Rugby League 2 announced

Guest Anti-Hero

Guest Iron Mary

Tru Blu Entertainment, who brought us Rugby League/Super League/Stacey Jones Rugby League in 2003 have announced Rugby League 2. The game is slated for an August/September release and it looks nice. I think they're going for the same improvements as EA Sports' Rugby franchise has aimed for this year. Go to Tru Blu's homepage to see shots of what players such as Sonny Bill Williams, Billy Slater, Andrew Johns, Ben Kennedy and Benji Marshall will look like.

I won't hold my breath, but it does look very promising.

Woah... those screenshots look damn sweet. Along with online play, "New multi year Franchise Mode, including player contract management, injuries, judiciary, and mid season representative games." and Weta behind the animation, this game looks kickass, way better than the first. Thanks for the link (Y)

Sounds a lot better then the original. I'll admit i'm not the biggest Rugby fan but that game didn't really stand out as anything amazing but with a proper franchise mode it sounds like it's going to be a real improvement.

As long as they sort out the AI I'll be picking this up, like when they'd get to the last tackle in their own half, or any other time they'd never kick it, instead they'd just take the tackle setting you up with great possession and an almost guaranteed try.