Alan Partridge The Movie

fourstarfizzle

Knowing Me, Knowing Hollywood?

We last saw him having a breakdown in Dundee, but it appears that Alan Partridge may have finally found the stage his deluded talents deserved.

Steve Coogan, the star behind Norwich's second most famous citizen (after Delia, of course), is in talks to develop Alan Partridge the movie. According to a spokeswoman for Baby Cow, Coogan's production company, plans are in their early stages. "It's in the pipeline but we don't have any definite date."

However, one person who won't be involved is Alan Partridge co-writer and director Armando Iannucci. "My personal view is that I've taken him as far as he can go and I'd rather leave him where he is - having a nervous breakdown in a bath in Dundee. But it's up to Steve what he wants to do with it and I wish him well," he told the Guardian.

Guest Booker T & The MG's

After a long gap, the 2nd series of "I'm Alan Partridge" could have easily been really, really bad but it was still hillarious.

This movie could go either way (especially with Iannucci not being involved) but for me it leans more on the side of being good as well. However I can see why they want to leave it where it is, so many comedies (especially British) finish on a high before it goes downhill.

Alan Partridge in all his various shows is easily my favourite sitcom of all time bar none.

Steve Coogan is my idol. Is just a really funny bloke. All his characters are top notch. Alan Partridge, Simon Garden (The Parole Officer), Gareth Cheeseman, Paul/Pauline Calf. They're all awesome (There's some on 'Coogan's Run' i've forgotten like the handyman who lives in 'Ottle').

An Alan Partridge film, should rule all. This is great news (lets hope Ianucci leaving doesn't affect it too much) Lets hope it will :)

I was re-watching (well, re-re-re-re-watching) some of the first series today. I almost cried laughing at some of his TV show suggestions (most notably 'Knowing M.E. Knowing You'......), and the episode with his obsessive fan ('So, do you want me to take out Sue Cook for yer?')

But whats all this about a bath in Dundee? Series 2 ended with his book pulping.

Edited by timmayy

As great as the concept sounds, I don't know how well it'll work without Ianucci. I imagine he had less input on the character's direction in the later days anyway, but it was Coogan, Morris and Ianucci that created Alan Partridge back in the day, and Ianucci was the link to the slightly darker side of Alan...

Exactly, IN BETWEEN series 1 and 2 he drove to Dundee in his bare feet.

'We' didn't leave him in a batch-tub in Dundee, if he had six more episodes after that did we? It isn't where we left him.

I though maybe they'd been a comic relief sketch or something. Anyway, it's probably what your talking about that he's referring too.

The AP comic relief skits were awesome. The bit about his jobbing trunks and thigns people have donated bwahahaha. ANd the one where he interviewed the "Milky Bar Kid" was awesome.

MBK - I ONLY WANT A FRIEND. WILL YOU BE MY FRIEND ALAN???

AP - Erm Erm.... okay

MBK - AND WE CAN GO ON TRIPS IN YOUR CARAVAN

AP - I don't have a caravan

MBK - YES YOU HAVE I'VE SEEN IT

AP (Scared) - BUT IT'S STATIC

I fucking loved it. I can't remember it all but pure AP class. Anyone see the sketch he did with Peter Kay a few Comic Relief's ago? Pure awesome. "You have a criminal record?" bwahahahaha.

An Alan Partridge film, should rule all. This is great news (lets hope Ianucci leaving doesn't affect it too much) Lets hope it will :)

I was re-watching (well, re-re-re-re-watching) some of the first series today. I almost cried laughing at some of his TV show suggestions (most notably 'Knowing M.E. Knowing You'......), and the episode with his obsessive fan ('So, do you want me to take out Sue Cook for yer?')

But whats all this about a bath in Dundee? Series 2 ended with his book pulping.

The obsessed fan is gold. A few years ago me and a few of the lads were doing the Billingham pub to pub trek about 9 o'clock when we walked past local celebrity Jamie Bell (the ballet kid from naff Brit film Billy Elliot) playing footie (sort of, wearing loafers! I ask you! Fucking celebrities!) outside his house. One of my mates walked up to him and effectively quoted it verbatim, including not letting go of the handshake. Its you isn't it! I don't believe it!