MVP Baseball 2004 vs MLB Baseball 2005

grind your soul

Based on my wants/needs, which game do you recommend?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Based on my wants/needs, which game do you recommend?

• MLB 2005
    • MVP 2004
    • Other [state below]

Guest The Man They Call Puke

Why not just wait for next years? It will be the same price and all of the bugs will be fixed. For the time rent MVP or just buy MLB.

because the next mvp game wont be out for 9 months... :rolleyes:

In MLB you can do everything from setting prices to hiring any and all staff that you need. The dynasty mode is really in-depth. The team management is awesome.

But MVP's gameplay is better. MVP isn't as in-depth in team management but you can play as AAA/AA which is very cool. MVP is the common EA game IMO which is very good.

Its a toss up for which one is better but I would say buy MLB for the medicore gameplay and awesome team management or buy MVP for the great gameplay and okay team management.

That didn't really help much but thats how I feel the team management and gameplay (the two you mentioned) are like in both games in question.

I had baseball fever too. I was sick the whole week and it was soon my birthday so my mom bought me MVP, MLB and All-Star Baseball. :P.

MVP 2004 wasn't bad: The Dynasty Mode is awesome on it, even with the glitches. I bought it when it came out- not too bad, though I basically stopped playing when I bought All-Star 2005 (I know, I know- what can I say, I really like the Expansion mode in ASB...)

MLB 2005 is way too easy, pretty sub-par on its gameplay, and its "dynasty" mode leaves a lot to be desired (only using the "career" mode rather than a good dynasty mode, like all the other games have.) The only reason to buy it is if you have an Eye-Toy and REALLY want to use your own face for your created guy.

i got my hopes up today , because i ordered mvp 2004 off of ebay. checked the mail today and it was there except it wasn't 2004. the damn guy sent me 2003 . 2003 is super fun except for the small glitches like the catcher stepping off the home plate looking around and turns around too late to make the tag. and the fact you can't control the direction of the dive or jump. But 2004 will be shipped as long as i pay for shipping so its all good

• 2 weeks later...

It's a bit old, but I must reply again.

I bought MVP 2004, and I absolutely LOVE this game.

THIS is what I want a baseball game to be! Challenging, but not so challenging that I get frustrated and throw things. Mostly great graphics, mostly great gameplay, good features, and [so far] a great dynasty mode.

I don't like the prospect of playing 162 games a year, but the "impact meter" helps me a lot, as I usually just skip the games under a 5/10 rating. I really like the AA and AAA features, too. I'm only about 45 games into my first season in dynasty mode, but it's still awesome [if a bit repetitive], and the mode picks up everything that I thought it would, and pretty much everything that NHL 2004's dynasty mode is lacking.

8.5/10 so far.