World Wrestling Entertainment

Guest Xtian

Guest Red Devil

PWinsider Special Update!

Welcome to the newest section on PWinsider.com, as always I’m Johnny Horizontal and for the sake of you who didn’t order and watch the WWE No Way Out PPV I’ll be telling you what happened and leaving my thoughts on the matches. Enough about that, lets move to WWE No Way Out!

WWE No Way Out started off with a great fast paced match between 4 of the top cruiserweights in the world, well not in the world but in the WWE. Paul London, Chavo Guerrero, Akio and Spike Dudley showed us that there is life after Rey Mysterio. Rey has been playing with the “Big Boys” since losing the Cruiserweight Title and I see Paul London as the natural replacement to him as the King of the Cruiserweights. The only problem is London’s inability to connect with the crowd. So far he hasn’t been able to get the crowd on his side but due to his flashy moves and wholesome image I hope that changes soon. This match was perfect to open the show as it pumped up the crowd and had a very creative ending. I loved the London dropsault on both Chavo Guerrero and Spike Dudley with London landing on Akio and picking up the win. Good match. ** ¾

Up next we had a backstage skit with Hardcore Holly, Charlie Haas and Torrie Wilson. I’m not sure where this is heading but they’ve finally got Torrie doing something other then walking around in scantly clad clothing (which I don’t mind) and I’m happy for Charlie Haas that as they’ve finally shown him some TV time. As for Hardcore Holly, as they say… For every good thing there must be a bad thing. This segment just told us that Charlie and Torrie are a couple and for some reason Hardcore Holly doesn’t like that.

Now we move onto the first horrible thing at No Way Out (well second if you count Hardcore Holly) A match between one green worker who doesn’t even deserve to be called a wrestler and a veteran who is well past his prime and when his prime is playing a NASCAR driver then we have some trouble. Terrible match and this did nothing but bring the crowd back down after the awesome start. The worst part of the match was Puder’s horribly mistimed crossbody off the top rope. Holly did what he could to salvage the match but it was beyond repair. Holly picked up the win with the Alabama Slam. If I were giving negative stars this would be getting 5 stars… all in negative of course but I’m not so we’ll stick this in as a DUD.

The JBL promo did what it was supposed to do. Threaten Jordon and build up tonight’s main event. Anyway that led to the Eddie Guerrero v Orlando Jordon match. What Eddie did from winning the WWE Title last year at No Way Out to being stuck in a midcard match that was booked on the fly I’ll never know. Anyway this match was ok, it showed a much more vicious side to Jordon but that wasn’t enough to get him the win as Eddie picked up the victory with the Frog Splash. * ½ 

Billy Kidman bumped into Paul London next. Gee, I wonder who will be winning the WWE Cruiserweight Title tonight and facing London at Wrestlemania 21! That’s right. Anyway Kidman talked his usual jargon while London just stared at him. I guess the WWE have decided to pick up their naively ended feud up from last year.

The WWE Cruiserweight Title match was next and just as I expected Kidman beat Funaki. Looks like we’ll be seeing Kidman/London at Wrestlemania 21. Should be good. The match was ok, not a train wreck by any stretch of the imagination but not as good as the opening cruiserweight match. Kidman pinned Funaki with the Shooting Star Press after working over Funaki’s rib. ** ¼

Finally an entrant into the WWE Hall of Fame that really does deserve to be in it. Hulk Hogan. Now if they can get Bruno Sammartino and Bret “The Hitman” Hart into it then it’ll look much better.

The Undertaker v Heidenreich was not as hideous as I expected but still nowhere near a good wrestling match. Much more of a brawl as expected and the appearance of RAW Superstar Gene Snitsky piqued the fans interest in this. Snitsky interfered giving Taker the DQ win and with Heidenreich beat Taker up. No Kane tonight. *

A quality Angle interview was next, he berated his hometown fans and got perfect heel heat as well as build up the #1 contenders match as something really important. Also left some suspense when he wouldn’t answer Matthews question about HBK.

The Bashams v Mysterio/Booker T was a good match. Booker T looks in the middle of a heel turn and the tension between Booker T and Eddie Guerrero continued here. To cut a long story short after an enjoyable match we saw Eddie Guerrero accidentally level Booker with a steel chair leading to him getting pinned. Bashams retain the Tag Titles. **

John Cena interview next, he did the opposite of Kurt Angle and did it equally well. He built the fans up as his own and promised to beat Angle. Good babyface promo with no silly rapping.

That led to the MOTN between Cena/Angle. We all know Angle is great and Cena can be carried to great matches and this is what happened tonight. There weren’t much flashy moves on display but the emotion in this was electric. The crowd wanted Cena to win the match so badly and were granted that after 25+ Minutes of great action. The end came when a masked man hit the Sweet Chin… I mean the superkick on Angle. Cena hit Angle with the F-U after that and picked up the win. After the match Cena celebrated and more importantly the masked man revealed himself as Shawn Michaels. Hopefully this leads to a Angle/HBK match at Wrestlemania 21. *** ¼

The Animal is here! Batista arrives and the fans go wild. A good sign.

The main event is here. These two can’t wrestle so they did what they knew best, brawl and they did it well enough. Blood was pouring from JBL as he got absolutely annihilated throughout the match. The most important thing about this match was the return of none other then NFL failure Brock Lesnar. He hit the F-U on Big Show helping JBL retain the WWE Title. What happened after the match was much more entertaining then the actual match itself. Brock Lesnar beat on Big Show using the barbed wire (which wasn’t used throughout the match) to carve open the Big Show’s head. Cena came down to attack JBL but got attacked by JBL’s goons until Batista made the save. The ending shot was great, Batista and Cena facing off before staring down JBL. A main event that suffered from an awesome semi-main event but ended well with the return of Lesnar. ** ½

Overall it was a good PPV but could’ve been better. It had a few matches on the card that screamed “filler” to me but the matches they did advertise delivered. Even the main event did well because of the end and I’m excited about Lesnar’s return. It gives the Smackdown brand some much needed star power. I’ll give it a 6/10 rating.

There you have it. Instead of 3 hours you get all the information in a 10 minute read. Enjoy. WWE have already announced two matches for tomorrow night in addition to the Batista contract signing. RAW will be held at Madison Square Garden. Triple H v Randy Orton for the World Heavyweight Title and Christian and Maven v Jericho and Regal. Add in another entrant to the Hall of Fame and we should have a good show. Until next time I’ll leave you with a brief snippet of what we will have for you at the regular PWinsider Weekly Lariat this week.

+ More news and reaction to Brock Lesnar’s return

+ Update’s on Paul Heyman, Daniel Puder and “Stone Cold” Steve Austin

+ And finally Plans for Wrestlemania 21!

Guest Red Devil

user posted image

Date: 21st February 2005

Venue: Madison Square Garden

A video package is shown highlighting Batista’s rise to fame. The video starts with him joining Evolution seemingly ignoring his days as Deacon Bautista and shows him going through opponents using his brute force to take them out. We see clips of his recent dissention with Evolution leader Triple H and end at the Royal Rumble where he was crowned the Royal Rumble 2005 winner. The words “Tonight… Batista will choose his destiny” are heard over a still shot of Batista celebrating his Royal Rumble triumph with the Wrestlemania 21 logo in the background.

1. Eric Bischoff and Theodore Long welcome us to the show!

We cut to the arena where unusually we are not greeted with pyro’s and a screaming audience. We go straight to the ring where RAW GM Eric Bischoff and Smackdown GM Theodore Long are standing. They are both holding mics.

Eric: Welcome to the #1 show in the WWE, RAW! Tonight is a very special night because not only are we at the home of the WWE… Madison Square Garden but we are going to finally find out what match is going to main event Wrestlemania 21! Tonight in this squared circle we will see Triple H defend his World Heavyweight Title for the final time before Wrestlemania 21 against Randy Orton. Tonight we will also see Batista sign the contract to face either the World Heavyweight Champion or the WWE Heavyweight Champion at Wrestlemania 21! We could be seeing Batista taking on Triple H or even Batista taking on Randy Orton!

Long: Or…or we could see the biggest triple threat match in Wrestlemania history *glances at Bischoff* that’s right playa the BIGGEST triple threat match in Wrestlemania history if Batista signs the Smackdown contract to face both John Cena and WWE Champion John Bradshaw Layfield.

Eric: *coughing* that’s won’t be happening *stops coughing*

Long looks over to Eric.

Long: Did you just say something?

Eric: No…*shakes head* no.

Long: Good. Now let’s not waste anymore time and get down to Business. Batista isn’t here yet but will be here later tonight. This decision is entirely down to him, not me, not Bischoff and not Triple H. Just Batista. As you can see on the outside we have both contracts for Batista to sign.

Theodore Long points to the outside where there is a glass cabinet with two contracts inside it. We see one contract with a “RAW” plaque underneath it and the other contract with a “SMACKDOWN” plaque underneath it.

Bischoff: That’s right Teddy, When Batista has made his decision. All he has to do is walk out here and sign the RAW cont… sorry I mean sign one of the contracts. You’ve got till the end of the show Batista… so choose wisely.

Bischoff drops the mic and shakes Long’s hand. The camera focuses in on the glass cabinet with the two contracts on the outside before we cut to our first commercial break of the evening.

Overall Rating: 69.3%

-- Commercial Break --

2. Muhammad Hassan w/ Khosrow Daivari v Val Venis

We return from the break and cut straight to the ring where Val Venis is making his entrance. He poses for the crowd which gets a small pop from the women in the audience. That pop turns into a hostile reception as Muhammad Hassan and Khosrow Daivari enter the arena. They are greeted with jeers and a huge “USA” chant. Hassan is wearing a traditional Islamic dress as he enters the ring with Daivari who is wearing his usual grey suit. The match is a regular slow paced affair with Hassan taking most of the offence. Hassan plays to the crowd throughout the match gaining some good heat. Venis does fire back with a few right hands after a missed clothesline from Hassan. Val takes down Hassan with a scoop slam and climbs to the top rope. He calls for the Money Shot but before he can hit it Daivari gets onto the apron and distracts him. This gives Hassan enough time to get to his feet and take Venis down with a huge superplex. Hassan locks in the Camel Clutch and as Daivari is shouting in Pushti on the outside Venis taps out. Hassan’s music blasts out of the PA as the crowd attempt to drown it out with chants of “USA” which infuriate Hassan and Daivari.

Winner: Muhammad Hassan with a Camel Clutch at 8:12

Overall Rating: 68.7%

3. Stacy checks on Randy

We cut to the back where we see some sandals. The camera shifts up some really long legs which gets a loud cheer from the men as they know who it is. The camera finally gets to the face to reveal its Stacy Keibler. She’s got a worried look on her face. The camera shifts to the left and we see Randy Orton who gets a loud pop. He is sitting down wearing casual clothing.

Stacy: Randy, are you sure you’re okay? I’m worried about you. Last time you were in the ring against Triple H he seriously injured you. You could still be concussed.

Randy get’s to his feet.

Randy: Look Stacy, there’s no need to worry. I’m fine. I took a couple of weeks off to recover and now I’m ready to take the World Heavyweight Title back from Triple H. Trust me. I’m fine.

Randy smiles at her before turning his back to her. He begins unbuttoning his shirt as he is getting ready for his match. Stacy has a worried look on her face as we fade to black.

Overall Rating: 68.4%

4. Coach with Shelton Benjamin

We cut to the interview area where The Coach is standing by with WWE Intercontinental Champion Shelton Benjamin. Benjamin is wearing casual clothing and has the WWE Intercontinental Championship slumped over his shoulder.

Coach: Last week after you successfully defended your WWE Intercontinental against Viscera, Muhammad Hassan and Khosrow Daivari interrupted your celebration and promised to take that belt *taps the WWE IC Title* away from you. What are your thoughts on that?

Benjamin: From the day I won the WWE Intercontinental Championship I promised to myself that I would defend it against anyone and everyone who wanted it. I know I’ve got a bulls-eye on my chest because of this Title and I enjoy that. I enjoy being the WWE Intercontinental champion and if Muhammad Hassan wants to take it away from me then all he has to do is ask and I’ll give him the opportunity.

Muhammad Hassan and Khosrow Daivari come on screen. Hassan is still sweating after his match with Val Venis.

Hassan: You’re just like the rest of them. You think your treating us as equals but your not. I’m an Arab American and I haven’t been defeated in the WWE yet. How do the fans show me their appreciation? They show it by booing me and cheering for you. If I have to win the WWE IC Title to prove to everyone in America that I am just like you then so be it. I will not stop until me and my fellow brothers get the respect that all you Americans get.

Daivari begins shouting something out in Pushti at Benjamin as a staff member walks upto the Coach and whispers something into his ear.

Coach: Sorry to interrupts you there Khosrow but I’ve just been informed that courtesy of Eric Bischoff. Next week on RAW we will see Shelton Benjamin take on Muhammad Hassan in a non title match. If Hassan wins then he will get a shot at the WWE IC Title, any time… any place but if Benjamin wins then Hassan will not get his Title shot.

Hassan: Once again I am discriminated against because of my colour. Did Viscera have to prove himself a worthy challenger? What about Simon Dean the week before or Tyson Tomko the week before that? No! You know why? It’s because people in power like Eric Bischoff discriminate against our people because of the skin of our colour. Shelton, next week I’m going to continue my unbeaten streak and win myself a shot at the WWE IC Title. Then I’m going to become the new WWE IC Champion after I beat you for the second time in succession!

Hassan stares at Benjamin before walking away with Daivari. Benjamin continues to stare at Hassan as we cut to ringside.

Overall Rating: 79.0%

5. Kane v Viscera

We cut to the ring where Viscera is standing. The monster awaits his opponent and doesn’t have to wait long as the Big Red Machine Kane makes his entrance to a loud reaction. He stomps down to the ring looking angry and enters the ring, He doesn’t even do his usual pyro spots and goes straight for Kane. The light come back on as Kane nails Viscera with rights before whipping him off the far ropes and taking him down with a big boot. This match lasts only minutes as after a few more power moves Kane takes Viscera down with a huge chokeslam and makes the cover to get the three count. As JR and the King put Kane over as a dominating monster Gene Snitsky comes from through the crowd wielding a steel pipe. King notes that last night at No Way Out Gene Snitsky attacked The Undertaker with a steel pipe and that could well be the same pipe. He slides into the ring and smacks it over the head of Kane. Kane falls to the mat and lays there as Snitsky celebrates with the pipe. He exits the ring and gleefully walks up the entrance ramp. He gets to the top and looks back to see Kane sit right back up! The crowd pop for that as an angry Gene Snitsky goes to the back and we cut to a commercial break.

Winner: Kane with the chokeslam at 2:11

Overall Rating: 68.5%

-- Commercial Break --

6. Edge feels Underappreciated

We return from the commercial break and go straight to ringside. “Wreck” hits out walks “Hardcore Legend” Mick Foley to a huge pop! The unannounced appearance gets a great reaction as a huge “Foley” chant is echoed around Madison Square Garden as he enters the ring. He walks up to Lillian Garcia and gets the mic from her.

Foley: It’s great to be back… especially right here in Madison Square Garden *Mick Foley gives the crowd thumbs up as he gets his patented cheap pop from the crowd* I’ve still got it! Anyway I came down here for one reason tonight. You see, last year in the build up to Wrestlemania one man was trying to make a name for himself at the expense of Mick Foley. That man was Randy Orton. He pushed me to the limit and brought back the psycho that was deep, deep, deep down in my soul and at Backlash I gave him everything I had. What surprised me that night was that Orton didn’t just talk smack. He backed up every word of it and once he beat me that night he gained my respect. Tonight Randy has the biggest match of his life when he faces Triple H for the World Heavyweight Title. Believe me, I’ve been in the ring with some of the greatest superstars to grace this ring and he ranks up there amongst the best. All I wanted to do was to call Randy out here and offer him a handshake and wish him good luck in his match later tonight. So Randy if you can spare 5 minutes… come on down.

The crowd start up a “Randy” chant but that soon turns to jeers as “Metalingus” by Alter Bridge hits and out walks Edge. Edge plays to the crowd on top of the ramp to a loud “You Suck” chant. He is wearing his usual wrestling attire with his long black coat and black sunglasses. He enters the ring and goes face to face with Foley before snatching the mic away from him.

Edge: What the hell is this! Last week on RAW I defeated Chris Benoit in a great match and what do I get for it? I don’t even get booked in a match tonight. I showed up here tonight expecting to get at least some TV time but they told me that you wanted to say something so they had nothing for me. You’re a washed up has been and now you just can’t stand the fact that people like me are going to eclipse your legacy so you take it upon yourself to come out here and hold me back. Randy Orton has gotten two World Heavyweight Title Shots in the past month! What has he done that’s so special? Has he beaten me? I beat him last year for the WWE intercontinental Championship and where do we end up? After getting his ass handed to him by Triple H he gets another World Heavyweight Title shot will I’m stuck in the ring with an idiot like you. Eric Bischoff screwed me out of the World Heavyweight Title after all you people saw me pin Chris Benoit in a triple threat match last year. Then when I finally got another chance to win the title that punk Shawn Michaels screwed me out of the World Heavyweight Title. I lasted the longest in the Royal Rumble and I still haven’t got rewarded for it. *starts to pull on his hair* IT JUST MAKES ME MAD! I KEEP ON GETTING SCREWED AND I’M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!

Edge runs at Mick Foley and takes him out with the spear! The crowd gasp in surprise as Edge kneels over the fallen Mick Foley.

Edge: Whoever wants to screw me out of my rightful place as World Heavyweight Champion… will be taken out, just… like … you!

Edge drops the mic and exits the ring. JR comments that Edge seems to have a demented mind as he just attacked the Hardcore Legend! King disagrees with JR saying that Edge is right. He needs to take his place at the top and not wait for it. Edge exits to the back as Foley is still on the mat and we cut to the back.

Overall Rating: 70.0%

7. Kane wants Gene Snitsky!

We cut to the back where Eric Bischoff is with Theodore Long watching what just happened.

Eric: Now look at that, now that is the reason why RAW is the #1 brand. We have Legends queuing up to appear on RAW and the RAW wrestlers have the belief to attack them just like Edge did. They’re fearless and that’s why they work for me, Eric Bischoff!

Long: Is that right playa?

Eric: That’s right. They’re fearless just like me!

At that moment Kane barges into the locker room.

Eric: What the hell do you think you’re doing!

Kane walks up to Bischoff and grabs him by his neck and pushes him against the wall. He lifts him into the air.

Kane: I want Snitsky and I want him now.

Eric: Put me down right now!

Kane drops Bischoff. Eric fixes his collars before replying.

Eric: Look Kane, attacking me isn’t going to get you what you want!

Kane is about to attack Bischoff again.

Eric: But… But I’ll sort something out.

Kane stares at Bischoff before walking away and exiting the room.

Long: Fearless just like you.

Long laughs as he mocks Bischoff.

Eric: Forget about that. I’ve got an idea. You see I’ve had Gene Snitsky come up to me and ask for both The Undertaker and Kane. I’ve had Kane demand a match against Gene Snitsky.

Long: You're not alone there playa, Heidenreich wants both Undertaker and Kane and after last night The Undertaker wants to get his hands on both Gene Snitsky and Heidenreich. What have you got in mind playa?

Eric: I propose the first ever RAW/Smackdown v RAW/Smackdown tag match in history. We take one RAW Superstar and team him with a Smackdown superstar against one other Smackdown Superstar with another RAW Superstar.

Long: Are you saying what I think you’re saying?

Eric: You damn right I am. The Brothers of Destruction reunited for One Night Only at Wrestlemania 21. The Undertaker and Kane v Heidenreich and Gene Snitsky.

Long: For once… we’re both on the same wavelength playa.

Eric: So should we go ahead with this?

Long: I’ll holla at my solicitors and draw up a contract.

Theodore Long calls his solicitors on his cell phone as Eric Bischoff rubs his hands together and smiles.

Overall Rating: 70.2%

8. Simon Dean introduces his “Masterpiece

We return to ringside where Simon Dean is standing in the middle of the ring holding a mic. Tonight he doesn’t have his gym bag with him nor does he have any of the “Simon System” products.

Dean: As you can see tonight I have no advertising to do. You see last week I realised that what I’ve been doing hasn’t worked. The advertising hasn’t paid off so I did what all great businessmen do. Think up a new and innovative advertising method. That’s why I have left behind all the products because you know what they are. What you don’t know is how well they work. So without further ado I give to you the walking advertisement of the Simon System. Simon’s Masterpiece, Chris Masters!

These words are echoed around the arena as we see a video play of Chris Masters showing off his body. All the way through this video we see the “Simon System” logo on the bottom left hand of the screen.

The most outstanding work an individual can achieve has a name. Michelangelo chiseled granite with his bare hands to make it. Mozart labored in poverty to find it. Hemmingway took his own life when he could no longer write it. One man has gone beyond them all. One man has truly produced a work that humbles those who stand before it. His name is Simon Dean and with help from the Simon System he brings you “The Masterpiece” Chris Masters.

We return from the short video to see a small podium set up on the top of the ramp. Chris Masters is posing on the podium.

Dean: Now with that kind of body created courtesy of the Simon System, how can we fail? Come on down Chris!

Chris Masters slowly walks down to the ring, stopping to pose before entering the ring. He walks up to Dean and shakes his hand which gets a small jeer and poses once again.

Dean: Now the unveiling is complete let me show you how someone using the Simon System is so much better then someone who clearly isn’t!

Simon Dean exits the ring as Masters stands in the corner. The worst thing about this segment was that Masters or Dean couldn’t get much heat. The crowd were totally silent throughout this segment.

Overall Rating: 38.1%

9. Chris Masters w/ Simon Dean v Rosey

Eye of the Hurricane” hits and out walks Rosey to a small cheer. He stomps down to ringside and enters the ring. Masters wastes no time in attacking Rosey hitting him with a couple of forearms before lifting him up and slamming him into the mat with a scoop slam! That gets a small reaction out of the crowd. King and JR comment that Masters just picked up and slammed down a 350 pounder and called him a “Tower of strength” This match went relatively short as Masters handed out a beating to Rosey hitting him with a few basic power moves. The crowd were more interested in Simon Dean on the outside who was having an argument with an overweight couple. The match came to an end when Master lifted Rosey up again showing some immense power and slammed him down with a running powerslam but in this case more of a walking Powerslam. He made the pin and got the three count as Simon Dean entered the ring. Dean kicked Rosey in the ribs a couple of times before lifting Masters arms into the air to celebrate their victory. They got some loud jeers as Masters continued to pose to the crowd while Dean shouted out “This is what happens to disgusting overweight people like you” pointing at Rosey and giving him another kick in the ribs.

Winner: Chris Masters with the Running Powerslam at 6:55

Overall Rating: 49.2%

-- Commercial Break --

10. Evolution talk

We returned from the break and cut straight to Evolution’s locker room. “Nature Boy” Ric Flair is greeted with “Wooooooooos” from the live crowd but they turn to jeers as the camera moves over to “The Game” Triple H. Ric Flair is wearing his usual high priced suit as Triple H is in his wrestling attire wearing an “Evolution” Shirt and having the World Heavyweight Title around his waist.

Flair: Look champ, tonight you’ve got only one thing to worry about and that is Randy Orton. We’ve got Batista on our side and he knows that he must make the right decision for Evolution and not for himself. If you go out there and give Randy another beating you’ll prove to Batista that once you go against Evolution, just like Orton did. You’re gonna get an ass kickin’ Wooooooooo!

HHH: I hope you’re right Naitch. I know me and Batista have had our ups and downs in past weeks but deep down I really do care for him and want to see him succeed and the ONLY way for him to succeed is to go to Smackdown to face the WWE Champion.

Flair: Like I said, you’ve only got one thing to worry about. You focus on your match with Randy and I’ll talk to Dave when he get’s here.

Triple H pats Flair on the back before walking away. Flair shouts out another “Wooooooooo” before getting his cell phone out and calling Batista.

Overall Rating: 100.0% :o

11. Wrestlemania 21!

We cut to a video hyping Wrestlemania 21. It is the Basic Instinct spoof featuring Chris Jericho, Chris Benoit, Christian, Stacy Keibler and special appearances by the Fabulous Moolah and Mea Young. It hypes Wrestlemania and tells us it’s on April 3rd 2005.

Overall Rating: 84.0%

12. Jim Ross with Shawn Michaels

We return from the video to see Jim Ross standing in the middle of the ring holding a mic. He is wearing his usual black trousers, black WWE shirt and a black cowboy hat.

JR: Ladies and gentleman. Put your hands together for the “Heartbreak” Kid Shawn Michaels!

Sexy Boy” blasts through the PA as Shawn Michaels walks down to ringside. He isn’t his normal dancing self as he calmly walks down the ramp. He is wearing some blue denim jeans with a black “HBK” shirt and has a plaster on his forehead. He enters the ring and poses for the crowd before shaking hands with JR and standing next to him.

JR: Firstly how are you holding up?

HBK: I’m a little banged up after that attack but I’ll be 100% soon.

JR: That’s good to hear. Now let’s get straight to the point here. After Kurt Angle attacked you a few weeks ago on RAW you went to Smackdown’s PPV No Way Out last night and hit him with the Sweet Chin Music costing him a shot at the WWE Heavyweight Title. When is this all going to end?

HBK: You know what JR, at the Royal Rumble I eliminated him cleanly and I didn’t just eliminate him because he was just another wrestler. When I left wrestling a few years back people started calling Kurt Angle the next Shawn Michaels. Some even went as far as saying he was better then the Showstopper. That got me angry and as soon as I saw him I knew I had to eliminate him and prove for once and for all who really is the Showstopper. Who really is the Main Even and who really is the Heartbreak Kid! When that was done and dusted he couldn’t take it. He couldn’t take the fact that I was better then him so he had to return and eliminate me, that wasn’t enough for him because he attacked me after that but I didn’t care. I got the better of him and I was done with it until RAW went to Japan. He attacked me once again and sent me to hospital. I had to get 12 stitches put in my head *points to the plaster on his forehead* to stop the bleeding and that’s when you overstepped the mark. You messed with me and last night I returned the favour to you. Some people would say we’re even. I’m not one of those people. You see Kurt, I’ve had to deal with many pretenders throughout my career and the only way to get rid of them was to beat them in the middle of the ring, 1-2-3! So Kurt I’ve got an idea, to prove to everyone who really is the greatest. Shawn Michaels v Kurt Angle in a singles match at the biggest stage of them all, Wrestlemania!

The crowd pop huge for that challenge.

JR: Whoa! That’s a huge challenge Shawn. Are you sure that’s the right thing to do?

HBK: It may be the right thing to do but it may not. The only thing I know is that it is the ONLY way to do this!

Sexy Boy” hits once again ending the interview with a huge challenge being issued. As Michaels exits the ring the King puts over the possibility of a Michaels v Angle match at Wrestlemania 21!

Overall Rating: 94.6%

-- Commercial Break --

13. Christian and Maven w/ Tyson Tomko v Chris Jericho and William Regal

We returned from the break and went straight to a video. It recapped what happened last week on RAW leading to this match. It showed Christian, Maven and Tomko first attacking Regal before showing a recap of the infamous “Peep Show” which ended with Christian and Maven issuing a tag challenge for tonight. We then see Jericho find his partner in William Regal for tonight. We cut back to ringside where “Just open your eyes” by Waterproof Blonde plays and out walk Christian and Maven followed to the ring by Tyson Tomko. They enter the ring to loud jeers and both men posed on the top rope getting even more heat. Out next is William Regal who gets a loud cheer. He walks down the ramp and stops before looking back as “Break the Walls” blasts through the PA and out walks Chris Jericho to a thunderous reception. Jericho runs down the ramp and both Jericho and Regal slide into the ring at the same time and take the fight to Christian and Maven. As Tomko exits the ring Jericho catapults himself off the middle rope and hits Tyson with a dropkick sending him off the apron and into the barricade. The match soon breaks down into a wild brawl but after a few minutes referee Mike Chioda gets it under control and turns it into a regular tag match. This is a great tag match with Christian and Maven working over Jericho for the first 10 minutes of the match making frequent tags and tiring him out. Regal does get the hot tag in but as Maven had the referee distracted the tag doesn’t count.

The end of the match comes when Jericho has been in the ring for close to 15 minutes with Regal not getting much action. As Maven and Christian double team Jericho in the corner Regal tries to get into the ring but Mike Chioda stops him. Maven climbs to the top rope as Christian holds Jericho. Jericho fights out of it with hard right hands. Maven jumps off the top rope to try and stop Jericho’s comeback but gets caught with a standing enziguri! As Jericho nailed Maven with the enziguri he sent Maven head first into Christian knocking both men to the mat. Jericho quickly crawled to his corner and made the tag to Regal. Regal waited for both Maven and Christian to get to their feet. Both men took their time but got there just as Jericho got back to his feet. In a move that shocked everyone in attendance instead of nailing either Maven or Christian, Regal turned around and smacked Jericho with a hard left hand flooring him. The crowd started a huge “Regal Sucks” chant as Christian, Maven and Regal all hugged in the middle of the ring. The assault wasn’t over as they lifted Jericho onto the top turnbuckle and both Maven and Regal sent him back down to the ring with a huge double superplex! That wasn’t all as Christian, who looked like the ring leader in this, ordered Regal and Maven to lift Jericho to his feet and hit him with the Unprettier before making the pin to get the win. After the match Tyson Tomko entered the ring and Christian, Maven, Regal and Tomko all stood over Jericho with their arms raised celebrating as the crowd jeered!

Winner: Christian and Maven with the Unprettier at 15:59

Overall Rating: 79.7%

-- Commercial Break --

14. Trish insults Christy Hemme

We return from the break and go straight to the back where Christy Hemme is doing another photo shoot. This time she is wearing some “Bunny” ears and is dressed in a “Playboy” sort of way. After a few shots the cameraman calls for a break and Christy walks off the set and takes a drink of water. Trish Stratus walks into picture holding the WWE Womens Title.

Trish: So is this all you do? Every week I see you having photo shoots, doing the same thing over and over again. While I’m in the ring fighting to try and raise the prestige of women all over the world you’re demeaning all my efforts by acting like a slut back here! And what do I hear, Playboy are going to offer you the chance to pose nude for them next month *loud pop from the crowd* Them fools out there might like it but I just came to say that if you do accept then you’ll be just like the rest of them dumb women. A filthy… slutty… WHORE!

Angered by those comments Christy tries to slap Trish but Trish grabs hold of her arm. As Trish is about to slap Christy with her free hand Victoria walks in and grabs hold of Trish’s arm.

Victoria: Why don’t you pick on someone like me?

Victoria stares at Trish who looks embarrassed. After a few seconds Trish walks away as Christy thanks Victoria.

Overall Rating: 76.1%

15. Tag Titles on the line next week!

We cut to RAW GM Eric Bischoff’s room where he is watching RAW with Theodore Long. As they discuss Wrestlemania 21 citing the possible RAW v Smackdown matches in Undertaker and Kane v Gene Snitsky and Heidenreich as well as Shawn Michaels v Kurt Angle. They also argue about who Batista will sign for later tonight. Just then La Résistance burst into the room with the World Tag Team Titles around their waist.

Conway: Mr. Bischoff, when we won the World Tag Team Titles we wanted to prove ourselves as the best tag team in the WWE but since then we’ve had no worthy challengers and tonight we don’t even have a chance to defend the World Tag Team Titles. What are you going to do about it?

Bischoff: No one bursts into my office and tells me what to do. You feel you are being disrespected? Well if you want to defend your World Tag Team Titles then so be it. Tonight I gave you the night off but next week because of your little outburst here you will be defending the World Tag Team Titles not against one but two teams. You will defend the World Tag Team Titles against both Maven and William Regal as well as Chris Jericho and a partner of his choosing. So now… are you happy with that?

Both members of La Résistance look scared as Bischoff smiles.

Overall Rating: 67.6%

16. The 6th Inductee into the WWE Hall of Fame class 2005 is…

We cut to the announce table where Jim Ross and JR are talking straight to the camera.

King: Did you hear what Trish said? Christy may be in next month’s Playboy magazine. Puppies Galore!

JR: Calm down King. We’ve got more important things to worry about. Up next is the World Heavyweight Title match between Triple H and Randy Orton and in the next 20 minutes we will also be getting an answer from Batista.

King: That’s right JR. Batista may walk out at any time to sign the contract of his choosing and may even do it in the middle of the World Title match.

JR: That’s coming up soon but before that we have an announcement to make. On every episode of Monday Night RAW until Wrestlemania 21 we will be revealing a WWE Hall of Fame class of 2005 inductee!

King: And that’s starts right here tonight.

JR: Take a look at this.

We cut to the same video package we saw last night at No Way Out highlighting the current members of the Hall of Fame class of 2005.

THE IRON SHEIK

The Iron Sheik became WWE Champion the day after Christmas in 1983 when he defeated Bob Backlund at Madison Square Garden. The victory was a controversial one as Backlund's manager Arnold Skaaland threw in the towel, as Backlund refused to submit.

NIKOLAI VOLKOFF

Nikolai Volkoff has certainly stood the test of time. Although Volkoff is probably best known as the evil Russian who teamed up with The Iron Sheik to become a World Tag Team Champion, he actually had his first match in 1968 against Bruno Sammartino.

January 31st Raw

Alright, I'm reviewing this as I'm reading it so yeah. Just keep that in mind.

Triple H really made Orton sound like a bitch to anyone that didn't watch the Rumble. If you didn't see the Rumble and you just heard Triple H's rambling then you would have thought the match to be a 8 second squash. And no rebuttal from Orton really doesn't help the situation. You seem to be going in the same direction of the real WWE with the whole "which brand will Batista choose" storyline. But that's not THAT bad, considering that it was a pretty decent, if not entirely predictable, idea.

I like impromptu matches, but not the one between Batista and Viscera. You're trying to get Batista over as a powerhouse, but it just didn't add up with this match. It took Batista three clotheslines to take down Viscera, yet he scooped him up with ease for the Spinebuster. It just doesn't add up, and doesn't really help the continuity factor.

You've got your Ric Flair down pretty good with his constant shilling of Triple H as the best. That segment came off pretty good, with Batista still seeming somewhat naive towards Flair and Triple H's plans for him.

Maven's promo was very good to get his character across, and his match with Benoit was good. It didn't hurt Benoit at all, and it kept Maven's character alive and well. Good booking.

The HBK and Orton segment was FUCKING BLAND. I expect that from Orton, but HBK usually seems energetic, exciting and has no problem with captivating the crowd. Really really sucked and didn't help regain any of Orton's lost heat from earlier in the night.

The Hassan promo had a good premise, and was very good up until the end. Todd Grisham is an untrained announcer, so the chances of him taking a Modified STO onto the concrete is pretty ridiculous.

Benjamin vs Tomko would have been better if it was lengthier. Then you could have played up the big man/small man situation, as well as Shelton's never say die attitude. But what has Tomko done to deserve a title shot? Not very sound booking.

Raw = live TV. Edge saying bullshit wouldn't happen. Realism. Let's see it. I know his character is angry, but he still wouldn't be saying bullshit. But the highlite reel segment did set the stage for the triple threat match nicely.

You've gotta watch the wording for some of your guys. Gene Snitsky saying the word buffoons just wouldn't happen. Word choice is really important, and it took your relatively decent Snitsky down a notch.

You really dropped the ball with the cage match. You've got to put more detail into gimmicked matches, and you just flat out didn't there. Plus, you should have used the atmosphere of the match more. More involvement with the surroundings would have been nice. And you kind of made Kane look weak by needing Taker's music, and darkness to beat Snitsky.

The main event was good up until the finish. Very detailed which was good. But, yeah the finish sucked. You should have played the "Will Batista side with HBK?" card, instead of having HBK just straight away attack Batista right off the bat. This kind of neutralized the previous segment with HBK trying to talk Batista into being on his side. Plus, HBK only did take out one of Batista's eyes, so he would still have some idea as to what he was doing or where he was going. Yeah, if you were going to have this finish then you just shouldn't have booked the previous segment the way you did.

So what do I think of the first show? It was decent. I liked what you were trying to do, storyline wise and character wise (Maven, and Hassan's character, and the setting up of the Highlite Reel), but I strongly disliked your execution. (Batista not being able to clothesline Viscera effectively but somehow manages to hit an easy spinebuster, Grisham getting dropped face first onto concrete, bullshit on Raw, and the main event finish) But as time goes on it could get better.

Guest Red Devil

user posted image

Date: 22nd February 2005 (to be aired 24th February 2005)

Venue: Chicago, Illinois

We kick off tonight’s edition of WWE Smackdown with a video recap of what happened this past Sunday at No Way Out. We are shown still shots of the John Cena/Kurt Angle match. We see the masked man hit the sweet chin music on Angle and then Cena hit the F-U on Angle. We then see a shot of Shawn Michaels revealing himself as the masked man! We go to the Main Event between The Big Show and JBL. We see JBL wearing the crimson mask before seeing the startling return of Brock Lesnar. We also see Cena and Batista attacking the Cabinet and end the video with a shot of Batista and Cena staring down JBL!

1. Brock Lesnar talks

We cut to the arena where pyro’s go off to signal the opening of the show. “Here comes the Pain” hits and out walks Brock Lesnar to a huge “You Sold Out” chant. He walks down the aisle and jumps onto the apron before entering the ring. He grabs the mic off Tony Chimel and is about to speak. He waits a few seconds for the “You Sold Out” chants to stop but they continue. Brock Lesnar looks angered by the chant.

Brock: You damn right I sold out!

The crowd breaks out in a huge jeer. Brock Lesnar smiles before continuing.

Brock: When I first came to the WWE I destroyed everyone and everything in sight. I did everything any legend has ever done in this business and did it in only a few years. I won the WWE Heavyweight Title, I main evented Wrestlemania and I beat all the huge stars. From Hulk Hogan to The Rock. No one could stop me and that’s why I left. It just wasn’t a challenge anymore. I did everything I could here and there was nothing keeping me here. People kept asking me, what about the fans? Don’t they mean anything to you? You know what I told them? I told them that the fans could kiss my ass because I don’t give a damn about anyone other then me.

The crowd jeer once again. This time louder.

Brock: You can boo all you want but the fact of the matter is Brock Lesnar doesn’t need the WWE… the WWE needs Brock Lesnar. That’s why when Theodore Long offered me a big money deal to return to Smackdown I accepted it. I accepted it because of two reasons. One, the money was too good to turn down and two, I had some unfinished business to take care of. Big Show. You were the first man to defeat Brock Lesnar. You were the man who took my first WWE Heavyweight Title away from me. Since I’ve been away I’ve seen you send a message to me. Hitting people with the F-5. I got that message loud and clear and that’s why last night I thought to myself. What better way to return to the WWE then to take down the biggest superstar the WWE have to offer and I did just that without even breaking sweat!

Brock smiled as the crowd began a “Big Show” chant. Brock was about to continue when “It’s the Big Show” hit and out walked the 7’2 500 pound monster, The Big Show. He stomped down to ringside looking angry as he had a plaster on his forehead. Brock Lesnar dropped the mic and exited the ring. He ran up the aisle and met Big Show half way. Both men exchanged rights with Big Show getting the advantage. Big Show hit him with a few slaps to the chest before whipping him into the guardrail. Brock fought back hitting Big Show with a couple of clothesline but they didn’t faze the Big Show. Lesnar then hit the Big Show with a low Blow dropping him to his knees before hitting him with a knee lift sending him to the floor. Staff members ran down to ringside and finally managed to break up the fight. After a minute or so Big Show threw all the staff members off of him and ran at Brock and took him down with a clothesline. Road agents and referees once again broke up the fight. This time Brock Lesnar broke away and ran at Big Show. Both men exchanged rights as they fought all the way to the back. Cole and Tazz told us that we’re going to a commercial break but we’ll have more on this when we return!

Overall Rating: 72.1%

-- Commercial Break --

2. Haas and Holly w/ Torrie Wilson v Mark Jindrak & Luther Reigns

We returned from the commercial break and saw Mark Jindrak and Luther Reigns making their entrance. Cole and Tazz told us that Brock Lesnar and The Big Show are still fighting in the back somewhere. They told us that they’ll have an update on that as they get it. Charlie Haas and Hardcore Holly were out next. Haas was accompanied to the ring by his girlfriend, Torrie Wilson. They got a small pop as they entered the ring. This match started off as a brawl with Jindrak & Reigns gaining the advantage but Haas and Holly fought back. As Torrie stood on the outside, Luther Reigns dropped to the floor and followed her around the ring. He trapped her and went to kiss her but she responded by slapping him and he walked straight into a superkick from Charlie Haas. On the inside Hardcore Holly hit Jindrak with the Alabama Slam and got the three count to pick up the victory. Haas and Torrie celebrated inside the ring with a kiss as Holly looked on in disgust. Cole and Tazz commented that Holly doesn’t like Torrie but he’ll have to get used to her if he’s sticking with Haas.

Winners: Haas and Holly with an Alabama Slam at 7:33

Match Rating: 73.6%

3. Eddie tries to explain

We cut to a locker room in the back where Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio and Booker T are all standing.

Eddie: Look essa, how much more time do I have to tell you? I didn’t mean to hit you with the chair holmes. I came to help you. I swung for Orlando not you. It was accidental.

Booker T: You know what Eddie, I don’t trust you. You’ve already screwed me out of the WWE Heavyweight Title and at No Way Out you screwed me and Rey out of the Tag Team Titles. Why should I trust you?

Rey: Look Booker. I’ve knows Eddie all my life and I know he didn’t mean to hit you. It was accidental. Let’s just talk about it and get this sorted out because we can’t carry on like this.

Eddie: He’s right holmes. I’m sorry I hit you with the chair but I’ll prove to you tonight that you can trust me when I team with you and John Cena to take on the Bashams and Orlando Jordon.

Booker T stares at Eddie before looking over to Rey. He looks back to Eddie before turning around and walking away. As Booker T slams the door shut both Eddie and Rey look concerned.

Overall Rating: 82.0%

4. Billy Kidman talks to Josh Matthews

We cut to the interview area where Josh Matthews is standing by with Billy Kidman.

Josh: This past Sunday at No Way Out you defeated Funaki to win the WWE Cruiserweight Title. Also at No Way Out Paul London won a #1 contenders match to face you for the WWE Cruiserweight Title at Wrestlemania 21. What are your thoughts on that?

Kidman smiles as he strokes his Cruiserweight Title which is draped over his shoulder.

Billy: Last week on Smackdown I promised to win the WWE Cruiserweight Championship and at No Way Out I did just that. Being the Cruiserweight Champion proves that I am the greatest Cruiserweight in the world and no one can beat me. Paul London is just another young gun trying to take the gold from me. When we were tag champs last year I carried him and when it came to the crunch. When he had to go it alone and take me on I defeated him in the middle of the ring, 1,2,3! I’m not even worrying about him. I hear he’s got a match against the man I beat at No Way Out, Funaki tonight. I’ll be watching that and seeing if he can beat him as easily as I did.

Kidman smirks before stroking the Cruiserweight Title once again and walking off screen.

Josh: Confident words by the new champ here. We’ve got to go to a commercial break but don’t go away because we’ll have more great action for you when we return.

Matthews smiles as we cut to a commercial break.

Overall Rating: 55.4%

-- Commercial Break --

5. Paul London v Funaki

We returned from the break to see Funaki standing in the ring. Out next is the #1 contender to the Cruiserweight Championship Paul London. He runs down the aisle and slides into the ring in his usual manner. Before the bell rings to get this match underway, “You can run” hits and out walks Billy Kidman to a few jeers. He walks out wearing casual clothing and has the Cruiserweight Title draped over his shoulder. He joins Michael Cole and Tazz for commentary. This match gets underway and London starts off fast hitting Funaki with a couple of dropkicks followed by a hurracarana. He stares at Kidman and motions he wants the Cruiserweight Title. Cole asks Kidman what he’s doing out here and Kidman replies by telling him he is “scouting Paul London.” It looks like Funaki’s ribs are still hurting from his match at No Way Out as he is holding them throughout this match. This match ends rather quickly with London hitting Funaki with the Dropsault before climbing to the top rope and hitting him with the 450 Splash onto the injured ribs to pick up the win. London climbs to the top rope to celebrate his victory as Kidman gets to his feet. Both men have a stare down as Kidman tells London “You’re not getting MY title!”

Winner: Paul London with the 450 Splash at 5:24

Match Rating: 73.7%

6. RAW Rebound

We cut to a video showing us the “RAW Rebound.” We see highlights from the contract signing on RAW.

Flair entered the ring to celebrate with Triple H but Triple H looked angry. He whispered something into Flair’s ear and both men exited the ring. Flair looked under the ring and brought two steel chairs into the ring. Triple H walked over to the RAW and Smackdown contacts for Batista and grabbed the glass cabinet protecting it. He brought the glass cabinet into the ring and entered the ring. Flair opened up both chairs and put them down facing each other. Flair then helped Triple H place the glass cabinet onto both chairs leaving it elevated a foot above the ring. Triple H pointed at Orton who was still knocked down from the Pedigree and was shaking. JR commented that he may be having another concussion. Flair dragged Orton to his knees and stuffed him under Triple H’s legs. Triple H turned to face the glass cabinet and did the cut throat taunt. The crowd started up a huge “BATISTA” chant as Triple H was about to put Orton through the glass cabinet.

Just then Batista’s theme music hit and out came Batista. The Animal ran down the ramp and slid into the ring. Flair went to face him and Batista just stared at him. Flair offered him a handshake as Triple H looked on in the background. Batista smiled at Flair and took the handshake to a loud jeer. However that smile turned to a look of anger as Batista pulled Flair towards him and dropped him with a huge clothesline. The crowd popped huge for that as Triple H looked like he had seen a ghost. He threw Randy aside and ran at Batista only to be taken down with a Spinebuster. The crowd went wild as Batista played to the crowd. A huge “Batista” chant was heard as he lifted Triple H into the air and slammed him through the glass cabinet with a Batista Bomb! The crowd chanted “Holy Shit” as Batista exited the ring and grabbed a mic and both contracts before entering the ring. He looked at both contracts before holding them into the air one at a time asking for the crowd’s opinion. The crowd cheered for the RAW contract and jeered for the Smackdown contract. Batista threw the Smackdown contract to the outside and signed the RAW contract. He threw the RAW contract onto the lifeless body of Triple H as he grabbed the mic.

Batista: At Wrestlemania 21… I’m going to be taking the World Heavyweight Title… FROM YOU!

Guest Red Devil

PWinsider Weekly Lariat

Hello and welcome to another edition of the Weekly Lariat. This week we’re going to be doing something different. Due to popular demand I’ll be updating you all on the recent happenings outside the WWE. Anyway enough about that and lets get to it.

First up is the return of Brock Lesnar. That’s been the biggest news of the week and the WWE hid it quite well. Reportedly Brock Lesnar penned the contract just hours before No Way Out. He has signed a two year deal with the WWE so unless he has another dream to pursue, Brock is here for the long run. Two other oldies who have penned contracts with the WWE this week are Stone Cold” Steve Austin and Mick Foley. Austin has signed up for a new movie deal. He is also expected to venture onto RAW television but it’s likely to be a one off appearance or a small run. Mick Foley has extended his PPA contract with the WWE and his current interaction with Edge seems to be the start of a longer program. WWE wrestler Rosey has also signed a one year contract.

Moving onto staff members. Arn Anderson and Gerald Briscoe have both signed new contracts with the WWE. One man who hasn’t signed a contract is Paul Heyman. It seems ever so likely that the ECW PPV is going to be replaced by another PPV. Maybe even the King of the Ring. WWE are still likely to cash in on ECW by releasing a few more DVD’s.

The WWE have signed young wrestler Brandon Thomaselli to a development deal. WWE have recently opened up a new development territory and are expected to focus that on cruiserweights. ROH wrestlers Austin Aries and Jack Evans as well as freelancer Sonjay Dutt have all been invited to partake in a few dark matches for the WWE. If they impress they are expected to be sign for the new development camp. Dutt had been working for TNA in past months but decided not to renew his contract there.

Moving onto the new Ratings Report section here. Apologies for not getting the No Way Out buy rate out earlier but we had some problems getting it. Anyway it got 169,578 buys (0.39 buyrate) For a Smackdown only PPV that is a good buy rate for the current climate. Moving onto TV ratings. WWE RAW drew 799,205 viewers while WWE Smackdown! drew 830,807 viewers. Smackdown is available to more viewers so they are expected to attract more viewers. It looks like a load of camera tricks will do wonders for you as the Brock Lesnar throwing Big Show off a scaffolding got the highest rating of the week. We will bring you a weekly update on these figures complete with increase/decrease in numbers.

Daniel Puder has been sent down to OVW after his match with Hardcore Holly at No Way Out. He knows he has a lot to learn and is expected to stay there until Wrestlemania 21. After that WWE will judge his progress and take it from there. Carlito Caribbean Cool is another Smackdown superstar who has taken a trip down to OVW this week. He has just been medically cleared to wrestle but WWE want him 100% fit and sent him down to OVW for a week’s training. He came out of that unscathed so he is expected to work a few dark matches before returning to the ring. Odds are he will return to in ring action after Wrestlemania 21. He is still expected you appear on the big show in some role.

As mentioned on RAW Christy Hemme has been offered a deal to appear in next months Playboy magazine. However what was not mentioned on RAW was that another RAW diva had been offered the chance to appear with Christy. Like last year, Playboy want two WWE diva’s to appear in the magazine next month and alongside Christy they offered a deal to Trish Stratus. Trish has been vocal about not appearing in Playboy and turned it down instantly. Playboy and WWE have come to a deal to have another RAW diva to appear alongside Christy which leaves only Molly or Victoria. It looks like Victoria may get the call ahead of Molly. More on this next week!

Also with the new development territory opening up to focus on the cruiserweight division WWE is looking to recruit several new cruiserweights. One name WWE management are very high on is AJ Styles. He still has a few months left on his TNA contract but on recent radio shows he has been receptive to the idea of joining the WWE so expect a battle to get AJ in a few months time. The WWE feel that there is a lot of money to be made with cruiserweight wrestling so expect them to push that strongly after Wrestlemania 21.

Both WWE Heavyweight Champion JBL and Royal Rumble Winner Batista appeared on talk shows this week. Both men were there to promote Wrestlemania 21.

- John Layfield appeared on The Tonight Show on Monday 21st February. Overall the appearance went down well.

-Dave Bautista appeared on Today Show on Wednesday 23rd February. He put Linda McMahon over heavily. Overall the appearance went down well.

Okay...I writing about No Way Out...so you can get some feedback on the PPV like you requested.

1. Seeing Paul London win this is good, That was a well written Cruiserweight match.

2. I like how Hardcore is playing the knowledge-able veteran. I can see these two breaking off as a team and feuding after Haas turning on him.

3. Basicly a squash match...I liked how you wrote Puder's inexperince in the ring.

4. Your really putting this No Way Out off like the real one went down. Which is a good and a bad thing together.

5. Another sqaush..I'm a bit disapointed Eddie isn't doing more right now.

6. I dunno about this segment...I think having London talk may have been better...as Kidman isn't the biggest on talk he lets his in ring action do the talking.

7. Reasoning for the segment before is shown...but still I don't like what your doing with that feud.

8. Another step in the way of the real life WWE

9. I see the Kane/Snistky/Hendireich and Taker match happening at Wrestlemania...I'm a bit excited for this.

10. Was a decent Angle promo...had the key angle things like him talking about his medals...etc. but was missing something that just made it seem like Angle.

11. meh.

12. I can see what your doing with Eddie but IMO I would have had the real life paring of Eddie & Rey tagging and have Booker be in Eddie's position.

13. Not a fan of the Cena promos...your going over-board on the White-Rapper stuff.

14. Good job with this...takes Cena to the next level and up's the Angle/HBK fued.

15. meh...angle

16. I don't know what to say...IMO waaay to many run in's. Lesnar coming in was a bit un-expected to me. I'm intrested to see what you do with Lesnar from here....I think him betraying JBL and taking him out then getting the belt would be great!

Overall - The show was good...but it was basicly the same show as what the WWE. That isn't a total bad thing though...since your trying to be real...and I'm sure you'll start to differ by Wrestlemania and farther.

My advice is to try and get the promo's down since you have the matches down pat.

Just work on promo's and trying to differ from the real life 'E' a bit each month.

Guest Red Devil

user posted image

Date: 28th February 2005

Venue: Minnesota

We kick off tonight’s edition of Monday Night RAW with a video recap of last week’s contract signing. We see brief highlights of the World Heavyweight Title match before moving onto Batista saving Randy Orton from Flair and Triple H. We then see Batista put Triple H through a glass cabinet and sign the contract to face Triple H for the World Heavyweight Title at Wrestlemania 21. We end the opening video package with a shot of Batista holding the World Heavyweight Title over the lifeless body of Triple H. We cut to the arena where pyro’s go off to signal the opening of RAW. The camera pans around the arena before returning to the ring where Steven Richards is standing.

1. Stevie Richards v Val Venis or is it?

Hello Ladies” hits and out walks Val Venis to little reaction. He does get a small cheer from the ladies in attendance though. Suddenly from behind we see a steel chair wrap around the back of Val’s head. Venis falls to the ground as we see “The Game” Triple H holding a steel chair. He hits Val with the chair a few more times before continuing to walk down the ramp. Steven Richards looks scared as Triple H enters the ring holding the char. He stares a whole through Richards. Steven decides to attack Triple H but is hit with the chair to the mid section before a shot to the back knocking him off his feet. Triple H drops the chair and lifts Richards back to his feet. He hits Richards with the pedigree onto the steel chair before getting back to his feet. He looks up at the top of the ramp and sees medics attending to Venis. He then stares at Richards who is out cold. JR comments that Triple H has totally lost it. King replies by asking him “Wouldn’t you?” referring to what happened last week on RAW. Triple H snatches the mic away from Lillian Garcia and begins to talk.

Triple H: BATISTA! BATISTA! You made the biggest mistake of your life last week. I am a 10 time World Heavyweight Champion and you think you can treat me like that? You think you can Batista Bomb me through a glass cabinet without suffering any consequences? You’re wrong about that Dave. You see once you mess with Triple H one way or another you’re gonna get your comeuppance. Damn it I’ve still got pieces of glass stuck in my back from last week but do you know what? I’m happy about that. I’m happy that I can feel the pain every single second of the day. I’m happy because that just gives me more of a reason to get my revenge. Look what happened to Randy Orton, he turned his back on Evolution and he’s sitting at home with his second concussion suffered at the hands of me. Randy was a traitor and so are you. I thought you were better then that. I thought you were smarter then that. I had high hopes for you Dave. I wanted you to be the next in line to lead Evolution to new heights but you just couldn’t wait could ya? What you did to me last week is nothing compared to what I have in store for you. Batista, I know you’re watching this so look closely into my eyes.

Triple H steps forward as the camera focuses in on Triple H’s face. The crowd start up a chant for “Batista” which angers Triple H. He waits for it to die down before continuing.

Triple H: You may have earned the respect of these idiots but when I’m through with you, you’ll have nothing. The cars will be gone, the money will be gone, the girls will be gone and there is no chance in hell that you’ll be getting your hands on the World Heavyweight Championship. As matter of fact, what I’ve got planned for you is so bad that you won’t even make it to Wrestlemania. You know why I can do that? It’s because I am the game and I am that… damn… good!

Triple H drops the mic as “Time to play the game” hits. He stares into the camera as we cut to a commercial break.

Overall Rating: 100.00% :o

2. Rock, Paper or Scissors?

We cut to the back where Christian, Maven, William Regal and Tyson Tomko are talking.

Christian: Last week was brilliant. In front of all my peeps we embarrassed Chris Jericho and tonight we’re going to do it again. I don’t care who his partner is but once you two win the Tag Titles. We’re gonna be a helluva lot more appreciated.

Maven: That’s right. Maybe then Eric Bischoff will sit up and take notice of the fastest rising faction in sports entertainment!

They all nod in agreement. After a few seconds Tyson breaks the silence.

Tyson: But… what are we called?

Christian, Maven and Regal all look at Tomko, They all talk at the exact same time.

Christian: The Christian Coalition

Maven: Maven’s Men

Regal: Regal’s Gentleman club

All three men look at each other and argue for their own choice.

Christian: STOP!

Maven and Regal stop bickering and face Christian.

Christian: I know a way we can solve this. Let’s play rock, paper or scissors.

Maven looks receptive to the idea as Regal dismisses it as a child’s game.

Christian: Come on. Winner gets to choose the name.

All three men bowl their hands into a fist as Tomko counts to three. Regal and Maven both go for rock as Christian goes for Paper.

Christian: YES!

Christian does a little dance which gets a laugh from both the live audience and Tomko. Christian stares at Tomko who stops laughing.

Christian: It’s sorted then. We are the Christian Coalition!

Christian looks up with a smile on his face. Regal and Maven shake their head as we cut back to ringside.

Overall Rating: 81.5%

3. Molly Holly v Victoria

We cut back to ringside where JR and King go over what’s happened so far on RAW. They tell us that Batista is scheduled to be here later tonight. JR comments that the Christian Coalition may be having some trouble bonding. King tells him they’re just having some fun which the peeps enjoy so everyone’s happy. Molly Holly makes here way down to ringside first to a small set of jeers. Out next is Victoria who gets a considerably loud pop but it withers away as she enters the ring. This match is a typical Womens match dominated by Molly. Victoria does fight back though hitting Molly with a few forearms before ducking a clothesline and taking Molly down with the Widows Peak. Before she can make the cover Trish Stratus runs down to ringside and slides into the ring. She walks up behind Victoria and takes her down with the Chick Kick to the back of her head. The referee rings the bell as Molly gets back to her feet.

JR comments that it looks like Trish took Victoria’s words last week literally. They tell us that Christy Hemme isn’t here tonight because she has a meeting with Playboy. Trish puts the boots to Victoria as Molly joins in. Trish orders Molly to lift Victoria to her feet. Trish walks over to Victoria and jaws with her before slapping her across the face. She then hits her with the Womens Title to the face knocking her to the mat. Trish and Molly lock fingers and raise each others arms into the air over the fallen Victoria.

Winner: Victoria VIA DQ at 6:11

Match Rating: 59.7%

4. The Coach with Shawn Michaels

We cut to the interview area where Jonathon Coachman is standing by with Shawn Michaels. Unlike recent weeks Shawn Michaels is smiling and looks like he is riveting with energy.

Coach: Last week you challenged Smackdown wrestler Kurt Angle to a match at Wrestlemania 21. On Smackdown he told us that he will be coming right here on RAW tonight to give you his answer, face to face.

HBK: You know what Coach. Tonight I’m excited about two things. Firstly I get to put an end to my feud with Edge tonight when I meet him in singles competition. Secondly I get to see Kurt Angle step onto my turf, face to face, mono e mono. The matter of the fact is that the Heartbreak Kid Shawn Michaels is a legend in this business, I’ve worked all my life to make this business a success. I’ve shed blood, sweat and tears inside that ring and I feel as good as ever. On the other hand Kurt Angle is a rookie in this business compared to me. He may have achieved a lot in a very short time but he’ll never be as good as me and he knows it. That’s what hurts him deep down so tonight, when he comes face to face with me I’m not going to attack him. I’m going to offer him a handshake because that’s the kinda guy I am. We’re even and the only reason I want the match at Wrestlemania 21 is to prove to the world who really is the greatest.

Coach: On Smackdown he called you a “coward”

HBK: Let me stop you there Coach. I don’t care what he said because when it’s all said and done. When all the dust has cleared all that matters is what happens inside the ring not outside. I’m going to be waiting inside my locker room for Kurt so Kurt if you can hear me. When you enter the arena look for the door that is marked “HBK” and you’ll find me.

HBK smiles before walking away.

Coach: Cocky words from the Heartbreak Kid. We’ve got to go to a commercial break but don’t go anywhere because we’ll be right back with more action!

Overall Rating: 96.8%

-- Commercial Break --

5. Chris Masters w/ Simon Dean v The Hurricane

We are shown a very brief video of last week’s debut of “The Masterpiece” Chris Masters. We see him defeat Rosey and then see Dean enter the ring to attack Rosey. We cut back to ringside where Simon Dean and Chris Masters make their entrance. Masters enters the ring and poses to the crowd which gets a small jeer. Dean grabs hold of a microphone but before he can speak “Eye of the Hurricane” blasts through the PA and out walks the Hurricane. Dean exits the ring with his gym bag as Hurricane slides into the ring. Masters and Hurricane lock up to get this match underway. JR and King hype up the arrival of Kurt Angle tonight and tell us there is a camera waiting in the parking lot so as soon as he arrives we’ll bring it to you. This match is relatively short with Master getting most of the offence but Hurricane playing the plucky underdog role perfectly. The match comes to an end when Hurricane hits Masters with the Shining Wizard but Dean gets onto the apron to distract the referee. Hurricane turns around and nails Dean with a hard right hand but walks straight into a running powerslam from Masters. The Masterpiece makes the pin and gets the win. After the match Dean and Masters attack Hurricane but before they can do too much damage Rosey runs down to ringside to make the save. Both Dean and Masters hightail it out of the ring and up the ramp. They celebrate their attack as Rosey tends to The Hurricane.

Winner: Chris Masters with a Running Powerslam at 5:43

Match Rating: 60.2%

6. Edge calls out Foley!

We cut to the back where the Coach is speaking to the other half of tonight’s main event, Edge.

Coach: Last week you attacked Hardcore Legend Mick Foley. Why?

Edge: Weren’t you listening to me last week? NO ONE EVER LISTENS TO ME!

Edge takes a step back and takes a few deep breaths before continuing.

Edge: I am not going to get angry. All I’ve come here to say is that after I’m done decimating Shawn Michaels tonight, next week on RAW we will be in Long Island. That’s in your backyard Foley. I’ve tried different ways to get noticed but EVERY TIME I GET OVERLOOKED!

Once again Edge takes a step back and a few more deep breaths. He mutters under his breath “Calm down, just calm down” before continuing.

Edge: Next week. I’m going to go to that very ring and call out their hometown hero Mick Foley. If you’ve got the bottle Mick. Come get your revenge!

Edge walks away as Coach looks visibly shocked.

Overall Rating: 79.0%

7. Snitsky has a request

We go to RAW GM Eric Bischoff’s office. Eric Bischoff is sitting in his swivel chair with his feet on the desk. A knock is heard and Gene Snitsky enters the room. Bischoff quickly springs to his feet nearly tripping over in the process.

Eric: What can I do for you?

Gene: Last week on RAW Kane had a request. You granted him that request. Now I think you should grant me my request. It’s only fair.

Eric: What is your request and for your information, I did not grant Kane that request. I made that match to give the fans what they want not Kane.

Gene: Let’s put it this way. If you don’t grant me my request then IT WON’T BE MY FAULT what happens to you.

Eric: I never said I wouldn’t grant you your request. Let’s talk about this.

Eric smiles and offers Snitsky a seat as we go to a commercial break.

Overall Rating: 64.8%

-- Commercial Break --

8. Shelton Benjamin v Muhammad Hassan w/ Khosrow Daivari - Non Title match

We return from the commercial break and cut straight to the announce table. JR tells us that the following match is a non title match but it does have huge ramifications. If Hassan wins he gets a WWE Intercontinental Title shot. JR is interrupted when Hassan’s music hits and out walks both Muhammad Hassan and Khosrow Daivari. They are greeted with a chorus of boos as they walk down the ramp. A huge “USA” chant starts up which angers Hassan and Daivari. They enter the ring and pose which provokes an even louder reaction. “Ain’t no stopping me now” hits and out walks WWE Intercontinental Champion Shelton Benjamin. He walks down the ramp to a nice pop and enters the ring. He hands over the WWE IC Title to referee Mike Chioda. The bell rings to get this match underway. Both men circle the ring but before they can lock up Khosrow Daivari jumps onto the apron. Benjamin turns to face him and knocks him off the apron with a right hand which gets a loud pop. Benjamin turns around straight into a running clothesline from Hassan. Hassan plays to the crowd which provokes another “USA” chant.

JR tells us once again that the WWE do not condone the views of Hassan and Daivari. King tells us that those views are not views of all Arab-Americans, just idiots like Hassan and Daivari. Hassan continues his assault on Benjamin by putting the boots to him before lifting him to his feet and taking him back down with a snap suplex. We can hear Daivari shouting instructions in Pushti to Hassan as Benjamin continues to take a beating. Hassan hits Benjamin with a couple of elbow drops before lifting him to his feet and throwing him into the corner. Hassan walks into the opposite corner before running at Benjamin but before he can hit him, Benjamin gets his boot up and kicks Hassan in the face. Benjamin nails Hassan with a couple of rights before throwing him into the corner. Benjamin runs into the opposite corner before running at Hassan and hitting him with the Stinger Splash. Benjamin whips Hassan into the far corner and hits him once again with the Stinger Splash. A groggy Hassan stumbles out of the corner straight into a T-Bone Suplex. Benjamin makes the cover, 1…..2….., Daivari puts Hassan’s boot onto the bottom rope to break up the count. Benjamin sees this and pulls Daivari onto the apron. What Benjamin doesn’t see is that Daivari tossed the IC Title to Hassan.

Benjamin drags Daivari into the ring and hits him with the T-Bone Suplex to a loud pop. Benjamin plays to the crowd as the referee checks on Daivari. As this is going on Hassan gets back to his feet holding the WWE IC Title. Benjamin turns around and Hassan runs at him. Shelton ducks and kicks Hassan in the mid section sending the IC Title to the mat. Benjamin picks up the gold and holds it into the air which gets a loud cheer. Benjamin pulls back and nails Hassan with the IC Title. At that moment referee Mike Chioda turns around to see Benjamin use the IC Title to take out Hassan. Chioda called for the bell as the crowd jeer. Hassan and Daivari quickly exited the ring as Lillian Garcia announced the winner of the match as Muhammad Hassan VIA Disqualification. The crowd jeered as Benjamin tried to explain to Chioda that Hassan tried to use the IC Title first. JR tells us that because of this victory Muhammad Hassan will be able to choose when he gets his WWE Intercontinental Title shot.

Winner: Muhammad Hassan VIA DQ at 13:27

Match Rating: 75.2%

9. Stacy thanks “The Animal

We cut to the back where “The Animal” Batista is walking. The crowd let out a huge cheer as they see him walking down a corridor. He is wearing his normal black suit with some black sunglasses. He walks past Stacy Keibler who stops him.

Stacy: Dave, I just wanted to thank you for what you did last week. If you didn’t stop Triple H, Randy Orton’s career may have been over.

Batista: No problem Stacy. How is Randy anyway?

Stacy: He’s suffered another concussion but he’ll be okay.

Batista: I’d love to stay and chat but I’m on my way out there to send a message to Triple H.

The crowd let out another cheer as they hear this. Stacy smiles at Batista before walking away. Batista continues to walk down the corridor as JR tells us that Batista is going to talk to us right after this commercial break so don’t go away!

Overall Rating: 78.9%

-- Commercial Break --

10. The Animal is unleashed!

We return from the commercial break and hear Batista’s theme music blast out of the PA. The crowd get to their feet and let out a huge cheer as “The Animal” Batista walks out. A load “Batista” chant is echoed throughout the arena as Batista walks down the ramp and enters the ring. He poses inside the ring before grabbing a mic.

Batista: What a week it’s been! Since last Monday I’ve had people ask me why I signed the contract to face Triple H for the World Heavyweight Title at Wrestlemania 21. Triple H, I know you’re in the back listening to this so this is for you. Since I came to the WWE both Triple H and Ric Flair took a shine to me. They knew I had potential and for 2 years I helped Evolution become the leading faction in sports entertainment but one thing always hurt me. I was always the fall guy. I was the first line of defence and I was the one putting my body on the line for Evolution. When it was all over. When I had decimated everyone in our path who took all the credit? Triple H did. At the Royal Rumble it hit me, why should I keep helping Triple H stay at the top of the hill when I could take him down and replace him as the World Heavyweight Champion? That’s why after eliminating 29 other superstars I stood in the middle of the ring and made a decision. From the moment I won the Royal Rumble I knew exactly who I was going to face at Wrestlemania. It was always you Triple H.

Time to play the game” blasted through the PA and out walked Triple H and “Nature Boy” Ric Flair. They stood at top of the ramp as Triple H held a mic.

Triple H: You think you’re the reason I’m the World Heavyweight Champion? You’re wrong about that Dave. I am the Game, I am that damn good. That’s why I am the World Heavyweight Champion and that’s why I am better then you. You should be thanking me for what me and Naitch did for you.

Batista: You’re right about one thing Triple H. I should be thanking you. I should be thanking you for UNLEASHING THE ANIMAL!

The let out a loud cheer as the smile on Batista’s face turned into a cold blooded stare.

Batista: Now why don’t you stop talking and start walking.

Batista drops the mic and calls Triple H to the ring. He takes off his suit jacket and his tie as Triple H smiles.

Triple H: I could do that… but… but that would be too damn easy. I’m going to make you pay for what you did to me. You thought winning the Royal Rumble was hard? It’s going to be impossible for you to get to Wrestlemania 21 because as of this second, you’ve got a bounty on your head.

The crowd go silent as Batista listens intently.

Triple H: The person who takes you out before Wrestlemania 21 will get something that is more important then money. They will get your place in Evolution. That’s right, they’ll get your lifestyle, the cars, the fame and the women. They don’t even have to be a WWE RAW employee. If you see Dave on the street. Take him out and you will become the newest member of Evolution. Now we’ll see how good you really are.

Triple H drops the mic and smiles at Batista. Both men jaw at each other as JR puts over the bounty on Batista’s head. King agrees with Triple H, It’ll be impossible for Batista to get to Wrestlemania 21 in one piece! We see a shot of both Batista and Triple H jawing to each other before cutting to a “Don’t try this at home” video.

Overall Rating: 84.0%

11. La Resistance =0= v Christian Coalition w/ Christian & Tyson Tomko v Jericho & ???

World Tag Team Titles

We cut back to ringside where World Tag Team Champions La Resistance make their entrance first. They get jeered as they enter the ring holding the Quebec flag. Out next is the Christian Coalition accompanied to the ring by “Captain Charisma” Christian and the “Problem Solver” Tyson Tomko. They all enter the ring to a loud “Christian sucks” chant. “Break the walls down” blasts through the PA as out walks Chris Jericho. He walks down the ramp and stands outside the ring. His partner is none other then the “Rabid Wolverine” Chris Benoit. Benoit walks down the ramp and joins Jericho on the outside. Both men slide into the ring as La Resistance and the Christian Coalition exit the ring. Both men pose on the top rope as La Resistance and the Christian Coalition talk to each other. They shake hands as JR tells us that it seems like they’re going to go after Benoit and Jericho. Benoit and Jericho see this and run off the far ropes and take out all 6 men on the outside with a synchronised suicide dive to the outside! The crowd pop loud for the move as Benoit and Jericho re-enter the ring. JR and King tell us about the brief history of the Christian Coalition and their feud with Chris Jericho. The 4 legal men enter the ring and referee Earl Hebner regains order leaving Jericho in the ring with Rob Conway.

The Christian Coalition, Chris Benoit and Sylvain Grenier are all on the apron as Conway and Jericho duke it out in the middle of the ring. Jericho quickly gets the advantage hitting Sylvain with a facebuster. He calls for the Lionsault and runs off the far ropes but instead of hitting the Lionsault he catapults himself off the middle rope and dropkicks Conway to the floor on the outside. He tags in Benoit who climbs to the top rope and hits Greiner with the diving headbutt. Benoit makes the cover but both Maven and Regal enter the ring and break up the pinfall. JR tells us that this match is under a one fall rule with the first team to get the pin winning the match and the World Tag Team Titles. La Resistance and the Christian Coalition take turns in beating on Jericho and Benoit after Tyson Tomko distracted Benoit allowing Maven to hit him with the Lungblower. The next ten minutes are filled with Benoit mostly taking a beating. He is even hit with the Au Revior from La Resistance but manages to kick out before the three count.

The match comes to an end with Benoit making the hot tag to Jericho. Like a House o’ Fire Jericho enters the ring and nails both Regal and Maven with hard rights. He then hits consecutive dropkicks on both Greiner and Conway sending both men to the outside. As Conway and Greiner get to their feet Jericho runs off the far ropes and goes for a baseball slide but La Resistance move out of the way. They then grab hold of Jericho and throw him into the barricade. As this is going on, Maven and Regal are attacking Benoit inside the ring. Benoit fights back with knifechops before grabbing both Maven and Regal and hitting them with a double German Suplex. As the referee tries to get control of the match on the outside Tomko climbs onto the apron. Benoit walks over and nails him with a forearm to the face. Maven crawls behind Benoit and attempts to roll him up but Benoit grabs hold of the top rope. Christian jumps onto the apron and hits Benoit with one of the World Tag Team Title belts. Benoit falls to the mat clutching his face as Maven makes the pin. Earl Hebner enters the ring and makes the count, 1…2….3, The Christian Coalition are our NEW World Tag Team Champions! Maven and Regal quickly exit the ring as Christian grabs the World Tag Team Titles. All four members of the Christian Coalition make a quick exit as they walk up the ramp and pose with the Titles before leaving to the back. Jericho checks on Benoit as La Resistance hold their heads in their hands.

Winners: Christian Coalition at 15:58 with a roll up

Match Rating: 77.4%

12. Hall of Fame class of 2005 Inductee is…

We cut to the announce table where JR puts over the Title switch we just saw. King tells us that the issue between the Christian Coalition and Chris Jericho is far from over! They then tell us that tonight we will announce another inductee into the Hall of Fame class of 2005! We cut to the same video shown last week recapping the current members of the Hall of Fame class of 2005.

THE IRON SHEIK

The Iron Sheik became WWE Champion the day after Christmas in 1983 when he defeated Bob Backlund at Madison Square Garden. The victory was a controversial one as Backlund's manager Arnold Skaaland threw in the towel, as Backlund refused to submit.

NIKOLAI VOLKOFF

Nikolai Volkoff has certainly stood the test of time. Although Volkoff is probably best known as the evil Russian who teamed up with The Iron Sheik to become a World Tag Team Champion, he actually had his first match in 1968 against Bruno Sammartino.

Edited by Diego

Guest Red Devil

user posted image

Date: 1st March 2005 (to be aired 3rd March 2005)

Venue: San Antonio, Texas

We begin this telecast as always with a video recap of what went down last week. We are shown the clip of Brock Lesnar explaining his actions followed by a brawl breaking out between Brock and The Big Show. We move through the show touching on the Eddie Guerrero/Booker T and John Cena/JBL feuds, which highlight that tonight we will see John Cena defend his WWE US Title against Eddie Guerrero, Booker T and Orlando Jordon in a fatal four way match. We then return to the brawling between Brock and Show. We see them brawl up onto a scaffolding before seeing Brock throw Big Show 25 feet down onto hard concrete floor. We end the video with a shot of the lifeless body of The Big Show with blood gushing from the back of his head.

1. Theodore Long reprimands Heidenreich

We cut to the arena and go straight to ringside, The usual Smackdown theme music isn’t playing nor are the pyro’s going off. We hear Smackdown GM Theodore Long’s music hit and out he walks. Long is clearly limping down the entrance way and struggles to enter the ring. Cole and Tazz remind us that last week on Smackdown Heidenreich attacked Theodore Long. Long has a mic in his hand.

Long: Now listen up playas. Last week Heidenreich committed a cardinal sin under my leadership as Smackdown GM. He physically assaulted me and for that I have suspended him from tonight’s show without pay.

Before Long can continue, Carlito Caribbean Cool shows up on the titentron.

CCC: Theodore…R….Long. Suspending more wrestlers. That’s cool with me…. I’m sure the WWE Board of directors will like to hear about this incident... Anyway, since you suspended me from the building until further notice, I’ve got a present for you.

Carlito walks over to a table and picks up a brown envelope. On the table there is also a fruit bowl filled with apples.

CCC: This right here is my ticket to get you out of Smackdown and me back on Smackdown… I have got the verdict of the WWE Board of Directors about my petition right here in this envelope. I could open it now but… I wanna be right there… Live and in person to see your reaction and say goodbye to you. So next week on Smackdown, due to permission from the Board of Directors I will be coming down to Smackdown and revealing the results of my petition, in that very ring.

Carlito picks an apple out of the fruit bowl. He rubs it on his shirt as he speaks.

CCC: Now that’s cool.

Carlito smiles and takes a bite of the apple before we fade to black. We cut back to the ring where Theodore Long looks slightly worried.

Long: …Anyway. Like I was saying before I was rudely interrupted. As a punishment to Heidenreich for what he did to me I have suspended him without pay for tonight’s show. However next week Heidenreich will suffer an even bigger punishment. One other man is returning to action next week. As you all saw last week The Big Show took a big fall and is at home recuperating. Next week we will see Heidenreich take on The Big Show in Heidenreich’s favourite match… a casket match!

Long laughs as the crowd let out a cheer. Cole reminds us that Heidenreich is afraid of caskets. That cheer instantly turns to jeers as “Here comes the Pain” hits and out walks Brock Lesnar. Brock is wearing his wrestling attire with an “F-5” T-Shirt. Lesnar walks down the entrance way totally ignoring the fans and enters the ring. He grabs a mic and stands opposite Long.

Brock: Did I just hear you mention the Big Show? *Long nods his head* Well if I remember correctly I was the one who gave him the *Lesnar does the invisible speech marks* “Big Fall” I can safely say that the Big Show will never be the same again. You see everyone kept referring to me as the next big thing. Well that’s not true because I AM the biggest thing in the WWE today. Now I came back to the WWE for the money so what better way to earn money then to have a match at the biggest show of them all. If I’m going to have a match at the biggest show of them all then why don’t I take on the biggest man of them all. You get what I’m saying?

Long: I hear ya playa...Loud and clear but I’m not sure I can make that happen. Big Show is in a pretty bad condition so I’ll have to evaluate this next week when I see him. Then I’ll make a decision.

Brock: You’ll make a decision IF you’re still there. Let me just tell you something Theodore. If I don’t get my match with the Big Show, then maybe I should finish of what Heidenreich started.

Brock takes a step forward and stares at Long. Long takes a step back before exiting the ring as Brock smiles. Brock takes off his shirt as it looks like he’s going to have his first match since returning to the WWE.

Overall Rating: 74.7%

2. Brock Lesnar v Funaki

Some Oriental music plays and out walks former WWE Cruiserweight Champion Funaki. Cole tells us that Funaki requested to be in this match as he wanted to prove that him winning the Cruiserweight Title wasn’t a fluke. Tazz mentions that he may have picked the wrong guy to go up against and also notes that Fuanki’s recently injured ribs could be his downfall. He enters the ring and Brock goes straight to work on him. Brock throws him into the corner before hitting him with hard rights to the face before moving down to the mid section. Lesnar then lifts Funaki into a fireman’s carry before dropping him onto his own knees… ribs first! Fuanki rolls around the ring in agony as Brock plays to the crowd. The rest of this match is a formality as after minute of beating on him, Brock lifts Funaki up and hits him with the F-5, which gets a nice pop, and makes the cover to get the win. After the match Brock plays to the crowd celebrating a rather easy victory as we go to a commercial break.

Winner: Brock Lesnar with the F-5 at 2:11

Match Rating: 81.6%

-- Commercial Break --

3. Wrestlemania 21!

We return from the break to see the spoof video for “A Few Good Men” starring John Cena and John Bradshaw Layfield. We then cut to a small video package hyping the Smackdown side of Wrestlemania 21. It also hypes the cross brand matches.

user posted image

Wrestlemania 21 Card (Smackdown Side)

John Bradshaw Layfield v John Cena - WWE Heavyweight Title

Billy Kidman v Paul London - WWE Cruiserweight Title

Brothers of Destruction v Gene Snitsky & Heidenreich

Shawn Michaels v Kurt Angle

Guest Red Devil

PWinsider Weekly Lariat

Hello and welcome to another edition of the Weekly Lariat. This week we’re back to normal and continuing to update you on the Road to Wrestlemania.

First on the agenda is contract news. Paul Heyman has finally responded to the WWE’s final contract offer and has rejected it. This seems like the end of the WWE/Heyman partnership and could spell trouble for the unannounced upcoming ECW PPV. More on that next week. Two other high profile on screen workers for WWE have rejected contracts this week. Both RAW GM and Smackdown GM, Eric Bischoff and Theodore Long respectively have turned down initial contracts. Reasoning behind these rejections are as follows. Eric wants to step out of the wrestling business so it is almost certain that he will leave the WWE when his contract expires. Theodore Long has demanded more money which is a stumbling block for the WWE. Long isn’t getting the big bucks with his current deal and wants a lot more then the WWE are prepared to give him. More on this situation in the upcoming weeks. One promising bit of news on the contract front. Backstage worker Bruce Pritchard has accepted a new deal and will continue to work for the WWE in his current role.

Now moving on to prospective new talent for the WWE. As reported over the past few weeks the WWE are in the market to bring in some new talent. Workers such as Christopher Daniels and Chris Sabin have been linked to the WWE in recent weeks. Sabin’s contract with TNA has finally run out and he has decided to leave TNA. This just adds more fire to the rumours that he is going to be signed to the WWE soon. Daniels on the other hand has re-signed with TNA so for the next year he will be staying where he is. This week on Velocity the Briscoe Brothers had try outs. They took on WWE Tag Team Champions the Basham Brothers and impressed WWE management. Jay Briscoe recently returned to ROH winning the ROH World Title so both men are looking to move up ranks. The only thing going against them is their look. WWE feel that they need to bulk up to be seen as legitimate wrestlers. Other workers who have been linked with a WWE tryout are Alex Shelley, Jay Lethal and Colt Cabana. These three men have had rave reviews from Ricky Steamboat so that is an important part of them getting this opportunity. All these “Indy Darlings” so to speak are pencilled in to have try outs closer to Wrestlemania so we’ll have more news on that when we get it.

Next on the agenda is some pretty big news. Last week on RAW WWE wanted Edge to defeat Shawn Michaels with the help of Kurt Angle. However HBK declined and used his creative control to get the decision reversed. Recently the locker room were warming to Michaels as he seemed to have a new attitude but with this act there has been some heat on him.

This bit of news is semi related to the WWE. Pro Wrestling NOAH have gone out of business. Financial reasons were cited as the company declared themselves bankrupt. There are rumours going around that WWE may bring in some workers from there but most are expected to join one of the other Japanese promotions.

Moving onto Wrestlemania 21 news. The Hall of Fame ceremony will once again be celebrated on the eve of Wrestlemania. Ticket information is available at WWE.com. Other then the announced match ups expect a few more titles to be on the line. The Intercontinental Championship is expected to be defended. As the build up in recent weeks suggest we may see Muhammad Hassan challenge for the Title on the big day. On the Smackdown front the WWE US Title has a new owner, Booker T. We were expecting to see Booker T take on Eddie Guerrero for the US Title at Wrestlemania but reports are suggesting that Rey Mysterio may be added into the mix. We may even see a fourth man enter the fray so keep a look out for that. The other title matches have not been decided yet. More focus has been on the singles titles so the Tag Titles may go undefended this year.

Now onto TV Ratings. WWE RAW drew 841,801 viewers. That’s up by 42,596 viewers from last week. RAW is heading in the right direction. WWE Smackdown! drew 835,035 viewers which is up by 4,228 viewers from last week. Unlike last week RAW beat Smackdown in the ratings war even though Smackdown gained viewers. We’ll have to wait and see if both brands can continue to gain viewers in the run up to Wrestlemania 21!

There were two TV appearances from WWE talent this week. Both on the Smackdown side. Both members of the Smackdown Wrestlemania Main Event were on advertising duty. They both plugged Wrestlemania 21 as well as Smackdown. Here is a brief report on the appearances.

John Layfield appeared on LIVE With Regis & Kelly on February 28th. Overall the appearance went down very well.

John Cena appeared on Best Damn Sports Show on March 2nd. He put Joe Higuchi over heavily. Overall the appearance went down very well.

Guest Red Devil

user posted image

Date: 7th March 2005

Venue: Long Island, N.Y

We kick of tonight’s episode of Monday Night RAW with the RAW Intro video playing before cutting to the arena. Pyro’s go off to signal the beginning of RAW. JR and King welcome us to the show.

1. The Modern Day Freebirds!

The announce team are interrupted when “Just Close Your Eyes” by “Waterproof Blonde” blasts through the PA. The Christian Coalition of William Regal, Maven, Tyson Tomko and their leader Christian walk out to ringside. Regal and Maven have the World Tag Team Titles draped over their shoulders as the crowd jeer. They enter the ring and Christian grabs the mic.

Christian: First of all, let me welcome all my peeps to Monday Night RAW! Last week on RAW the Christian Coalition beat not ONE… but TWO teams to win these Tag Titles. *He taps the World Tag Title draped over Maven’s shoulder* Now since we are the owners of these titles we get to chose when, where, who and how these titles are defended. Before the show I went by Bischoff’s office and got this cleared. If you want to take these Titles away from the Christian Coalition then you’ll have to risk facing any one of us. If William and Maven don’t feel like defending the Tag Titles me and Tyson will step in and defend it. Any combination of the Christian Coalition will do. We won the titles together and we’ll defend these titles together. We are the modern day Freebirds!

Christian smiles as the crowd jeer. He hands the mic over to Regal as he takes one of the World Tag Team Title belts off of him. Christian poses with the belt as Regal begins to speak.

Regal: That’s right Christian. I’m not sure you imbeciles understood what this fine man just told you so listen up.

The crowd jeer as Regal insults them. He tries to continue speaking but a loud “Regal sucks” chant drowns him out. “Break the Walls Down” hits and out walks Chris Jericho to a huge pop. Jericho looks pissed as he walks down the ramp. He stands outside the ring as the Christian Coalition are ready to fight inside the ring. Jericho has a mic in his hand.

Jericho: Over the past few weeks all you jackasses have been screwing with Y-2-J! Didn’t ya mamma ever tell ya that if you mess with the big boys your gonna get your ass handed to you?

The crowd start up a loud “Y2J” chant. Jericho soaks in the chant before continuing.

Jericho: You say that if someone wants to take those titles away from you then they’ll have to face you all? Well that someone is me and I’ve got no problems about taking all you on. What do we have here anyway? A 6 Foot 6 jackass whose got his head stuck so far up Christian’s ass that he doesn’t know if it’s day or night. A pee drinking Englishman. A bald failure whose done nothing in his career and the king of them all. The biggest jackass in this so called Coalition, none other then the C-L-B!

Jericho smiles as the Christian Coalition look pissed off. A huge “CLB” chants is echoed throughout the arena which angers Christian.

Jericho: Back to business. If I want to take those Titles away from you I’ll need to get myself a partner. Well it didn’t take me long to find one because I found someone who hates you just as much as I do. The man you screwed out of winning the Tag Titles last week, CHRIS BENOIT!

Benoit’s music blares out of the PA as Benoit runs down the ramp. JR notes that Christian illegally attacked Benoit with one of the World Tag Title belts last week resulting in Maven pinning him. Both Jericho and Benoit slide into the ring and open a can of whoop ass on the Christian Coalition. Benoit takes all four men down with hard clothesline. Jericho sends Tomko to the outside with a dropkick. Jericho nails Maven with hard rights in the corner as Benoit hits the trifecta of German Suplexes on Christian. Jericho throws Maven over the top rope and onto Tomko on the outside. Christian rolls to the outside to rejoin his fallen stablemates.

This leaves William Regal in the ring all alone with both Jericho and Benoit. King reminds us that recently Regal turned on Jericho. Regal swings a left hook at the direction of Jericho but he ducks and Benoit catches Regal. Benoit takes Regal down into the Crippler Crossface! Jericho walks over to Regal’s legs and locks in the Walls of Jericho. The crowd pop loud for the Crippler Crossface/Walls of Jericho combination. Both men quickly release the hold. Jericho lifts Regal up and throws him onto the other members of the Christian Coalition on the outside. As they get back to their feet Benoit runs off the far ropes and takes all four of them down with a huge suicide dive! The crowd start up a huge “Benoit” chant as JR tells us that we’ll sort all this madness out after the commercial break!

Overall Rating: 75.0%

-- Commercial Break --

2. Christian Coalition (Christian/Maven) v La Resistance

World Tag Team Title Match

We return from the break to see La Resistance standing in the ring. JR tells us that during the break Benoit and Jericho fought with both Tyson Tomko and William Regal all the way to the back. King tells us that La Resistance called upon their rematch clause tonight to try and regain the Tag Titles. Christian and Maven are defending the Tag Titles tonight. JR and King talk over the intensity of the Christian Coalition - Jericho/Benoit feud as this match goes on. As there are no faces in this match the crowd have no one to cheer for and are silent for most of it. La Resistance get an early beating on Maven as he is still recovering for the beating at the hands of Jericho/Benoit. Christian soon changes that as he hits a missile dropkick off the top rope taking down Rob Conway. Maven and Christian make frequent tags as they wear down their opponent as this match draws to a close. All four men are in the ring and the Christian Coalition get the advantage as they hit a double clothesline on Grenier sending him to the outside. Conway knocks Maven down with a clothesline but as the ref is distracted by Christian, Maven hits Conway with a low blow. Christian quickly takes Conway down with the Unprettier before making the pin to retain the World Tag Titles. The Christian Coalition don’t celebrate their victory as they quickly make their way to the back. JR asks if they are worried about what Jericho and Benoit have done to Tomko and Regal as we cut to the back.

Winners: Christian Coalition with the Unprettier at 9:55

Match Rating: 62.1%

3. Will Snitsky collect the Bounty?

We cut to the back where Evolution member’s “The Game” Triple H and “Nature Boy” Ric Flair are talking with Gene Snitsky.

Flair: That is pure genius!

Triple H: You’re right about that Naitch. That’ll sort both our problems out Gene. After Kane and Batista destroy each other in tonight’s main event that you helped make, Batista will be easy pickings for anyone wanting to pick up the bounty. That means Batista won’t make it to Wrestlemania 21 so this *Taps his World Heavyweight Title* stay’s right here.

Snitsky smiles as he breaths heavily.

Snitsky: After they destroy each other, I am personally going to go out there and finish off the job. The Bounty is all mine. What I do to those two will ALL… BE… MY FAULT!

Snitsky laughs as does Evolution. Both Flair and Triple H stop laughing as Snitsky continues and gets louder. Both Flair and Triple H look at each other before looking back to Snitsky. They look bemused at Snitsky as we cut to a commercial break.

Overall Rating: 89.6%

-- Commercial Break --

4. Edge calls out Mick Foley!

We return from the commercial break as “Metalingus” blasts through the PA. Edge makes his way out to a load of jeers. As soon as Edge walks down the ramp a huge “Foley” chant breaks out. JR mentions that tonight we are in “Foley-Town” Edge enters the ring holding a mic. He is wearing his long black coat with his wrestling attire.

Edge: Last week on RAW I gave you a message Mick. I told you that I would come right here to Long Island… Your backyard and call you out. I need to make a name for myself and just like so many other pathetic losers have, I’ll make it at the expense of you. The only thing that’s different from me and them is that I actually have talent. I have a future and if PEOPLE CAN STOP HOLDING ME DOWN!

Edge takes a step back and takes a few deep breaths before muttering to himself “Just calm down.” He continues.

Edge: It’s simple Foley, I know you’re out there somewhere and I know that what I did to you a couple of weeks ago in this very ring is eating away at you. Where are you Foley? Come on down. I’m standing right here and here’s your chance. Come and get your revenge Foley!

Edge drops the mic and takes off his long black coat. He waits a minute which is filled with a huge “Foley” chant from the crowd. Edge shakes his head as it doesn’t look like Foley’s coming out.

Overall Rating: 78.7%

5. Edge v Tajiri

Some eastern music hits and out walks Tajiri who gets a small jeer as the fans expected Foley. As Tajiri makes his way down to ringside King tells us that Edge v Tajiri is a scheduled match for tonight. They also speculate whether Foley is going to show up in his hometown. This match turns out to be a lot better then expected. A loud “We Want Foley” chant is heard throughout the match which gets Edge angry. Every time he hears the chant he tries to cover up his ears which makes the crowd chant louder. We see a beautiful spot when Edge tries to spear Tajiri into the corner but Tajiri uses the top rope to move out of the way and lock in the Tarantula which gets a loud pop! Edge dominates this match most of the way through only for Tajiri to fight back with his patented kicks. Tajiri even gets to hit him with the “Kick of Death” but somehow Edge kicks out. The match comes to an end when Tajiri spits green mist at Edge only for him to duck and run off the far ropes. Tajiri turns around straight into the SPEAR! A three count later and Edge picks up the win. Edge quickly exits the ring and brings a mic and a folded steel chair into the ring.

Edge: FOLEY…FOLEY! I know you’re back there somewhere. People like you stop talent like me from making it to the top. From making it to the World Heavyweight Title and like I told you two weeks ago, everyone who tries to stop me WILL GET TAKEN OUT!

Tajiri slowly gets to his feet but is knocked back down with a hard chair shot to the skull!

Edge: FOLEY! Until you get your overweight pathetic excuse for a body down here. He’s going to take a beating for you!

Edge drops the mic and nails Tajiri with a few chair shots. He then lifts him up and whips him into the corner. Tajiri stumbles out of the corner and straight into another SPEAR! This time the velocity of the SPEAR! sends Tajiri through the middle ropes and to the outside! Edge smiles at a fallen Tajiri on the outside before throwing the steel chair onto him. Suddenly a crash is heard and out walks Mick Foley to a huge ovation. He walks down to ringside and slides into the ring. Edge is waiting for him and puts the boots to him but Foley fights to his feet. Edge hits him with a few right hands but Foley fights back with rights of his own before kicking Edge in the mid section and taking him down with a double arm DDT! Foley poses for the crowd before grabbing socko out of his pants. Edge stumbles to his feet but sees socko in time. He drops to the mat and rolls out of the ring. He stumbles up the ramp as a loud “Foley” chant starts up. Foley checks on Tajiri on the outside before entering the ring with a mic.

Foley: You wanted me Edge? You got me! I’ve only got one thing left to say. Mrs. Foley’s little boy has come back home! BANG BANG!

The crowd pop as Foley’s music blares out of the PA. Foley poses for the crowd as Edge is on his knees at the top of the ramp. Before we cut to a commercial break we focus in on Edge who is pulling his hair out and jawing with Foley!

Winner: Edge with the Spear at 12:23

Match Rating: 81.9%

-- Commercial Break --

6. Wrestlemania 21!

We return from the break and go straight to a video package hyping Wrestlemania 21. We are first shown the “Taxi Driver” spoof video starring numerous WWE wrestlers. We are then shown all the relevant information to order Wrestlemania 21 before moving onto a run down of all the RAW brand and Co-Brand matches.

user posted image

Wrestlemania 21 Card (RAW and Co-Brand Matches)

Triple H v Batista - World Heavyweight Title

Shawn Michaels v Kurt Angle

Brothers of Destruction v Gene Snitsky & Heidenreich

Edited by TM

Great diary... first time I've read it and i love it...

Am i the only one that sees Randy Orton turning on Batista soon... I dont know why but i can see that happening and i would love for it to happen...

Hassan should win the IC belt at WrestleMania from Shelton and then hold it for a while, a long while...

WrestleMania 21 is shaping up very nicely and im liking the direction your taking your WWE...

Keep it up...

Guest Red Devil

user posted image

Date: 8th March 2005 (to be aired 10th March 2005)

Venue: Colorado

We begin this telecast as always with a video recap of what went down last week. The video package mainly contains footage from last week’s main event between John Cena, Orlando Jordon, Eddie Guerrero and Booker T for the WWE United States Title. We are shown various clips from the match before focusing on the trap set by the Cabinet to get John Cena. We see The Cabinet attack Cena backstage as Booker T cheats to defeat Eddie Guerrero and capture the WWE US Title.

1. JBL tries to get Long to change his mind

Instead of the usual Smackdown intro video playing we open this show in General Manager Theodore Long’s office. He is talking to WWE Heavyweight Champion, John Bradshaw Layfield.

Long: Look playa, I haven’t got time for this. Carlito has got the letter that decides my future on Smackdown so if you don’t mind… I’ve got bigger things to worry about.

JBL: I don’t care about that. Last week on Smackdown you made a #1 contenders match for the WWE Heavyweight Championship. You know that I am the most important wrestler here on Smackdown. I am who all these people came to see. As you know, I am a wrestling god and I don’t deserve to be treated like this. You will be forcing me to put my WWE Heavyweight Championship on the line with mere weeks left until the biggest night of the year. Wrestlemania 21! I will not stand for this. I don’t care what you say or what you do because without me there can be no WWE Heavyweight Title match. I will only compete when I want and where I want because as the WWE Heavyweight Champion I hold that kind of power.

Theodore Long smiles at JBL before wiping what looks like a little bit of spit off of his face.

Long: You done playa? *JBL just stares at him* you’ve got a simple choice to make. If you don’t defend your title next week on Smackdown, you won’t have a title to defend. You feel me playa?

JBL looks angry at that response. He is about to reply but stops. He looks around before walking out of the room not giving us an answer.

Overall Rating: 74.7%

2. John Cena v Orlando Jordon

We cut to the arena where “Longhorn” hits and out walks Orlando Jordon. He is by himself as he enters the ring to a small jeer. “Word Life” hits and out walks John Cena to a huge pop. Cena looks pissed off as he runs down to ringside and slides into the ring. He pummels on Jordon sending him into the corner and knocks him down with a hard clothesline to get this match underway. Cole and Tazz welcome us to the show as they tell us that John Cena demanded this match after what happened last week. Jordon and the Cabinet cost Cena his US Title and Cena wants revenge. They also hype tonight’s double main event of Eddie Guerrero v Booker T for the right to face JBL next week for the WWE Heavyweight Championship. The second main event of the evening will be the Casket match between two retuning monsters, the Big Show and Heidenreich! John Cena has total advantage throughout this short match hitting Jordon with all his signature moves with a lot more aggression then usual. The match comes to an end after Cena drops Jordon with the F-U and gets the three count.

After the match a victorious John Cena stands tall over Jordon but from the back out runs the WWE Heavyweight Champion JBL. He creeps up behind Cena before nailing him with the WWE Heavyweight Title belt to the back of the head. JBL puts the boots to Cena as Jordon gets back to his feet. Jordon joins in on this beating before JBL orders Jordon to lift Cena to his feet. JBL runs off the far ropes and takes Cena down with the Clothesline from Hell! Cena is turned inside out as he lands badly on the back of his neck which gets an “Ohhhhhhh” from the crowd. The referee quickly checks on Cena as JBL and Jordon celebrate. We see a number of referees’s attending to Cena inside the ring as JBL and Jordon exit the ring and walk up the ramp looking happy at what they have just done.

Winner: John Cena with the F-U at 5:08

Match Rating: 77.3%

3. Holly warns Haas!

We cut to the back and see the feet of two people. One is wearing some wrestling boots while the other is not wearing any shoes. The camera slowly moves up until we see those two people being Charlie Haas and Torrie Wilson who are kissing. The camera zooms out and we see Hardcore Holly stretching in the background. Holly is in his wrestling attire with a towel around the back of his neck.

Holly: Can you cut that out. We need to be preparing for our WWE Tag Team Title match later tonight.

Haas and Torrie stop kissing. Haas doesn’t like the tone of Holly’s voice as he is clearly annoyed.

Torrie: It’s ok Charlie. I’ve got to go anyway. My match is next.

Torrie bends down to put her shoes on as Haas replies.

Haas: I’ll come with you.

Torrie smiles before walking towards the door.

Holly: I need to talk to you Charlie…alone.

Torrie gets the message and walks out.

Haas: What’s wrong?

Holly: You know exactly what’s wrong. We’ve got a huge tag match in under an hour and you want to go out there and be with her? We need to go over our strategy and get prepared.

Haas: Look Bob. I know you’re trying to look out for me but quite frankly, I’m a big boy now and can look after myself. All you need to concentrate on is your side of the deal. I’m ready and when the time comes you’ll know I’m ready.

Haas walks out as Holly throws his towel at the door before turning around and continuing to stretch. Cole and Tazz tell us that there may be friction between Haas and Holly but after the break we’ll be seeing a bra and panties match between Torrie and Hiroko.

Overall Rating: 65.6%

-- Commercial Break --

4. Torrie Wilson w/ Charlie Haas v Hiroko w/ Kenzo Suzuki

Bra and Panties Match

We return from the break and see Kenzo Suzuki and Hiroko making their entrances. Hiroko is dressed in her usual Japanese style dress while Kenzo is wearing a “USA” shirt. They get little reaction but that soon changes as Torrie makes her entrance to a loud pop. As she walks down to ringside with Charlie Haas the pop peters out but a load of ‘Wolf Whistles’ make up for that. Cole and Tazz talk up how important both Haas and Kenzo could be to this match. Other then the crowd reaction to Torrie the crowd is mostly dead for this match. This is probably the worst match on Smackdown this year… bar none. It’s extremely short and has no wrestling at all. The match starts off with both women circling the ring. It soon breaks out into a catfight between the two as they pull on each other’s hair and roll around the ring. Torrie gains the advantage as she bangs Hiroko’s head against the mat which prompts Kenzo to enter the ring. Kenzo pulls Torrie off of Hiroko and is about to hit her when Haas makes the save. Haas takes Kenzo down with a release Northern Lights Suplex as Hiroko gets to her feet. Torrie slaps Hiroko before beginning to strip Hiroko. Ten Seconds later Hiroko is down to her Bra and Panties and Torrie is awarded the victory.

As Torrie celebrates Hiroko sneaks up behind her and throws some powder into her eyes. Kenzo takes Haas down with a hard clothesline before hitting Torrie with a reverse DDT! Kenzo and Hiroko make a quick exit as Haas gets back to his feet. Torrie is still down and looks hurt. Haas checks on Torrie as referee’s run down to help. Tazz puts over the fact that Torrie isn’t a wrestler and isn’t trained to take moves like that. A stretcher is brought down to ringside and takes Torrie to the back with Haas in tow. Cole questions whether Haas will be ready for his Tag Title match later tonight.

Winner: Torrie Wilson at 2:11

Match Rating: 18.2%

5. RAW Rebound

We cut to a video package. A graphic shows up telling us that this is the “RAW Rebound

We return from the video to see RAW General Manager Eric Bischoff standing in the middle of the ring holding a mic. He is wearing his usual black suit and doesn’t look too happy.

Eric: This past Thursday on Smackdown Shawn Michaels did something he shouldn’t have. Just like Gene Snitsky did something at No Way Out that he shouldn’t have. Just like Kurt Angle did something on RAW last week that he shouldn’t have.

Sexy Boy” hits and out walks the “Heartbreak Kid” Shawn Michaels to a loud pop. He is wearing casual clothing as he strolls into the ring. He walks over to Bischoff and grabs the mic.

HBK: On Smackdown I had to sort out some personal differences. Kurt Angle attacked me last week on RAW so I repaid him the favour. When you mess with HBK you’re gonna get a reply. No questions about it. It was as simple as that.

Eric: It may be simple to you but it isn’t to me. You see all you RAW contracted superstars are contracted to me. I am contracted to get one thing and that is ratings. As I promote WWE RAW as the ONLY place to see RAW superstars it just doesn’t make sense giving them to our opposition. That loses us ratings and that means I’m not doing my job properly. So me and Theodore Long have set up some appropriate guidelines that all WWE contracted superstars have to follow.

Shawn Michaels nonchalantly walks around the ring.

Eric: If any WWE RAW contracted superstar shows up on WWE Smackdown they will immediately be fired. If any WWE Smackdown Superstar appears on WWE RAW they will also be immediately fired. There is only one way that a RAW superstar can appear on a Smackdown broadcast or vice versa. That is if both General Manager’s give their consent before they appear. That’s where you come into it Shawn.

Michaels looks back at Bischoff after spending the entire time playing to the crowd.

Eric: I have just got off the phone with both Smackdown GM Theodore Long and the RAW solicitors and the contracts for you to face Kurt Angle are ready to be signed. I have agreed this with Theodore beforehand so next week on RAW we will see Kurt Angle show up on RAW as an invited guest to go face to face with you and sign the contract to finalise the Shawn Michaels v Kurt Angle match for Wrestlemania 21!

Michaels smiles before responding.

HBK: That’s great news Eric. It gives the Heartbreak Kid one more chance to send a message to Kurt Angle.

Eric: No…it does not. You see as Kurt Angle is our guest we have to treat him amicably. If you lay one finger on Kurt next week not only will your match against him at Wrestlemania 21 be cancelled but you will also be fired on the spot. Do you understand me?

HBK just stares back at Bischoff as the crowd jeer. The smile on Michaels face seems to have vanished as Bischoff drops the mic.

Guest Red Devil

PWinsider Weekly Lariat

Hello and welcome to another edition of the Weekly Lariat. Let’s get straight to it!

First up on the agenda is the biggest news to come out about the WWE not only this week but this year! Both WWE and Bret “The Hitman” Hart are talking once again. They have had a few meetings this week and both Vince McMahon and Bret Hart are on good terms. The animosity between them is still there stemming from their incident at Survivor Series ’97 but not as much as it was back then. Reportedly Vince McMahon invited Bret “The Hitman” Hart to Wrestlemania 21 as part of the Hall of Fame but Hart turned it down. Bret feels that if he is to return it should be once Vince and himself have got everything sorted out and doesn’t want to be overshadowed at such a big occasion. One thing coming out of the whole set of incidents is that Vince has once again agreed to allow Bret access to his footage in both WWF/E and WCW. If this does go ahead then expect Bret to appear on WWE TV in the next three or four months. One thing’s for sure though… If he does return it will only be for one night and not an in-ring role.

Moving onto another legend that turned down an opportunity to appear at the WWE Hall of Fame, Bob Backlund. Last year he was invited to be a part of the WWE Hall of Fame at Wrestlemania XX but publicly turned it down. This year the WWE offered again and this time Backlund agreed. We haven’t got any details on the change of heart but one things for sure. Backlund deserves to be in the Hall of Fame and now he is it leaves only one credible legend out…Bruno Sammartino. Hopefully the WWE can change that soon.

Moving onto contracts. After rejecting his initial contract Theodore Long has accepted his second offer. The WWE were expected to write off Long’s role as Smackdown General Manager this past week but changed the scripts at the last minute when word came through that Long was staying. However, RAW GM Eric Bischoff has not replied to the WWE’s latest offer. The feeling among WWE management is that Bischoff wants and needs to take some time off so there is very little chance of Eric staying. His initial contract comes to an end days before Wrestlemania so if a deal isn’t reached he will not be a part of Wrestlemania 21!

Moving on to WWE PPV News and more specifically WWE Wrestlemania 21. Other then the matches already announced, expect Edge to be put in some sort of match with Mick Foley. The program may draw out even longer but the first encounter between the two is expected to happen at Wrestlemania. Look out for The Rock to feature in this feud as he has a handshake agreement with the WWE to appear at Wrestlemania 21. Rock and Foley are always in cahoots so something may happen there. The word going around the back is that Booker T will defend his US Title at Wrestlemania 21 against either Rey Mysterio or Eddie Guerrero. They haven’t decided yet so we’ll have to wait and see. The latest match to be announced for Wrestlemania 21 is Brock Lesnar taking on The Big Show. The WWE are going for a much more risqué product and I have heard that in the build up to this feud there is a “huge angle planned” Take that for what you will but I expect some sort of stipulation added to this one.

Staying on the subject of WWE PPV’s. WWE has officially cancelled the ECW PPV. They have told workers who were contacted about the show about the cancellation. This was due to Paul Heyman leaving the WWE so the WWE are going to go ahead with plans to release a few more DVD’s on the history of ECW. More on that in upcoming weeks. To replace that PPV the WWE are still thinking of reverting back to WWE Badd Blood. The favourite in the running though is for the King of the Ring to return. The only problem with that is deciding which brand gets the PPV. If they can decide that then it is extremely likely we will see King of the Ring return.

Injury Update time. Lance Cade known as Garrison Cade is back to full fitness. He is expected to work off the ring rust down at OVW for a couple of months before being brought back to the main roster. Also there have been rumours that John Cena was legitimately injured on Smackdown taking that bump from JBL. That whole angle was a work to get JBL’s finisher over so don’t worry because the Smackdown main event for Wrestlemania 21 is still on. Or should that be start worrying?

Anyway let’s move on to the injury table.

RAW

Eugene (Knee Injury) - Expected back Early June/Late May

Lita (knee) - Expected back Late May

Matt Hardy - Expected back Mid April

Smackdown!

Jesus (Neck) - Expected back Mid May

Rob Van Dam (leg) - Expected back Mid June

Both Colt Cabana and Jay Lethal got try outs this week. Both were on WWE Heat as they took on William Regal and Tyson Tomko in tag team action. They fought under the team name of “Cabana & Lethal” and gave a good performance selling well. This is another step for WWE to fleshing out the talent pool they have. They know they need to find tomorrow’s stars and to do that they need an opportunity to train them so if Colt and Jay do get a contract, expect them to head down to the new development territory to begin their WWE style training. Rumour has it that WWE are planning to sign a number of Indy talents after Wrestlemania so that’s when you can expect a Mass hiring spree. However if the WWE are going to be hiring a load of new wrestlers we may be seeing the back of a few others.

Onto the ratings report now. WWE RAW drew 854,189 viewers (up by 12,388) while WWE Smackdown! drew 834,812 viewers (down by 223). For the third week running RAW has increased its viewership and for the second week in a row has beaten Smackdown. For the first time in three weeks a WWE TV Show has dropped viewers. Smackdown drew less viewers then last week but the WWE shouldn’t be too upset as it’s only a small loss. Smackdown will be trying to gain back their viewers this week while RAW will be looking to continue on their upward spiral!

Both members of the WWE RAW Wrestlemania Main Event were on hype duty this week. Both Batista and Triple H promoted RAW, Wrestlemania 21 as well as a few other WWE related products. Here is a very brief recap.

Dave Bautista appeared on The Tonight Show on 8th March 2005. He put Joe Higuchi over heavily. Overall the appearance went down well.

• 7 months later...