ECW Rebirth: Heyman's $1.4 Million

Cage Match [World Heavyweight Title]

Rob Van Dam .v. Steve Corino .v. Rhyno .v. Matt Hardy .v. Tajiri .v. Chris Jericho

Television Title

Justin Credible .v. Nova

Table Match [Tag Team Titles]

Bubba Ray and D-Von Dudley .b. Doring and Roadkill

Sean O’Haire .v. Rey Mysterio

Billy Kidman .v. Spanky

Paul London .v. Frankie Kazarian

BONUS: Who is the new ECW commissioner? : I think its Tommy Dreamer

BONUS: Who is the other big surprise that Heyman is gloating about? : I think its Sandman

BONUS: Which roster member has entered rehab? (Hint: He has appeared on TV quite frequently) And I thnik Sean O'Haire is the one.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Date: July 10th

Uprising Preview

Final Card

Arena: ECW Arena

Cage Match [ECW World Heavyweight Title]

Rob Van Dam .v. Steve Corino .v. Rhyno .v. Matt Hardy .v. Tajiri .v. Chris Jericho

Television Title

Justin Credible vs. Nova

Bubba Ray and D-Von Dudley vs. Doring and Roadkill

Sean O’Haire vs. Rey Mysterio

Billy Kidman vs. Spanky

Paul London vs. Frankie Kazarian

-Who is the new ECW commissioner? - It could be... Sandman?

-Who is the Impact Players’ debut? - Frankie Kazarian.

-Who is the other big surprise that Heyman is gloating about? - I think it's Tommy Dreamer

-Which roster member has entered rehab? - I doubt it's Sean O'Haire.

I'm really liking this diary, I usually won't read a diary that's the rebirth of ECW with all of the old stars but I think you've got enough changes and enough additions to make it seem new but familiar.

The way this ones been built up it could go anyway. Maybe its just my memory though but Corino and RVD don't seem to have been built up as much as the others though and I think Jericho is going to steal this one with some underhanded tactics. Boosts his egomaniac, better than you gimmick and he can be a great springboard for some top class feuds. I say Y2J = ECW's HHH! Go with it, it'll rule.

Television Title

Justin Credible .v. Nova

After all the abuse from Credible I see Nova turning it around when it matters.

Myabe im reading too much into the typo but tables = Dudleys for me and having them lose so soon after there debut takes the shine off it.

An even match after Reys west coast splash on Hardcore TV. But I see O'Haire winning after dominating, then being on the wrong end of a comeback, then cheating.

Billy Kidman .v. Spanky

Meh, I guess I forget about this one to be honest.

London just can't bring himself to use the chair and whammo picks up the L.

BONUS: Who is the new ECW commissioner? Dreamer seems like a good choice but Im thinking swervey surprise time and going for Terry Funk

BONUS: Who is the Impact Players’ debut? Lance Storm Straight out of OVW and back in ECW baby. I will mark out for this.

BONUS: Who is the other big surprise that Heyman is gloating about? I think Taz...the gulp seemed a little false at the will ECW be big enough for him comment.

BONUS: Which roster member has entered rehab? Doring Just to be different :D

Television Title

Justin Credible .v. Nova

Billy Kidman .v. Spanky

BONUS: Who is the new ECW commissioner?: Mick Foley

BONUS: Who is the Impact Players’ debut? Sandman

BONUS: Who is the other big surprise that Heyman is gloating about?: Sabu

BONUS: Which roster member has entered rehab? (Hint: He has appeared on TV quite frequently) Justin Credible

By the way, great diary.

Television Title

Justin Credible .v. Nova

Bubba Ray and D-Von Dudley .v. Doring and Roadkill

Billy Kidman .v. Spanky

Paul London (with use of a chair :P ) .v. Frankie Kazarian

BONUS: Who is the new ECW commissioner? I think Mick Foley

BONUS: Who is the other big surprise that Heyman is gloating about? I think Raven

BONUS: Which roster member has entered rehab? (Hint: He has appeared on TV quite frequently) Mabye Jack Victory

BONUS: Who is the Impact Players new deubt? No Idea...

Guest ClearTheBong

The backstory was shaky at best and I don't really feel the writing style. It's good, but for me it doesn't capture ECW. Sorry man.

July 10th

Uprising Results

ECW Arena

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

The Impact Players are shown backstage to start ECW’s Uprising off. The crew is hanging out in their own personal locker room, laughing with each other. Jack Victory is wearing his street clothes, while the rest of the gang is more or less in their ring attire.

Steve Corino: Call him?

Sean O’Haire: Just got off the phone. He’ll be in the ECW arena tomorrow night for Hardcore TV!

Steve Corino: And everything is worked out?

Sean O’Haire: Long term contract and all. He can’t wait.

Justin Credible: Heh, you know how we do this boy. Good looking out for us.

Justin Credible and Sean O’Haire high five. The scene cuts as the crowd continues to figure out just who the hell the newest member of the Impact Players is.

Frankie Kazarian .v. Paul London

These two met in a match on the very first Hardcore TV, putting on an exciting show together. During that match, Kazarian pulled out a steel chair and eventually used it to win the match over London. The following week, Paul London went to Paul Heyman’s office, asking for justification on the weapon use in the match the previous weeks. After Heyman’s said he didn’t want to hear anything, he gave London a second chance at revenge in this PPV match up.

In the weeks leading up to this match, London has tried hard to adapt to the “hardcore” ways of playing and has been trying to make a name for himself in the new ECW atmosphere. This is Paul London’s chance at revenge and Frankie Kazarian and to show the world that he can be as hardcore as anybody on the ECW roster.

As both men make their way out to the match, chairs are placed up against the ring apron, outside barrier, turnbuckle corner. The chair has been named the special weapon in this match, how nice.

Kazarian makes sure to taunt London on his lack of ability to use the chair but in a predictable fashion, London eventually sets up Kazarian with the huge chair shot, followed by the London Calling onto Kazarian, who is laying on the chair. Paul London wins this match and then chases Frankie off with the chair.

Ever since Sean O’Haire’s debut in ECW, he has been up in Rey Mysterio’s face. It all got heated when Steve Corino faced Mysterio a few weeks ago on Hardcore TV. O’Haire intervened in the match, attacking Rey Mysterio and giving him the Death Valley Driver.

Things climaxed this past week when Sean O’Haire faced “RVD” Rob Van Dam. During the match, Rey Mysterio hit the ring for a little revenge and hit the West Coast Pop on Sean O’Haire. This set up to RVD hitting the Van Terminator into O’Haire’s face and getting the victory, thanks partly to Mysterio. Now, these two meet to finish their rivalry with each other.

Francine accompanies O’Haire out to the ring for this match wearing very little and dances for the crowd before and during the match. Rey Mysterio makes his grand entrance, wearing a different mask for the match and roaring to go.

After an Airplane Spin by O’Haire early on, Mysterio finds it hard to fight back. When the match spills to the outside of the ring, Mysterio hits his West Coast Pop onto O’Haire! When Mysterio goes for the pin, O’Haire lifts up Mysterio and gives him the Death Valley Driver onto the concrete floor outside the ring. The Impact Players member pins Mysterio outside the ring and picks up the win.

After the match, Francine dances in the middle of the ring around Sean O’Haire and the two leave together.

The Dudley Boyz .v. Doring and Roadkill [Tag Team Titles]

Coming into ECW, The Dudley Boyz were the only tag team in the company. That all changed when former ECW-members, Danny Doring and Roadkill appeared, immediately taking out the Dudleyz and making themselves known.

Each week leading up to the PPV, these teams have been up in each others faces. Even Spike Dudley got himself into the mix by interfering on-behalf of his brothers. It was no surprise that this PPV match was signed. The Tables match stipulation was added to the match when this past week the Dudleyz teamed with Spanky to take on Doring and Roadkill with Billy Kidman. During the match, The Dudleyz used the table to slam Roadkill through it, therefore setting up this match for the vacant Tag titles.

The rules for this match are as follows. The first team to slam BOTH of it’s opponents through the tables is declared the winner of the match. When one person is slammed through a table, he still can fight in the match to help out his partner.

Spike comes out with his brothers for this match and gets into the action early on, spearing Roadkill with the table while The Dudleyz double team Doring. Soon, The Dudleyz put Roadkill through the table with a Powerbomb from Bubba off the top rope. Spike goes for the Dudley Dog on Doring to put him through a table as well but when Spike flips off the ropes, he nails D-Von with a Moonsault-type splash!

Spike stays out of the match and instead sets up TWO tables on top of each other outside the ring. Roadkill is knocked out again and Bubba sets up his Powerbomb from the top rope again, this time hoping to slam Doring through the tables outside of the ring. Doring hits an amazing Hurricanrana-variation and Bubba flies through both tables on the outside of the ring!!

Spike comes into the ring and tries another Dudley Dog on Roadkill, but he is slammed through a table himself!

Soon, D&R set up for their Guillotine Legdrop move onto D-Von through the table, but Bubba tosses Roadkill off the top rope and into the ring barrier on the outside. Bubba hits a splash on Doring and him and D-Von set up the 3D with the table in the middle of the ring. Doring gets up, 3D!

The Dudleyz are the winners of this match and they celebrate their ECW Tag Team win!

Spanky .v. Billy Kidman

These two were put into this “Match of the Year” candidate match-up thanks to a few weeks ago on Hardcore TV when the two had a straight-up fight with each other. The match these two had scored a “four-star” rating and was critically acclaimed by wrestling sites everywhere. Spanky won that match-up over a cocky Billy Kidman and this is Kidman’s rematch of sorts.

This feud was probably the least-hyped in the company but due to the talent in the match, it is shown right before the two title matches.

After a bunch of reversals from both men, Kidman hits the first official move in the match, a cheap clothesline to the back of the head on Spanky. Kidman tosses Spanky against the ropes and hits a Northern-Lights Suplex.

After more great fighting by the two, Kidman reverses a clothesline over the top ropes by ducking and sending Spanky to the outside. Kidman runs and hits a Suicide Flip over the top rope onto Spanky! After more general fighting on the outside of the ring, the two fight up to the titantron!

After Kidman tosses Spanky into the metal ring entrance a few times, Spanky hits his Sliced Bread #2 up ring entrance and even touching the titantron! Spanky is knocked out from the move and is unable to make the pin. Instead, the two reach their feet at the same time and fight over towards the edge of the top of the ramp.

Spanky tries a spear onto Kidman, but Kidman moves and Spanky goes flying TEN feet down to the bottom of the ramp! With Spanky out cold on the concrete floor, Kidman runs the idea through his head of hitting his Shooting Star Press ten feet down. Kidman shakes his head and then proceeds to climb up the side of the titantron!

Kidman reaches the top, a good thirty feet above Spanky, who is still laying their. Kidman taunts the crowd once and then jumps off the titantron with a SHOOTING STAR PRESS! After falling through the air, Kidman lands on top of Spanky!!! Kidman is out cold on top of Spanky and the referee makes the three count!

The crowd chants “holy shit, holy shit, holy shit” over and over again as paramedics rush out to help the two competitors!

Nova © .v. Justin Credible [TV Title]

Nova won the TV title at the ECW: Rebirth PPV in a 10-man battle royal. The next night when Justin Credible, Steve Corino, and Francine re-formed the Impact Players, JC made it known that Nova won his title through fluke and not through a real-match.

With Nova having to go through all of the Impact Players just to get to Credible, we come to this match. Justin Credible has been taking shots at Nova every week, attacking him and berating him and his title. For this match, Justin Credible is out by himself and looks ready for a brawl. Nova takes his time getting to the ring, playing the fan favourite and laughing when JC gets pissed off.

Just as suspected, the two styles in this match clash together and we get a high-flying brawl affair. Nova gets the upper-hand early on, making JC jump to the outside and bring the TV title into the ring. After ducking the belt shot, Nova hits Justin Credible with a DDT. Nova goes to the top rope for a knee drop but JC moves and Nova slams the apron.

Fast forward about ten minutes, both men exhausted. Nova has been bleeding for a few minutes and looks to be ‘zoning out’. Justin Credible goes for the belt shot again, but Nova ducks it, hitting a superkick, which puts the TV title through Just Credible’s forehead!

With JC bleeding now as well, Nova waits for the Impact Players member to get up. JC gets up, Spin Doctor onto the belt! The TV title champion makes the cover on Justin Credible and gets the victory! Nova pulls the title out from underneath Justin Credible and holds it up in the air. The crowd loves it!

Rhyno .v. Chris Jericho .v. Rob Van Dam .v. Matt Hardy .v. Tajiri .v. Steve Corino [Cage Match] [World Heavyweight Title]

This match has been all over the place since the rebirth of ECW. At the actual Rebirth PPV, Chris Jericho shocked the crowd by defecting from the WWE into ECW. “Y2J” has been vocal of his thoughts and his “no bullshit” attitude has possibly made him a favourite in this match.

The night of the first Hardcore TV, Matt Hardy shocked the world by displaying ECW colours. “V1" has been hot as he has ever been, looking to capture his first ECW title in his first ECW PPV.

Steve Corino has certainly made an impact by being alongside the Impact Players. Mr. Old School is a former ECW champion and is looking to add another to his long list of accomplishments.

Rob Van Dam, the Showstoppa, Mr. Monday Night, has always been a huge fan favourite in ECW. After his contract was taken over by Paul Heyman, RVD looks for his chance to once again be on top of the ECW world.

Tajiri was never a former ECW Champion, but his presence was always felt when ECW was open. The Japanese Buzzsaw is possibly the biggest underdog in the match and is looking to prove all of the critics wrong and win the title.

Rhyno was the last ECW champion before it closed, beating The Sandman to unify the World and TV Title belts. Rhyno has stood his ground on Hardcore TV, gaining victories and showing the world that he can still be number one.

The cage is set up with weapons attached to the sides of it. A table, chair, sledgehammer, trash can, thumbtacks, baseball bat, fire extinguisher are all on the side of the ring, ready to be used.

With six men confined into one cage, it’s no surprise that the cage door is soon busted open and Chris Jericho and Tajiri soon are outside of the ring. The only rule in the match is that to win, a pinfall must be made INSIDE of the cage.

Chris Jericho soon has the Walls of Jericho locked on Tajiri on the outside of the ring. In the ring, Matt Hardy hits the Twist of Fate on Steve Corino onto the chair. Rob Van Dam and Rhyno brawl with Rob Van Dam hitting a spinning kick. Hardy and RVD meet each other with blows but Jericho jumps into the ring and hits them with a flying clothesline from the top rope!

Carnage unleashes inside the ring and out, with Rob Van Dam hitting the 5 Star Frog Splash onto Corino, laying in a pile of thumbtacks! Tajiri smokes up the ring with the fire extinguisher and when the dust settles, it is Jericho who is standing along in the ring. RVD grabs the chair in his hand and climbs the cage from the outside. When he is at the top, he grabs Jericho’s attention. Jericho turns around and RVD jumps from the cage, Van Terminator!! Jericho and RVD are both knocked out cold!

Matt Hardy wallops Tajiri with the trash can lid and Twist of Fate’s him onto the actual trash can! Matt Hardy taunts Tajiri and flashes the V1 sign to the crowd! Hardy turns around where Rhyno is waiting, GOOOORRRRREEEEEE!!!

With Corino laying in a pile of thumbtacks outside the ring, Rob Van Dam and Chris Jericho out from RVD’s Van Terminator, Tajiri laying on top of a trash can lid, and Hardy in the middle of the ring, Rhyno makes the cover, 1, 2, 3!! RHYNO IS THE NEW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!

A brand new Heavyweight Title is handed to Rhyno by a referee who comes into the ring. Rhyno holds the title in the air and we are out!

NOOOOO! I WAS SCREWED!

Not really, a good show. Booking and writing was good as always, althought it was kinda short. It didn't feel like a PPV, more like a special edition of Hardcore TV.

I swear you people, i'll win the next prediction contest! :P

I should've put in the original notes.

For a PPV, I've always done a different style of writing. My thinking is that all the feuds "end" at a PPV so it's not really about sending messages anymore and proving a point. TO me, the PPV is about remembering what led up to this match, who won, and why.

Of course, I'll always try different things and can do more explaning on a PPV, just for this one I've done how I mostly always did it, by outlining the feud, any high points, and the finish. :)

Uprising had went off great. Heyman’s huge “main event” surprise hadn’t gone off, but Paul didn’t seem to mind. Paul was happy, things were good, and the next PPV was only a month away. Sophie entered his office.

Sophie: Paul, how you feeling?

Paul: Great! Just finished making plans for the next PPV.

Sophie: But you just finished this one?

Paul: Don’t you see, it’s good...uh...advertising or something. Anyway, we’ll have ECW Heatwave take place August 14th. That leaves us five more shows to build up everything.

Sophie: That might not even be enough time.

Paul: Why do you say that?

Sophie: Your scribble notes had nothing but “kill me now” and “There isn’t enough time” plastered across it.

Paul: Meh. What’s the post-PPV report?

Sophie: The Spanky-Kidman match scored another **** rating but the fans loved the ending of it. The bad news to that is that Billy Kidman has a leg injury and will be out fo a few months.

Paul: How’s he feeling over that.

Sophie: He says it’s cool. Spanky has commitments almost every week this month so it may be a good idea not to book him for the next PPV.

Paul: Well then you better call Mark Henry and tell him we don’t need him either...

Sophie:...

Paul: Kidding. Anything else?

Sophie: Frankie Kazarian is only going to stay with us for another three months unless we offer him a written contract. All three of your surprises will be in the house tonight at Hardcore TV. The overall view is that Rhyno makes a great champion.

Paul: Good, good, and good. Now if you don’t have anything else to say, I’m going to book the next month worth of show.

Guest RickyW

This is a good diary Paidy. Majority of diaries don't hold my interest. I cannot wait to read more. I like your writing style and how your perspective of ECW. So what if your backstory has a few holes, it's still a good backstory.

Where's Super Crazy?

Edited by RickyW

Major thanks for the read guys.

As always, don't worry to critique the diary and tell me what to do everything. The main point of the diary is to create a "2005" ECW making it as realistic as possible. That being said, it's hard to make things realistic when some people have retired and the wrestling industry as a whole has been "toned-down" from ECW's past.

I try to only put things into the shows that are important. Things about people proving a point or something to advance a feud. I also don't have 8 hours a day to write up shows, meaning why I don't write out full match descriptions.

That being said, I respect those WITH the time to write everything up, and expecct a show today sometime. :) I'm just planning out the whole month right now as far as feuds go.

July 11th

Hardcore TV

Preview

ECW Arena

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

With Corino laying in a pile of thumbtacks outside the ring, Rob Van Dam and Chris Jericho out from RVD’s Van Terminator, Tajiri laying on top of a trash can lid, and Hardy in the middle of the ring, Rhyno makes the cover, 1, 2, 3!! RHYNO IS THE NEW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!

A brand new Heavyweight Title is handed to Rhyno by a referee who comes into the ring. Rhyno holds the title in the air and we are out!

We begin the show with a hand knocking on the general locker room, how original. The door opens and Matt Hardy enters the men’s locker room. Inside, Paul London is tying the laces on his shoes for his TV Title match later on against Nova.

Matt Hardy: Hey buddy!

Matt acts like him and Paul are best friends. Paul simply looks up.

Paul London: Oh... uh... your talking to me?

Matt laughs.

Matt Hardy: Of course I am Paul. Who else would I talk to? Listen, I know you have a TV Title match later on and I want to help you. Your recovering from a big win last night at Uprising and I gave it my all in a more important, higher ranked match than yours. We’re like the perfect team!

Paul London: Ok... Why do you want to help ME?

Matt Hardy: Because Matt Hardy V1 is all about sharing his teachings and showing the younger people how things are ran. Your still a rookie in this business but there is nobody with more experience and knowledge than V1, Matt Hardy 2005.

Paul London: Um, to me you look like you should be lined up for the Star Wars movie, but I don’t know.

Matt lets out a fake laugh.

Matt Hardy: Oh Paul your such a kidder, let’s go get ready.

Bubba Ray Dudley .v. ???

Following the opening entrance for ECW Hardcore TV, Bubba Ray is out for his match against a mystery opponent. A little odd they put this match first on the show with a new debut and all. Foreshadowing? It is announced before the match that D-Von Dudley will be out of action this week following injuries sustained last night at the PPV. Looks like Bubba is alone.

After a dramatic wait for Bubba’s opponent, the music hits and it’s... Chuck Palumbo??? The former WCW Tag star comes down to the ring looking polished up and menacing. Palumbo gets into the ring as Bubba ditches out the back. After a middle-finger salute to the crowd, Palumbo gives the “Just Bring It” sign to Bubba and the match begins.

Chuck brings the advantage early in the match, using an impressive Side Walk Slam and Pumphandle Slam manoeuvres. Palumbo goes middle rope for a splash. Bubba reverses the Chuck Deluxe into a back suplex. Bubba slides out of the ring to grab a table!

Bubba sets the table outside of the ring on the side where the entrance ramp. By the time Bubba gets into the ring, Chuck is up and in control again. After a Manhattan Slam and a Superplex, Chuck hits an armbar on Bubba. Some impressive work by Chuck here!

Eventually, Bubba gets out of the hold and hits the Reverse DDT on Chuck! Bubba stands by the ropes and Chuck gets up and charges at the Dudley Boy. Bubba tries flipping Chuck over the ropes through the table but Chuck lands himself on the ring apron and slams Bubba’s neck into the ropes. Chuck goes top rope, Cross Body Pin! Chuck picks up the victory in his debut match!

After the match, the plan all comes together. Sean O’Haire, Impact Players member comes down to the ring. Chuck and Sean shake hands before picking up Bubba. Palumbo and O’Haire pick Bubba up over their shoulders and they both throw him over the ropes. Bubba goes crashing into the table!

Palumbo and O’Haire are back and they have made a statement against Bubba Ray and The Dudleyz, WOW!

Following a break, Palumbo and O’Haire are back in the Impact Players locker room. Justin Credible, Steve Corino, Jack Victory, and Francine are present and they congratulate the tag team and welcome Chuck to the “IP”.

Justin Credible: You know how we do boy! Always wanting to show ECW what we are made of.

Francine: You did good boy.

Chuck Palumbo: Thanks. The look on Bubba’s face was PRICELESS when he realized what was happening.

Corino steps up and shakes hands with Palumbo.

Steve Corino: The plan is coming together. With you and Sean going to win those tag titles, Justin working on getting the TV Title to come with us, and me going to win the World Heavyweight title at the Heatwave PPV, the Impact Players will be good for a while.

Everybody nods in unison... except Jack Victory.

Jack Victory: What about me? I don’t have a title to do for.

Cue the awkward silence...

Steve Corino: Well, all you need to do is worry about your title shot TONIGHT! Like I said, coming together for the Impact Players!

Jack seems okay with the response he gets and the stable goes back to talking, now with an extra member in the group.

Nova © .v. Paul London [TV Title]

We are treated to a replay of earlier on in the night when Matt Hardy entered the locker room where Paul London was getting ready and offered to give him some “help” in a teacher-type role. Paul didn’t really accept and even took a few jobs at Matt, but that doesn’t seem to effect him now. Matt Hardy does his regular “V1" entrance while London prefers the generic entrance where all he worries about is wrestling.

Nova is still sore from his match with Justin Credible at the PPV last night and displays a small bandage on his forehead as a result of his retaining his title.

Nova takes the easy advantage in the match, prompting Matt Hardy to jump on the apron and jab Nova in the eye. London gets the advantage but it doesn’t last long as Nova fires back with a few arm flips and a german suplex.

Following more fighting, Matt Hardy gets fed up with London’s show in the match so far. Hardy walks over to the announce table and picks up the TV Title belt resting on it. Hardy kisses the belt once and smiles to the crowd before getting up on the ring apron.

When Nova stays away from Matt Hardy, Hardy enters into the ring. London throws Nova at the ropes but Nova flips over the back of London. Hardy swings of Nova but he ducks and Matt Hardy clocks Paul London in the forehead!!

Matt drops the belt in shock, allowing Nova to kick Hardy in the gut and DDT him onto the title belt! Nova picks Paul London up, Spin Doctor! Hardy rolls out of the ring and Nova picks up the win to retain his title belt.

After the match, London slowly recovers to his feet. The youngster extends his hand in a handshake to Nova but Matt Hardy is in the ring to shove London away, taking him to the back while talking to him.

The brand new ECW World Champion is out to the ring next. Rhyno waves his title out to the fans and lets the fans touch the belt as he makes his way out to the ring. Rhyno circles the ring with the title belt once before grabbing a microphone and getting into the ring.

Rhyno puts the mic to his mouth the speak but stops to let the fans cheer before he continues.

Rhyno: Last night I did what nobody in this company thought I could do. I beat five other men in a fight for my life to win this [points] my title. I was the LAST ECW champion and now I am back to finish what I start. Cement my legacy.

The fans start a “Rhyno” chant and the champion stops to let the crowd cheer.

Rhyno: That’s right, you guys were the ONLY ones who thought I could do this...

WHO BETTA THAN KANYON?

What the..? Chris Kanyon makes his way out to the ring to a surprisingly large pop! Former WCW and WWE star is out and looks great. Kanyon comes down to the ring as Rhyno has a weird look on his face. Kanyon gets into the ring.

Kanyon: CORRECTION. Nobody thought you could win that World Heavyweight title except the fans AND Chris Kanyon.

Those people who didn’t pop for Kanyon before pop for him now.

Kanyon: For those of you who didn’t guess it, I, Chris Kanyon, am your new ECW COMMISSIONER! And really, when your thinking of possible candidates to run this company when Paul Heyman isn’t around, who betta than Kanyon?

Kanyon shows his shirt to the crowd which bears his famous catch phrase on it.

Kanyon: Now Rhyno, the question is this. We all know that Steve Corino proclaimed to be the next World Champion earlier on in the night. What are your views on his strong words?

Rhyno slowly ponders this question and looks to be thinking of the right words to say.

Rhyno: What do I say? JUST... BRING... IT!

Kanyon loves it, the crowd loves it. The ECW Champion and the ECW Commissioner stay in the ring together with Kanyon looking to be talking business to Rhyno, looking at his title belt. The crowd approves of Kanyon.

Jack Victory .v. Rhyno

Rhyno stays in the ring due to his title defence against Impact Players member, Jack Victory. Accompanying Victory out to the ring is his posse, including Chuck Palumbo and Sean O’Haire, Justin Credible, Steve Corino, and Francine. Rhyno seems fazed a little knowing that it could potentially not be a one-on-one match up. After seeing the help that Victory has brought out to the ring with him, Chris Kanyon stays out to the ring as well, threatening to fire any of the Impact Players should they attack him.

Rhyno seems to grasp control of things pretty easily by throwing Victory out of the ring as fast as he entered, right after the bell rings. Francine picks up Victory and rejuvenates him. Jack comes into the ring to exchange punches with Rhyno. The two work towards the ring ropes where Steve Corino is there to grab Rhyno’s foot. Rhyno takes his eyes of his opponent and Victory throws Rhyno over the ropes!

The Impact Players circle around Rhyno and laugh at him, spit on him, and call him names. Corino begins kicking the ECW Champion but CHRIS KANYON is there to make the save. Kanyon has a chair in hand and threatens to use in on the group. The IP back off and Kanyon pats Rhyno on the back before giving the IP a cruel look.

More fighting back and forth, more of Kanyon warning the Impact Players. JV sets up for the Piledriver on Rhyno but the champion wiggles his way out of it. Victory goes for a flying clothesline but Rhyno ducks, DDT! Victory is down and out of it and Rhyno goes over to the corner of the ring.

Rhyno taunts the Impact Players and then laughs when Kanyon threatens to use his weapon if the IP interfere in the match. Victory stands up, GORE! The lights go out?

The lights are out all over the arena and the crowd gasps. Up on the titantron comes the words, “Prepare for a sign... Of Death” in white lettering. Hmm..

The lights come on where Rhyno is still pinning Jack Victory. Rhyno finally gets the count and gets the cover and picks up the win to retain his title!

After the match, The Impact Players get into the ring to help their fallen member. Kanyon tries to interfere but the group simply tells him and Rhyno to go away because they have their own “business” to tend to.

Rhyno and Kanyon leave to the backstage area together with the title belt. Steve Corino picks up Jack Victory and taps him on the back. Victory seems a little bummed that he couldn’t win the world title. Corino keeps telling him that it’s okay and there will be more chances. Steve Corino and Justin Credible each hold up Jack Victory’s arms into the air for the crowd to boo.

SWERVE~! Justin Credible kicks Jack Victory in the gut, That’s Incredible! Corino laughs at JV and picks him up, Old School Expulsion! The Impact Players circle around their former member, who is down on the ground. Chuck Palumbo heads to the top rope, Flying Knee Drop!

Jack Victory is out cold on the ring canvas, blood beginning to pour from his face. Justin Credible picks up a fallen Victory and holds his arms. Francine slaps Jack a few times while Sean O’Haire kicks him repeatedly. Steve Corino picks up the chair that Chris Kanyon used to threaten the group, SMACK!

Victory is totally out of it and full of blood. The four Impact Player wrestlers and Francine stand in the ring with their hands in the air as Hardcore TV Fades... To... Black!!

Edited by Paidy

I really enjoyed the build-up before your ppv matches happened. It reminded me a lot of ECW and really appreciate your great effort in your diary here. You got a reader in me as I am very impressed with your diary.

One thing that I think you should try is not bring in all these new wrestlers at once. It seems almost every show someone else is joining the roster. Which can be good for shock value but can get tiring after a while. Let us adapt more with your current roster, than after a few shows bring in somebody if you want. And I also agree with the person who wants Super Crazy in this diary. I thought he would have been on the first show.

it's interesting. only complaints i have from what I read (first two pages) is that if WWE guys jumped ship to ECW, they would never be able to use their WWE music (referring to Jericho and the Dudley Boyz), and even if Vince had sold the rights to the music to ECW, I doubt they would've used it.

I also don't like the fact that you're using "A Welcome Burden" by Disturbed for Corino's music. I prefer his CUSTOM "Old School Style" song that was a rip-off type deal of "Come With Me"