Rock Already Pelted by Conservatives Before Oscars

ROC

Credit - IMDB

Low Oscar Ratings? Blame Rock, Say Conservative Family Groups

Chris Rock has been trying out material at comedy clubs that he is likely to use during his Oscar monologue on Sunday, including jibes at President Bush, L.A. Weekly columnist Nikki Finke reported. She said that a condition of Rock's acceptance of the offer to host the Oscars was that he be granted creative control over his material and agreed only to excise swear words. Rock, she observed, is keenly aware that he'll be blamed if the Oscar telecast fails to attract its usual massive audience, even though none of the films up for best picture has achieved blockbuster status. (The conservative group Concerned Women for America has already predicted that Rock's presence at the podium will drive away viewers and that it demonstrates "how far out of touch [Hollywood] is with the rest of America.")

Edited by TheROC-Revolt

Guest Ringmaster

It's because he's black. Clearly. He should wipe my boots and not waste my time with his black ass being on TV.

Pleasantries aside, iff anything, the Hollywood Reporter says that the ratings for the Oscars should actually increase, as Rock is bringing in the youngsters this time around. I know he's bound to be better than Crystal or Goldberg, they just fucking sucked in the past few years.

Guest Ringmaster

To be honest, that black comment was just me being an ass.

The places that generally shun away from blacks in the US aren't generally pre-occupied by the Oscars, so the black effect may not play that big a role on the show's ratings. It just pisses off the "high class" southerners I guess.

What are these idiots afraid of? That Rock will rule, and Steve Martin, Whoopi Goldberg and Billy Crystal will look like asses by comparison? The Academy knows nothing about picking hosts, and the one year they get it right the "Family" groups are up in arms. Robin Williams was a co-host in the 80's; was there an outburst of vulgarity? Nope, he was a good boy, and Rock will be too. They're just afraid he'll say something that doesn't jive with their political views.

It's not because he's black, it's because he has an opposing oppinion. Personally I agree with Rocks views for the most part. If anything, hollywood when it comes to comedians, IS THE PEOPLE. That is all... the comedians that are true to there roots, Chris Rock, as an example, all feel this way. I hate women's conservative groups, and conservative groups in general, then again I hate liberal groups as well. Why can't people accept the fact that someone has an oppinion, rebuttle without having to try to 'slander' the person by saying they have no blockbuster movies?

If anything this makes me want to watch his movies even more to stick it to the conservatives...

Also, I do believe if they would of had Lewis Black, George Carlin, or any such comedian, they would of had a fit by there comments. Carlin, and Black possibly some of the most under rated comedians there are, aren't biased in there oppinions, they simply think both the liberal and conservative platforms at times is bullshit.

Yeah, I wonder what they would of done if Lewis Black would of pulled a "Black Album" type jokes about Bush, I believe he'd be lynched. Chris Rock is controversial, but for goodness sakes, he's simply what the people say.

Guest Bluesman

The Drudge Report has been disseminating Rock's "comments" and "views" for probably a good 2 weeks now in a clear attempt to illicit action such as this. It was quite entertaining to watch them twist and distort what he said. I found it interesting that they actually were taking bits of his routine as being the 'end all' of his views/beliefs.

For example, one headline said: "OSCAR HOST CHRIS ROCK SHOCK: ABORTION IN AMERICA IS 'BEAUTIFUL'"

And then one line it goes: "Abortion, it's beautiful, it's beautiful abortion is legal. I love going to an abortion rally to pick up women, cause you know they are f**king," Rock said during his club routine.

It's amazing how absolutely stupid and easily manipulated people are in this country.

http://www.drudgereportarchives.com/dsp/se...hFor=Chris+Rock

How is George Carlin one of the most underrated comics in America? Carlin is probably the most well-known comic alive aside from Richard Pryor, who can no longer perform.

Anyway, I am getting extremely tired of these fucks telling me how out of touch Hollywood is with America or how out of touch blue states are with America or how out of touch dems are with America. Shut the fuck up. I'm not out of touch with your views, I just don't share them. These fucking puritans are holding us back from making any sort of progress in this country. So please, I'm not an elitist, I'm just better than you.

George Carlin is under rated by most conservatives(Extreme anyways), and some of youth America. In fact, I don't think youth America knows who he is, other than some of the things he did in Jay and Silent bob movies, didn't he play the director?

Yeah, George Carlin is a genius, not bad for an old man, but i say George Carlin anywhere around here, and people say 'who?' must just be my area.

I still like Lewis Black better than Carlin though :wub:

The reason the Democrats lost the election in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

So please, I'm not an elitist, I'm just better than you.

No... it's the reason conservatives are out of touch with me, they have no sense of humor. Honestly, you couldn't get the sarcasm in a sentence that says I'm not elitist, I'm just better than you?