Rangers Win The SPL On Final Day

The Kraig

One word.....bollocks!

Sore loser.

Dont be too proud .

Good this happened , but if it wouldve been a 3 team race it wouldve been good , a bit of competition

Why not? I could have actually walked down to Fir Park wearing my Rangers top and explained to all the Celtic fans parading around that Celtic had actually lost. Lots of them had left Fir Park way before the killer goal, thinking they were safe.

Big Terry (Butcher) was LOVING it.

Can you blame him? He's been great at Motherwell considering his position, and beating Celtic as the underdogs, to tip his former (probably favourite) club ahead by a point must have been the icing on the cake.

Actually if Celtic drew and Rangers won, Rangers would have won the league on goal difference.

Yeah, I knew that. But I wasn't exactly all there when I was following the results via internet updates (wasn't on normal TV >_<).

Celtic fans hate to wear there tops when they lose, but love to show it off when they win.

Yeah, and that's what I love the most. All year I've been wearing my Rangers top, even recently (like 3 weeks ago). I whipped it out again yesterday, heh.

That was an awful joke...really....

Christ, fuck off. Since when were you Scottish, thus qualified to care? It's not like Celtic were robbed or something, they were just the worse team overall after the entire season was over. And I am not talking shit here, I even spoke about this kind of thing in the FA Cup Final thread. Man United didn't deserve to win, because they didn't score. They did however, play the better football.

But the bottom line is: Rangers deserved to win, and generally play better football, and win they did.

(Whole lotta people posted since I last checked here).

EDIT: That Prso interview was fucking hilarious. He loves us! :lol:

Can't be arsed to edit so its just my quotes. I say bollocks not to Rangers winning, more to Celtic throwing it away, as I could care less about Scottish football, and at least when I see them, Celtic play a half decent game.

Also, the joke sucked.....thats the basic point.....I think most of those football related jokes suck, and I'm not gonna pull the punches on this one.

Guest Booker T & The MG's

Can't be arsed to edit so its just my quotes. I say bollocks not to Rangers winning, more to Celtic throwing it away, as I could care less about Scottish football, and at least when I see them, Celtic play a half decent game.

As I said, my judegements come from what I see of the teams, and Rangers have never been overly special recently (like, the last few seasons I mean), but Celtic have been awfully bad at throwing away games this season, allowing Rangers to sneak back in and win. To be honest, I was glad it was a tight race, and more interesting than the English title race, even if Rangers did win.

Also, since when did I have to be Scottish to care (just referring back to what Kraigy said)? I'm sure if I was saying good things about Rangers (which most of the Non-Scottish people in this thread have done) you wouldn't really mind. I follow Tampa Bay Lightning and New Orlean Saints...am I not allowed to do this due to me not being American?

The difference between a lot of Celtics and Rangers losses (although both lost to crap teams) were that Celtic lost quite a few games when going in front (from what I remember). Thier leaky defense let them down, and they lost a lot of points that way. With Rangers, quite often it seemed as if they were just beaten, without throwing away leads.

I might be wrong, but I just remember Celtic throwing away a lot of leads.

Guest Booker T & The MG's

Rangers only lost once (to Dundee Utd away) to a team outside of Celtic in the league all season, the problem with Rangers was they conceded soft goals which turned scraping a win into a draw. Rangers had the problem for long parts of the season of not killing games off.

Celtic lost more games, but drew less thanks to scraping more victorys most notably against Hearts away, and Aberdeen at home.

The point I'm making is that both teams threw away chances to pull away and win the league comfortably, but on top of that it was really Rangers who away threw leads away, and Celtic who flat out lost (e.g Hibs/Hearts at home).

Those weaknesses which Rangers & Celtic had kind of cancelled each other out that stopped either team pulling away and is why it came down to the wire.

Edited by Booker T & The MG's