Crimson Red

IDOL

Guest Jackson

I reckon Holly should be pushed, lol.

But nice update, just read a lot of this diary, and I like it, and I like its simplicity. The draft night was great, and I like the trades too, very realistic. And I think that perhaps someone will step in for Grenier on RAW...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WWE RAW Results

May 09, 2005

Live from Wilkes Barre, PA

RAW kicked off with a video package highlighting what went down last week in the DRAFT, with major emphasis on Benoit and Christian leaving, and Booker T and Hardcore Holly joining the RAW side. The package proclaimed "After RAW left the air" and switched to graphics explaining the trades made after RAW, the package ended and the Union Underground's RAW opener brought the show live into the arena.

Kicking Things Off With The Highlight Reel...

The ring was completely decked out with the Highlight Reel set, and Chris Jericho stood in the ring directly in front of the obesely expensive Jeritron 5000. Once his music died down, Jericho brought the microphone up to his mouth and began to work his magic.

Chris Jericho: "Welcome once again to RAW IS JERICHO!! And what better of a way to kick off the flagship show of the WWE with another edition of the most exciting talk show on television today... thee HIGHLIGHT REEL!"

The fans popped for Jericho, and he smiled. Chris took off his sunglasses and allowed them to rest atop his head.

Chris Jericho: "And all of the Jerichoholics out there, they're wondering... they're wondering one thing! And that is, who Chris? Who is going to be your guest on tonight's show?"

Jericho looked around for the crowd to react and they did so.

Chris Jericho: "Well tonight's guest is the man that just last week went toe to toe with RAW's World Heavyweight Champion, he's one of the newest RAW Superstars, HARDCORE HOLLY!"

"How do ya' like me now?" roared over the speakers and Hardcore Holly's music played. Holly came walking out to the ring, to mixed reactions. He was dressed in red and black ring attire for the night. He got into the ring and Jericho handed him a microphone.

Chris Jericho: "Welcome to the Highlight Reel, Bob. You know last week, you put on quite a show, and I must say you took it right to Batista."

Hardcore Holly: "You're damn right I did Jericho, I took Batista to his limit like only I could! He might'a came out with the win, but you bet your ass he worked for it."

Batista chants began circling around the crowd.

Hardcore Holly: "Ya' go ahead, and ya'll chant his name, because after las' week I've come to realize Chris, that all his hype is true, and Batista's the man here on this show. After las' week, I have nothing but respect for Batista."

Chris Jericho: "Woah, woah! This is HUGE news Bob. Last week you got right into Eric Bischoff's face and told him that Batista wasn't even a man, and now this week you're saying you have respect for Batista?"

Hardcore Holly: "You're damn right I do, and" -

"TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!"

The fans erupted in disapproval as Motorhead's song played over the speaker, marking the entrance of the former World Heavyweight Champion Triple H. Helmsley wasn't alone this evening though, as Ric Flair was with him, as well as the man that came to his aid last week during the RAW and Smackdown brawl, Chris Masters. Holly and Jericho stood in the ring watching the three men who marched into the ring with arrogance on their faces.

Chris Jericho: "Wow, it's the three blonde jackasses, to what do I owe the favor tonight on the Highlight Reel!?"

With Flair and Masters standing behind him, Triple H took a microphone out of his pocket.

Triple H: "Shut up Jericho, I have something to say and you're going to listen!"

Helmsley glared at Jericho and continued on.

Triple H: "What is this? Huh? Bob "Hardcore" Holly, the self proclaimed toughest bastard in the entire WWE standing in the ring saying he respects Batista?"

Holly raised his eyebrow and mouthed something at Helmsley that wasn't audible.

Triple H: "Hardcore Holly and Chris Jericho having some sort of little Batista appreciation ceremony, with all of these little fans chanting the Champion's name."

Helmsley paused and looked around sparking chants of "Batista! Batista!"

Triple H: "Well Bob that, just like your entire career is nothing but a joke!"

Helmsley snarled and Holly went to get into his face, Flair and Masters were quick to keep him at bay.

Triple H: "It doesn't matter how much, or how loud these people chant his name, because the fact of the matter is that Batista is living on borrowed time! He's on my time, and sooner than latter, whether you like it or not I will be once again the World's Heavyweight Champion!"

Triple H looked around and the fans booed some more.

Chris Jericho: "Well that's all fine and dandy jacko, but tell me why in the hell are you out here interrupting MY show?"

Triple H: "Why? Because I can, because this ring is my world, and I'm surrounded by guys that make sure it stays that way. Ric Flair, the sixteen time World champion, and the man we single handedly selected to groom for success. The most powerful man on RAW, and a man who unlike two other ingrates that we once ran with will not bite the hand that feeds him Chris Masters! Better yet Jericho, you should be thanking me."

Helmsley smirked and paused for a moment

Triple H: "Thanking me for saving your stupid little interview segment here, after booking a guy on your show that got his ass kicked last week!"

Once again Holly went after Triple H but Jericho this time stopped him.

Chris Jericho: "Woah, woah Hunter. Yeah, Hardcore lost to Batista last week in a non title match I know it, you know it hell everyone knows it. But Hunter, if memory serves me correctly didn't you lose to him TWICE on Pay Per view for THE TITLE!?"

Triple H grimaced at the slam received from Jericho, then WHAM! He nailed Jericho with a kick below the belt and like a pack of dogs Flair and Masters joined in on the beat down. Holly wouldn't stand for it and came to Jericho's aid leveling Flair with a clothesline. Just as Jericho and Holly were mounting an offensive, Masters steamrolled Y2J with a polish hammer! Hardcore Holly was soon over taken and Triple H ripped off his tie and shirt. With Masters and Flair holding Holly's arms Triple H began pounding away at his face.

"CAN YOU DIG IT? SUCKA!!!"

Booker T then stormed down the ramp with a steel chair in hand, he charged full speed and slid into the ring. CRACK! A shot leveled Masters over the back, dropping him to the mat. CRASH! Another shot took Flair out. Triple H quickly ran in retreat as Booker T took a wild swing at his head. Booker called Triple H on as Flair and Masters joined Triple H at the bottom of the ramp. Holly and Jericho were getting back to their feet as RAW went to commercial.

EWR Rating: 84%

Hardcore Holly gained 2 points of overness

Steven Richards Meets RAW's Newest Import

RAW returned to the air with Steven Richards' music playing, and the "GM of Heat" standing in the ring his opponent hadn't been mentioned. A quick graphic came up on the screen and Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler informed everyone that tonight's Main event had just been signed over the commercial break and that tonight we'd see Hardcore Holly, Chris Jericho and Booker T team up to take on triple H, Ric Flair and Chris Masters! Then some music not heard on RAW before overtook the speakers and the mighty Luther Reigns stepped out through the curtain, Jim Ross noted that Reigns was one of the men traded to RAW after the Draft Lottery last week. Luther got into the ring, and Richards immeadiatly launched his attack with a flurry of punches. Luther was taken off guard momentarily, but after reversing an Irish Whip attempt walloped Richards to the mat with a sickening big boot. From that point on Luther's attack never stalled. Richards cowered in the corner trying his best to block Reigns' kicking and stomping. Sick of playing around, Reigns grabbed Richards by the throat with both hands and chucked him out of the corner before hitting a huge side walk slam that knocked the wind out of Stevie. Luther lifted Richards back to his feet and tucked his head underneath his arm pit before nailing his patented swinging neck breaker for the cover and the win.

Winner: Luther Reigns

-OR:70% -CR:63% MQ:78%

Reigns stared into the camera with a frown on his face and pounded his chest as the referee raised his arm. He began making his way to the back after an impressive RAW debut when the show went to the back.

A Blessing In Disguise?

The scene was set in Eric Bischoff's office and the RAW General Manager was shown looking at the latest edition of RAW magazine with an article on Rhyno. Bischoff rubbed his still tender ribs at the sight of Rhyno performing the Gore in the picture, but Bischoff soon tossed the magazine to aside when the phone rang.

Eric Bischoff: "Yeah, yeah I do need to talk to you head to my office right now. I've got a solution to this whole Rhyno problem."

The office door opened and Robert Conway walked into the office with a none too happy look on his face. Bischoff hung up the phone and returned his attention to Conway.

Eric Bischoff: "Robert Conway, what can I do for you?"

Robert Conway: "What can you do for me? What CAN you do? I'll tell you what you can do, you can get on the phone with Theodore Long and negotiate for either Sylvain to come back on RAW, or switch me to Smackdown, that's what you can do!"

Eric Bischoff: "You want me to get on the phone and negotiate another trade?"

Robert Conway: "Yeah, that's exactly what I want you to do."

Eric Bischoff: "Well Robert, I can't do that. You see, I bent over backwards to seal the deal on those trades that went down after RAW. I basically had to bend over backwards for some of those trades and I'll be damned if I let Theodore Long see me like that again."

Robert Conway: (looking ticked off) "Whatever, so Sylvain's gone now, what am I supposed to do now, huh?"

Eric Bischoff: "Well Robert, that's for you to figure out. That's the beauty of the Draft Lottery. This could be your big break,  in fact Sylvain getting drafted to Smackdown could turn out to be a blessing in disguise. You know what Robert, maybe you should take some time off to figure some things out for yourself."

The office door opened once again, and this time Matt Morgan stepped into Bischoff's office. Conway turned and left.

Matt Morgan: "What do you mean you've found a solution to the Rhyno problem?"

Morgan had a smile on his face, looking excitedly at Bischoff.

Eric Bischoff: "I mean exactly what I said!"

Bischoff slapped Morgan on the back and continued on.

Eric Bischoff: "The way I see it, no matter what we do the guy somehow gets into the building anyway, so next week Rhyno's suspension will be lifted."

Matt Morgan: "Woah you're lifting his suspension? That's like setting him loose, how's that solving the problem!?"

Eric Bischoff: "Well if Rhyno's suspension is lifted then that means he can compete here next week in say a no disqualification match!? And I couldn't think of a more fitting opponent than say Big Matt Morgan, my right hand man!?"

Bischoff assuring Morgan that there was more to his stipulation that it seemed, and Morgan broke a smile.

Eric Bischoff: "So next week, live on RAW it's going to be Rhyno versus Matt Morgan in a No Disqualification Match! And Matt, tonight I've taken the liberty of signing for you a warm up match tonight against a new Smackdown recruit."

Matt Morgan: "A new recruit huh, wait which one?"

With a worried look on Morgan's face, RAW went to another commercial break.

EWR Rating: 70%

The World's Greatest Duo Once Again...

When RAW returned from commercial break, the show picked up in Shelton Benjamin's locker room where he sat on the bench with the Intercontinental Title over his arms. The locker room door opened and Shelton looked up a but surprised.

"Shelton Benjamin!"

In walked Charlie Haas, Benjamin’s former Tag Team partner and one of last week's RAW draftees.

Shelton Benjamin: "Well if it ain't Charlie Haas... how are ya' doin' man!"

Benjamin shook hands with Haas, looking glad to see his friend.

Charlie Haas: "Well I'm good, just not as good as you Mr. Intercontinental Champion!"

Benjamin smiled and did his best to look a bit embarrassed.

Shelton Benjamin: "Hey.. what can I say?"

Charlie Haas: "Nah man, I'm proud of ya I really am, you've become a big player over here on the RAW side, and I'm glad to see it. You deserve it. But hey, you've got a match tonight right?"

Shelton Benjamin: "Yeah, against Big Vis."

Charlie Haas: "Woah.. he's a big boy.. you going to need some help?"

Shelton Benjamin: "Help?"

He looked surprised

Shelton Benjamin: "Help? Sheesh have ya' forgotten who you're talkin' to? You're talkin' ta' MISTER Benjamin! But if you wanna have my back tonight I ain't gotta problem with that."

Charlie Haas: "You know what, I'll take you up on that. Good luck tonight man."

EWR Rating: 69%

The Champion Sets The Gauntlet...

From there RAW went to the interview position where Maria stood next to Batista. The World Heavyweight Champion was decked out in a pin striped suit topped off with designer shades and his title belt rested over his shoulder.

Maria: "Batista, you've requested this interview time because you said that you had a very important announcement tonight for all of the RAW superstars and the fans watching at home."

Batista: "That's right Maria I asked for this interview time here to make an announcement.. an announcement that concerns each and every guy in the back that's gunning for my title."

Batista had to stop for a moment to let the Batista chants die down a little

Batista: "The way I see it I beat Triple H's ass at WrestleMania for this title, and two weeks ago at Backlash I beat his ass again to hold onto it. So In my opinion Triple H has done and used up any stipulation that granted him another shot at this World Heavyweight title!"

The fans cheered, agreeing completely with the champion

Batista: "So with Triple H on the same ground as everyone else there's an open opportunity for anyone to be the next guy in line for a shot at this title. Triple H though I'd hate to say it... said it best when he said I have a huge target on my chest now that I hold this title. Well Maria there ain't a guy in the back who doesn't at least want a shot at this title."

Maria: "So what are you saying?"

Batista: "What I'm saying is this; next week here on RAW the next challenger for the World Heavyweight Title will be decided, and if Triple H wants another shot he'll have to fight for it like everyone else because next week there's going to be a twenty man over the top rope Battle Royal here on RAW to name the new number one contender. So boys, if you want a shot the Animal's set the stage. Show up on RAW next week and EARN IT!"

With that Batista left and the cameras returned to the arena as Jim Ross and Jerry the King Lawler reacted to the news of a number one contenders Battle royal next week!

EWR Rating: 76%

Shelton Benjamin versus Viscera

Charlie Haas accompanied Shelton Benjamin to the ring for the contest and the fans cheered big time for the two, Vis's reaction wasn't so stellar. Benjamin controlled the match from the get go giving all indication that his speed was far too superior for Vis to match with any skill he possessed. The Big Man did get out of the way of a big Stinger Splash and land a charging squash of his own in the corner but his spree of offensive lead was short lived as he found himself the subject of a huge T-Bone Suplex not too long after. the fans popped big for Benjamin's ability to pull off the move on the near 400 pounder.

Winner: Shelton Benjamin

OR:55% -CR:60% -MQ:46%

Charlie Haas came in and raised Shelton's hand after the match. He took the Intercontinental Title into the ring and handed it to him, then the two posed before RAW went to yet another commercial break.

Lack Of Competition Opens The Door To A New Challenger...

RAW returned with the WWE Women's champion Trish Stratus in the ring, her music was dying down and the Women's title was on her shoulder. She had on ring attire and brought the microphone up to her face as the fans booed her.

Trish Stratus: Thank you.. thank you all very much for the kind reception.. you don't know how much it truly means to me.. really."

She smiled at the fans and acted as if they were showering her with the greatest of compliments.

Trish Stratus: "I've come to a conclusion since Backlash when I kicked Christy Hemme's ass for the.. SECOND TIME.. yes Second Time.. that the Women's division is just not what it used to be. Really I mean just take a look. This title over my shoulder represents a division full of Diva wannabes like Christy Hemme, and those other twenty in the back that no one even cares to remember their names... right? Do you guys know who they are? I don't."

Trish laughed at herself and began to walk around the ring.

Trish Stratus: "I mean what kind of a Champion am I when I represent a bunch of wannabes that couldn't wrestle their way out of a cardboard box? I won't stand for it! I won't stand for this title that I've held for four times! Four times! To be tarnished by a bunch of Diva Search losers. What I want is some competition, and if I have to look outside of the WWE that's fine because tonight I open the door to any woman that I have not faced before, any woman that can actually wrestle that is! So who's it going to be?"

For a few moments the arena sat in wait, then a funky beat came over the speakers and a spunky brown haired girl in pink and green mis-matched ring attire came out through the curtain. The crowd really didn't know who she was, and neither did the King though he said he liked what he saw. Jim Ross informed the viewers at home that the lady was Alexis Laree who has been training with the WWE in hopes of joining the active roster for a long time. Trish handed the Women's title to the referee and when Alexis slid into the ring she immediately began stomping at her.

EWR Rating: 74%

Alexis Laree gained 2 points of overness

WWE Women's Title Match

Trish Stratus© versus Alexis Laree

For those who thought Trish would take the new comer lightly, she did just the opposite maybe in hopes of proving to Miss Laree that she couldn't wrestle. But after Trish's initial onslaught of stomps and an Irish whip was reversed Alexis soon began to show the Women's Champion a thing or two about herself. Alexis took Trish down with a series of arm drags and kept the third locked, grounding the women's Champion with an arm bar. Trish made it to the ropes however and Alexis was forced to break the hold. The match went back and fourth as things progressed and Alexis scored several near falls with Trish kicking out just in the knick of time. The fans were even rallying behind Alexis move after move in hopes of seeing the her pull of the upset, Trish however would spoil their hopes by countering Laree's attempt at a reverse DDT with a roll up and a hand full of ropes to score the tainted victory!

Winner, and still WWE Women's Champion Trish Stratus

-OR:65% -CR:69% -MQ:56%

The Women's Title gained in image

Trish quickly got out of the ring as Alexis looked upset in the ring, but the fans cheered her anyway after performing a great effort in her debut on RAW!

The Smackdown! Lo Down was shown giving the viewers a reminder of what went down on Thursday Night's show, when the clips ended Matt Morgan was making his way to the ring for his "Warm up" match made earlier in the evening. Morgan took off his button up pants and black t-shirt revealing his chiseled frame and short tights ring attire with a silver striple down the side. The crowd waited in anticipation as to who his opponent would be as Eric Bischoff said it would be a Smackdown! recruit. "Deet..Deet..Deet..Deet!" the crowd cheered as the Smackdown recruit was revealed to be Shannon Moore who now found himself with a gigantic task to overcome, Moore though looked quite menacing with his spiked Mohawk and 2005 ring attire with Legion of Doom-esque spikes on the shoulders.

Matt Morgan versus Shannon Moore

Moore got into the ring and Morgan immediately began laughing at him, but Shannon kept focused. Morgan thought he'd have it easy with strength alone but Moore used his quickness to counter Morgan's initial onslaught. Shannon kept the the air to knock the big man off of his feet, and even hit the Halo on big Matt but Bischoff's hired gun refused to stay down. finally Morgan snapped and caught Moore with a huge boot to the face followed by a modified F-5 maneuver for the victory.

Winner: Matt Morgan

-OR:59% -CR:49% -MQ:69%

Matt Morgan got his hand raised, but Shannon Moore had ticked him off with the fight he put up. Morgan lifted Moore to his feet and tucked his head between his legs setting the cruiserweight up for a powerbomb. Someone had slid into the corner however, and Morgan turned to face. It was Rhyno, and the man beast charged full speed before taking Morgan down with the GORE! Rhyno pounded his chest and raised his arms in the air, next week his suspension would be lifted, could Morgan solve Bischoff's problem?

The Calm Before The Storm...

Before Raw took its final commercial break a split screen showed on one side Triple H, Chris Masters and Ric Flair heading to the ring, and on the other side the team of Chris Jericho, Booker T and Hardcore Holly. Jim Ross reminded everyone not to go anywhere because tonight's Main Event was next!

EWR Rating: 67%

Main Event: Six Man Tag Team Match

The show returned with Hardcore Holly already half way through his entrance, Jericho and Booker T each made their own entrances as well with the crowd behind them. Triple H's music served for the entrance of his team. Some trash talking in the beginning between the six men delayed the start of the match until it was decided Flair and Holly would start things off. Holly blistered Flair with heavy blows to get things going, Flair landed a low blow that allowed for him to tag in Chris Masters. Flair and Masters doubled teamed Holly and kept him segregated for the next few moments, but Holly would land a double clothesline and make the tag to Jericho. The match waged on with Helmsley and his team dominating most of it with cheap tactics, keeping Jericho from getting into his corner and tagging a partner. Jericho caught Helmsley off guard with an enziguri and tagged in Booker T who cleaned house. After a low blow Triple H hooked Booker T up for the pedigree but Booker reversed and managed to land the scissors kick on Triple H and seemed to have the match in the bag but Flair returned to the ring and delivered a low blow right in front of the referee forcing the match to end on a disqualification.

Winners: Booker T, Hardcore Holly & Chris Jericho by DQ

OR:78% -CR:80% -MQ:74%

Holly, Jericho, and Masters all got into the ring and brawled as RAW went off the air reminding everyone that next week one of these men could become the next number one contender in the Battle Royal, Spike TV seemed to end the show right at 11:00 instead of the usual 11:05.

Overall Show Rating: 70%

Best Segment: Highlight Reel

Worst Segment: Shelton versus Viscera

WWE Sunday Night Heat Results:

Sunday May 15, 2005

Taped May 9, from Wilkes Barre, PA

The new gimmick isn't complete without an image consultant!

The Sunday Night Heat opening video played on the screen, and immediately thereafter the cameras were taken to the backstage area where Billy Kidman (dressed in a blue jacket with sequins and a feather boa on it) and Miss Jackie (In a matching blue outfit with the butt cheeks cut out, oh yes those outfits are back) were in conversation, in Jackie's hand were two photos.

Billy Kidman: "Look Jackie, I told ya! If you're going to be my image consultant you've gotta give me the input I need on all of these things. (Kidman adjusted the boa) So which picture is better?"

Jackie looked over the pictures once again, and the camera took a look revealing that both pictures were of Kidman in the exact same pose, the difference being one of the black and white photos had Kidman in a black shirt while the other was in a white shirt.

Miss Jackie: "well the black definitely brings out your serious side, but the white makes you look way hotter. (Jackie giggled) I'd so go with the white!"

Billy Kidman: "There, that wasn't so bad now was it? Call my photographer and have her send me some copies."

Miss Jackie took out her cell phone as the show went to the arena where Todd Grisham and the Coach were at their announce positions.

EWR Rating: 79%

Todd Grisham: "Well I don't know what that was all about, but hello everyone and welcome once again to Sunday Night Heat! I'm Todd Grisham alongside as always the"...

Coach: "There's no introductions needed Todd, these fans know who the Coach is! Let me take it from here! This is the Coach and you're here in my crib, Sunday Night Heat!"

The sound of flashbulbs going off echoed throughout the arena, and the Titan Tron came on with what looked to be a star off of the walk of fame, this one read "Billy Kidman"

Todd Grisham: "Well folks it looks like we're kicking off Heat in style tonight with the debut of Billy Kidman and Miss Jackie, two Smackdown stars that were traded to RAW two weeks ago after we left the air."

Kidman's unique new entrance included more flash bulb like lights as he stood atop the ramp with his sequin jacket and white feather boa. Kidman turned so that his back faced the camera revealing the words "Shooting Star" on his jacket. Miss Jackie followed him to the ring where his opponent of the night, Chase Del Monte was already waiting his arrival. Kidman got into the the ring and stood with his arms out stretched while Miss Jackie took off his Jacket and boa before going to the outside.

"Shooting Star" Billy Kidman with Miss Jackie versus Chase Del Monte

The match started and the two men circled each other leading to a lockup, but Kidman showed the indy worker a glimpse of his new attitude by pushing him backwards and slapping him across the face. Kidman stated "I'm a star" to the young kid and the fans booed him.

Coach: "Look at Kidman here, showing exactly the attitude he should, Billy Kidman is a certified superstar, who does this kid think he is even being in the same ring as a star like Kidman?"

Del Monte shoved Kidman backwards, a move that proved not to be such a good idea as Kidman charged back knocking the kid down with a hard lariat. After making sure every hair was in place, Kidman lifted his opponent to his feet and tossed him outside the ropes. Billy took the referee by the shirt and held his attention while Miss Jackie put the boots to Del Monte on the outside.

Todd Grisham: "look at this! Miss Jackie shouldn't even be out here, Coach."

Coach: "You heard the conversation Todd, she's Kidman's image consultant she has to be out here to make sure Kidman looks good, and I tell ya he looks pretty good right now. Just ask that kid he's in the ring with."

Jackie rolled Del Monte into the ring allowing Kidman to make the cover for two. Kidman lifted Del Monte to his feet and continued to admonish a beating. Del Monte managed to get a little bit of offense in but Kidman caught him coming off the ropes and landed the BK Bomb. Not satisfied with getting the win there, Kidman grabbed Del Monte's arm and pulled him into position. With his opponent set perfectly Kidman climbed to the top rope and landed the shooting Star Press for the victory.

Winner: Billy Kidman

-OR:51 -CR:39% -MQ:63%

Kidman's music played once again as Miss Jackie rushed into the ring with one of the photos and a black marker. Kidman stood over the lifeless body of Chase Del Monte then took the picture and pen from Miss Jackie. With some quick motions of the wrist Kidman autographed the photo and left it lying on Del Monte's chest!

Coach: "That's how much of a professional Billy Kidman is, he stuck around to sign an autograph Todd!"

Todd Grisham: "That was a sickening display of disrespect Coach. Well fans in any light, last week on RAW the World Heavyweight Champion, Batista dropped a bomb shell, lets take a look at what the Champion had to say!"

RAW Replay: The Champion Sets the Gauntlet

A video package played highlighting what went down during Batista's interview on RAW where the World Heavyweight Champion said that Triple H had pretty much used up all of his shots at the title, and that if he wanted another one he'd have to earn it like everyone else. Batista went on to say that the new number one contender would be decided tomorrow night on RAW in a 20 man Battle Royal Match!

EWR Rating: 82%

After a brief commercial break the show returned, and Val Venis was standing in the ring, an un named opponent was standing in the corner out of sight, and there was a trash can in the center. Venis was in a pair of plain black tights, and white boots. In one hand was a microphone; in the other were his purple tights and white towel.

Sick and tired of being sick and tired...

Val Venis: "Cut the damn music!"

The music stopped as Venis looked around at the fans then scowled into the camera.

Val Venis: "Two weeks ago on RAW, the WWE was (In a sarcastic tone) SHAKEN UP A BIT, yet for me everything remains the same! (He paused for a moment) Still I have been kept off of RAW, and stuck here on Heat. If only I was drafted to Smackdown! There I would have been given a whole new opportunity to shine, but alas that DIDN'T HAPPEN!"

Venis looked pissed as he glimpsed at the tights and towel in his right hand, and then down at the garbage can.

Val Venis: "Well there's an old saying and it goes something like when all else fails it's time to take matters into your own hands. Well let me tell you, all else has failed and I'm sick and tired of being something I'm not! (He paused once again and stared at the purple tights.) Val Venis... is no more!"

Venis took the tights and towel and tossed them into the garbage can.

Val Venis: "The name's Sean Morley and everyone in the back had better take notice! The time for playing fun and games is in the past, and the past.... just like Val Venis IS DEAD!"

He tossed the microphone into the trash can, then picked it up and chucked it to the outside.

EWR Rating: 77%

Sean Morley gained 3 points of overness

Todd Grisham: "I can't believe what we just witnessed, Val Venis is no more, I guess he's Sean Morley now."

Sean Morley versus Radd Adams

After tossing the trash can out of the ring, Morley was attacked from behind by the man that was standing in the opposite corner of the ring. Adams pounded away on the back of Morley then went for an Irish Whip. His initial blast of offense seemed to only anger Morley however as he charged back from the ropes and nearly took Radd's heads off with a charging clothesline!

Coach: "Whoa! Sean Morley, if that's what he wants to be called now has definitely flipped his lid Todd, I think Radd Adams clock is about to be cleaned."

Sure enough Morley mounted the indy worker and pummeled him with closed fists. Morley got back to his feet and began weakening the back of his opponent with clubbing blows. Sean Morley lifted him up and slammed him down with a back breaker keeping it applied in a submission type position. Adams was able to briefly battle back but was caught in a Cobra Clutch Slam. Morley wrapped his opponent up in the move formerly known as the Venis fly trap for the submission victory.

Winner: Sean Morley

-OR:44% -CR:30% -MQ:59%

Morley's hand was raised in victory, and he just spat on the mat still looking unhappy before heading to the back.

Todd Grisham: "As a rather angry Sean Morley heads to the back, folks lets take a look back at last weeks RAW when Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin met up again."

Coach: "God, does everybody have to make such a fuss about that?"

RAW Rewind: The World's Greatest Duo Once Again

Another RAW rewind replayed Charlie Haas entering Shelton Benjamin's locker room and telling him how proud he was for what Benjamin had accomplished, and that he'd have his back on RAW. It also showed Benjamin scoring a win over Viscera and the two celebrating afterward.

Todd Grisham: "And folks don't go away as Charlie Haas will be in one on one action tonight against Maven in Sunday Night Heat's Main Event"

EWR Rating: 77%

A Tag Team showdown for RAW...

When Sunday Night Heat returned, the World Tag team Champions, Tajiri and William Regal were shown with Christy Hemme in the back hallway, Tajiri was mumbling something in Japanese, and Regal seemed to comprehend it.

Christy: "Well guys it was fun talking to ya, I'll see you later."

The two paused for a moment and watched Christy walk off, each seemed to like what they saw as they looked dazed for a moment, but Regal shook his head and snapped out of it.

William Regal: "Yes Tajiri, I understand how big of a matchup it is that Eric Biscoff signed for tomorrow night on RAW, and yes Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty are an extraordinary team. But young lad, they have never done on thing, and do you know what that is?"

Tajiri thought about it for a moment then shook his head no.

William Regal: "Ah, I thought so, you see lad even back in their hey day the Rockers never manage to do one thing and that was claim these World Tag team titles."

Tajiri smiled and shook his head.

William Regal:"Besides we'd much rather put our titles on the line against a quality team like Michaels and Jannetty than those miserable toe rags Simon Dean and Maven."

EWR Rating: 74%

Marty Jannetty gained 1 point of overness

Shawn Michaels lost 2 points of overness

With a sickened look on Regal's face, Heat went back to the arena.

Todd Grisham: "Wow, that's going to be another huge match for RAW tomorrow night, the Rockers versus Tajiri and william Regal for the World tag Team titles!"

Coach: "Oh please, I'd hate to burst your bubble Grisham but The Rockers are a thing of the past, and if you think they have a shot at winning the titles tomorrow night you're a bigger idiot than I thought."

Todd Grisham: "Well I'd beg to differ Coach, but anyway back to the show. Let's head to the ring as Maven has already made his way out for Heat's Main Event!"

Charlie Haas versus Maven with Simon Dean

Maven stood in the ring as Simon Dean stood behind him and tried to pump him up for his big match. Charlie Haas' music played and the fans gave him a warm reaction, Haas wasted no time as he rushed into the ring and leveled both Maven and Simon dean with hard right hands.

Todd Grisham: "Charlie Haas means business tonight, look at him go to work!"

Coach: "Have you forgotten Maven is a product of the Simon system, Todd? Haas is just getting lucky in the early going."

Dean rolled out of the ring holding his jaw, leaving Maven to fend for himself again the former all American who unleashed his amateur ability on Maven. He grounded the cocky Tough Enough champion and applied a leg hold. Maven was able to reach the rope with Dean's help as he pushed the rope in. Charlie Haas rolled out of the ring and chased after the fitness expert, on his way around the ring Simon tossed in his gym bag. Haas gave up the chase and rolled back into the ring.

Todd Grisham: "Haas better watch out, that cheating Maven has the gym bag!"

Coach: "It's only cheating Todd if you get caught, besides Grisham Maven's just trying to introduce Haas to the Simon System!"

Haas got to his feet an sure enough Maven blasted him in the head with the gym bag! God only knows what was actually in it, but Maven went for the cover 1..2.. Haas got his foot on the rope. Maven jumped up and raised his hand acting as if he's won the match, but the ref pulled his arm down and revealed that it was only a two count. Maven argued with the referee allowing Haas to return to his feet. Maven went for Haas again but Charlie locked up the Exploder Suplex! He went for the cover, 1.. 2.. Haas moved in the knick of time as Dean jumped in to break the count, smashing into Maven instead. Haas grabbed dean and chucked him over the top rope, then locked on the Haas of Pain on Maven. With no where to go Maven tapped out!

-OR:70% -CR:70% -MQ:71%

Todd Grisham: "What a win by Charlie Haas!"

Coach: "Ah it was just luck Todd, the Simon System never fails, never!"

Todd Grisham: "Fans that's all we have tonight be sure to tune in tomorrow night as JR and the King bring you RAw. for the coach, I'm Todd Grisham this has been Heat, we'll see you next week!"

Overall show Rating: 57%

Best Segment: Batista Interview Replay

Worst Segment: Val Venis versus Radd Adams

With the new Smackdown guys, and some OVW workers being called up I figured it'd be easier to develop their characters if I wrote Heat out, trying a few new things such as the commentary, do you guys like it better with or without the commentary?

-Idolized

Edited by Idolized

WWE RAW Brand News and Notes

For the Week of May 9, 2005

*Randy Orton is said to be doing well on recovery from shoulder surgery and should be back in action within a couple of months. Eugene and Rob Van Dam aren't expected to be back in action for another three months.

*Alexis Laree looks to be heading into a feud with trish Stratus after her RAW debut this week. For Laree it's been a long time coming and no doubt she'll be looking to make the most of this opportunity.

*Dawn Marie confirmed earlier this week that she is in fact pregnant, this comes as a big surprise because WWE had seemingly found a role for her on RAW. It'll be interesting to see whether or not Dawn will continue to be used in an on air role.

*Rumors are circling the internet that ROH star CM Punk is about to ink a deal with WWE, but no official word has been released.

*Rhyno will meet Matt Morgan in a No disqualification match on RAW, with Eric bischoff making the match there is sure to be something else going on underneath the surface.

*Billy Kidman unveiled his new gimmick and partnership with Miss Jackie on Sunday Night Heat to a good reaction from the crowd. Kidman looks to be playing an I'm better than you type of Hollywood star gimmick.

*Val Venis officially dropped that as his ring name for his birth name of Sean Morley. WWE seemed content on using Morley as a job guy, and it's intriguing to see whether or not a push forms out of this.

*Edge missed RAW last week as part of a promotional campain going on, he will be in action this week as part of the Battle Royal.

*A number one contenders battle royal is scheduled for RAW on Monday featuring 20 RAW superstars, be sure to tune in and find out who the next challenger to Batista's World Heavyweight Title will be.

That's all for this week, be sure to check back next week for more news and rumors.

user posted image

WWE RAW Television Preview

May 16, 2005

Last week the World Heavyweight Champion set out the gauntlet, and this week's RAW looks to be action packed because of it. Batista said last week that there's room at the top for a new challenger to step forward and what better way to name a new challenger to the title than by having 20 contenders mix it up in an over the top rope Battle Royal Match? It will go down on RAW, which superstar will walk out of Omaha with a title shot going into Vengeance?

Batista says that Triple H has used up all of his shots, but the Game will participate in the Battle Royal Match, and with Triple H's new "Insurance" policy the Masterpiece in the match as well as Ric Flair, the Game's chances of walking out of RAW the number one contender are anything but bleak.

But that's not all, last night on Sunday Night Heat we learned that the World Tag team champions regal and Tajiri will be putting their gold on the line tonight against Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty! Regal was quick to point out that Michaels and Jannetty have never held the titles as a team, can the rockers do it tonight?

After being kept off of RAW last week, Edge has asked for time to speak in the ring. What will "Mr. Money in the Bank" have to say tonight?

Plus Rhyno's suspension has been lifted this week, and the Man Beast will be looking for some revenge as he steps into the ring with Eric Bischoff's hired gun, Matt Morgan. In a no disqualification environment it would seem this match is taylor made for the former ECW champion, but with Eric Bischoff pulling the strings there's bound to be something that just isn't right in this one.

Be sure to tune in tonight on SPIKE TV!

Scheduled Matches:

-World Tag Team Title Match - Regal and Tajiri versus Michaels and Jannetty

-No Disqualification Rules - Rhyno versus Matt Morgan

-20 RAW Superstars in an over the top rope Battle Royal to crown a new number one contender!

Edited by Idolized

• 1 year later...