Chelsea thread

G-O-D

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ranieri could have bought the league, but proved money can't buy success.

I'd put that down to Ranieri not using his money wisely, I know that If I had that much capital I wouldn't have spent it on half of those players. Mourinho is a good manager, but with buckets of cash at your disposal its kinda easy.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

See, look, you buy a new player on short-term when somebody gets injured, whats next signings to cover team holidays? 'Robben has gone to Amsterdam for the weekend, so we've signed Van Der Vaart to cover'

I don't know who this guy is, but hey, we'll just have to wait and see.

After the first 6 months they get to decide whether they want to continue on with the rest of the contract, or he can go straight back to Moscow.

So it can be short term...possibly.

Edit: Erm, at least that's what I read in The Times the other day. Looking at the BBC website now it seems it is just a standard 2 1/2 year deal.

Edited by stokeriño

Of course having loads of money to spend on the team helps, but there's more to it. Madrid have been buying the most known (and more expensive) players for the past 5 years and they still don't produce what they're expected. It helps having a manager who can put the individual talent as a factor to help building the team game. And Mourinho does it...

I'm not saying he would be successful in real madrid though. Maybe he would, maybe he wouldn't. Football is not that simple. There are a lot of factors involved, such as talent, physical shape, mentality, etc..

that comment about van der vaart made me laugh :lol: It does seem like that doesn't it?

I know jarosik. He's not a bad player but i second gooner4life's opinion.. Is he really worth it with the amount of midfield players chelsea allready have?

EDIT: the beggining of my post was supposed to be a reply to someone who said it's easy to do a good job when you have the money to buy all the talent, but the quote button didn't seem to work. Sorry about that.

Edited by Malenko

Chelsea ace Damien Duff has revealed he would like to end his career at Stamford Bridge.

The Irishman believes he has finally settled at the West London club after arriving from Blackburn over a year ago.

Duff had been linked with a move away from Chelsea in the summer, but the flying winger insists he has no plans to leave as he is happy at The Premiership leaders.

"All I want to do is stay at Chelsea - I love it here," said Duff.

"I kissed the badge celebrating after opening the scoring against Porto.

"I know it was a bit cheesy because I have been here 18 months, but I have fallen in love with the place and I don't want to go anywhere else."