NWA: Total Nonstop Action - From Its Inception!

ADG

Okay, so you finally decided to give Hall some interview time, which I of course liked. He hasn't got a hope in hell of winning, but it's nice to see you trying.

CM Punk's semi-active push continues, as he squashes Benjamin, which I also like. CM Punk rocks, and after that blistering promo you cut a couple of weeks ago, this diary could use a lot more of him.

Ricky Steamboat as an old man bores me, but Ultimo Dragon and Rey Mysterio Jr. damn sure don't. Nice idea there, as most of your X-Division thus far has been comprised of largely unknowns, so bringing in some big names is a good business decision.

I wasn't feeling the Shamrock/Steiner match. I know they're technically feuding, but the prospect of a shoot fighter with very little pro wrestling training fighting a Steiner brother is... Less than pleasant. The other half of the team that would in reality go on to be known as Team Angle loses to Steve Corino, as he should. No Corino or Punk mike time thus far has made me a sad panda, but limited segments and all that jazz I guess.

Nice to see Brian Christopher gone from TNA. I never liked that punk, and I'm glad you gave him some deserved punishment for turning up late. Hennig, of course rocks, and like Punk and Corino, this diary needs more. Hennig is awesome, so I hope he is at least somewhere on your big list of pawns to feed to Jarrett.

Well, you've just revealed that Low Ki will be going over all 15 of the X-Division's finest, and then losing to Daniels at the end, but I always mark for that match pairing, so I'll forgive you for the predictability.

Roddy Piper was a pleasant surprise... Vince Russo most certainly WAS NOT. I'll reserve judgment until you define his character, but if he starts preaching new blood and tits non-stop, I'll have to boycott.

Overall, much better than the last show, and with all of your champions crowned, you should have more space free for storyline development. Now, we can get down to the nitty-gritty, and I look forward to seeing where you go from here.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the Hall mic time starting the show was the right thing to do and the right way to go. I still don't think the match itself was the right way to go but if you're going with it then Hall needed some build up even if it's just a moment on the mic.

Punk Vs Benjamin sounded good. I'm glad you're not trying to make out they're big stars ages before their time. Benjamin and Punk are basically nobody's with a lot of potential at this point and I'm glad you're going that way with them.

Dragon and Rey Mysterio Jr. While both are great cruiserweights i'm not 100% sure they fit in with the x division, moreso dragon than rey. the other thing is that you've got a huge amount of big big stars on your roster now. In fact I'd say too many. Having say Hall, Jarrett and Shamrock or something similar would be fine but you're beginning to have every big star who isn't under WWE contract and I'm not really sure where you're gettin the money from at this point to take those sort of risks.

Unlike BD I actually am liking the idea of the Steiners and the Shamrocks. I still don't know why I'm meant to care about Frank Shamrock though. I know who he is, but most TNA fans wouldn't and I still don't see they'd care that much right now. Him being there shuold be a big deal.

Haas, much like Storm previously, lost the match but was not made to look particularly weak. I'm not sure about Corino shakin his hand after the match. Is Corino face? I thought he was heel. Maybe I'd read wrong, I don't know where I stand with Corino right now really and what sort of heat the old school challenge is supposed to get him.

Perfect Vs Christopher. A couple of things that let it down for me. Who were the lumberjacks? I'd have preferred to know, and what their motive was for being out there really, including, why was it a lumberjack match? Christopher's been hitting him with chairs, that doesn't translate to a lumberjack match for me. Also, why was all the Christopher leaving stuff done? Was it a loser leaves TNA match? I know the insider story is that Christopher has been fired but on screen that isn't known by the fans. Nice to see Christopher gone and jobbed out though.

Low Ki and Daniels should be good when it finally happens, 16 weeks from now. That's four months of build up to Low Ki and Daniels. That's a hell of a lot. I hope you can string it out that long because if you can by the time we get there the heat will be immense.

Piper as guest ref, no complaints at bringin in Piper, I'd kinda be a hypocrite if I did ;) Russo turning up wasn't so good. On screen I never minded him half as much as everyone else, particularly towards the end of his TNA time more recently. But I dunno, Russo coming in and keepin the belt on Jarrett just seemed a bit sorta, been there, done that, which to be honest was kinda the feel I got with the whole Hall Jarrett match really.

Don West's end of show shill was cool, glad you added that in. Just one tiny thing, in those things Don would always say "but that's not all Mike" before telling him something else cool on next week's show. It wasn't like a catchphrase or anything, it's just something he seemed to say so you could add that in perhaps to give it the Don West feel.

Nice show, and I preferred it to the one from the previous week. Compared with the weekly PPV's so far I'd rate it somewhere in the middle. Not the worst one you've done, nor the best, but another solid show.

user posted image

http://www.marksandsmarks.com

TNA Notes

* Vince Russo’s appearance at the last show was NOT a one off thing. Russo has reportedly signed a 6 month agreement with NWA:TNA. However TNA management moved quickly to suppress rumours that he was the newest addition to the TNA booking team. Russo is strictly an on screen worker.

* “Rowdy” Roddy Piper though was on a one shot deal, for now. TNA management enjoyed his input into last nights show and so are reputedly considering offering him a permanent position.

* There was some confusion over the lumberjack match last night between Curt Hennig and Brian Christopher. Apparently TNA were hoping to force a feud between Hennig and Shane Douglas - who would have been one of the lumberjacks. Unfortunately Douglas’ flight was cancelled and so instead Christopher’s exit took the air time allocated to a Hennig/Douglas brawl.

* TNA have managed to get a special slot on “World’s Best Fighter’s” to showcase the Shamrock brothers. Expect the WBF episode to air sometime this week and the piece to be shown on next week’s TNA PPV.

* Steve Corino added in the hand shake after his match himself and faced some criticism for it, however he argued his case, explaining it was his way of thanking Charlie Haas for a good match which he enjoyed. Haas is expected to be offered a short term deal.

* The NASCAR angle is expected to start soon, however TNA are holding off with the announcement until ‘The Anointed One’ has debuted as they are wanting him to be a big part of the show from the get go.

* The Low Ki/Christopher Daniels program is slated for at least a five month run at the current time. Now we only have to see if TNA can pull it off well enough.

* Brian Christopher has taken his first booking since being ending his TNA stint last night. Earlier today he updated his schedule on his LiveJournal with a booking for the United States Pro Wrestling Alliance.

* Who isn’t marking out for the Rey vs. Ultimo match, even if they’re probably only going to be there for one night?

===========================================================

NWATNA – Enter The Russo

What a shock we all got last week during the NWA World Heavyweight Championship match between Jeff Jarrett and Scott Hall when none other than Vince Russo himself emerged from the crowd and nailed Hall with a chair, allowing Jeff Jarrett to get the three count and again screw Hall out of a fair result. Tonight both Jarrett and Russo will be here and you know they’ll have something to say.

Despite both of his matches for the NWA Title being caught up in disputed finishes, the NWA Championship Committee has ruled that Scott Hall will not receive another title shot in the foreseeable future! What will “The Bad Guy” have to say? But besides that, he’s got other things to worry about as tonight Scott Hall goes one on one with Vader!

Plus tonight the contract will be signed for one of the most anticipated matches in recent memory. Both Rey Mysterio Jr. and Ultimo Dragon will be in the house and they will meet in the ring in the company of Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat to sign the contract which will see the two meet in a TNA ring.

Last week we heard from the new X Division Champion Low Ki and in a confrontation with “The Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels we heard that Low Ki is out to prove that he is worthy of such a prestigious title as he looks to defeat all 16 men he didn’t pin to win the championship, but he’s told Daniels that he will be #16! Tonight he begins his run against Jose Maximo!

Plus tonight “The King of Old School” Steve Corino returns with another ‘Old School Challenge’. Who’ll answer the challenge tonight?

PLUS!

We are one week from the arrival of the ‘Annointed One’, tonight The Brethren make their final preparations, Mike Awesome takes on Lash LeRoux and Ron Killings goes one on one with Disco Inferno!

NWATNA – Enter The Russo

- Russo Rules The Roost -

“It’s the Nashville Fairgrounds in Nashville, Tennessee and this is TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION”. We enter week seven of the history of NWATNA and opening the show we get the NWA World Heavyweight Champion “The Chosen One” Jeff Jarrett. Double J on his own is normally enough to get the fans going but when Vince Russo stepped through the curtain the roof came off the arena as the two drew incredible heat. Entering the ring, Russo held the ropes open for the champ before asking for a microphone from one of the ring crew, who handed one over reluctantly.

Vince Russo: Look who it is! Ha ha! Vince Russo in TNA! You all thought it’d never happen didn’t ya! You never thought it’d come true, you read the rumours, you phoned the hotlines but you never really believed, well I am here and I am one hundred percent real!

Russo presents himself to the crowd with a bow, and the booing intensifies.

Vince Russo: You know, it was two years ago that I threw the biggest star this industry had ever seen out of the biggest wrestling promotion this industry had ever seen, so that this man right here could get the respect he deserves. Now we’re in the era of TNA and I’m sitting at home and what do I see? I see Dusty Rhodes! Dusty Rhodes punking out Jeff Jarrett! Dusty Rhodes! A decrepit old geriatric S.O.B bitching out “The Chosen One”! Well I wasn’t about to let it go down like that!

Good for you I say! But the crowd doesn’t take kindly to Russo calling Rhodes a S.O.B.

Vince Russo: So you got Dusty Rhodes doing his old man thing and Scott Hall somehow sober…

Russo puts his finger to his ear as if pushing in a mall ear-piece.

Vince Russo: What’s that?!?! OH NO! Ladies and gentlemen, Scott Hall has just had a drink! Quick, before he comes out here!

“Now that’s just disrespectful!” says Mike Tenay as Jarrett laughs behind Russo. Vincent is finished for now though and hands the microphone to “The Chosen One”

Jeff Jarrett: Listen up slappies, I’m gonna make this quick. The new era has now definitely arrived. Scott Hall couldn’t take me down and now “The Chosen One” has Vince Russo, the great Vince Russo….

Nice little ego stroke there.

Jeff Jarrett: …..as his executive consultant. It’s good to be “The Chosen One”. Hahaha!

Russo and Jarrett depart the ring as we cut back to Mike Tenay and Don West who can now welcome us all to the show.

[89]

- YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! Killings In The Hiz’Houze! -

Our first in ring action of the night came next as Ron Killings took on Disco Inferno in one on one action. Killings as always had Konnan with him at ringside even though he didn’t get involved in the match at all. Disco was his usual average self but Killings mixed style of high flying and hard hitting brawling did get the crowd mildly interested. Even Inferno seemed to get motivated as the match went on and he and Killings transformed what could have been a by the numbers affair into one of the better matches TNA had put on yet. Disco entertained us a couple of times with some saucy dance moves but learned his lesson the third time when Killings caught him with a bulldog. It was that bulldog that was the beginning of the end for Disco Inferno - “burn baby burn!” - as Killings controlled the match from then on and nailed a Brainbuster followed by the Moonsault for the pinfall win. Well done to both men.

[84/65/74]

- Awesome Win For Awesome……..You Groaned At That One Didn’t You? -

Next up was an easy win for Mike Awesome as he squashed Lash LeRoux - the ragin’ Cajun - in a little over 3 minutes, although the match could have been over after about thirty seconds had it not been for Awesome wanting to hurt the poor little ginger haired jobber some more. Punches were followed by a couple of clotheslines, then a bodyslam and a spinebuster. An Awesome Splash off the top popped the crowd but only got two before Awesome pulled LeRoux off the floor. It didn’t take long after that and Awesome finished it brutally with a Double Awesome Bomb for the 1-2-3, much to the delight of “Dirty” Dutch Mantell at ringside. But Awesome wasn’t finished and he nailed another Awesome Bomb to LeRoux, strictly for the hell of it.

[72/54/63]

- Preparing For ‘His’ Arrival -

Being only one week away from the arrival of ‘The Anointed One’, we headed backstage to the domicile of The Brethren in the middle of yet another ritual. This one involved a candle bridge with seven candles. Six were lit, with the five known members in view.

James Mitchell: Child……come.

Out of the surrounding darkness steps the sixth member of The Brethren and the fifth disciple of ‘The Sinister Minister’ - Luna Vachon. She steps forward, the face paint creeping up the left side of her face, haloed from the light of the candles. Mitchell holds forward his sceptre and Vachon kisses it lightly before dropping to one knee. Mitchell ‘knights’ her with the sceptre before pointing at the candle bridge.

James Mitchell: This……is your candle my child. It is the most important of the six you see here, it gives the light needed to bring him here. In seven rotations he arrives, and this…..this sickening place will begin its descent to the dark place.

The candle in the middle remains unlit, presumably it will be lit next week, when ‘He’ arrives…..

[73]

= COMMERCIAL BREAK =

- London Calling Corino -

Already in the ring coming back from commercial was “The King of Old School” Steve Corino and his opponent for the night, a smaller and lighter man - identified by Mike Tenay as Paul London. Corino had obviously just cut a promo for the live crowd as he had a microphone in his hand. The match itself was quite good but knowing what Corino is capable of - and the whole premise of this angle being to debut some promising youngsters - it was a disappointment, or maybe my standards were just set to high, but after London in RoH, I wanted more here. Like last week Corino was in control for the most part but London did get in a few flurries which got the crowd interested and when he connected with a Springboard Headscissors off the top rope it looked like London may cause an upset. Corino though responded by raising his game even more to a level that London - though he tried - couldn’t match. Even then though it took a little work to put London away which he eventually managed, avoiding a Missile Dropkick off the top from London and nailing a Lariat for the 1-2-3! After the bell Corino helped London to his feet and shook the youngsters hand as TNA went to another merchandise shilling.

[80/58/69]

== STEVE CORINO “I’M THE KING, YOU’RE A CHUMP” T-SHIRT! ONLY $20! ==

- One Down, Fifteen To Go -

Next up the NWA X Division Championship was on the line as the champion Low Ki began his run of defences against Jose Maximo, who had Joel with him at ringside, their brief brotherly battle apparently not leading to any feud. This match was largely Low Ki’s, his offence effective and loud. His kicks finding their mark each and every time and his suplexes quick and painful. However Jose did get some time to show what he could do and the crowd actually popped loudest for the Maximos and not Ki, but then again, a ref bump followed by the Spanish Fly will do that to any wrestling fan, even if Ki did kick out before the three. Back with a conscious referee though it went back to one on one and Jose Maximo just didn’t have the proficiency needed as a singles wrestler, falling victim to the Ki Krusher for the 1-2-3. The real talking point of the match occurred after the bell however as “The Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels appeared on the stage, applauding Low Ki’s triumph. Ki though was in no mood to celebrate after spotting Daniels however, instead staring straight at “The Fallen Angel” as TNA headed to a quick season ticket shill.

[78/53/65]

The NWA X Division title has gained in image.

== TNA SEASON TICKET! $25 FOR 4 SHOWS! SAVE $15! ==

- The Contract Is Signed -

Back from the commercial break Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat stands in the ring alone, a microphone in his hand, a table and two chairs in front of him. On the table sits a pen and a sheet of paper.

Ricky Steamboat: Ladies and gentlemen, at this time, before we get to our main event of the evening, it is time for the contract to be signed for the X Division Showdown! I ask at this time that you welcome both the participants. First, from Kyoto, Japan………please welcome, the Ultimo Dragon!

Oriental style music strikes up through the PA system and the image of a dragon engulfs the video wall to the left of the stage. Smoke spouts from the sides of the stage before Ultimo Dragon steps through the curtain onto the ramp - in an orange mask, cape and tights - to a good pop from the crowd. Ultimo enters the ring and bows in a show of respect to Ricky Steamboat who bows back. Ultimo’s music finishes and there is a moment of silence….

Ricky Steamboat: And now, will you please welcome the second participant. From San Diego, California……….Rey Mysterio Jr!

“Is it a bird? Is it a plane? NO! It’s Rey Mysterio Junior!“ - Rey Mysterio Jr. emerges from the back to a monumental pop from the crowd. Mysterio is wearing his mask unlike the days of yore in WCW and he too heads to the ring, shaking hands with Ricky Steamboat. He takes the seat opposite Ultimo, while Steamboat stands between them.

Ricky Steamboat: Alright, in my hand I hold the contract that in a few moments you both will sign. It contains the stipulations you have both agreed to: a thirty minute time limit; one fall to a finish; disqualifications in effect; count-outs in effect and an X Division Championship match for the winner to be redeemed at any time in the next twelve months. Agreed?

Both men nod and Steamboat drops the contract onto the table. First to sign is Ultimo Dragon, who graciously hands the pen to Mysterio, who looks straight into the eyes of Ultimo Dragon as he signs his name. Both men rise to their feet and shake hands as Steamboat shows the signed contract to the fans.

Ricky Steamboat: It’s now official, next week! Ultimo Dragon versus Rey Mysterio Jr. In NWA: Total Nonstop Action!

[87]

== COMMERCIAL BREAK ==

- Russo Just Won’t Quit Will He? -

Our main event of the evening saw us transported back to the mid 1990’s as Scott Hall took on Vader in an enjoyable but by the numbers brawl which harked back to the good ol’ days of 1995 and slow, methodical brawls. However for some reason in this match Scott Hall was mighty pissed off and began to stiffen up his punches. This is normally fine when it is any normal wrestler as they’ll just absorb the blows and complain later. Not with Vader though! Vader raised the tempo and began to literally beat Hall to a pulp, busting open “The Bad Guy” above the eye with a Cactus Jack special. From then on Vader was in control, Tenay putting Hall’s weakening state down to “blood loss”. This weakened state allowed Vader to even nail the Powerbomb but the impact sent Hall to the floor, where Vader continued the beat-down. However Vader wasn’t booked to go over and as Scott Hall finally began to fight back and rally against the odds, it was Jeff Jarrett and Vince Russo again making their presence felt as Russo attempted unsuccessfully to distract the referee, who saw Jarrett nailing Hall with a guitar and with no other option for it the referee called for the bell, ruling it a DQ win for Hall. After the bell Jarrett and Russo entered the ring and started to beat down Hall some more, only for Vader to come to the rescue, angry at being cost the match. One Powerbomb later and not Jarrett but Russo was out cold in the middle of the ring and Jarrett scarpered to the aisle, Vader screaming at him from the squared circle as TNA left the air.

[74/79/77]

And we close the show with……………

==================

DON WEST’S SHILLING!

==================

Don West: OOOOHH MIKE WE’VE GOT A GREAT LINE-UP NEXT WEEK, HEADLINED BY THE MOST ANTICIPATED MATCH IN TNA HISTORY! REY MYSTERIO JR. VERSUS ULTIMO DRAGON! BUT THAT’S NOT ALL MIKE! WE’VE GOT LOW KI BACK IN THE HOUSE FOR ANOTHER CHAMPIONSHIP DEFENCE! WE’LL FIND OUT WHAT TONIGHTS MAIN EVENT MEANS FOR JEFF JARRETT AND SCOTT HALL AND OF COURSE, WE’VE GOT THE ARRIVAL MIKE………OF ‘THE ANOINTED ONE’!!!! DON’T MISS IT!

Overall Show Rating: 72%

We got a 0.18 buy rate for 'Total Nonstop Action'!

The attendance was 3224 people.

We made $450000 from pay-per-view revenue.

We made $38688 from ticket sales.

Writing as you read seems to be the new trend, so I think I'll give it a twirl myself.

The Russo segment. Well, I guess giving Jarrett an executive consultant isn't anything too bad, but I would've personally liked to see him on his own. This, to me, makes him seem like an underling of Russo's, and as your biggest heel, in my opinion it would be better to have him stand on his own. Loved Russo's part in this promo of sorts though, for what it's worth, and a Dusty VS Russo, old school VS new school does have me somewhat excited, if that's what you're heading towards.

Killings VS Disco? Pure filler. The right man went over, but neither has been involved in anything noteworthy so far, so I'll just call it a nice treat for the fans judging by the match rating, and move on.

Awesome squash. Yay. Glad to see he's back to his animalistic ways. While I was reading this, I was thinking. Is there a heel you're planning on pushing who doesn't have a manager? I mean Jarrett has Russo, Awesome has Mantell, and The Annointed One, who I still say will be The Wall, has Mitchell. Having mouth-pieces is all well and good, but when everybody has a mouth-piece, it lessens the point.

Speaking of heels and managers, here's another Annointed One hype skit. Luna Vachon? Interesting, I guess. I hope you have plans to have her manage the team of Lestat and whoever his partner is... Sorry, I've drawn a blank. It'd make sense, since they are married and all, and it'd allow Mitchell to focus more of his time on next week's debutant, with The Lost Boys biting at his ankles, yearning for praise from their master.

Corino bores me. Sorry, but he cut a promo on his debut saying that he was here to regain the NWA Title, but ever since he's been caught up in his "side-quest". If he's ever gonna even come close to being a believable challenger, you need to do something with the poor guy, because quite frankly I care less and less about him every week. :P

So, Low Ki goes over Joel, and I'm left wondering if Jose will be next. Daniels coming out and staring Ki down was a nice touch, but if we're gonna see the same thing for another fifteen weeks, I'm not a fan. It completely overshadows the rest of your X-Division from where I'm sitting, and makes everybody bar Daniels look weak as a challenger.

Like I told you on MSN, I'm not a fan of your Ultimo/Rey build, and personally think it's being a little over-hyped here. The Ricky Steamboat announcement was enough in my view, and their match should've happened this week. I'm also not a fan of Rey Mysterio Jr. re-donning the mask for what could be a one-shot appearence. Sure, he put it back on for the WWE, but there he was signed to a huge, big money contract with the biggest promotion in the world. For a start-up job like TNA, I don't think he'd be so quick to betray his Mexican roots, and put the mask back on after he'd already lost it in a big match. However, it's bound to be a kickass bout between the two, and I'd likely buy the PPV just for that.

Haha, I love the thought of Vader stiffing the shit out of Hall. You don't mess with Leon White and live to tell the tale, people. Russo and Jarrett of course ruin the finish, but I'm happy anyway, as Vader got to powerbomb that whiny little New Yorker. I hope this leads to some sort of Vader/Jarrett program.

So, re-reading the preview, what did "The Bad Guy" have to say? Absolutely nothing, people. Didn't open his mouth once. Man would I ever be pissed off after reading that, and tuning in to find nothing of the promise. Perhaps Hall was pissed because you cut his mike time. All in all, it looked like you were building towards next week the entire show. I can expect some sort of Russo/Vader/Jarrett/Hall segment, Low Ki steamrolling over another X-Division jobber, an awesome Ultimo/Mysterio match, the debut of The Annointed One, and I've gathered all of this WITHOUT looking at West's stupid rant at the end. This was a complete and utter build show and very little else, so I cannot in good conscience rank this very high, but the build was good, so I'll let you off.

Haven't replied to this in a while, allow me to give my thoughts on this show;

- Unlike Burning Dragon, I really like the addition of Russo to Jarrett, these two are always gold on the stick, and you portray both to a tee so I can expect some entertaining stuff in the upcoming weeks. This promo was good, and sets the stage with Russo as Jarrett's consultant.

- Killings versus Disco was alright, I like the team of Killings and Konnan but don't see them as being the ones to take the titles from the pitbulls. They have a nice cult following being built, I'd like to see them in something meaningful soon though.

- Awesome continues his dominance destroying Leroux, and pleasing Mantel. I think Dutch needs some more mic time soon or his whole fight is going to be forgotten. I think you should keep Leroux around for the X Division though, he's pretty funny on the microphone and bring in someone like SharkBoy to team him with and you could have gold!

- The Brethren is being built nicely, another weirdo is added in Luna. Like BD said I'd like to see her manage Sinn and Lestat, leaving Mitchell to cater to the Annoited one and the Lost Boys. I want "Him" to be the Wall but I think that's too obvious as a choice.

- Old School Challenge served its purpose and gives Corino a reason to be on TV, though he should get more mic time!

- I like the possibilty of Low Ki versus Daniels but I hope we see something unexpected happen while Ki tries to go through all of the X Division, because if he goes over all of them it makes the rest of the Division look really week.

- I actually liked the contract signing, it allowed TNA fans to see both men before the big match, and added anticipation. Both wearing the masks is cool, I don't think the match would be as interesting if Misterio hadn't put it back on.

- Hall and Vader potatoing each other was the shit, I could really get into a Vader vs Jarrett segment. Push Vader as the monster he is, and Jarrett as the cowardly heel.

All in all a good show to build for next weeks Super Event, with the debut of the annoited One and Misterio versus Dragon. Keep up the awesome work AD.

Read through this today, pretty good stuff so far.

So far, I have really enjoyed the diary. I am liking The Brethern myself, but I think that it is taking too long for the Annointed One to show up. Having Gangrel is always a good thing for me, I've always liked the guy.

Jeff Jarrett as champion... bleh. He is a good pick, I'll admit it. It is realistic to do, he's in control. He is talented and charismatic (to some extent). He is over (game wise). If you continue to make him a solid heel champion, I have no complaints there.

The whole Rhodes/Jarrett thing is boring to me. It is being done now in TNA, so I don't want to read about it in 2002. Just does not excite me at all. Dusty is a charismatic guy, no doubt, but he just comes off boring to me in this diary.

Glad to see Christopher out of TNA. He is not needed.

CM Punk and his straight edge gimmick > TNA :thumbsup:. No, but seriously, you are doing a great job with him there, and I look forward to seeing him dominate in the Young Lions Division there.

Steve Corino and the Old School Challenge is also gold. I see this only being able to last for 2 months at most before it gets stale, so I hope that someone talented and over will come in and end the Challenge.

The Pitbulls are getting a nice push, which is not a bad thing. However, the Tag Tournament was not good to me. It came off as boring, and was not an exciting show for me.

The X-Division has been good so far. Low-Ki is a great wrestler, and I am a fan of his. Also with talent such as Daniels, Styles, Moore, etc., great matches will be able to be put on. I for one, would like to see American Dragon come into the X-Division, although he doesn't nessecarily fit the style. Also would love to see Spanky, Paul London, and Amazing Red in the X-Division.

Scott Hall is a waste of time for me. He is not exciting, and just comes off as a problem for TNA to me. I'd try and job him out, although I don't see Hall allowing that.

Rey Mysterio and Ultimo Dragon... as soon as you said that 2 stars would be coming in for the X-Division, Mysterio was an obvious selection. I wasn't sure if Ultimo or Jushin Liger would come in, as Liger is great as well. That match should be great, and I hope to see a better write up than normal for that excellent match.

I was sad, however, that you lied to us though. You said in your Preview for the 'Return Match' Show that 'The Brethen will be here and they’ll tell us exactly when ‘He’ arrives, tonight!', but I saw nothing of the Brethen in your show. You saddened me. Yes, card is always subject to change, but still... it is The Brethern!

I would like to see the good TNA stuff continue, as you are doing a good job with it here.

I hope that I wasn't in the wrong by posting with the last post being April 23rd, but I really like this so far, so I felt the need to give feedback.

• 1 year later...