Zach Braff may star as Fletch

Pepsi

The officially sponsered Kevin Smith news site, newsaskew.com, is reporting that in a message board post made at ViewAskew.com, Smith announced that Scrubs and Garden State star Zach Braff is the front-runner to star in his next movie after Clerks 2, Fletch Won.

Fletch Won is to be a strict adaptation of the prequel novel of the same name by Gregory McDonald, and will have no connection to the film version of McDonald's first book starring Chevy Chase.

I'm probably the only one who thought of 'Porridge' when I read the title.....

Anyway, I like Braff, its good to see him getting roles. Whats the basic story?

Guest Cereal Killer

Rumor has it that the execs that have to do with Fletch Won think that Jason Lee doesn't "sell tickets" and that's why he's probably not going to get the lead but Braff isn't a bad choice.

The only movie i've seen Braff in is Garden State, but after seeing that, I absolutely love the guy.  I'll check IMDB after posting this, but what else has he done/any recommendations?

Instead of going with Jason Lee who they said "won't sell tickets", they will go with a person that's only known for a TV show that's ratings are down this year and indy movies that never made over 25 Million? I don't see there logic...

Not to take anything away from him, I watch Scrubs sometimes and I like him as an actor, I just don't see how he could have the star power they say Jason Lee didn't have

Instead of going with Jason Lee who they said "won't sell tickets", they will go with a person that's only known for a TV show that's ratings are down this year and indy movies that never made over 25 Million? I don't see there logic...

Not to take anything away from him, I watch Scrubs sometimes and I like him as an actor, I just don't see how he could have the star power they say Jason Lee didn't have

Clearly Zach has box office drawing power, and the fact that he's routinely watched by 5 million people every week can only be a good thing.

Really? I have never heard Zach Braff being used as a selling point for Garden State. It's always the writing or the soundtrack.

Clearly Zach has box office drawing power, and the fact that he's routinely watched by 5 million people every week can only be a good thing.

Really? I have never heard Zach Braff being used as a selling point for Garden State. It's always the writing or the soundtrack.

Well the point I was trying to make is that Zach wasn't only a selling point for the movie, he was THE selling point. He wrote, directed and starred in the movie, and produced the soundtrack.

Guest Ringmaster

Garden State was weird. I found it very iffy and emo-ish, although had the ending been more miserable instead of over-sentimentalist, I would have liked it a lot better.

I think it had to be what you would call "emo-ish", simply because it's about a person really experiencing life for the first time in 15 years. According to Zach's commentary, the ending was written the way it was to see Large finally taking control over his life, and to go back to Los Angeles in Zach's eyes would be like "running away".

Guest Ringmaster

The emoishness I can handle, it gets on my nerves eventually, but that's about it. But the ending felt rushed, it was like "Bye...... I love you". Then again, I'm a sucker for things that end badly, and that's probably why I feel this way.