ECW Rebirth: Heyman's $1.4 Million

Guest jumbo

After-show Quiz

- Why do you think I brought JC, SC, and Francine together as the Impact Players? Only old ECW fans may get this.

No idea

- What is Steve Corino entrance theme?

Distrubed - "A Welcome Burden"

- What song was used to introduce the PPV at the very beginning?

No idea again...

- Do you agree with the Jericho jump? Someone else would have been better?

Jericho was perfect to bring in. I was hoping for it to be Dean Malenko though.

- If there is one person you’d like to be incorporated into the new ECW, who would it be?

Rosey, he'd be perfect.

- Which person on the show would you like to me more of?

Akio

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul Heyman was living a dream. The ECW PPV went off without a hitch. Indie stars were calling from all over the globe to be apart of the new ECW. All of the wrestlers in the company were happy and paid. The people without written contracts were all asking for long-term deals. Life was good for Paul Heyman. Even a blind guy could see the grin on Paul Heyman’s face as he sat in his office in Philadelphia, going through some book work and stopping ever few seconds to admire himself. As his personal assistant Sophie entered the room, you could notice the charm in his voice.

Paul: Hey Soph, what’s going on? 

Sophie: I’m good Paul, are the rating in yet? Did we make the 400,000 buys mark?

Paul: They came in this morning. I’m just about to make the announcement to some of the guys who are working out downstairs in the gym. I hope the guys haven’t gotten their hopes too high.

Sophie: Don’t fool with me Paul, you already know the number. Just tell your favourite and only assistant.

Paul: Why don’t you just look at the message I got from Spike TV?

Paul passes Sophie over a slip of paper. Upon opening the paper, Sophie sees the following:

user posted image

Sophie: What is this?

Paul: THAT is the LOGO FROM SPIKE TV! They’ve already advertised that banner on their site and are getting pumped over ECW’s return to Spike TV!

Sophie: No way! How many buys did Rebirth do?

Paul: 420,000, twenty-thousand more buys that was expected from the network. I don’t think they have any more doubts over the ECW programming.

Sophie: Excellent, you deserve it Paul!

Paul: Thanks, now if you’ll excuse me I have to tell the guys the good news. After that, I have an EXCLUSIVE meeting with another former WWE superstar.

Sophie: Whose jumped ship now?

Paul: Not jumped ship, was fired for all of the wrong reasons. Oh well, their loss.

Sophie smiles and then leaves the office, letting Paul back to his work. Paul grins once again and looks at a contract proposal for another mystery superstar.

Event: ECW Hardcore TV

Date: June 6st, 2005

Arena: ECW Arena

The lights come back on and Rhyno is OUT in the ring. Standing on his body is Steve Corino accompanied by Francine on his left side. The former ECW centerpiece stands with one of the greatest ECW women in the ring.

Steve Corino drags Justin Credible over to Rhyno and drapes his shoulder over the mysteriously fallen man beast. Steve Corino counts along with the referee as JC gets the pinfall victory!

Justin Credible rises to his feet and him and Steve Corino stare each other down. The down look back and forth at each other until they shake hands with each other! The crowd is stunned at the new Impact Players! With Francine standing in the middle of Steve Corino and Justin Credible, the trio stands over top of Rhyno as ECW Rebirth cuts to black!

The images and audio from ECW’s Rebirth cuts from the ECW titantron and we are brought back to the ECW Arena in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The crowd is once again roaring and while the titantron is pretty much the same as the PPV, so is the excitement, the cheers, the roar, and the craziness.

The crowd slowly quiets down following the opening of Hardcore TV. A Spike TV logo is displayed in the bottom-right hand corner of the screen. “Hand That Feeds” by Nine Inch Nails is the first theme song of the night and ECW owner and mastermind Paul Heyman makes his way down to the ring. Paul wears his trademark hat and smiles, patting hands with fans as he gets into the ring. Paul grabs a microphone from the announcing table and things are off.

Paul: Let me be the first to say it out loud: ECW is BACK on SPIKE TV!

The crowd lets out it’s first of many pops of the night, starting a small “Spike TV” chant throughout the building.

Paul: I bet you Vince McMahon is SHAKING in his very boots right at this instant. I bet you he is KICKING himself over what he has let happen. [applause] Even his own ROSTER is nervous and unsure of themself. CHRIS JERICHO made the jump to the better product and SLAPPED Vince in his very face!

Jericho gets a big reaction of both boos and cheers from the crowd, who seems to remember Jericho cheating the fans after picking up a victory at Rebirth.

Paul: If people thought that ECW was hardcore the last time we were in town, you haven’t seen ANYTHING yet. The new ECW promises more high-flying action, more hardcore weaponry, and more development in wrestling. ECW is NOW.

Just like that, Paul Heyman’s opening ECW speech is finished. Short and sweet for the fans, who are itching to see some real action. The crowd begins an “E-C-W” chant as the camera pans through the crowd.

Frankie Kazarian .v. Paul London

After coming in second at ECW Rebirth in the TV Title Scramble, Paul London looks clean cut for his match-up tonight against the self-proclaimed “Wave of the Future” Frankie Kazarian. The crowd seems to be in another mood to love everybody that comes out to the ring tonight but that changes when Frankie purposely spits on his hand before shaking hands with a few of the fans.

Frankie Kazarian is a little blown away in the beginning of this match with Paul London getting a quick Enziguri and sunset flip for a long two count. Following a splash from the top rope, Frankie Kazarian goes to the outside to regroup with himself. Paul London tries to dive through the middle rope in a splash but Frankie catches him, doing a fall-away slam into the metal ring barrier!

Frankie goes underneath the ring apron and pulls out a steel chair. He dives at Paul with it but Paul ducks and Frankie hits the ring barrier. Paul London picks Frankie Kazarian up for a Manhattan Drop and Frankie throws the chair into the ring before getting hit with the move. Paul London throws Frankie into the ring post and then jumps up onto the ring apron and back down at Frankie in a crazy Swanton Flip!

As both men finally get back into the ring, London continues to work over his opponent, smashing Frankie’s head into the ropes and hitting him with a Hurricanrana. London goes to the top rope and goes for the London Calling, a Shooting Star Press but he misses and lands on his face as Frankie moves.

London gets Frankie set up again and this time heads for another Hurricanrana. Frankie goes through the move but flips onto his feet! London catches himself and runs at Frankie but Kazarian turns and FLATTENS London with the steel chair! Frankie picks up Paul London and gives him the Wave of the Future right onto the steel chair, before picking up the victory.

After the match, Frankie shows the crowd the mark on the steel chair while London tries to argue about cheating. Frankie leaves the ring and goes up the ramp, taunting London and the ECW crowd.

As the crowd settles down from the great high-flying match-up, the titantron switches to the backstage area. Bubba, D-Von, and Spike are in their business uniforms, not in wrestling action tonight.

Bubba Ray: It’s all good guys, don’t worry about Doring and Roadkill.

Spike: You know, they were a bunch of asses the last time we were here too.

Bubba Ray: It’s all good, do we all understand the plan?

D-Von: Ha ha, we’ll see how they like us soon.

The three Dudley Boyz smack hands with each other. The short and sweet promo cuts and the crowd is back for out next matchup.

Impact Players [steve Corino and Justin Credible] .v. Nova and ???

Steve Corino and Justin Credible are brought down to the ring with the lovely Francine at their side. Nova comes out for his match against the Impact Players and stops halfway down the ramp to wait for his partner’s theme song to cut in. After a few seconds, Nova seems to look at the production crew for an explanation. After waiting a few more seconds for his partner to appear, Nova shakes his head in shame and looks up into the sky. The Impact Players laugh at Nova’s lack of partner.

Nova gets into the ring and the match starts with him going against Steve Corino. The bell is about to ring when Justin Credible prevents it for a second with a microphone in his hand.

Justin Credible: It really is a shame that your partner isn’t here anymore Nova. After all, the Impact Players always bring a surprise with them.

Justin, Steve, and Francine laugh at Nova while the reinforcements walk down the ramp. Jack Victory, the other member of Impact Players before ECW closed down in 2001 is smiling across his face and laughs. Nova seems to feel a little guilty at a possible three-on-one attack with Francine in the shadows. The bell rings and Nova is forced into this match without a partner.

As Steve Corino and Justin Credible take turns tagging in for a few cheap shots, Nova begins to weaken. To make things worse, the person that isn’t tagged in the match always goes underneath the apron to throw in a weapon. Soon, a table is set up and Nova is relentless. Corino tags in a rested Justin Credible and then picks up Nova in a Spinbuster. Justin Credible goes up to the top rope while Steve Corino SMASHES Nova through the table!

Steve Corino goes outside the ring to cheer with Jack Victory and Francine while Justin Credible heads to the top rope. JC is about to jump in a legdrop onto Nova when the crowd erupts.

Hand me a line

Really hand me a line

Really hand me a line

Hand me a line

Really hand it to me

I always loved you

Love dumpling

Steven Richards appears running down the ramp. He waves to the crowd as he gets into the ring. Steven throws Justin Credible off the top rope. Jack Victory hops into the ring for an attack but is met with an incredible STEVEN KICK to the jaw! Steve Corino tries to get into the ring, but Richards sends him flying out as well. Steven and Nova make the tag and Steven waits in the ring for an opponent.

Justin Credible tries to attack Steven from behind, but is hit with a forearm smash, followed by a Snap Suplex. Steven eyes up JC, Stevie T!!! Steven Richards makes the cover and Nova double clotheslines Victory and Corino, who try to make the save. Steven Richards gets the pinfall and picks up the victory!

After the match, Nova and Steven Richards dispose the ring of the New Impact Players. The two shake hands and you can see Steven apologizing for being late. Nova forgives him and the duo heads out.

BREAK THE WALLS DOOOWNN!

The ECW crowd gives some boos to former WWE Superstar Chris Jericho as he makes his way out to the ring, microphone in hand. Wasting no time against the crowd reaction, Jericho speaks for the first time in ECW.

Chris Jericho: How honoured you should be to have Y-2-JERICHO in E-C-W! [boos] You know, my legacy in the WWE was so worthwhile and great, I thought to myself, “What can I do to top myself next?”

Jericho prances around the ring in a mini-dance, mocking the crowd and laughing.

Chris Jericho: Well, first I thought I could top myself by going back to my room with a pretty lady, stopping to buy a little gin on the way, and doing the nasty on the couch. [laugh] But then I realized that all of the women in Philadelphia are dogs anyway!

The crowd seems to love and hate Jericho at the same time.

Chris Jericho: So instead, here I am in ECW bringing the wealth and good fortune of Y2J... and Fozzy, straight to you ECW fans. [pause] Which comes to the reason why I am here. For one thing and one thing only. To become the ECW World Heavyweight Champion!

Jericho pauses to wait for the reaction.

Chris Jericho: I was the first Undisputed WWE Champion and nothing god dammit is going to stop me from winning this one! If ANYONE here in ECW tries to make a name for themselves, that’s it! No more nice guy because you don’t damn deserve it!

Rhyno .v. ???

Recovering from the very convincing promo from Chris Jericho, the crowd is lightened up with a Rhyno entrance that sends them once again into cheers. The worlds favourite man beast heads down to the ring for his match against a mystery opponent. When in the ring, the crowd waits patiently for the arrival of...

V111111111111!!!!

I can slap a tornado,

I can dry up a sea, yeah.

When I live for the moment,

There ain't no (ain't no) in me

Matt Hardy come strutting out onto the ECW ramp. The crowd BOOS him! Hardy, complete in his purple outfit and long hair comes down to the ring. The crowd is reminded that Hardy and Rhyno go way back from the WWE days. Hardy gets into the ring and him and Rhyno have a stare down.

The bell rings and Matt Hardy quickly goes to work on Rhyno, hitting him with multiple clotheslines and then pouncing on him for some punches. Matt Hardy gives out the “V1" sign before delivering a standing leg drop on Rhyno.

Rhyno slowly begins to fight back, hitting a neck breaker and superplex on a weakening Hardy. Suddenly, running down the ramp comes Chris Jericho with a steel chair in hand! He gets into the ring and FLATTENS both Matt Hardy and Rhyno!! Jericho stands tall in the ring until Tajiri comes through the crowd behind Jericho. Jericho turns around, Tajiri Kick to the head!! Tajiri throws Jericho out of the ring, along with the steel chair.

Rhyno gets to his feet first and goes over to the ring ropes to talk trash to Jericho, who is recovering while Tajiri eyes him carefully. This time loss, allows Matt Hardy to hit a LOW BLOW on Rhyno! Rhyno turns around, Twist of Fate!! Matt Hardy pins Rhyno and gets the three count!

After the match, Tajiri and Chris Jericho brawl on the outside, both trying to make use of the idle steel chair. Matt Hardy taunts them both while Rhyno slowly recovers. Matt Hardy turns around to check on his opponent, GORE! With Matt Hardy out in the middle of the ring, Rhyno standing on top of him, Chris Jericho and Tajiri both trying to get the upper hand, Hardcore TV goes off the air!

Guest DiamondDust

I'm really loving this diary. Just a thoght I had, why not bring back the Right to Censor in ECW. Possibly Steven Richards and CM Punk with a partner. That would get HUGE heat.

Paul was in his office, doing his weekly business work. He was busy looking at a certain sheet of paper, crossing out words and adding new things in. Sophie comes in and drops some sheets on Pauls desk.

Sophie: Busy?

Paul Heyman: Just doing some business work for Hardcore TV. Did the rating for Hardcore TV come in?

Sophie: You bet they did. We got a 3.1 rating compared to an all-time low for RAW’s Smackdown at 3.0 and a higher RAW rating at 4.1.

Paul: We beat Smackdown? Awesome. Do you think the advertising for ECW helped to boost RAW’s rating?

Sophie: Possibly. All I know is that Spike TV is very happy with the shows ratings because us and RAW are number 2 and 1 respectively. Got any plans for this week yet?

Paul: Do I ever! I’m going to give Jack Victory a chance to cement himself as an Impact Player, along with ANOTHER debut and a re-debut by a person who I’ve signed to a few more shows in ECW.

Sophie: Another new wrestler? Tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me.

Paul: Ye of little patience, wait young grasshopper.

Sophie: Please don’t call me a grasshopper.

Paul: Sorry. So how are you liking the Chris Jericho jump and the Matt Hardy debut?

Sophie: Loving it. I should mention that we are also beating TNA’s Impact in ratings by a TON. I bet you they are shaking in their boots!

Paul: I bet they are. We’ll see how much they shake when I steal one of their top buys away from them.

Sophie: Top draw? Raven? Is it Raven! Jeff Jarrett! That would be huge, it’s Jarrett isn’t it? Maybe Monty Brown or Abyss...

Paul: Sophie, you just leave the business to me and you go back to... whatever you do!

Sophie: Later and good luck.

Edited by Paidy

I'm on FIRE tonight. Be happy I don't feel well, the girlfriend isn't home, I have no work to do, and don't feel like sleeping. Have fun reading as I won't be home tomorrow afternoon or evening. :thumbsup:

Monday, June 13th

ECW Hardcore TV

Results

ECW Arena

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Rhyno gets to his feet first and goes over to the ring ropes to talk trash to Jericho, who is recovering while Tajiri eyes him carefully. This time loss, allows Matt Hardy to hit a LOW BLOW on Rhyno! Rhyno turns around, Twist of Fate!! Matt Hardy pins Rhyno and gets the three count!

After the match, Tajiri and Chris Jericho brawl on the outside, both trying to make use of the idle steel chair. Matt Hardy taunts them both while Rhyno slowly recovers. Matt Hardy turns around to check on his opponent, GORE! With Matt Hardy out in the middle of the ring, Rhyno standing on top of him, Chris Jericho and Tajiri both trying to get the upper hand, Hardcore TV goes off the air!

The ECW crowd is pumped up for another action-packed show. The crowd is anxious to see developments in the whole main event scene as saw last week at the end of Impact, who Billy Kidman’s mystery opponent is, if Jack Victory can still wrestle a match, and whether or not any PPV information is released.

Some random generic music hits the ECW PA system and the Impact Players, Steve Corino, Justin Credible, Jack Victory, and Francine make their way out to the ring. Upon getting into the ring, Justin Credible gets honours on “The Stick” and is the first to speak.

Justin Credible: I know exactly what the ECW fans in this building are thinking and don’t worry – you will see PLENTY more of the Impact Players in the weeks to come. [boos] In fact, you’ll see the Impact Players make the biggest Impact ever known on ECW TV right here in this building, within these two hours!

Justin Credible looks at his posse and smiles when they nod in agreement. He then hands his microphone over to Francine, who is wearing a very low-cut skirt.

Francine: That’s right and we are here to stay! You people don’t even have a clue as to what is coming. The Impact Players will be running this show next week, the week after that, the week after that. In fact, we will be running the show on July 3rd at ECW’s first Official PPV, Uprising! At Uprising, you will see the Impact Players carrying the gold, wearing the silver, and owning the bronze!

Francine hands the microphone to Steve Corino. While Jack Victory does not speak, he gives support to his stable.

Steve Corino: But now, to introduce the newest Impact Player I give you...

Steve Corino makes the dramatic pause.

Steve Corino: You sonsabitches will just have to wait and keep your eyes open!

The Impact Players’ music hits as the group laughs with each other. The crowd boos the stable for not letting them see their newest member and because of them being teased.

Billy Kidman .v. Spanky

Billy Kidman doesn’t waste his time getting to the ring. The ECW crowd doesn’t seem to know Kidman fully yet. Kidman grabs the microphone to break the silent reaction.

Billy Kidman: Who the hell would want to wrestle me? Sure, I’m the most clean cut guy you’ll ever see, the most handsome, most versatile, and best high-flier anywhere but who would hate me? I hate all of you, that’s for sure! But who could hate me?

Ayo my quality control, captivates your party patrol

Your mind, body, and soul

For whom the bell tolls, let the rhythm explode

Big, bad, and bold b-boys of old

Spanky, brief WWE star, Ring of Honor star, and Japan star makes his second appearance in ECW, the first being in the 10-man TV Title Battle Royal. Spanky gets a pop from the ECW crowd, knowing his indie experience. Kidman seems to feel a little jealous at the reaction, attacking Spanky as soon as he gets in the ring.

The crowd is treated to a real nice surprise as they watch Spanky and Kidman reverse each other’s moves like they are best friends with each other. Spanky tries to end the match quickly with the Sliced Bread #2 but Kidman flips out of it, hitting a quick lariat on Spanky.

Soon Billy Kidman throws Spanky over the top rope. As Spanky recovers, Kidman goes to the top rope and jumps with a Swanton Bomb at Spanky, who is standing up!! The two collide against the ring barrier as the crowd lets out a ‘holy shit’ chant.

Soon the match spills back into the ring where Spanky hits Kidman with the Sliced Bread #2! Kidman is layed out and Spanky heads to the top rope for his “Left Turn as Albaquerque”! Spanky jumps and turns for the Frog Splash variation but Kidman moves and Spanky comes up empty handed!

It’s Kidman’s turn to head to the top rope where he jumps in a Shooting Star Press! Spanky lifts up his knees and Kidman connects with them. From sitting position, Spanky hits Kidman with a Sunset Flip pin, 1, 2, 3!! Kidman can’t believe the three count and loss!

After the match, Spanky waists no time in leaving the ring. Billy Kidman takes a temper tantrum on the referee and the ring ropes as the ECW crowd enjoys the first match in a long time to not involve weapons.

Doring and Roadkill .v. Nova and Steven Richards

Highlights are shown of Steven Richards’ late arrival last week on Hardcore TV where he saved Nova from a two-on-one from Impact Players and eventually went on to win the match for his team. Nova carries out his Television title to the ring and Steven Richards is with him this week on time. Doring and Roadkill look ready for action and this tag match is all setup.

After both Steven Richards does some heavy brawling on both Doring and Roadkill, he finally tags in Nova, who goes airborne. Nova hits a Tilt-A-Whirl on Roadkill and Spinebuster’s Doring to lay him out. Nova attempts the Spin Doctor on Roadkill, but Roadkill tosses him nastily to the ground. Danny Doring throws Nova in a baseball bat and then goes over to trip Steven Richards from the ring apron, making him hit his head on the apron corner.

Roadkill gets ready to finish off Nova, hitting him in the gut with the baseball bat and then cracking it over his back. Suddenly, “Turn the Tables” hits and the Dudley Boyz’ theme song plays throughout the arena.

Doring stop beating on Richards outside the ring and Roadkill stops attacking Nova and the two look up to the ramp.

Sliding into the ring BEHIND Roadkill is Spike Dudley, steel chair in hand. Spike cracks Roadkill with the chair, sending him to the ground. Doring slides into the ring to help his partner but Spike cracks him as well.

Roadkill gets up, Spin Doctor from Nova! Nova gets the cover and picks up the win to make his and Steven Richards’ perfect record stay put. Spike jumps out of the ring where Bubba and D-Von have appeared. Doring and Roadkill have a classic stare-down with the three Dudley Boyz. This business is NOT over!

Paul London is backstage. Paul knocks on the door of a room and walks into Paul Heyman’s room! Heyman, caught off guard from London looks up from his work.

Paul Heyman: Paul London, what can I do for you?

Paul London: I’m here for some JUSTICE! Last week Frankie Kazarian used a STEEL CHAIR on me to pick up the victory in a classic wrestling match. I want you to do something about it!

Paul Heyman looks at London up and down before letting out a chuckle.

Paul Heyman: Look kid, this is ECW. Extreme Championship Wrestling. What do you think the whole purpose of ECW is? To fight! To get even any way possible.

London looks dejected.

Paul London: So your not going to do anything?

Paul Heyman: I tell you what. How would you like to have the very first match named at the Uprising PPV in almost four weeks time?

London smiles.

Paul Heyman: It’s just been made. Paul London verses Frankie Kazarian, part 2. Do whatever it takes to win! Welcome to ECW.

Paul London smiles and shakes hands with Paul Heyman. He begins thinking to himself before leaving the locker room.

Rey Mysterio .v. Jack Victory

Francine accompanies Jack Victory out to the ring for his match up against Rey Mysterio. Victory looks more buff since the fours years he was last in ECW. Rey Mysterio looks ready as always and even incorporates his “platform jump” entrance from the WWE. How cute.

From the beginning of the match, Francine begins yelling things out to Jack Victory, telling him to hit a certain move and when to set up for something else. Eventually, Rey Mysterio begins noticing this as he picks up on the signals and reverses them with ease. Following a leg drop from the top rope onto Victory, Francine goes underneath the ring and pulls out a ring bell, throwing it in for Victory to use.

Jack Victory slowly works his way back into the match, mostly by holding certain submissions longer than he should, and by going “low” on Mysterio. Victory throws Mysterio at the ropes, hitting him with a Manhattan Drop on the return!

Jack Victory grabs the ring bell and waits patiently for Rey Mysterio to stand up. Mysterio stands up and DUCKS the bell shot! Mysterio kicks Victory in the gut, forcing him to drop the bell, and then hits a FLYING DDT!

Rey Mysterio stands on the outer apron for Victory to get up. Francine tries to hold up Mysterio, but he kicks her to the ground. Out of the corner of the screen, Francine makes a motion.

Coming out of nowhere is former WWE and WCW wrestler, Sean O’Haire!! The big man trips up Mysterio on the ring apron. O’Haire picks up Mysterio, Death Valley Driver onto the floor of the ring!

Sean O’Haire picks up Mysterio and literally tosses him over the top rope. As Mysterio’s shoulder hits the ring canvas, Jack Victory simply performs a cocky pin on Mysterio, picking up a win for the Impact Players.

After the match, Sean O’Haire and Francine get into the ring to celebrate with Jack Victory. Victory holds up the hand of the big man, Sean O’Haire and Francine does a small dance around the ring.

Tajiri .v. Matt Hardy

As both Tajiri and Matt Hardy get into the ring for this match, Chris Jericho’s music hits and the man himself comes out. Jericho insists that he only wants to watch such a great matchup but the crowd seems to know better. To somewhat even out the sides, Rob Van Dam makes a great ECW entrance to “watch” the match with Jericho.

Matt Hardy underestimates Tajiri to start the matchup, trying to get a quick victory. Instead, Tajiri delivers some kicks to the head and Hardy has to regroup on the outside. On the outside of the ring, Matt Hardy jumps and turns around the see Rob Van Dam staring at him. Chris Jericho comes over to break up the tension between the two.

From then on in the match, Tajiri and Matt Hardy check the outside of the ring after every move to see if any action is happening. Jericho remains close to the ring to watch the show while RVD backs off a little bit.

Soon, Matt Hardy goes for the Twist of Fate to finish off Tajiri, but it is reversed and Hardy is knocked to the floor. Tajiri hops to the top rope and waits for Hardy to stand up. V1 stands up and Tajiri jumps in a diving axe handle but Matt Hardy throws the referee in front of the attack! Ref bump~!

With the referee out of this match, Steve Corino suddenly makes his way out to the ring. “Mr. Old School” attempts to attack Tajiri but Rob Van Dam makes the save! Chris Jericho attacks Tajiri from behind as RVD and Steve Corino brawl!

Matt Hardy waits in the shadows, resting himself and hoping to get an easy pinfall on Tajiri. Rhyno appears in the ring behind Hardy and waits for him silently. After stomping his feet a few times, Matt Hardy looks behind him, only to see GORE!!!!

The referee finally recovers to see total carnage in the ring. Tajiri, Matt Hardy, Chris Jericho, Rob Van Dam, Steve Corino, and Rhyno are all brawling with each other, getting punches in and unable to control themself. The main event scene doesn’t let up, even after the referee tries to break things up. The referee calls the match a no contest, but nothing can help the carnage in the ring.

Hardcore TV goes off the air for this week with six of the best ECW superstars battling it out with each other, creating total mayhem in the small ring. The Spike TV logo flashes in the bottom corner and we are out!

Very good diary Paidy, an excellent read here, what a fucking Impact...Justin Credible, Corino, Victory, Francine, and Sean O'Haire....very sweet! Cant wait to see Uprising though... good luck with this

Guest Cashmiesta

Hi Paidy. This is great stuff buddy, because I didn't know much about ECW until I saw some old tapes and the DVD this is pretty cool. I'd like to see Sabu back where he belongs as well as Terry Funk. Thanks

(PS I'm advertising this in my sig for you too:D)

Mitch

ECW was getting back into it’s groove. Paul Heyman had been away from the booking scene for a long time and he hadn’t realized how rusty he was. He was grateful that he had received far more positive email’s than negative. The Spanky and Billy Kidman match on this past weeks Hardcore TV was getting rave reviews and geeks from all over the world were commenting on how great it came across on TV. Paul was eager to hear the final word from Sophie. On cue, Soph came into his office.

Sophie: Great show Paul, I LOVED it this week! I can’t wait to see what you have planned for the main event and the Impact Players. I know you’ll keep the “shock” value up.

Paul smirked.

Paul: If the deal I’m currently working on goes through, the shock value will be through the roof! I’m still talking to a specific TNA wrestler about making the jump to ECW. At first it wasn’t looking good but now it’s better than ever. The deal could be finalised in time for the PPV.

Sophie: Speaking of which, have you finalized a date?

Paul: July 10th is the date for Uprising. That leaves me three more Hardcore TV’s before the big show. Things are looking up.

Sophie: Excellent, I hope the deal goes through. Hey, you wanna know the final rating for the Spanky and Billy Kidman match on Hardcore TV?

Paul: Tell me, I’ve heard nothing but good.

Sophie: 4 Star match. That’s incredible with such little build up for the match. Four stars!

Paul: Excellent. I think you may see them against each other again. Maybe a gimmick match?

Sophie: Don’t overdue it. Maybe just leave them in the ring, let the weapons stay away?

Paul: Point taken. I’m just finishing up the bookings for this weeks Hardcore TV. No new debuts I’m afraid.

Sophie: That’s cool. Just be sure to build on the O’Haire, Hardy, and Jericho ones so far.

Paul: Will do. I just hope that what I have planned for the main event at Uprising is enough to bring in some extra buys.

Sophie: Are we losing money?

Paul: Not even close. We’ve actually GAINED a few hundred-thousand since the re-opening but the first PPV is going to be hot. Crowning of the first world champion since 2001.

Sophie: Ooh, who are you gonna give the belt too?

Paul: To be honest, I don’t know. Any one of the six could get the gold. The question is, go for someone with an ECW background like Steve Corino or Rob Van Dam, or go with the new-era of ECW like Matt Hardy or Chris Jericho.

Sophie: Well, I hear Doink the Clown is always wanting titles...

Paul: Don’t even go there. Just watch the show and get ready for Uprising, k?

Sophie: Sounds good, keep booking those 4-star matches.

Edited by Paidy

Monday, June 20th

ECW Hardcore TV

Results

ECW Arena

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

The referee finally recovers to see total carnage in the ring. Tajiri, Matt Hardy, Chris Jericho, Rob Van Dam, Steve Corino, and Rhyno are all brawling with each other, getting punches in and unable to control themself. The main event scene doesn’t let up, even after the referee tries to break things up. The referee calls the match a no contest, but nothing can help the carnage in the ring.

We are back in the ECW Arena, week #3 of Hardcore TV on Spike TV. The crowd is once again hot and ready to go. The more popular signs in the building this week are ones like “That’s Incredible!”, “Sean O’Haire has gotten taller”, “Francine touched my thing” and “I’m a Motherfucker”. Wow, nothing is edited by these guys at this time of night.

“Hand that Feeds” by Nine Inch Nails hits through the arena and the ECW owner and booker, Paul Heyman, makes his way out to the ring. When in the ring, Paul struts his way over to grab himself a microphone.

Paul Heyman: So how are my fans, my people, doing tonight? [cheers] That’s good because you people are in for a treat... [pause] ECW’s first “official” PPV, Uprising is coming on July 10th, only three weeks of Hardcore TV’s away. I have inked an EXCLUSIVE deal with DirecTV, Bell ExpressVu, and any other PPV provider that you can think of to broadcast to you people at home who are not in the Philadelphia area, 6 monthly PPVs! ECW is guaranteed on PPV for the next six months, through to the end of December 31, 2005.

Paul stops at this fact and waits for the crowd’s cheers to come down. The crowd starts a small “E-C-W” chant but it dies down quickly.

Paul Heyman: Now, as far as the FIRST ECW PPV goes, Uprising will be a very special event for you people. Uprising will crown our very FIRST World Heavyweight Champion in the new ECW era! It has been painfully obvious that there are six special individuals who have not been able to keep their hands of each other.

Heyman stops once again to allow the crowd to settle down, now yelling out some random things.

Paul Heyman: Rhyno, the last ECW person to ever wear the championship belt, Rob Van Dam, ECW-alumni and Mr. Monday Night, Tajiri, the Tarantula and multiple TV Title Champion, Steve Corino, part of the Impact Players and old school, Matt Hardy, former WWE superstar, and Chris Jericho, King of the World and Fozzy singer. Together, these six have proceeded to cause total carnage in this very ECW ring.

Paul seems to finally be getting to his point.

Paul Heyman: So, I, Paul Heyman, have decided to put these six competitors inside ONE ring. One CAGED ring to be exact. [cheers] I am going to lock these six superstars inside ONE cage the only way that Paul Heyman knows how to, with WEAPONS! Taped to the side of the cage will be various weapons and objects to use in the match. You will not be able to win the match by escaping the cage. Instead, you have to get the first pinfall!

Paul stops and chuckles to himself.

Paul Heyman: And you can ask any man backstage how easy it is to get the FIRST pin in such a small area with weapons all over the place and four other guys waiting to break up any kind of pin. [cheers] So, the only way will be to beat all of your opponents away from their conscience. [pause] Have fun men.

Spike Dudley .v. Danny Doring

The Dudley Boyz have been feuding with Doring and Roadkill for a while now. Most recently, Spike Dudley interfered in the D&R’s match, costing them a win and setting up this singles match between the two. Bubba and D-Von accompany Spike out for this match, as does Roadkill for Doring. The Dudley’s make a word to Roadkill that they are not here to fight, something Roadkill spits on.

As Spike and Doring lock up, Doring has the obvious advantage in size. Doring throws Spike around pretty easily, something the Little Giant is used to by now. Spike eventually battles back, hitting a cross body and a few dropkicks. After trying to come off the ropes, Roadkill trips Spike’s feet, causing him to get distracted and try and trash talk to Roadkill. Bubba and D-Von make their way over to Roadkill and Spike turns around, straight into a boot to the face by Doring!

Bubba and D-Von start a double team attack on Roadkill on the outside of the ring. Doring doesn’t pay attention to them and slams Spike against the ring corner. Doring hits a belly-to-belly suplex on Spike, wearing him more down. On the outside of the ring, Roadkill fights back on the Dudleyz, taking them out with a double clothesline.

At about the same moment, Doring picks up Spike in a Tombstone variation and slams him down, face first to the mat. With Roadkill holding the Dudleyz down (quite easily surprisingly), Doring makes the three count and gets the pinfall on little Spike Dudley!

After the match, Roadkill comes into the ring. The Dudleyz try to save their third part but they are double clotheslined while Roadkill hits Spike with a body press slam. For the first time since ECW re-opened, the Dudleyz look weak as Doring and Roadkill continue an assault on little Spike. Major heat here.

Nova .v. Spanky [Television Title]

Spanky, a hot buy around the North American and Japanese indie scene is back in ECW, this week with a chance at the Television title against Nova . Before the match it is announced that Spanky will face Billy Kidman in a rematch at Uprising! After a great show last week on Hardcore TV, Spanky seems thrilled at his PPV matchup.

Nova is back in action after being a tag wrestler the last few weeks with his longtime friend, Steven Richards. Nova carries the Television title out with him and both the competitors shake hands and get a friendly pop before the match.

The crowd is pleased with another great show by Spanky, who starts off the match with a Sunset Flip, Moonsault from the second rope, and a splash off the ring ropes. Nova gains control of himself by heading to the outside to rest a little bit.

Soon, Spanky goes for his finished, Sliced Bread #2. This may be a little too early on as Nova flips out of it and throws Spanky at the ring post. Nova catches Spanky coming back and hits him with a german suplex, turning it into a bridge and a pin for a two count. Nova goes back to work on Spanky, hitting his setup, the Kryptonite Krunch, and hinting at the Spin Doctor.

Breaking up the show is Justin Credible, who comes down the ramp, steel chair in hand. JC slides into the ring. Nova breaks up his finishing move but is a little too late, as he is wacked by Justin Credible. JC looks at Spanky, who is unsure of what to do.

BAM! Justin Credible smacks Spanky in the gut with the chair once, hitting him over the head with a second shot! The Impact Players member stands over the two competitors in the match, steel chair in hand. JC takes Nova’s body and drags in ON TOP of Spanky’s. The referee makes the cover, allowing Nova to retain the title.

Justin Credible: This is what happens, Nova, when someone else challenges you for that title. As far as I am concerned, that title is MY property. I’ll see you at Uprising.

Justin Credible drops the mic on Nova, picking up the title belt and then dropping it on Nova as well. The crowd cheers at the match that is now set up for the Uprising PPV.

Justin Credible has returned backstage, where he meets up with his stable mates. Francine, Steve Corino, Sean O’Hair, and Jack Victory all pat hands with JC as he enters the locker room.

Steve Corino: Awesome start for the Impact Players out there! Nova is weakened, Sean O’Haire is going to take out Kazar-whatever right away, and me and you are going to handle things in the main event.

Francine: Yes, I can’t wait.

Justin Credible: Thanks, hey Steve, remember that setup we’ve been trying out lately? Well in the match we HAVE to use it. It’ll bring the Impact Players another win.

Jack Victory: Yeah, I can’t wait to try out my Victory Driver.

Steve Corino: Yeah, whatever, Jack. For sure JC, lets do it.

Impact Players pat hands again. The group seems to be settling in with each other, but a slight sign of disappointment is on the face of Jack Victory...

Sean O’Haire .v. Frankie Kazarian

The fans are reminded before this match gets underway that Frankie Kazarian will face Paul London in a match at the Uprising PPV. Highlights are shown of Paul London complaining of the weapon-use by Kazarian last week and the pep talk by Paul Heyman. The fans are also shown how Sean O’Haire debuted last week, attacking Rey Mysterio and helping Jack Victory pick up the victory.

This is sort of a mix-match in styles with Kazarian using his speed against O’Haire strength. Both of these men are playing the “bad” guys, getting low blows in whenever they can and letting the fans know how they feel about them.

Francine is out to the ring with Sean, constantly tripping up Kazarian. Eventually, Frankie gets fed up with her, spitting right in her hair. This causes O’Haire to slam Kazarian on his back and the kick him repeatedly in the gut. O’Haire takes the advantage in this match, doing a back suplex from the top rope on Kazarian and giving him a Spinebuster.

It isn’t until O’Haire sets up for the DVD that Kazarian flips out of it, hitting a flying kick on O’Haire to take himself and his opponent out. Kazarian makes it to his feet first, punching O’Haire and hitting a hurricanrana.

Frankie looks to be in definite control when Paul London comes running down to the ring with a steel chair. London looks out of place with the weapon in his hand. The young superstar gets into the ring and goes to hit Frankie, but misses! Frankie hits a dropkick on London, kicking the chair up into his face!

With London out of the ring, Kazarian is distracted enough for O’Haire to kick him and hit the Death Valley Driver for the victory!

After the match, Francine joins Sean O’Haire in the ring. The two celebrate with London recovering on the outside and Kazarian leaving the ring. Coming through the crowd is Rey Mysterio! Mysterio gets into the ring and trips up O’Haire. Francine tries to slap Mysterio, but he throws her aside quick easily. O’Haire turns around to attack, flying body over the top rope!! Rey Mysterio has sent a message to Sean O’Haire after last week and the crowd loves it! This feud is not over folks!

Justin Credible, Steve Corino, Jack Victory .v. Rhyno, Rob Van Dam, Tajiri [Matt Hardy, Chris Jericho, and Nova as lumberjakcs]

Nova has been added as a wildcard in this match, followed by the attack by Justin Credible earlier on in the match. Nova still looks a little sore, selling the effects of the blind attack earlier on, and doesn’t look in the mood to fight.

The role of the lumberjacks in this match is too pretty much beat the hell out of anyway who comes outside of the ring. The lumberjacks cannot enter the ring, but everything is legal otherwise.

The Impact Players act like a true team in this match with Victory starting off first. After a few moves on Tajiri, he tags in Corino. The two do a quick double-team move before Corino hits a few of his moves on Tajiri. Corino then tags to Justin Credible and the pattern continues. When it finally looks like Tajiri is going to get the tag, The Impact Players toss Tajiri over the top rope where Matt Hardy is there. “V1" hits a forearm to Tajiri before picking him up and slamming him down on the ring barrier. Chris Jericho and the two double team Tajiri before throwing him back into the ring.

Jericho and Hardy make the mistake of tossing Tajiri too close to his team’s side as Rob Van Dam tags himself in and single-handedly takes out all of the Impact Players. It takes Jericho to trip him up before RVD is back on even-terms.

Soon, Jericho and Hardy each grab weapons (Jericho with the steel chair and Hardy with the trash can lid). Nova plays it low, simply watching the match and looking uninterested in what is going on. It isn’t until Justin Credible is tossed to the outside that Nova takes his chance with some kicks.

As all six competitors in the ring are beginning to weaken, Rhyno looks calm and in control. With Steve Corino down on the ground, Rhyno sets up for the Gore. Up onto the ring apron comes Chris Jericho, who smashes the steel chair into the back of Rhyno! Rhyno turns around, and thinking that is was Jack Victory, flattens him off the apron. While Jericho stomps on Victory, Rhyno turns around. Corino sets him up, Old School Expulsion!

All out chaos fills the ring as Justin Credible goes over to fight with Tajiri and Rob Van Dam. Steve Corino makes the cover and gets the three count!

Following the match, Jack Victory is screaming on the outside of the ring from Chris Jericho, who has the Walls of Jericho locks onto him. The Impact Players have disposed of the faces in the match and stand tall in the ring. LOOK OUT, MATT HARDY comes in with the steel chair. Hardy flattens Justin Credible and Steve Corino in one swift motion with the chair! Hardy picks up Steve Corino, Twist of Fate onto the chair!!!

This week it is Matt Hardy who standing tall in the ring. Jericho has led off the Walls of Jericho, exhausted from the work. Bodies are once again lying everywhere as the huge 6-way “ECW RULES CAGE MATCH” is not only TWO weeks away. Matt Hardy flashes the “V1" sign and we are out!