Tristy you bastard, Tristy.

The Downward Spiral

The Fragile

Broken

With Teeth

And All That Could Have Been

Still

Purest Feeling [bootleg]

The rest are just singles, really. Don't bother with Pretty Hate Machine & Fixed, I say. I hate those two with a passion of a thousand suns.

Edited by Tristy

Eh, I only like maybe 4 or 5 songs on that CD, the rest is skippable, really.

Purest Feeling (PHM Demos) > PHM. Only because Maybe Just Once sounds like a Madonna song.

EDIT: To clarify, here are the songs on PHM that I like. I'm not your typical NIN fan, apparently. :P

Terrible Lie

Something I Can Never Have

Kinda I Want To

Sin

The Only Time

And seriously, get on BitTorrent and get the Purest Feeling CD. It's a bootleg, but the Remastered version is fucking brilliant. The demos are great.

Edited by Tristy

Yeah, I'm not your typical NIN fan. Everybody on ETS was creaming over Beside You In Time, meanwhile I almost deleted it. I hate that fucking song.

Everyone thinks that The Downward Spiral owns The Fragile, and I'm quite the opposite on that matter.

Then again, everyone hates Starfuckers, Inc., and so do I. :D

Yeah, I'm not your typical NIN fan. Everybody on ETS was creaming over Beside You In Time, meanwhile I almost deleted it. I hate that fucking song.

Everyone thinks that The Downward Spiral owns The Fragile, and I'm quite the opposite on that matter.

Then again, everyone hates Starfuckers, Inc., and so do I. :D

Whenever I read reviews of The Fragile, it sounds like it was the album that cut the fairweather NIN fans from the true fans.

It was the album that alienated alot of fans, yeah. Alot of (kickass) instrumentals, a double CD, not the old NIN they were used to, etc.

Mainstream hated it too. It's only sold 1 or 2 million copies, depending on how you look at it.

In my opinion, The Fragile is what set Trent up as an artist rather then a musician for me. It was such a break from his earlier music, which, granted I like, but to be honest could easily be picked up by the angsty teenage audience who would flock to Linkin Park and Papa Roach (Dont bother launching a tirade on how much better NIN is then either of those two, Im already sold on it)

With The Fragile, he really did branch out into artistic new areas. Its like NIN's very own White Album.

With Teeth, The Fragile, The Downward Spiral, and Pretty Hate Machine are the albums I'd suggest to anyone trying to get into NIN.

PHM because it's a classic, even if Titsy doesn't like it.

The Downward Spiral because it's easily one of the best and most underrated albums of the 90s. (I say underrated, only because in every Top ____ list I see about Albums in the 90s, it's very rarely ranked appropriately.)

The Fragile is clearly the single best album that NIN have put out.

With Teeth is the new album, so I have to suggest that, but it's also really good. I'd rank it as their second best, right after The Fragile.