Help me make a techno/dance CD

EndOfAnEra

Alright, I've got enough songs that I like of this type of music to figure I should make a CD, but the thing is I don't know too much about it, and my CD is only like half full...

So far I've got:

1. Strongbad's techno song from Homestar Runner :ph34r:

2. It's Like That- Run DMC/Jason Nevins

3. Rockstar Remix- N.E.R.D

4. That theme from Life Aquatic that Bill Murray pipes into his headphones and dances to

5. That theme from Super Troopers that the German couple are blaring

6. Hot In Herre cover- Tiga

7. Galvanize- Chemical Brothers

8. Hey Girl, Hey Boy- Chemical Brothers

9. Disco Science (from Snatch)- Mirwais

10. Satisfaction- Benny Benassi

11. What You Waiting For?- Gwen Stefani (shut up)

12. Call On Me- Eric Prydz

13. Da Funk- Daft Punk

I don't know a great deal about this style of music, so any help would be appreciated.

I'm not much of a fan of this genre to be honest, but Ten Happy Fingers by the Cuban Boys is excellent. As is Ready Steady Go by Paul Oakenfold. Not sure if it quite fits with what you're after, but I really like Crystal Method, sort of techno/dance/rock. They did a track for the Blade Trinity soundtrack, Weapons of Mad Distortion, well worth checking out.

Stompbox - Overseer

Supermoves - Overseer

Velocity Shift - Overseer

Basstrap - Overseer

Atom Bomb - Fluke

Absurd - Fluke

Born too Slow - The Crystal Method

Keep Hope Alive - The Crystal Method

Those are some quality tunes.

None of that was techno. The only techno I see in this thread is mentioned by Booker T & The MG's. The Prodigy & Chemical Brothers too...depending on the songs and time.

Oh, CD done, nothing to add then.

Don't be so frigging picky, it pretty much all sounds the same anyway.

Guest Booker T & The MG's

None of that was techno. The only techno I see in this thread is mentioned by Booker T & The MG's. The Prodigy & Chemical Brothers too...depending on the songs and time.

Oh, CD done, nothing to add then.

Don't be so frigging picky, it pretty much all sounds the same anyway.

I hate it when people call dance shit (and pretty much all electronic music) techno. Two totally different types of music. So no, doesn't sound all the same.

Now dance music, that's a term I have no problem with. But techno I love and listen to everyday, I don't know if I'm at the level of a purist yet but still, it hurts me to see so-obviously-not-techno tunes get referred to as techno. Obviously it doesn't matter to you that much since you don't seem to be a huge fan of it, but that's ok. I guess I was kinda aggressive there, but as I said, I am always irritated by stuff like that.

And Booker T & The MG's said the rest of what I wanted to say, really. :P