Batman: The Animated Series

Guest raze0811

Guest raze0811

First off, any other fans of this show on the board? I used to love the dark gritty drama and the occasional comedy, coupled with the thought-out stories. Great, great show all around in my opinion.

Anyway, the show's on DVD now, but one problem: I checked tvtome.com for the episode listing, and the episodes on the DVDs seem to be all out of order. Like, horribly out of order, as in you have to buy both DVD sets and constantly switch discs back and forth to watch the episodes from Season 1 in order. What gives?

And before some smart ass fires back with "so what its a cartoon" let me remind you that this was a very stroy driven series and the episodes most definitely have a chronological order to them story-wise.

I'm a big fan of the show as well. I consider it quite possibly the best cartoon ever made.

I've only picked up the first set of the DVD's, and of course I'm enjoying the hell out of them.

Do you happen to know where I can find a chronological listing for the episodes?

Guest raze0811

I'm a big fan of the show as well. I consider it quite possibly the best cartoon ever made.

I've only picked up the first set of the DVD's, and of course I'm enjoying the hell out of them.

Do you happen to know where I can find a chronological listing for the episodes?

Yeah i saw about it being out of order, which rather annoyed me as growing up that was one of my top cartoons that i loved to watch. Right up there with ninja turtles and transformers. Though my pockets aren't lined with money at the moment i will be keeping my eyes on them and some time i'll probably at least pick up one set. By the by was i the only one where with the originals( before Batman & Superman combo thing ) i enjoyed how in each ones with the joker he seemed to be killed off and then seemingly reappeared fine next time he showed up?

Guest raze0811

Yeah i saw about it being out of order, which rather annoyed me as growing up that was one of my top cartoons that i loved to watch. Right up there with ninja turtles and transformers. Though my pockets aren't lined with money at the moment i will be keeping my eyes on them and some time i'll probably at least pick up one set. By the by was i the only one where with the originals( before Batman & Superman combo thing ) i enjoyed how in each ones with the joker he seemed to be killed off and then seemingly reappeared fine next time he showed up?

Actually, the episodes on the DVD are in chronological order. Look at the production numbers on TVTome's show list. It goes 513, 501, 514, 520, 521. That means they aired the 13th episode first, then the first episode, then the 14th, 20th, and 21st. Networks do this all the time, unless it's a show with real strong continuity, like the old X-Men show.

Guest raze0811

Actually, the episodes on the DVD are in chronological order. Look at the production numbers on TVTome's show list. It goes 513, 501, 514, 520, 521. That means they aired the 13th episode first, then the first episode, then the 14th, 20th, and 21st. Networks do this all the time, unless it's a show with real strong continuity, like the old X-Men show.