50 Films to Look Forward To In 2004

Ananas

Just thought I'd repost this on the offchance someone else wanted to use it for reference. I've converted all four parts into a pdf file now, and what is good is that in the months since I've done the list, many trailers have popped online, and with the constant reshuffling of movie schedules, this is the most up to date version of the list. I've also added my ratings to the films on the list that I've seen so far. Enjoy, I guess.

Right click, Save As, and make sure the file extension is .pdf.

Bitch about how stupid some of my choices were in retrospect here.

Edited by GoodGodWhatABeatnik

One small update: The trailer for Martin Scorsese's "The Aviator" has come online here. I have to be honest, this is pretty disappointing. It looks like another asskissing legend preserving film, although I remain hopeful that it will shed some true light on Howard Hughes, instead of painting him as the "brilliant visionary with the guts to challenge authority". DiCaprio is another disappointment in this trailer, mainly because it looks like nothing new for him. Oh well, I continue to not understand the fascination with this idiot.

From what I hear, Beatnik, The Aviator is supposed to come out December 10th. I've also heard rumors that they may push it back to '05 as Miramax has loads of flicks set for December.

EDIT: Because Daredevil doesn't suck after all.

Edited by TheROC-Revolt

• 3 weeks later...

I thought I'd add some slightly humorous news that is about one of your 50, A Home at the End of the World.

Farrell's 'Huge' Manhood Cut from Film

Irish heart-throb Colin Farrell's first full frontal movie scene has been cut by worried film bosses - after test audiences were transfixed by the size of his manhood. The Phone Booth hunk disrobed for scenes in upcoming drama A Home at the End of the World, but after seeing the stunned reaction of viewers at a recent screening, chiefs decided to chop the naughty images. And the news has been greeted with fury by self-confessed Romeo Farrell, who has demanded the scenes must be included in the DVD release of the film. A source tells British newspaper the Sun, "All you could hear were gasps when Colin appeared in his full frontal pose. The women were over-excited and the men looked really uncomfortable. It was such a sight it made it difficult to concentrate on the plot, so the decision was made to get rid of it." Even director Michael Mayer admits, "It was distracting." In the film, Farrell plays a bisexual man caught in a love triangle.

There's a new trailer ofr Sky Captain and The World of Tomorrow:

Click Trailer #2

• 3 weeks later...

Bunch of Trailers/News:

1) The Trailer for the recently re-named Johnny Depp-starring Finding Neverland is here. I envisioned that the film would be good, and this trailer exceeds my expectations.

2) A Home At The End of the World - Trailer. This is an interesting film, which could go either way. When you do a really deadpan type of film, it can either be hugely satisfying or dull. The trailer seems to indicate the latter, hopefully that can be chalked up to low budget marketing.

3) Ocean's 12 - Trailer. I feel bad even linking you to this. It's nothing more than a graphical outlining of the plot and cast, without any movie or cast footage. Obviously they're behind in filming, I wouldn't be shocked if it doesn't make it's December premiere.