And the new Tottenham manager is

FLiam

This is a good move for Spurs. He's respected throughout Europe, and as such can attract some good players. Plus he should have a good grasp of the promising French players, so expect more Pires' than Diouf's.

Santini's the one

03 June 2004

We are delighted to announce the appointment of Jacques Santini as Head Coach. Santini, currently in charge of the French national team, will join the Club after the European Championships in Portugal.

From the Spurs site.

Edited by evertonfan

Wow...I didn't know that Tottenham could get someone with a reputation like Santini! Well, this should be interesting. I wonder if anyone has told him what he has to work with?

I was expecting a dutchman personally.

Wow...I didn't know that Tottenham could get someone with a reputation like Santini! Well, this should be interesting. I wonder if anyone has told him what he has to work with?

The trouble with youth today. Most people in football over the age 22 remember Spurs as one of the top European sides and grew up supporting them. It should be a good season this year.

*watches things go wrong*

Will be be leaving his post as France manager?

After Euro 2004, yes.

The trouble with youth today. Most people in football over the age 22 remember Spurs as one of the top European sides and grew up supporting them. It should be a good season this year.

Exactly. Remember, as in they're not anymore, which is why everyone is suprised they can get someone like Santini.

Edited by evertonfan

Guest OnlyOneKeano

Jacques Santini's BLUE AND WHITE ARMY !!!

I Wasnt to sure at the begining but looking at his profile and with Frank Arneson WE WILL SHOCK PEOPLE ! we have a good squad . Robinson , King , Keano , Davies ,Defoe , Redknapp all players that can change games if theyre isnt a sudden rush of french players brang in it will be a good season for the Yiddos .

Tottenham have named France coach Jacques Santini as their new manager for next season.

Santini will take over at White Hart Lane after leading France at Euro 2004.

The move ends a long hunt by Tottenham officials for a new manager with the club being without a permanent replacement since Glenn Hoddle was axed last September.

Santini's future with France was uncertain as his deal was due to expire during the Euro 2004 finals in Portugal and no new deal was offered.

The former Lyon coach has a proven track record having led the club to the French title in 2001 and then guiding Les Bleus on a perfect run through Euro 2004 qualifying.

Santini will form a new coaching set-up at Tottenham alongside Dane Frank Arnesen, who replaced David Pleat at White Hart Lane last month.

The Frenchman is excited at the chance of managing in England.

"I am delighted to get the opportunity to join Tottenham Hotspur.

"I am an ambitious man and it has always been a dream of mine to coach a big English club in the most exciting league in the world.

"Tottenham Hotspur are a very big club, with a wonderful history and great traditions.

"Daniel (Levy, chairman) and Frank have outlined their vision and I share their ambitions.

"I am determined to help the club return to its place amongst the elite and look forward to joining after Euro 2004."

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy was delighted to land someone of the pedigree of Santini to lead the club forward.

"I am delighted Jacques is joining the club," said Levy in a statement.

"He was the outstanding candidate because of his experience, coaching ability and track record at all levels.

"His arrival in addition to that of Frank Arnesen is the direct result of a comprehensive review of the football side of the club.

"We now have a coaching set-up in place that has experience in several different countries and an extensive knowledge of players across the world."

source: skysports.com

I swear I live on the sky sports website. :D

It's a good move, but they still need major work, like a goalkeeper, at least one defender, and at least one midfielder.

I dunno man, they've got Paul Robinson now - he's pretty decent. I'd say they should try for some of the Chelsea rejects - like Gronkjear (sp?) - they need a left winger ASAP.

Guest OnlyOneKeano

If you think without injuries .

Robinson

LB

Carr

Gardner

King

LM

Redknapp

Brown

Davies

Defoe

Keane

two players would make that team complete , top 8 next season

I dunno man, they've got Paul Robinson now - he's pretty decent. I'd say they should try for some of the Chelsea rejects - like Gronkjear (sp?) - they need a left winger ASAP.

Forgot about Robinson. But still, take Carr out, who have you got? From what I saw of the young lad who replaced him last year (Kelly?), he just isn't good enough, at least not yet. Same goes for King and Gardner, because Docherty is poor. When Everton run rings around you, you know your poor.

If you think without injuries .

Robinson

LB

Carr

Gardner

King

LM

Redknapp

Brown

Davies

Defoe

Keane

What are the chances?

You never guess what?

You being linked with French players now, Govou! LUDOVIC GUILY!! and

SYLVAIN WILTORD!!!!

But, when I think about it, I wouldn't care that much if he does join you because he isn't that good. I am sure the Tottenham fans would love it and try to rub it in but it is nowhere near as bad as Sol coming here :P

ps. Anyone think this should now be the tottenham thread?

Now that we've got a French manager it's inevitable that we're now going to be linked with loads of French players. Govou and Guily would be good signings but I dont rate Wiltord at all and thats not just because he's an Arsenal player. Rumour has it that there will be a press conference tomorrow where we will confirm the signing of Edgar Davids which I think would be a great signing. I'm not too sure if this is 100% but I certainly hope so.