WCW 2000

Pretty good show Phenom. I too didn't like the double pin in the tag match, But atleast it'll lead to a great triple threat at Slamboree with Three Count/Jung Dragons/Candido and Noble. I would have put Booker against someone more convincing than JTB though. It didn't really do much for Booker T to have him beat a lower card talent. I did like the angle with Flair/Helms/Luger. Luger hasn't been really doing much. I'd like to see the big goon get put into a feud with someone. DDP/Wall should be good, But I hope DDP goes over. I know you have to build up new stars and all, But I'd like to see DDP stick around the main event scene.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TheWire.com

Sunday Catch Up With Damian Rolls

-Talk continues about what exactly Vampiro is up to. Many speculate that he's putting together a group of followers, but those who were paying attention may notice that he referred to Berlyn as "nothing but a lackey". So does this mean the others have more to offer? Is he not looking for lackeys?

-Hulk Hogan is apparently back from injury and is expected to be at Monday Nitro with a response to Billy Kidman and a comment on the World Title situation.

-Also expected on Monday Nitro is Diamond Dallas Page, who should enlighten the fans on where he's been and what brought him back exactly.

-Officials were very impressed with Johnny the Bull's performance against Booker T on Thunder. It was, more or less, an audition to see how Johnny might be as a singles star in the future.

-WCW signed a deal with AT&T to sponsor TV shows until May of 2001 and a deal with 20th Century Fox to sponsor house shows. The extra income should help with any necessary roster additions.

-WCW also came to terms on contracts with Doug Williams, Chris Grant, Tony DeVito, and Hector Garza. All are said to be very good additions to WCW in the near future.

-May 25th, Ric Flair will make an appearance on the LAW radio show.

-WCW will be getting a commissioner soon so that Bischoff and Russo can focus purely on their backstage duties. This may happen as soon as the May 22nd edition of Monday Nitro, the night after Slamboree.

-Ratings news for last Monday

-WWF Raw is War with Kurt Angle beating Chris Benoit drew 975,718 viewers

-WCW Monday Nitro with Kidman beating Sid drew 522,262 viewers

-WCW Saturday Night Results

-Jung Dragons defeated the Harris Bros.

-The Artist defeated Lash Leroux

-Meng defeated Bam Bam Bigelow

-Chuck Polumbo defeated The Demon

-That's all I got for this week, but make sure to check me out next Sunday when I preview Slamboree and bring you the latest news and rumors before the big event.

5/15 Edition of Monday Nitro from Des Moines, Iowa

The standard opening video for Monday Nitro plays, followed by an explosion of pyro, then a scan of the semi-packed arena before settling in on Mark Madden and Tony Schiavone, who get us ready for the evening.

Tony Schiavone: Welcome folks to the last edition of Monday Nitro before Slamboree. Not only will we see Billy Kidman and Mike Awesome team up to take on Booker T and Sid, but Hulk Hogan is in the building!

Mark Madden: Did he bring his oxygen tank?

Tony Schiavone: I don't know about all that, but he's here and he's got something to say to Billy Kidman.

Mark Madden: Yea well Kidman's got something to say to him too.

Tony Schiavone: Also, Jeff Jarrett's in action, Crowbar defends the Hardcore Title, and lots more!

Mark Madden: Sounds like quite a night.

Tony Schiavone: But first, we're starting things off with Scott Steiner taking on up and comer, Chuck Polumbo! Let's go to the ring!

Scott Steiner vs. Chuck Polumbo

Talk about a slugfest. Polumbo showed a lot about himself, including the fact that he has the ability to go blow for blow with Scott Steiner. He never backed down and actually had the advantage based just on the punches. Steiner took over with his technical knowledge, suplexing Polumbo and even catching him with a german suplex. Steiner then hit a powerslam, nearly driving him through the ring. Before Steiner could lock in the Steiner Recliner, Jeff Jarrett was making his way down the aisle, guitar in hand. Steiner immediately turned his attention to Jarrett and in the ring, Polumbo grabbed Steiner, turning him around. Steiner turned around and drilled Polumbo with a right hand that knocked him to the mat, then turned back to Jarrett, who shattered the guitar over Steiner's head. Mickey J saw what happened and immediately called for the bell.

Winner: Scott Steiner

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

The crowd stood on their feet and absolutely erupted when Hulk Hogan's music hit and he stepped out from behind the curtain, soaking it all in. He slapped hands and played to the crowd all the way to the ring, taking the microphone and waiting for the crowd to quiet down.

Hulk Hogan: Ya know something maniacs, there's been a lot of talk and a lot of badmouthing of Hulk Hogan lately brothers and now that I'm back, I'm putting an end to it. Billy Kidman, I never held you down brother, you just weren't good enough. You haven't earned a spot next to Hulk Hogan on the marquee. While I was beating Vader and Flair and taking down the best of the best, you were dwindling in opening matches with the other cruiserweights. Now you want to be a main eventer and blame me for not giving you the chance? Let me tell you something brother, I've earned everything I've got and you're gonna have to earn yours too brother. You may as well earn it tonight, wuddayasay brother, me and you, right here!

Kidman's music hits and he steps out onto the stage, Torrie by his side. He's got a mic of his own and waits for the crowd to quiet.

Billy Kidman: So now the great Hulk Hogan wants a match, on his time as usual.

The crowd cheers for the match possibility.

Billy Kidman: Well, it's not gonna happen...not tonight. I'm tired of doing things when you're ready Hogan, I'm doing things on BK time now. Besides, not only do I have a World Title shot this Sunday, but I have a tag match coming up in the main event. But stick around old man, you may learn something.

Hogan wastes no time with a response.

Hulk Hogan: Ya know something brother, you're a real piece of work. You trash my name for a month and now here I am, ready to go, and you're backing down?

Kidman laughs at the comments.

Billy Kidman: Backing down? You just don't get it, do you? My World doesn't revolve around you Hogan. I've got a match tonight, deal with it.

Kidman turns back around and heads to the back while Hogan's upset in the ring and the scene fades to commercial.

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

Back in the lair of Vampiro, the room filled with darkness and a slight red light, Vampiro's on his feet, looking up and down at Curt Hennig, who's being held back by North. Hennig's trying to get loose, but appears to be in pretty bad condition. Vampiro stares at him some more, then slaps him across the face. Hennig instantly reacts, fighting wildly to get loose from the grasp of North, trying to get at Vampiro, who just laughs.

Vampiro: Perfect.

North smiles, but then questions Vampiro.

North: Perfect for what?

Vampiro looks up at North and answers.

Vampiro: Perfect for Sting.

North doesn't know exactly what it means, but Vampiro seems happy as he watches Hennig struggle and the scene fades to the ring.

Three Count vs. Chris Candido/Jamie Knoble

Shannon Moore and Candido started off, Candido taking the early advantage with a couple vertical suplexes and an elbow drop, then brought in Jamie Knoble, who came off the top rope with a legdrop to Moore but only got a two count before Karagias broke it up. Moore tagged out and Karagias ducked a kick from Knoble and pulled Knoble's legs out from under him, then slingshotted him into the turnbuckle. Knoble bounced off and Karagias delivered a reverse DDT to him. Karagias with some stomps to Knoble, then tagged in Shannon Moore, who came off the top turnbuckle with a senton splash. He covered Knoble, but Knoble kicked out. Knoble fought Moore off with right hands and managed to get the tag to Candido. Candido charged Moore, who took him down with a head scissors takedown, sending Candido through the ropes. Moore followed that up with a springboard plancha. Knoble looked at both of them on the outside and dove through the middle ropes with a rolling takedown. Karagias, not to be outdone, headed up to the top rope and took Candido out with a missile dropkick. All four men were out on the floor and Charles Robinson had no choice but to rule the match a double countout.

Winner: Nobody

After the match, Jimmy Yang and Kaz Hayashi made their way down to ringside. Hayashi went after Moore, Yang went after Candido, Knoble and Karagias went after each other and it erupted into a six man brawl. Referees tried to seperate the teams as the scene faded to commercial.

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

Backstage, Scott Steiner bursts in the door with Vince Russo's name on it and sure enough, Vince is behind his desk, writing furiously. He looks up at Steiner, then rolls his eyes.

Vince Russo: What is it?

Steiner's less than happy and his loud voice says so.

Scott Steiner: Did you see that crap that Jarrett pulled? What the hell are you gonna do about it Russo?

Vince Russo: I don't have time for this Steiner, what do you want me to do?

Scott Steiner: I want my match with Jarrett to be no disqualification, falls count anywhere.

Vince Russo: What?

Scott Steiner: You heard me. No dq, falls count anywhere!

Russo shakes his head, going back to his paperwork.

Scott Steiner: Dammit Russo!

Vince Russo: Look fine, whatever. Make the match whatever you want, I don't have time for this Steiner!

Steiner smiles, knowing he got his way. He leaves the room and Russo doesn't even notice, he's focused on whatever he's working on while the scene fades to the ring.

Juventud Guerrera vs. The Artist

Juvi got a good reaction from the crowd, but they just don't seem into The Artist's gimmick. The ringwork was decent with Juvi using more aerial maneuvers and Artist trying to focus more on a grounded attack. Artist used a back chop on Juvi, then went for a running kick to the head on Juvi. Juvi ducked that, then kicked Artist in the midsection and drove him into the mat with the Juvi Driver. Juvi hooked the leg and got the three count.

Winner: Juventud Guerrera

After the match, the jumbotron lights up with an image of Mike Sanders. A clip is shown of someone flipping off the top rope and missing the move. Sanders then puts in a dragon sleeper and watches as they go to sleep. Sanders stands and looks back at the camera as the words "Mike Sanders: Technically, the best cruiserweight on the planet" appear and then the screen goes black. Juvi's staring at the screen, but blows it off and heads to the back while the scene fades to commercial.

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

Crowbar vs. The Cat

Cat locked up with Crowbar, sent him into the ropes, then hit him with a spin kick to the midsection. Cat with a karate chop on Crowbar, then another spinkick to the midsection. Cat with a bodyslam, then follows it up with a quick legdrop but Crowbar kicks out. Cat sends Crowbar into the ropes and Crowbar hangs onto the ropes. Cat charges and Crowbar lifts him over the top to the outside. Crowbar springboards off the top rope and takes Cat down with a missile dropkick. Crowbar sends Cat into the guardrail and dropkicks him in the chest for extra impact. Under the ring, Crowbar pulls out a Crowbar, but swings and misses. Cat with a side suplex on the concrete, then grabs a chair from the front row. He swings but misses and hits concrete. Crowbar grabs the chair and throws it at Cat, who catches it in front of his face. Crowbar kicks the chair into the face of Cat, who stumbles back into the ring. Crowbar grabs the chair and heads to the top rope, jumping off with a legdrop onto the chair onto Cat's chest. Crowbar makes the cover and gets the win.

Winner: Crowbar

Backstage, Sid is with Booker T.

Booker T: You ready?

Sid kinda snarles and nods his head, standing up.

Booker T: Then let's go take care of business.

Sid stops Booker as he's walking out the door.

Sid: You know...you're holding my belt.

Booker looks at him, unsure of what to do.

Booker T: Worry about this match, then we'll worry about who's belt it is. Dig?

Sid nods his head and the two appear to be unison as the scene fades to black.

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

Jeff Jarrett vs. Rick Steiner

Steiner locks up with Jarrett and right away sends Jarrett into the ropes, taking him down with a shoulderblock. Steiner bounces off the ropes and goes for a steinerline, but Jarrett ducks it, then leapfrogs Steiner and takes him down with an armdrag. Jarrett stands Steiner back up and delivers a neckbreaker. Jarrett goes for the pin, but Rick kicks out. Jarrett kept trying to wear Steiner down, but Steiner showed resiliance and kicked out of every attempt, eventually fighting back and gaining the advantage himself with some solid right hands. He dumped Jarrett with a back body drop, then clotheslined him over the top rope. When Jarrett slid back into the ring, Steiner went to whip Jarrett into the ropes, but Jarrett reversed it and sent Steiner into the corner. He hit hard and bounced off, Jarrett meeting him in the middle of the ring and bulldogging him down. Jarrett followed that with the Stroke and got the win.

Winner: Jeff Jarrett

Backstage again, and again outside the office of Vince Russo. Again it swings open, but this time it's Eric Bischoff pushing his way in. Russo, still looking very busy, looks up from the desk and at Bischoff.

Vince Russo: What?

Eric Bischoff: What? You have the nerve to ask me what?

Russo pounds his desk and stands up.

Vince Russo: What is it Bischoff? I don't have time for games.

Eric Bischoff: But you have time to change matches and give Steiner a no dq, falls count anywhere match?

Vince Russo: What are you talkin bout?

Eric Bischoff: You changed the match.

Vince Russo: Yea, Steiner came in all upset, who cares. I don't have time to deal with this.

Eric Bischoff: That's the problem. Neither one of us have time.

Vince Russo: Exactly.

Eric Bischoff: So I think we need a commissioner.

Russo sits back down, thinking about it before responding.

Vince Russo: And you have someone in mind?

Eric Bischoff: It'll be a bit of a surprise choice, but yea.

Vince Russo: You may be right Bischoff, maybe we do need some help.

Bischoff makes sure the cameraman is in the hallway, then shuts the door so him and Russo can talk. Scene fades to commercial.

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

"Mean" Gene Okerlund is standing backstage with Diamond Dallas Page.

"Mean" Gene Okerlund: Dallas Page, you emerged from practically out of nowhere on Wednesday and saved me from the grasp of The Wall. Why'd you come back now?

Diamond Dallas Page: For the last month, I've sat at home nursing my ribs and watching as Wall terrorizes WCW, beating people in mere seconds, picking on defenseless staff members in the back, and being a menace. Last week, I was getting ready to make my return when I saw him put his hands around your throat. Couldn't have that, could we? So I did what I had to do.

"Mean" Gene Okerlund: Rumors in the back say that Wall is looking for you and he wants to end your career.

Diamond Dallas Page: There's been plenty of people before him and they'll be plenty of people after him that want to end my career Mean Gene. Truth is, if Wall wants a piece, all he has to do is show up on Thunder and he can have him a piece.

"Mean" Gene Okerlund: Is that a challenge?

Diamond Dallas Page: You're damn right it's a challenge. And on Thunder, Wall will.....Feel....The....Bang!

DDP breaks the diamond symbol in the air and takes off to the back, a thunderous ovation resonating throughout the arena and the scene fades to the main event.

Kidman/Awesome vs. Booker T/Sid

Kidman started off against Booker T and Booker took him down with consecutive armdrags, then planted him into the mat with a standing spinebuster. Booker sent Kidman into the ropes, looking for a back body drop but Kidman responded with a kick to Booker's chest. Kidman with a chop to Booker's chest, but Booker responds with a right hand, then another, and another. Booker sent Kidman into the ropes, looking for an axe kick, but Kidman ducked it, bounced off the ropes and took Booker down with a flying right hand before tagging in Mike Awesome. Booker stood up and Awesome bodyslammed him back down, then jumped and landed an elbow drop. Awesome picked Booker off the mat, putting him over his shoulder, but Booker slid down Awesome's back, then kneed him and sent him face first into the corner. Booker tagged in Sid, who stepped over the top rope with a huge pop from the crowd. Awesome turned around and when the two went to lock up, Awesome kicked him in the gut twice, then tossed him through the ropes to the outside. Douglas and Kidman both put the boots to Sid while Awesome kept Nick Patrick's attention, then rolled Sid back in. Sid stood up and Awesome nailed him with an inverted atomic drop, then backed into the ropes and drilled him with a clothesline. Awesome tagged in Kidman, who went to the top rope but waited for Sid to get to his feet. He came off with a crossbody that Sid caught and slammed into the mat. Kidman rolled over to Awesome and brought him back in. Sid rocked Awesome with right hands, then sent him into the ropes, stopping him with a bearhug, squeezing Awesome in the middle of the ring. Kidman came into the ring, but Booker cut him off. Nick Patrick focused on trying to get those two out of the ring and that allowed Shane Douglas to grab a chair and slide in himself. Shane got to his feet and drilled Sid in the back with the chair but before any more damage could be done, Hulk Hogan came down the aisle and slid in the ring. Douglas got the right hands first, then Hogan delivered em to Awesome. Kidman saw Hogan and immediately left Booker alone and slid under the bottom rope to the outside. Hogan sent Awesome into the ropes, then delivered the big boot, which staggered Awesome and made him stumble right into a chokeslam from Sid. Patrick was all sorts of confused but saw Sid pinning Awesome and made the three count.

Winner: Sid/Booker T

Hogan leaned over the top rope, shouting at Kidman, who kept saying "On my time old man, my time." Nitro faded to black with Awesome laid out in the middle of the ring and Kidman backing up the aisle.

Quick Results

Scott Steiner d. Chuck Polumbo

Match Reaction = 57.3%

Match Quality = 70.5%

Overall Rating = 63.9%

Three Count draws Chris Candido/Jamie Knoble

Match Reaction = 72.3%

Match Quality = 79.4%

Overall Rating = 80.4%

Juventud Guerrera d. The Artist

Match Reaction = 52.8%

Match Quality = 76.6%

Overall Rating = 68.3%

Crowbar d. The Cat

Match Reaction: 74.7%

Match Quality: 72.2%

Overall Rating: 74.6%

Jeff Jarrett d. Rick Steiner

Match Reaction = 62.5%

Match Quality = 70.4%

Overall Rating = 75.3%

Booker T/Sid d. Kidman/Mike Awesome

Match Reaction = 84.3%

Match Quality = 76.0%

Overall Rating = 90.5%

Overall Rating of 79.9%

Edited by Typical Phenom

Uh oh, saying "Perfect" around Curt Hennig. That's almost asking for a lawsuit there :P

I really like how Kidman is dancing Hogan around, real classic heel stuff there. Especially considering every heel in the universe has pretty much just fallen right into a match with Hogan whenever possible.

Good Nitro Phenom. I'm digging Billy Kidman right now. I thought you did a great job with him ducking Hogan's challenge and having him tell Hogan to do it on his own time. I can't wait to see those two finally lock up. I hope Kidman wins, But I doubt the old bastard will put him over. Maybe Kidman can go after Helms' US Championship? Steiner/Jarrett is going all right too. Though, I'm not really all that into it. Not your fault though, I just never really dug them all that much, Except Jarrett when was with the country singer gimmick. (Y) The main event was good, And by the looks of the previous segment, Could we see Booker Vs. Sid soon? I think it would be a good match to have on a Nitro or Thunder to put Booker T over as a big player. The Vampiro stuff is getting me interested each and everytime he's on. I can't wait to see what Sting will do. Also, I don't know if you noticed, But look back at the Steiner/Russo segment.

Backstage, Steiner finds Russo in the back and demands that his match with Jarrett be made into a no disqualification, falls count anywhere match. Russo doesn't have time to argue, so he just agrees to it.

Alright, here's my rundown of the final Nitro before Slamboree.

Good to see Polumbo get some offense in rather then just be fodder for Steiner. Jarrett does the obligatory run in to put some more stank on their PPV. It also sets up the latter angle nicely. I'm not totally pumped about this feud but you did a decent build job tonight.

A really good segment between Hogan and BK. Though I was hoping that the returning Hulkster would have done more on Nitro. Not sure exactly what I'm expecting but it just felt like Hogan did the minimum. I do enjoy the angle of BK taking his time before matching up with Hogan. It's a great cowardly heel things to do and it should play out nicely. It'll make the eventual match something to really want to see. Something WCW never did for the real BK v. Orange Golbin.

Still not a fan of the Vamprio stuff. It's a little over the top for me at this point. I still just see visions of Ministry Undertaker.

The tag title match had the predictable finish. A pretty by the numbers set up for a 3 way tag title match but that is allowed. A match with these guys doesn't need a lot of build in order to rock the house.

Steiner and Russo segment built nicely to the 'we need a commisioner' segment. I am intrigued to see who Bischoff has in mind. Though I wonder what the two are so busy with? They never seem to do anything on TV. Steiner v. Jarrett in a No DQ match will nicely put some more heat on things.

Nice Juvi squash. Artist is useless at this point other then as a cruiser jobber. A look forward to a Sanders and Juvi program is that is what was the point of things.

Nitro seems to be filled with a lot of matches that are basically jobber matches with forgone conclusions. I don't necessarily agree that The Cat should be a jobber but he doesn't seem to be doing much else. His purpose was to just push Crowbar. I don't like Rick Steiner but that is all what he was for Jarrett too. Though it helps the feud to have Jarrett beat Scott's brother. I think, Nitro would be better suited to have less matches where the outcome is so certian. It would help by making guys like Buff and The Cat not seem like complete job boys.

The Booker and Sid segment was good. Would appear to be some foreshadowing for the future.

Nice DDP interview to set-up a match with the Wall. I doubt things will be settled on Thunder and we will have ourselves another Slamboree match.

A decent main event that made everyone look good. Though I'd think that the match would have been better suited to have some heat put on BK and Booker since they have the PPV match. Rather, we see BK and Hogan getting the push. Maybe Hogan will still insert himself into Slamboree? Too bad to see Awesome get pinned since I think he should be a monster pushed heel at this point. He could really use a pin over Sid.

A decent show that could have used some more Slamboree hype. A decent amount of stories were addressed and I definitely enjoyed the show.

5/17 Edition of Thunder from Omaha, NE

Backstage, the camera focuses in on the calf of Stacy Keibler, slowly moving up her leg to the black skirt she wears, then zooms out to show her talking with Elix Skipper and Kid Romeo.

Stacy Keibler: Alright boys, it's been a few weeks that you've been working together, now it's time to show the World that it's paid off.

Skipper and Romeo look at each other.

Stacey Keibler: I know what you can do, but they don't.

They still don't look like they're buying into it.

Stacey Keibler: Plus, if you win...I'll have a....special....surprise..

Keibler licks her lips and gives a wink and that does it. Skipper and Romeo both stand up, highfiving each other, the motivation suddenly there as Thunder opens up to Mike Tenay and Bobby Heenan at the announce booth.

Mike Tenay: 4 days away from Slamboree and what an event it’s shaping up to be.

Bobby Heenan: You got that right Tenay. Titles on the line, scores to settle…

Mike Tenay: Plus, we’ve got some announcements to make right now. For the WCW Tag Team championship, it will be Chris Candido and Jamie Knoble defending against the Jung Dragons and Three Count in a triple threat match!

Bobby Heenan: That team with Yang and Hayoshi looks hard to beat.

Mike Tenay: That’s Hayashi Brain.

Bobby Heenan: Yashi, Yoshi, all the same to me.

Mike Tenay: And the major announcement. When Booker T defends his World Title against Billy Kidman, Hulk Hogan will be the special guest referee!

Bobby Heenan: See, now why does Hogan have to put his nose in everyone else’s business? He can’t stand the fact that Kidman got a title shot, so he has to horn in and make himself a part of it.

Mike Tenay: I think he’s just there to ensure the match stays fair.

Bobby Heenan: Isn’t that what regular refs are for?

Mike Tenay: Whatever the case may be, Hogan’s the referee and that’s all there is to it.

Bobby Heenan: I just want to see the Nature Boy destroy that punk Helms.

Mike Tenay: You may get that chance. Tonight though, they pick each other’s opponents. I know Helms has picked Hugh Morrus to face Flair, but we don’t yet know who Flair has picked.

Bobby Heenan: It could be anyone, it could be Arn Anderson, it could be Tully Blanchard, it could be….

Mike Tenay: Now Brain, there’s no time for debate, we’ve got Meng and Brian Knobbs with the winner moving onto face Crowbar at Slamboree!

Meng vs. Brian Knobbs

Meng was in the ring when Brian Knobbs came down the aisle, stop sign and what appears to be half a pool cue in hand. Knobbs slides in the ring and Meng attacks, punching and hitting the stop sign. Knobbs then hits him in the knee with the pool stick, drops the stop sign, hits him in the head, and DDTs Meng onto the stop sign. Knobbs stands Meng up and Meng jabs him in the throat. Meng stands up and picks up the stop sign, bringing it down hard at first, but slowing before making contact with Knobbs. It was obvious enough to get some boos from the crowd. Meng sent Knobbs into the ropes, then delivered a kick to the midsection of Knobbs and bodyslammed him onto the stop sign. Knobbs kicked out at two and rolled to the outside. He grabbed a chair and slid back in. He swung at Meng, but missed and hit the turnbuckle. Meng ran Knobbs head into the chair four times in a row, then when Knobbs turned, he applied the tongan death grip and ended the match.

Winner: Meng

Again, the scene is the lair belonging to Vampiro, who's standing, staring at something in the distance when North walks in, Sting walking right behind him, almost zombie-like. Vampiro turns and looks at Sting, then at North.

Vampiro: How's he been?

North nods his head.

North: Perfect.

Vampiro lets North step aside and steps forward to Sting. He grabs him by the chin, lifting his head up but Sting's eyes still fall to the ground, not able to look Vampiro in the eye.

Vampiro: You've given up control of yourself, that's good. But now you must be tested. At Slamboree, you will face Curt Hennig and you will do as I say.

No reaction from Sting.

Vampiro: Curt Hennig is not to walk out under his own power, do you understand me?

Still no reaction from Sting, but a smile from Vampiro.

Vampiro: I know you do. Now get out of here, you need to get ready for Sunday.

Vampiro shoves Sting away and North walks him out while the scene fades.

Elix Skipper/Kid Romeo w/Stacey vs. La Parka/Sharkboy

Fans weren't quite sure if they were supposed to take La Parka and Sharkboy seriously and they weren't quite ready to buy Skipper and Romeo as a credible team. Despite that, both teams put on a good performance with La Parka using his size to try and dominate physically but having troubles dealing with Skipper's athleticism. On a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker attempt, Skipper kept spinning and spun out of it, then managed to hit La Parka with an insiguri. Skipper jumped up to the top turnbuckle and instead of going for La Parka, he turned and dropkicked Sharkboy off the apron. He carried the match since Romeo seemed limited on offense, unable to really draw the crowd in. Sharkboy tried a hurricanrana, but Skipper just dropped him to the mat with a powerbomb. He tagged in Kid Romeo and together, they put Sharkboy in a front facelock and lifted him into the air, then pulled his head in and drove him face first into the mat, a move they call the Total Eclipse. Romeo made the pin for three.

Winner: Skipper/Romeo

Gene Okerlund, keeping himself busy, is now backstage with one of the two contenders for the WCW Television Title, Shawn Stasiak.

Gene Okerlund: Shawn Stasiak, first of all allow me to congratulate you on making it to the finals of the TV Title round robin tournament.

Shawn Stasiak: No congratulations necessary. After all, it was pretty much a lock that I'd make it.

Gene Okerlund: A second generation superstar, how does being the son of Stan Stasiak help you?

Shawn Stasiak: What my father did in the ring has nothing to do with me. By the time I'm finished, it'll be nothing by comparison anyway.

Gene Okerlund: The wrestler formerly known as Disco Inferno claims that he should be in the TV Title match and has even gone as far as to challenge you tonight, what do you say?

Shawn Stasiak: Did I already beat Disco?

Gene Okerlund: Yes, I believe you did.

Shawn Stasiak: Then why would I waste my time and energy to risk my title shot when there's simply nothing in it for me?

Okerlund has no response for that.

Shawn Stasiak: Exactly. Sorry Disco, but it looks like you're going to have to take out your newfound aggression on someone else.

Okerlund thanks Stasiak for the time and sends the action back to the ring.

Former Disco Inferno vs. Andy Anderson

Andy Anderson’s made his WCW debut in this one and you could tell he was nervous. He locked up with Disco, who backed him into the ropes, then delivered forearm shots to Andy’s chest. Andy oversold all of them and the crowd seemed to notice. Disco with a vertical suplex rolled over into a pin, but Anderson kicked out. Anderson fought back with right hands followed up by an interted atomic drop and then a Russian leg sweep, driving Disco face first into the mat. Anderson put on a boston crab, but Disco was close enough to the ropes that he was able to break the hold. Disco again locked up with Anderson, this time sending him into the ropes and taking him down with a lou thesz press, followed by right hands to the side of his head. Disco was in complete control and knew it. He kicked Anderson in the midsection, then delivered the chartbuster for the win.

Winner: Former Disco Inferno

Tenay says that they have special footage from Rey Mysterio’s final rehab session before he makes his comeback at Slamboree. Rolls the clip and sure enough, there’s Mysterio in the ring with a sparring partner going through his normal moves, the hurricanrana, the head scissors takedown, the springboard. Rey’s looking pretty good when the guy in charge blows a whistle to end it. He says something briefly to Rey, checks his knee real quick, and shakes his hand. Rey slides out of the ring and goes to the water fountain, getting a quick drink of water, but when he puts his head down to sip, someone from behind rams his face into the fountain! The camera pans back and Chavo Guerrero Jr. is there, now pummeling Rey in the back of the head and he ran him face first into the concrete wall! The trainer and the sparring partner come out of the ring, but Chavo takes care of them with right hands and throws the trainer into the wall as well. Chavo grabs Rey and pulls his leg out straight, then starts stomping away at it, over and over and over. Chavo looks around and finds a steel folding chair, set up so people can watch the ring. He folds it up, walks over to Rey and jabs it into the side of his knee. Chavo drops the chair and is laughing to himself while Rey writhes in pain on the floor. Chavo stands over Rey and says one thing….”See you Sunday Mysterio.” The clip ends and the scene fades to commercial.

Chris Candido vs. Kaz Hayashi vs. Evan Karagias

Candido takes Karagias down with a headlock, but Hayashi connects with a running knee to the face of Candido, then puts Karagias down with a Michinoku driver. Kaz turns back to Candido, who puts him in a front facelock, then vertical suplexes Kaz gutfirst onto the top rope. Karagias sees the predicament and slides under the bottom rope, looking to suplex Kaz onto the floor. Kaz reverses it and brings Karagias back in the hard way. Candido goes for a dropkick on Kaz, but Kaz backsteps and he misses. Kaz with a quick sliding elbow to the gut of Karagias, then goes for the pin, barely getting a two. Candido charges Kaz, who takes him down and locks in a side headlock on the mat. Karagias pulls Kaz up and sends him into the ropes, connecting with a high knee. Karagias with a dropkick and Kaz falls to the outside. From behind, Candido with a german suplex on Karagias but Kaz slides back into break up the three count. Kaz and Candido send Karagias into the ropes, both men lifting him up into the air and letting him fall face first to the mat. Kaz with a kick to Candido’s midsection, then drills a snap suplex, Candido’s back hitting hard. Candido back to his feet and Kaz puts him down with a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker, then lets Candido fall to the mat. Karagias is up and Kaz plants him with a DDT. Hayashi heads up to the top turnbuckle. Hayashi with a back senton splash onto Karagias! Hayashi with the cover and gets the three.

Winner: Kaz Hayashi

Chris Kanyon’s standing backstage with “Mean” Gene Okerlund.

Gene Okerlund: Alright Chris, earlier we heard from Shawn Stasiak, who says he was the odds on favorite to win the TV title and all he’s doing is fulfilling his destiny, what do you have to say?

Chris Kanyon: Well, I’m not a man who believes in fate, so I don’t know about all that destiny crap. All I know is that I’m the most talented wrestler in WCW today and that alone is why I’m on my way to becoming the next Television champion.

Gene Okerlund: The most talented wrestler in WCW today? That’s a bold statement.

Chris Kanyon: Bold, but true. It’s all about versatility Okerlund. Nobody combines strength, agility, technical prowess, and speed like I do. Nobody has ever been as innovative as I am. There’s never been anyone like me and I doubt there will ever be again.

Gene Okerlund: With you and Stasiak, this could become a battle of the egos…

Chris Kanyon: With me involved, there is no battle. This match at Slamboree Gene, it’s nothing more than a cakewalk.

Kanyon smirks and walks off as the scene fades.

Jamie Knoble vs. Jimmy Yang vs. Shannon Moore

Knoble locks up with Yang, pushing him back into the ropes. Moore attacks Knoble from behind, forearming him in the back of his head. Moore tosses Knoble through the ropes, then gets chopped in the chest by Yang. Yang sends Moore into the ropes, stopping him with a back elbow, then spinning around Moore and putting a full nelson on him. Yang trips Moore and drives him face first into the mat with the full nelson still on. Yang with a cover, but Knoble slides back into the ring and pulls Yang off, lifting him into the air and dropping him face first on the top turnbuckle. Knoble follows that up by grabbing Yang and german suplexing him to the middle of the ring. Knoble stands and gets dropkicked by Moore into the corner. Moore follows that up by charging, but Knoble just lifts him straight up into the air and brings him down with an inverted atomic drop. Yang with a yakuza kick to the back of Moore’s head. Moore falls towards Knoble, who DDTs him as he’s falling. Knoble stands back up and catches a kick from Yang. Yang changes up and drills Knoble with an insiguri. Yang goes for the cover, but Knoble kicks out at two. Yang sends Knoble into the ropes, connecting with a back elbow, then spinning around and delivering the same full nelson/trip that he did to Moore. He goes for the pin again, but Moore breaks it up with an elbow drop. Moore grabs Yang, hitting him with two forearms and backing him into the corner. Moore grabs Yang and climbs up to the top turnbuckle, ready for a tornado DDT. Yang fights him off. Knoble runs into the back of Yang and Yang goes head first and accidentally lowblows Moore. Knoble spins Yang around, connecting with a right hand, but Yang responds with a chop, then tries to DDT Knoble. Instead, Knoble holds his position, lifts Yang, and plants him with a northern lights suplex, unable to bridge out for the pin. Knoble stands up and Moore leaps off the top rope, turning it into a super-rana! Moore hooks the legs of Knoble and gets the three count before Yang can break it up.

Winner: Shannon Moore

Gene Okerlund's standing backstage with Jeff Jarrett, who has his guitar with him and a smile on his face.

Gene Okerlund: And what are you so happy about?

Jeff Jarrett: Don't you see Okerlund? That dumb genetic freak Scott Steiner walked right into my plan.

Gene Okerlund: And how'd he do that?

Jeff taps his guitar.

Jeff Jarrett: He made this completely legal. Think about it Okerlund, now when I shatter this guitar over his head, it'll be legal. There's no way I can lose.

Gene Okerlund: You realize Steiner can use weapons too, right?

Jeff Jarrett: It doesn't matter what Steiner can and can't do. You don't understand, Scott Steiner cannot compete with me on an even playing field Okerlund. No disqualification, falls count anywhere, it doesn't....matter. Look at what I did to Midajah. If I'm willing to do that to her, just imagine...imagine Okerlund...what I'll do to Scott Steiner.

Jarrett smirks at Okerlund, pats his guitar, and walked off while the scene fades.

DDP vs. The Wall

The crowd is so insanely behind DDP, it’s…well…insane. Due to that, Wall instantly drew heat when he attacked DDP from behind as he was coming down the aisle, running him face first into the steel pole, then whipping him back first into the steel guardrail. The assault continued with Wall lifting DDP into the air and dropping him throat first across the top of the guardrail. Wall picks Page up again for a slam, but Page manages to get himself turned over and ends up behind Wall, shoving him midsection first into the guardrail. Page with an elbow to the back of Wall, driving that midsection down onto the guardrail more. Page grabbed Wall’s head and bounced it off the guardrail, then spun around and took him down with a driving clothesline. Page gets back up, breathing heavily and clutching at his ribs. He gets up to the apron but not much further before Wall grabs him and brings him back down to the concrete the hardway. Wall picks Page up and bodyslams him on the steel rampway, Page bridging up out of pain instantly. Wall walks past Page up to the stage area and disappears behind the curtain. He re-emerged with a 2x4. Page is on his feet and making his way up the ramp when he sees Wall swinging the 2x4. He steps aside and Wall slams the wood into the stage. Page kicks him in the midsection from the side, then bulldogs him headfirst into the stage. Page grabs the 2x4 and when Wall gets to his feet, jabs it into his midsection. Page looks like he may go for a homerun, but Wall reacts before Page can swing and puts his hand around DDP’s throat! Wall looks like he might chokeslam Page off the stage, but Dallas thinks quickly and kicks Wall right where no man should ever be kicked. Wall’s eyes bug out and he releases Page. Page puts up the diamond sign and breaks it, then quickly delivers the Diamond Cutter to Wall on stage! Page rolls away and gets back to his feet, giving the diamond sign again as he makes his way to the back. Referee Charles Robinson just looks at both men and throws the match out.

Winner: Nobody

Backstage, Shane Helms is standing alone, the WCW United States title in his hand. He’s got a serious look on his face and the crowd has gone quiet in anticipation.

Shane Helms: Back when I was a kid growing up in North Carolina, I was the biggest Ric Flair around. I loved the stylin’, the profilin’, the way he walked, and the way he talked. I didn’t care about what happened in the ring so much, it was just the whole persona of “The Nature Boy” that drew me in. To me, he could do no wrong. Even when I was supposed to hate him, I still cheered and I still strutted and oh yea, I even “Wooooooo”ed just like him.

The crowd responds with a woooo of their own and Helms can’t help but smile.

Shane Helms: Just when I thought I couldn’t possibly be more of a fan, I saw one match that changed my perspective. April 2nd, 1989, Clash of the Champions, Ric Flair against Ricky Steamboat. Anyone who claims to be a wrestling fan and hasn’t seen that match, hasn’t seen what wrestling’s all about. Before that match, wrestling was a show, it was entertainment, it was the glamour of Ric Flair, but after that match, I knew it was more than that. I watched how much each man put into that match, I watched the sweat drip out of their bodies, and I knew, to be a wrestler, it took passion, it took guts, and it took a love for the sport. I had been helping a local promotion, setting up rings, doing odd jobs, whatever. But after that match, I went in and I said I wanted to learn, I wanted to start training. I didn’t want to watch anymore, I wanted to be in the ring.

Helms pauses, swallowing and clearing his throat.

Shane Helms: So yea, you could say I owe my career to you Ric. I became what I became because of Ric Flair. Whether that means something to you or not, it means something to me. So when you came in the ring and told me I wasn’t worthy of being the United States champion, that I wasn’t on that level, I’m not gonna lie Ric, it hurt. It hurt. Then you attack me? Imagine being attacked by your hero, your idol…it made me re-think what I was doing. Made me wonder if I was pursuing the right path. And I came to a conclusion. Maybe I don’t belong here Ric, maybe I’m not good enough, but I know three things. I have the passion, I have the guts, and I have the love for the sport.

Helms lifts up the US title and shows it to the camera.

Shane Helms: I know the history behind this belt Ric and I respect it tremendously. And despite how it may seem, I respect you more than anyone else in this business. After Slamboree Ric…

Helms drops the title out of view and looks into the camera.

Shane Helms: You’ll respect me.

Helms stares as the scene fades to commercial.

Flair vs. Hugh Morrus

Flair gives a loud wooooo right in the face of Morrus, who responds with a right and the match is on. Morrus with the obvious strength advantage slams Flair to the mat, then bounces off the ropes, looking for a splash. Flair gets his knees up and Morrus rolls away clutching his ribs. Flair and Morrus to their feet and woooo, a chop by Flair. Two more follow that and Morrus is holding his chest and ribs now. Flair pulls Morrus head down to his side just so Flair can drive repeated fists into Morrus’ forehead. Flair then runs Morrus’s face along the top rope, trying to give him a ropeburn. Flair follows it with a side suplex and thus far, he’s all vintage Ric Flair. Morrus gets back up and Flair hooks him in a front facelock, but he can’t get him up for a vertical suplex. Instead, Morrus reverses and lifts Flair into the air, letting him fall forward with a reverse suplex!

Morrus sends Flair hard into the corner. Flair flips over the turnbuckle as usual, but runs to the other side and climbs up top. This time, he even gets as far as to jump off, but Morrus catches him and drives him into the mat with a falling powerslam. Morrus goes for two but Flair gets up. Morrus stomps him a few times in the midsection, then goes up top, signaling for it. He stands there, looking out at the fans, then leaps with the No Laughing Matter moonsault. Flair barely had time to move out of the way, but once he got to his feet, Flair looked down at Morrus. Flair went for the figure and locked it in. Morrus was close to the ropes but couldn’t reach and had no choice but to tap out.

Winner: Ric Flair

Flair stands in the ring, breathing heavy from the match, but demands a mic anyway. He doesn’t even wait for the crowd to quiet.

Ric Flair: Shane Helms! You want me to respect you? Where I come from, you earn respect, it’s not given to you. I went ahead and beat Hugh Morrus, now it’s your turn to face an opponent of my choosing. And I made sure to pick the meanest son of a bitch I know. He doesn’t care about winning Helms, he’s just here to hurt you. He’s “The Taskmaster” Kevin Sullivan!

On cue, the old music hits and out comes Kevin Sullivan, looking pretty out of shape considering the years without ringwork. The crowd’s surprised, but the scene fades to commercial before the main event.

Shane Helms vs. Kevin Sullivan

Helms came out during the break and now stands face to face with Sullivan. This may be the only time Helms is taller than his opponent. Sullivan shows he still has his aggressiveness by attacking Helms and just firing wild right hands into his head. Helms tries to hold him off, but Sullivan uses his knee and more right hands to get the advantage. Sullivan has Helms down on the mat and is using both hands to choke him out. Patrick has to pull Sullivan off and Sullivan shoves Patrick back. Sullivan turns back to Helms and puts the boots to him, stomping away. Sullivan picks Helms off the mat, whipping him into the corner, then charges. Helms lifts himself up and kicks Sullivan in the face. Helms lifts himself up to the second turnbuckle and hits Sullivan with a double axe handle. Helms with an atomic drop, then bounces off the ropes and puts Sullivan face first into the mat with a facebuster. Helms goes for the pin, but Sullivan kicks out. Helms gets sent into the ropes, Sullivan drops down and Helms steps over him. Sullivan up to his feet and grabs Helms, running him over the top rope. Helms lands on the apron though and when Sullivan turns, Helms drives his shoulder into Sullivan’s midsection, then flips over for a sunset flip. Sullivan drops down first though and hits Helms in the head with more right hands before standing up. Helms is up slowly and Sullivan turns him upside down, piledriving him into the mat. Sullivan doesn’t even go for the pin, instead just picked Helms up off the mat and hung him upside down in the corner. Sullivan charged with a knee and rams it straight into Helms’ gut. Helms falls to the mat and Sullivan goes for the pin, only getting two. Sullivan sends Shane into the ropes. Shane ducks under a clothesline, stops on a dime, waits for Sullivan to turn, then delivers a sidekick straight to Sullivan’s jaw. Helms picks Sullivan off the mat and hooks his arms, turns him over, and drops him with the Vertebreaker! Helms falls on top of Sullivan and gets the three count.

Winner: Shane Helms

Helms stands in the ring with the United States title as the scene fades to black.

Quick Results

Meng d. Brian Knobbs

Match Reaction = 69.9%

Match Quality = 58.6%

Overall Rating = 70.7%

Former Disco Inferno d. Andy Anderson

Match Reaction = 56.8%

Match Quality = 77.4%

Overall Rating = 62.0%

Kaz Hayashi d. Evan Karagias/Chris Candido

Match Reaction = 73.2%

Match Quality = 80.7%

Overall Rating = 78.4%

Shannon Moore d. Jimmy Yang/Jamie Knoble

Match Reaction = 72.8%

Match Quality = 79.0%

Overall Rating = 86.5%

Ric Flair d. Hugh Morrus

Match Reaction = 80.2%

Match Quality = 80.2%

Overall Rating = 75.4%

DDP draws The Wall

Match Reaction = 78.0%

Match Quality = 76.7%

Overall Rating = 77.2%

Shane Helms d. Kevin Sullivan

Match Reaction = 76.8%

Match Quality = 76.0%

Overall Rating = 78.9%

Overall Rating of 78.9%

Good Thunder Phenom. I loved the Helms promo. The possible win over Flair this Sunday night, Might make me finally buy him as US title material. I was surprised to see The Taskmaster fight Helms, But he and Flair did have some history. I wish Booker T/Kidman/Hogan would have been on the show though. Atleast a segment with them with Hogan being announced as the referee. I have no idea what will happen with DDP and The Wall, But with DDP being so over, I'd like to see him put over Booker. Sting/Hennig should be interesting this Sunday. Keep up the good work (Y)

Edited by Baby Hewey

TheWire.com

Sunday Catch Up With Damian Rolls

-Breaking news involving Slamboree. Originally, DDP was scheduled to take on Wall in a re-match from Thunder. However, Wall is sidelined with a blown eardrum, suffered on Thunder and will be out at least another week.

-The reason there was no actual finish on Thunder is because DDP refused to lose to Wall. Not very characteristic of Dallas, but it happened.

-I’m also hearing that there is a returning superstar in the building. While not the most popular backstage presence, he only has four months left on his contract and WCW wants to get the most out of him while they can. There’s no telling if he’ll be in action tonight or not.

-A poll on WCW.com says that Shane Helms vs. Ric Flair is the most anticipated match on the Slamboree card tonight.

-Ratings news for last Monday

-WWF Raw is War with Triple H beating Steve Austin drew 957,741viewers

-WCW Monday Nitro with Sid/Booker T beating Kidman/Awesome drew 524,733 viewers

-WCW Saturday Night Results

-Buff Bagwell d. Andy Anderson

-Elix Skipper/Kid Romeo d. La Parka/Sharkboy

-The Cat d. Johnny Devine

-Jamie Knoble d. Shannon Moore

-As we approach the final hours before Slamboree, the final card is as follows:

World Title Match

Booker T vs. Billy Kidman w/Hulk Hogan as Referee

United States Title Match

Shane Helms vs. Ric Flair

No DQ, Falls Count Anywhere Match

Jeff Jarrett vs. Scott Steiner

TV Title Match

Shawn Stasiak vs. Chris Kanyon

Mike Awesome vs. Sid

Tag Team Title Match

Chris Candido/Jamie Knoble vs. Jung Dragons vs. Three Count

Hardcore Title Match

Crowbar vs. Meng

Cruiserweight Title Match

Chavo Guerrero Jr. vs. Rey Mysterio Jr.

Sting vs. Curt Hennig

I'm hoping the returning superstar is Kevin Nash. And I hope you keep him around too (Y) Here's my Slamboree predictions.

World Title Match

There's no way I see Kidman getting the title here after Booker T just won it last month. Booker T should go over cleanly, But I think Hogan will cost Kidman the match. Atleast you got Kidman main eventing a PPV, Which is something WCW never did. Booker goes over here and then feuds with someone like Sid, Or maybe DDP for the GAB?

I kinda thought Flair might win by DQ or something after Helms snaps, But I don't think you'll do that. Helms will win this one cleanly but still not get the respect out of Flair. Maybe there will be a rematch next month?

50/50 on this one, But a heel has to win one of the big matches. Steiner will end up killing Jarrett later on in the feud.

TV Title Match

Disco will interfere here. Besides, The big Kanyon push can start here by becoming the TV Champion.

Mike Awesome vs. Sid

Don't know why I picked Sid, But I think he'll go up against the odds and defeat Awesome.

Tag Team Title Match

Neither Noble or Candido won their matches on Thunder. So I think their due here. Should be the best match of the night behind Mysterio/Guerrero.

Hardcore Title Match

Crowbar vs. Meng

I just don't see a big Meng push coming.

This one is hard to predict. On one hand, I do not see the title changing hands. But I don't see Mysterio losing in his big comeback to the ring. So, Mysterio wins by DQ in my opinion. Maybe Chavo will beat him down afterwards? Either way, I just don't see the title changing hands.

Sting vs. Curt Hennig

Sting's gonna straight up whoop Hennig's ass. I just don't see a lower level talent like Hennig going over Sting.

Thunder Thoughts:

Good use of Kiebler and it's nice to see Skipper & Romeo. With the tag titles being a cruiser dominated thing, it'll be cool to see these two thrown in the mix soon. Keibler as a manager would be a good move too, obviously.

Meng obilerates Knobbs and looks strong for his match against Crowbar. Unfortunately, I already forget if there is actually any issues there. The Hardcore division seems like such a throw away at this point.

I'm officially writing off the Vampiro segments now. They just seem so corny and 'WrestleCrapish'! They also remind me too much of some of the actual garbage WCW tried to Vampiro. Hopefully, as this story progresses that it will becomes less like a B-Movie storyline.

Skipper & Romeo score a nice tag debut win. I still feel like La Parka is being criminally misused. He is over and should be pushed a little. Rather he is nothing more then a jobber right now that gets pops.

Stasiak interview establishes that he will indeed be having issues with Disco in the future. Maybe even Disco will get involved at Slaboree. At this point, I don't really care for Stasiak so much but at least, he's getting some effort at development.

Disco squashes Andy Anderson and hopefully, that means I'm not expected to ever care about Anderson. He definitely reeks of jobber right now.

I loved the Rey Misterio segment. Finally, Chavo and Rey have an altercation with each other. It puts some nice heat on the upcoming match. I am really looking forward to the Slamboree contest. I feel it will only be the beginning at this point.

A decent 3 way with Hayashi, Candido and Karagious. Dragons get a push towards Slamboree with the pinfall win. The champs remain strong because it wasn't Candido who got pinned. A nice preview of things to expect.

Not sure if it's such a good idea to have two obvious heels go at it. Kanyon definitely proves to be just as egotistical as Stasiak. Maybe that is also the problem, as it seems it's two very similar heels going at it too. Not any obvious signs of distinction between the two and nobody to really root for. Unless you're hoping Disco to be the big X Factor for this match?

Not sure if both 3 way matches should have been on the same show. Maybe one should have been done on Nitro? This time 3 Count get the win and thus the champs are left out in the cold. Good booking as the challengers are made strong but the champs remain unpinned. It leaves everyone looking like possible winners on Sunday but also shows that the champs could lose the titles under these rules if things repeat.

Jarrett promo was decent enough way to build to the PPV. A nice reminder of what his equalizer will be.

DDP v. Wall did it's job. Both guys walked out looking strong. Now a rematch is in the cards for Slamboree, I'm guessing. Well, except Wall got himself hurt. It'll be a good feud for the future.

Great Helms promo with lots of emotion. It really puts the Slamboree match over as a big deal. It's now the match that I want to see on the card.

Morrus v. Flair served it's purpose. Flair looks like he is in great shape and is ready to beat Helms.

Helms v. Sullivan was a nice surprise. Obvious, Flair is putting guys against Helms that he will think will put Helms out. First Luger tries to injure Helms and now Sullivan with his violent ways. A good old school angle there.

A decent Thunder but still lacks the star power. No angle at all involving the World Title feud? No token Hogan or Kidman or Booker appearance? Especially right before the PPV, you'd think something would happen. Even if it was only an interview. I think some management issues plagues this show as some of the key PPV matches got completely ignored. Sid v. Awesome also got no mention. It could have used some last minute build. I'd also say Steiner v. Jarrett could have used more then just an interview. Thunder is defintiely being used as a B-Show. Even is that is intentional, I think Slamboree could have benefitted from a little more build. If Thunder wasn't going to have anything then Nitro could have had some bigger storyline progression. Other then that, Thunder was another fair show.

Slamboree Predictions:

World Title Match

I cannot see Kidman as World Champion. Definitely not at this point in time in his career and don't think it'd be a good move for him. Kidman isn't ready to be seen as a credible world champion. Plus if you want Booker to be seen as a credible world champion then he needs to have a longer reign then 1 month. This is his first real challenge thus it'd be good for Booker to win. WCW World Title needs to be established as the premiere title again and in order for that to happen, Booker needs a solid title reign with wins over some big names. Kidman isn't quite the big name but it's a start for things to come. Plus I can't see Hogan counting a three for Kidman. This will help spark a future match between Kidman and Hogan.

Once again, this win will help establish Helms as a big time player. It will give the US Title a better image. A win like this will do amazing things for Helms career. Flair is the type of guy that can survive a loss like this rather easily. I'm sure this will lead to a rematch and maybe even a series.

Basically, I picked Jarrett because I picked faces for the other matches. Plus Jarrett would be a good next challenger for Booker. In order for that to happen, Jarrett needs a big win and that would happen in this match. Though I could also see this just be the start of the feud between these two. Steiner will gain his revenge in the future.

TV Title Match

I'd rather Kanyon be higher up the card but I'm sensing he'll get the win here. Disco wants to take out Stasiak and he will interfere in this match. Disco will cause Stasiak the title and thus start a mini feud between the two. I don't know really know where Kanyon goes from here. Unless it turns into a 3 way feud which is a possibility.

Mike Awesome vs. Sid

This match has lacked the proper build. Nothing has really happend since the last PPV. Because of that, I think Awesome needs the win here in order to keep the feud going. Sid can't win the blow off yet because I don't feel the feud should be blown off yet. Plus Awesome needs the win if he is going to make any kind of impact in WCW. Besides, last time we saw Awesome he was pinned by Sid which means it's returning the favour time.

Tag Team Title Match

I don't think it's time for any title changes yet. I really believe the champs need to be established still. Besides, they didn't get the wins on Thunder. Wrestling logic says that if the champs don't win going into the PPV then they probably will win at the PPV. I'm using that theory for this match.

Hardcore Title Match

Crowbar vs. Meng

Sadly, I don't really remember what lead to this. I just, remember Crowbar acting like a heel in lots of matches leading to this. I'm sensing Crowbar is going to be pushed as the big Hardcore Champion. No idea what he does after this but I don't see Meng as a better option either. Crowbar will continue to be pushed as the premiere hardcore guy with a win over Meng.

I don't see Rey losing in his big return. I also don't see Rey winning the title yet. Chavo will get DQed after Rey almost wins the championship. Chavo will then run away like a good chicken heel. He will be ready for the big rematch at GAB. I'm positive this is how it will go. Maybe Chavo will cheat to retain the title but I'm positive Rey will not win the title. I also feel that Rey will get some type of moral victory. Thus I go with the Rey DQ win.

Sting vs. Curt Hennig

Can't see Sting losing to Hennig. Though I'm clueless to where this is going and unfortunately, I care even less. I'm just waiting for Sting to eventually turn against Vampiro and for the silliness to die down.

Look forward to Slamboree but look forward to the fall out even more. Should be an interesting next few weeks.

World Title Match

The Kidman/Hogan angle doesn't need the belt while Booker needs to give more prestige to the belt. Bingo.

I just don't think Helms is gonna drop the title this soon.

A win here keeps Jarrett in World title contention, while it would do nothing for Steiner to drop this match.

TV Title Match

I'm gonna go against the grain here and say that Stasiak wins, so that he and Disco can feud over the belt.

Mike Awesome vs. Sid

Simple logic: Mike is awesome, and Sid isn't. Let's move on.

Tag Team Title Match

This is a young team, so it could use some more time with the belts before losing them.

Hardcore Title Match

Crowbar vs. Meng

Eh, whatever, the WCW Hardcore title means next to nothing if it isn't on the Funker anyways.

By DQ, just like SpiceDawg said.

Sting vs. Curt Hennig

Do I smell a Hennig push? Sadly no. Actually I wouldn't be surprised if this was no match and Sting and Hennig just turn on Vampiro, but as it goes, I'm saying Sting.

World Title Match

Winner: Booker

Winner: Helms

Winner: Jarrett

TV Title Match

Winner: Kanyon