Star Wars Question

Bigal

Could someone explain to me about Padme and Queen Amidala? Are they different people? Are they the same? I just found it really confusing. In Episode I, Padme's a handmaiden, but in Episode II she's the former queen. I feel dumb :(

Any help is appreciated.

As far as I know, Padme is the queen, she was pretending to be a handmaiden while a handmaiden pretended to be queen, to avoid assassination attempts or something.

Padme is the queen, but when the Trade Federation invaded she switched places with her bodyguard/handmaiden just incase, ya know, she was assasinated.

Uh, so yeah, what Kaney said. Thankfully they had Keira Knightley who looked uber-like Natalie Portman to play the handmaiden.

So near the end when Nute Gunray thinks he has the Queen, and another one turns up with the make-up and all, is that one the fake and the one captured the real one? Sorry if that was confusing.

So near the end when Nute Gunray thinks he has the Queen, and another one turns up with the make-up and all, is that one the fake and the one captured the real one? Sorry if that was confusing.

Nute Gunray catpures Padme (a.k.a Queen Amidala) and then the decoy turns up, tricking Nute Gunray into thinking SHe is the real one, and Padme is the decoy, so he sends most of his troops off to get her. I think that made sense.