Comedy Central Presents Jimmy Carr

Dr. Rated-R

I watched this last night, and it's one of the funniest standup specials I've ever seen. I may be biased because it's one of about four I've watched since getting cable back, so my expectations could be low. I'm just wondering what you guys thought of it? It's being repeated on Comedy Central for me right now.

I've never seen this, but let me guess... he did the joke about Women being like busses, followed up with the fattist joke, then at some point mentioned dogging and driving away like a plasterers radio? Then he did some other stuff and mentioned how he was better than you because he's posh.

Jimmy Carr is great, if you only ever watch him once. Any more than that and you realise he doesn't have too many jokes.

I've never seen this, but let me guess... he did the joke about Women being like busses, followed up with the fattist joke, then at some point mentioned dogging and driving away like a plasterers radio? Then he did some other stuff and mentioned how he was better than you because he's posh.

Jimmy Carr is great, if you only ever watch him once. Any more than that and you realise he doesn't have too many jokes.

I don't think I've seen Stephen Lynch's, but Demetri Martin's CCP is better than Carr's. When did he (Martin, that is) do that, and does he have a DVD or anything like that?

EDIT - Is Stephen Lynch one of the other ones they aired on Friday night? By any chance is he (and I mean no offense in saying this, it's the only way I can describe him) the bald homosexual from Texas? If so, then I didn't really care for it. It was okay, but nothing special.

Edited by veg

I saw Jimmy Carr and thought it was the funniest special in awhile.

Other notable CCPs...

-Carlos Mencia

-Dane Cook (I finally bought his CD/DVD today. It's pretty good)

-Pablo Francisco

There's some other ones too, like Stephen Lynch and Mitch Hedburg.

Jimmy Carr was pretty funny. I hadn't seen him before and I enjoyed his set. It was basically to hype up the gameshow thing that he is doing.

I get to see Stephen Lynch in a few weeks.

With Mitch Hedberg. I think he's fucking hilarious.