Love, Angel, Music, Baby

Guest We Are Robots

Guest We Are Robots

How do you feel about this album? I know it's somewhat infamous for being the guilty pleasure of people who would normally be 'too good' for dance music, and that's pretty much what it is for me.

Also, what's your favourite song on it? Right now it's "Bubble Pop Electric" with "We've Got a Long Way to Go" as second.

I think I was one of the only supporters of the album when it came out.

Anyways, my favorite songs off of the album are:

What You Waiting For?

Hollaback Girl

Cool

Bubble Pop Electric

Luxurious

Harajuku Girls

Hollaback Girl is probably my favorite though. I fucking love the lyric, "let me hear you say this shit is bananas" for some reason.

Edited by Tristof

Love the cd it's probably the most played cd in my collection

and like Tristof Hollaback Girl is great I dunno what it is but I like it alot . I prefer the stuff she did with No doubt but the new album is a good

Guest We Are Robots

Hollaback Girl is one of my favourites too... it has that We Will Rock You feel to it. If it ever gets a music video, the music video has to look like chalk outlines on asphault of cheerleaders with fancy rich person canes stomping and hitting their canes on the ground while Gwen Stefani sings and the lyrics get spraypainted in white on the asphault as she sings them, and she dances on top of the yellow lines in the middle of the highway, also a white chalk outline...

I don't know if that describes it any good, but meh.

I've only heard the two singles (rich girl, and what you waiting for) for some reason I don't even think of them as music. It isn't that I'm a music snob, they just don't sound like music to me.

I don't know if it's something intangible I just don't hear them as pieces of music.

Rich Girl and What You Waiting For? are the best things to happen to pop radio since Velvet Revolver became huge in the pop market, IMO. The album is a pretty good gulity pleasure, though it should be Stefani's only pop foray. But I liked it nevertheless. :thumbsup:

What Are You Waiting For was one of the best singles of 2004. The album is good, not excellent, but most of the songs are really growing on me.

Guest We Are Robots

Difficult to say if she's better off with or without them. As much as I like LAMB, it's not as good as Tragic Kingdom, or maybe even Return of Saturn, though it's way better than Rock Steady. If they were just going to keep making albums like Rock Steady then she's way better without them, but if they could make a return to their earlier style they'd be making better music together.

Though perhaps I only feel this way because "Hey Baby" pisses me off to no end.

Edited by We Are Robots

Rich Girl and What You Waiting For? are the best things to happen to pop radio since Velvet Revolver became huge in the pop market, IMO. The album is a pretty good gulity pleasure, though it should be Stefani's only pop foray. But I liked it nevertheless. :thumbsup:

You say that as if No Doubt isn't pop.

Edited by TheROC-Revolt

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

That may have been the case previously, but now they're pretty much pop with 'rock' elements, basically people don't like calling it pop because pop is suppose to be bad and alot of 'rock' fans are really faggy about stuff they like being labelled as pop.

Edited by muddatrucker

Early No Doubt is ska mashed with pop-punk.

New No Doubt is just pop music. Just because you play an instrument doesn't mean you aren't pop.