Thought of the Day: Perfection

zero

I don't know I have played some great games in my time but when you compare threm you realise you liked them for different reasons.

The original LOZ because it was the first game I ever really played from start to finish. It's the game I equate with getting addicted to videogames.

Perfect Dark in multi-player is a shit load of fun, I have clocked up over 7 1/2 days on it. The GTA series is great for its openendedness.

So I guess for me the perfect game would be Zelda, with free roaming and different horses to ride, with the ability to have 4 player death matches :shifty:

Edited by Quom

In terms of my views on perfection, I am on the standpoint that there truly is none. Now, in terms of 10/10s, I have only three: Goldeneye (N64), The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64), and Sonic 2 (Genesis). These are the three games that I can truly pick up and play and remember the classicness that was and is. These three games are the truest gaming bliss I've ever had and part of the reason I'm a gamer today.

EDIT: And yes, I know that's three games, two more than counts. If I have to choose one...Sonic is it.

Edited by TheROC-Revolt

For me, the 'perfect' video game was Final Fantasy III/VI...

Never have I ever played an RPG where the characters could be ferocious fighters, as well as incredibly magic-users. That was just incredible for me. Sure, there have been others, but FF3/6 was the first that opened the door, so to speak. Not to metionon the phenomanal soundtrack and the great storyline.

Well the thing is for me, it all depends on what you're looking for in a video game. I'm not a fan of RPG's too much so the FF series doesn't kick it for me.

For me, I want something that has a solid story, good replay value (which may or may not mean a decent multiplayer), decent graphics (for its time), decent gameplay and whether or not it's actually fun to play.

So with that said, Super Mario World for the SNES is up there for me.

Halo is up there as well.

Half Life 2 for me is damn near perfection (although the same cannot be said for CS: Source).

I don't have a PS2 so I can't really comment on GTA:SA until it's out on PC.