CoH Talk

Herr Matzat

Ok, it´s finaly live in europe now to, i have been playing sinc yesterday, screewed up renewing my beta acount with the full version key so i miss the beta testers extra but whatever, can´t be that kickass <_<

Annyone of you guys on one of the UK servers ? I´ve only been playing on the German server for now but if some nerds are around here i could creat something overthere aswell.

i am not saing they are not making a profit, but they FOR SHURE have to invest far more to keep it running (or even get it started, online rpgs are way harder to write than normal games from what read, same goos for the suport and such, this issent fuckign 5 vs 5 counterstrike, this is thousands of players online at the same time, a good MMORPG is not possible for free)

i guss thats just the way it is today, were everyone downloads everything for free, stuff that (almost) is imposible to get illegaly for free AND needs to be payed monthly pisses people of . . .

*wants to see TheRockBox and drags write their own MMORPG and keep the servers running for years, THEN come back and say it's greed*

STFU, and NEVER has that acronym been more appropriate.

Edit: Oh yeah, getting back to the topic..pffff, CoH :P I'm just waiting for Friday :P

Three...more...days.

After Friday, Uni grades are going so downhill... :(

Edited by TheReilDeal

*wants to see TheRockBox and drags write their own MMORPG and keep the servers running for years, THEN come back and say it's greed*

Why? I'm sure you criticise things, even if you couldn't do them. Besides, I'm not having a go at the game itself - it may be awesome, but charging the normal price of a game AND a monthly fee is ridiculous.

So STFU.

Then explain to me why Half-Life 2 and Doom 3 still retail for $55, when most regular games of its type run for roughly $40, if not less? Not to mention Half-Life 2 had those insanely-priced (upwards of $120) Collector's Editions that featured little more than past releases and a t-shirt?

Not to mention the fact that, at least with City of Heroes, the developers are honestly busting their collective asses. They have offered three free updates that have been nothing short of HUGE, as well as server upkeep that has been nearly perfect. Furthermore, they don't have the huge funding that a game such as Everquest has from EA, and thus, may not be able to go too far in the hole for too much longer.

Also, did I mention that the three updates from City of Heroes were FREE, as opposed to the constant expansion packs that are put out for other games and priced anywhere from $20 to $50?

I'm all for voicing a dissenting opinion on MMORPGs, but you can back right the fuck off of City of Heroes, because I speak from experience when I say that I got more than my money's worth with that game. And since this thread is SUPPOSED to be discussing CoH, I'd appreciate it if you either started discussing the mechanics of the game itself or go elsewhere.

Then explain to me why Half-Life 2 and Doom 3 still retail for $55, when most regular games of its type run for roughly $40, if not less? Not to mention Half-Life 2 had those insanely-priced (upwards of $120) Collector's Editions that featured little more than past releases and a t-shirt?

Reil, your Uni internet connection lets you play online games? Mine doesn't :(

The game looks fantastic, and I'd really be interested in getting it. But if we say 6 months is about the average playtime I get from a game, that's nearly 100 pounds. Either a cheaper subscription or a cheaper game would be far fairer.

I saw CoH in ePlay in Southampton yesterday, for £25, which is a little better. I wasn't even aware it was out yet.