WCW 2000

TheWire.com- Updated 4/22/00

-The real reason for the Stevie Ray-Bryan Clarke masterpiece on Thunder? Big T and Brian Adams decided to slug it out in the back, so road agent Arn Anderson decided to not let them go out, changing the tag match to a solo bout.

-Sting is not completely comfortable with some of the planned actions for his angle with Vampiro, but believes in Vampiro's ability and the need to build him as a major player, which is why he's going through with everything that's been proposed.

-Billy Kidman appeared on KWHB 810 AM in Kansas City, Missouri Thursday Night, hyping the upcoming Slamboree event there. He talked about his real life feelings towards Hulk Hogan and how he's just glad to be getting an opportunity. The talk went to how few black champion's there have been and how Booker T is a rarity. Kidman apparently put over 2 Cold Scorpio, saying he should have been a champion as well. Overall, a very good appearance.

-Ratings news for last Monday:

-WWF RAW IS WAR f/Eddie Guerrero beating Chris Jericho for the WWF World Title drew 925,426 viewers

-WCW Monday Nitro f/Shane Helms beating Jeff Jarrett for the WCW US Title drew 489,121 viewers

-WCW Saturday Night quick results

-Elix Skipper/Kid Romeo d. Thunder/Lightning

-Dustin Rhodes d. Chuck Polumbo

-Meng d. Van Hammer

-Hugh Morrus d. Lex Luger

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

April 24th Edition of Monday Nitro from Rochester, New York

Nitro opens backstage where Shane Douglas is with Mike Awesome.

Shane Douglas: Word has it that Sid’s coming back tonight. You know he’s gonna be looking for us.

Awesome smiles.

Mike Awesome: Good.

Shane Douglas: No, not good. If Sid finds us, all that anger, that pent up frustration, it’s going to come out.

Mike Awesome: If Sid finds us, he’ll get destroyed again.

Shane Douglas: What we need to do is find Sid before he finds us.

Mike Awesome nods his head, liking that plan even better.

Shane Douglas: Let’s do it then.

The pyro goes off and Tony Schiavone sits next to Mark Madden and welcomes us to Monday Nitro.

Tony Schiavone: We've got a special treat for you tonight folks. In our main event, the champion Booker T, will be defending his WCW World Heavyweight Title against Lex Luger!

Mark Madden: I'm not so sure it's a good idea to defend that belt so soon, but I'm not champion.

Tony Schiavone: We'll also have the tag team champions in action, plus the return of the big man. Sid will be here tonight!

Mark Madden: And as you just saw, Awesome doesn't care. He's waiting for him.

Tony Schiavone: We're not gonna make you wait, let's get right to the ring where we have the first of a series of round robin matches to determine the next Television Champion!

Chris Kanyon vs. Disco Inferno

Kanyon locked up with Inferno, backing Inferno into the ropes, but Inferno kicked Kanyon in the midsection twice before bodyslamming him. Disco with a falling elbow straight to the forehead of Kanyon but doesn't even get a two count. Disco pulls Kanyon to his feet, then bounces Kanyon's head off his knee with a modified facebuster. Disco follows that with an atomic drop, then a clothesline to the back of Kanyon's head, sending him through the ropes to the outside hard. Disco, showing his aggressive side, slides under the bottom rope and continues the attack on Kanyon. Kanyon with a back kick stops Disco, then lifts Disco into the air and drops him throat first on the guardrail before rolling into the ring to catch his breath and re-gain his composure. Disco slides in after a few seconds and Kanyon takes him down with a firemans carry into a code red armbar, trying to seperate Disco's shoulder. Kanyon finally lets it up, getting to his feet and pulling Disco up with him. Kanyon sends Disco into the corner, then charges and nails Disco with a knee. Kanyon, always looking for offensive moves, lifted Disco up to the top turnbuckle. Disco fights him off and shoves Kanyon to the mat, but Kanyon lands on his feet. Disco hops off the top turnbuckle but walks right into a firemans carry into the Flatliner! Kanyon hooks the leg and Mickey Jay's right there to make the easy three count.

Winner: Chris Kanyon

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

Backstage, Billy Kidman is standing by with Mean Gene Okerlund.

Gene Okerlund: Billy Kidman, last week, you made a challenge to Booker T to put his newly won World Title on the line. Booker gladly accepted, but do you really think you’re ready for this kind of match up?

Billy Kidman: I’ve always been ready Okerlund, there’s just never been anybody in back with enough guts to give me the chance. Guys like Hulk Hogan who always feared I would outperform them in the ring. Now that Booker has, expect me to run with it and become your next WCW World Champion.

Gene Okerlund: Speaking of Hulk Hogan, he is expected back in time for Slamboree and with all the comments you’ve made, I’d be willing to bet he wants a piece of you.

Billy Kidman: Of course he does. Now that I’m in the spotlight, he sees me as his chance to get back to the top. But I’ll be ready and waiting anytime Hulk Hogan wants a piece of me. Just remember, I want a piece of him even more.

Gene Okerlund: Tonight, you face Dustin Rhodes, one of the sixteen men chosen for the World Title tournament. Is that your motivation?

Billy Kidman: You’re damn right. Dustin Rhodes isn’t as good as me, but he got a shot. Tonight, I’m showing the World that BK’s done being messed with.

With that, Kidman storms off and the scene fades to the ring for another round robin match.

Shawn Stasiak vs. Curt Hennig

Stasiak looks Hennig up and down, then shakes his head before dropping to one knee and posing, biceps flexed with a smile on his face. Hennig responds with a kick to the face of Stasiak and the bell rings, starting the match. Stasiak tries to recover, but Hennig uses his momentum to run Stasiak head first into the turnbuckle, then turns him around and slaps his chest. Hennig flipped him over with a snapmare and locked in a chin lock, trying to wear Stasiak down. When Stasiak fought out of that, Hennig used another snapmare to take him back down and this time kicked Stasiak right in the small of the back. Hennig got a decent pop when he hit his traditional flip over Stasiak, snapping his neck back at the same time. Stasiak would get his chance on the offensive as well, countering a suplex with a small package roll up followed by a sleeper hold when both men got to their feet. Hennig played it well to the crowd, going down to his knees and letting his arm drop twice before holding on and starting the comeback. A couple of back elbows and Hennig broke free, charging to the ropes. He came back but Stasiak was there to send him up into the air with a high back body drop. Stasiak with a high vertical suplex, but only managed a two count. Stasiak argued with Robinson, who told Stasiak it was only two. Stasiak went to grab Hennig, who cut him off with a shoulder to the midsection followed by a quick roll-up for another two count. Hennig got to his feet and swung a right hand at Stasiak. Shawn ducked it and managed to slap a full nelson on Hennig. Stasiak lifted him backwards and drove Hennig into the mat with a dragon suplex. Stasiak didn't hold it for the bridge, instead opting to make the cover and get the three.

Winner: Shawn Stasiak

Backstage again, Shane Douglas and Mike Awesome are walking around. Awesome kicks open a door and all you hear is a shriek followed by Daphne running out with a towel on. Awesome and Douglas exchange “pleased” looks as they continue on their search and the scene fades to commercial.

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

The cameras go backstage with Jeff Jarrettt sitting in his dressing room, guitar by his side. He notices the camera and looks up.

Jeff Jarrett: Scott Steiner. It's a good thing you're not scheduled to be here tonight because I'm not sure I could control myself. Not only did you attack me, but you cost me my damn title! Ya see Scotty, there's some things in life you just don't do. You don't spit into the wind. You don't tug on superman's cape. And you damn sure don't stand in the way of Jeff Jarrett and gold belts! But that's ok because I'm gonna deal with you when I see you. Shane Helms, the luckiest son of a bitch alive today, you're wearing my property and until I get it back, I'll make sure your life is just as miserable as that damn accent you talk with.

Enough with Jeff Jarrett's whine session, the scene fades to the ring.

Chris Candido/Jamie Knoble vs. Harlem Heat 2000

Candido and Knoble were probably half the size of HH2000, but they fought with so much confidence, you’d never know they were at a disadvantage. Candido took the fight right to Stevie, fighting him with right hands, then taking every punch Stevie had to give, and coming back with more. A tag to Knoble and they were using double team moves, a double suplex to take Stevie off his feet. Big T came in and Candido/Knoble dropped him with a double dropkick. Candido stepped out, leaving Knoble one on one with Big T. Knoble ducked a right hand from Big T, then spun around him, planting a spinkick to Big T’s knee then bulldogging him to the mat headfirst. Knoble ran up the turnbuckles, kicking Stevie Ray in the side of the head and knocking him off the mat. Knoble tagged in Candido, who came off the top turnbuckle and drove a legdrop to the throat of Big T, a move he normally does from the second turnbuckle. Candido made the cover and they made their first successful title defense.

Winner: Chris Candido/Jamie Knoble

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

Billy Kidman vs. Dustin Rhodes

Rhodes got virtually no reaction, but the crowd was definitely against Kidman. Rhodes started off with a series of hot right hands, pulling Kidman into a short-armed clothesline then going for an early pin, only getting two. Rhodes sends Kidman into the ropes, but Kidman uses a schoolboy to roll Rhodes up, not even getting a two count. Both men to their feet and it’s Kidman with right hands to back Rhodes up into the ropes. Kidman hooks Rhodes in a front facelock, then drops him back with a vertical suplex, showing that he wants to use more of a technical attack than relying on aerial moves. The next time Rhodes comes to Kidman, he receives a gutbuster, coming down hard over Kidman’s knee. Kidman makes the cover, but can’t get three. Rhodes uses his size and strength advantage, finally fighting back and knocking Kidman to the outside with a clothesline. Kidman landed on the apron though and took Rhodes down with a springboard head scissors, Rhodes sent flying across the ring. Kidman went for a german suplex, but Rhodes nearly took his head off with a spinning back elbow. Rhodes turned around and planted Kidman with a DDT for a two count. Rhodes sent Kidman into the corner, then lifted him to the top rope, climbing with him. Rhodes went for the superplex, but Kidman shoved him off then hit the shooting star press for the win.

Winner: Billy Kidman

Backstage, Shane and Mike Awesome are still walking around. They come up to a door with a window in it. All you can see is a shadow on the inside, but judging by where his chest is, the man on the inside is pretty damn tall. Awesome and Shane whisper something to each other, then Awesome breaks through the glass, grabbing the man and pulling him head first into the door. Awesome opens the door and looks at the man on the floor, the man in a janitor’s outfit.

Shane Douglas: This is pointless. Let’s just get you to your first match and we’ll look for Sid later.

Shane turns and walks off, but Awesome takes one more look at the janitor before he leaves.

Mike Awesome: You’re really tall.

With that, the scene fades to commercial.

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

Mike Awesome vs. La Parka

Mike Awesome was led to the ring by Shane Douglas, who was immediately banned by referee Mark Johnson. Douglas protested but, realizing his situation with WCW, left. He didn’t leave to the back though, instead just stepping over the guardrail and taking a vacant seat in the front row. La Parka caught Awesome by surprise with a baseball slide, then took the fight right to him on the outside of the ring,using kicks and punches mostly. He sent Awesome into the guardrail, then charged. Awesome lifted La Parka into the air and dropped him jaw first on top of the guardrail. Awesome slid in the ring and Shane Douglas, seated in front of La Parka, went to work with right hands. La Parka eventually wound up back in the ring, the victim of consecutive backbreakers from Awesome. Awesome looked out to Shane, then turned when La Parka got to his feet. La Parka kicked him in the midsection and went for a DDT, but Awesome resisted and turned it back with a northern lights suplex! Nobody expected that one from Awesome. Awesome pulled La Parka to his feet, turning him upside down and drilling him with a stiff looking piledriver. Awesome again stood up, waiting, waiting, waiting. Finally, La Parka got to his feet and all he got for his trouble was a free ride to Awesome’s shoulder. Awesome followed that with a running powerbomb, then made the cover and got the three.

Winner: Mike Awesome

After the match, the lights dimmed and Sid's music hit. Awesome and Shane both start looking around frantically, but nothing else happens. They head to the back, looking both ways as they walk.

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

Awesome and Douglas have finally reached their locker room, looking less worried than before. Awesome opens the door and walks right into a huge right hand from Sid, who pulls Awesome in and shuts the door, making sure to click the lock and leave Shane on the outside. All you hear is a lot of crashing and a lot of grunts while the scene fades to the ring.

Booker T defends World Title against Lex Luger

Booker T has a legit smile since he became champion, you can just tell how much it means to him. He slaps hands all the way to the ring while Lex tugs on the ropes, warming up. Once the bell rings, Luger immediately plays to his strengths, challenging Booker to a power contest. Booker looks at Luger, asking him if he thinks Booker’s a fool. Booker wants a regular lock up but gets a knee to the midsection instead. Luger with a bodyslam, planting Booker hard then stomping a boot into his chest repeatedly. Luger turns and poses to the crowd, then pulls Book to his feet, sending him softly into the corner. Luger charges and sandwiches Booker with a clothesline. Luger again starts to pose, but Booker connects with a back elbow to Luger, then rams Luger head first into the top turnbuckle. Book rams Lugers head into the top turnbuckle again, then pulls his head back, bringing Luger down to the mat. Book with a quick leg drop into a pin but only gets the two count. Book and Luger both back to their feet, Booker with a reverse suplex, then goes for the pin again but still only able to get the two count. Booker goes to send Luger into the ropes, but Lex reverses it. Book comes off quicker than he expected and Luger turns him over with a snap powerslam. Luger bounces off, unable to maintain the pin. Luger with another series of stomps to Booker T, then pulls him up off the mat. Luger leans Booker face first in the corner, then drives his shoulder into Booker’s back. Booker stumbles out, clutching his back. Luger senses his opportunity and he lifts Booker onto his shoulders for the torture rack. Before Luger could clinch it in, Booker wriggled free and landed on his feet next to Luger, lifting his foot up and kicking Luger smooth in the face with a sidekick. Luger stumbled back into the ropes, then stumbled forward right into the axe kick from Booker T! Booker made the cover and got the three count, successfully defending the World Title.

Winner: Booker T

The camera rolls to a scene similar to last week when Sting was lit on fire. The room is dark with the exception of someold fashioned flame lanterns on the wall and some foreign characters written on the wall. Sting lay on a table, his face paint completely gone, slight visible burn marks on his chest and stomach. He looks like he’s been through a war and appears to be completely unconscious. Vampiro steps into the room, his eyes never leaving the face of Sting.

Vampiro: Phase one has been completed. You have been destroyed, your body has been cleansed, and now you have been prepared. Phase two Sting, the phase that will mark my rise to power, my ultimate ascent to immortality, my road to greatness. Sting, it’s now time for you to give yourself…to me.

Vampiro closes his eyes, taking a deepbreath, then lets it out, opening his eyes and looking ready. He looks down at Sting and with a slight smile, places his hands on Sting’s chest. Vampiro puts his head up towards the ceiling and closes his eyes as he starts muttering a latin phrase.

“Additum clueo ista animula, Additum clueo ista animula, Additum clueo ista animula…”

As he continues to chant the phrase, Sting’s body suddenly starts to shiver. Then, his chest raises up and his back gets real tense, as if he’s about to have a heart attack. That’s followed by violent convulsions, Vampiro shaking too with his hands still on Sting’s chest. Within a minute, Sting’s body goes flat and Vampiro’s hands pop off Sting’s chest, Vampiro falling to the floor. The cameras zoom in on him and see he’s lying on the floor, a smile on his face. The scene fades to black.

Quick Results

Shawn Stasiak d. Curt Hennig

Match Reaction = 72.1%

Match Quality = 72.0%

Overall Rating = 75.9%

Chris kanyon d. Disco Inferno

Match Reaction = 72.4%

Match Quality = 78.1%

Overall Rating = 76.6%

Chris Candido/Jamie Knoble d. Harlem Heat 2000

Match Reaction = 69.1%

Match Quality = 69.9%

Overall Rating = 68.3%

Billy Kidman d. Dustin Rhodes

Match Reaction = 59.5%

Match Quality = 83.2%

Overall Rating = 69.2%

Mike Awesome d. La Parka

Match Reaction = 75.8%

Match Quality = 76.4%

Overall Rating = 74.9%

Booker T d. Lex Luger

Match Reaction = 77.8%

Match Quality = 73.1%

Overall Rating = 78.6%

Overall Rating of 75.8

I'm looking forward to Flair/Helms, which was built up to nicely. This is probably my favorite diary right now, as you're building everything up nice and slow and keeping things very realistic. Also, I love the meetings between the WCW's writing team and the entire Russo/Bischoff feud is priceless.

Keep up the good work, as always. (Y)

Hey, Just read up on all of this so I figured I would drop a line.

I really like how your building everything up. The only thing I don't understand, however is that Kidman is supposed to be competing for the World Title at Slamboree, but he's facing Dustin Rhodes on Thunder.

I understand its just a little match, but I'd think he'd be facing "bigger" opponents if your building him for a "possible" Title reign.

Overall though, Great Diary and it is one of my favorites in the Dome. Keep it up.

Hey, Just read up on all of this so I figured I would drop a line.

I really like how your building everything up. The only thing I don't understand, however is that Kidman is supposed to be competing for the World Title at Slamboree, but he's facing Dustin Rhodes on Thunder.

I understand its just a little match, but I'd think he'd be facing "bigger" opponents if your building him for a "possible" Title reign.

Overall though, Great Diary and it is one of my favorites in the Dome. Keep it up.

April 26th Edition of Thunder from Buffalo New York

Standard pyro opening, followed by the introduction of Mike Tenay and Bobby Heenan.

Mike Tenay: Tonight, a career might be made or a career might stall out.

Bobby Heenan: If you're talking about Ric Flair and Shane Helms, I guarantee Helms isn't going to make his name off of Ric.

Mike Tenay: How can you be so sure?

Bobby Heenan: Flair has destroyed a lot of people and he's made a lot of people famous, but tonight, he's going out there to prove he can still go. Helms picked the wrong legend to challenge.

Mike Tenay: We'll also have some round robin matches for the Television Title tournament and up first, it's a Hardcore Title match!

Bobby Heenan: Crowbar takes on the Demon and I gotta figure Crowbar will prevail here and stay the champ.

Mike Tenay: Let's find out.

Crowbar vs. Demon

Crowbar got a decent pop when he came down with his hardcore title. He tossed it to the side and slid in the ring, Demon wasting no time in the attack and within seconds, they were exchanging hard rights. Demon easily got the better of the exchange and planted Crowbar with a bodyslam. Demon sends Crowbar through the ropes and follows him to the outside, sending Crowbar tumbling into the ringsteps. Demon picks up the loose ringsteps, but before he can use them, Crowbar with a legsweep and Demon falls face first, the ringsteps hitting the ground then his face hitting the ringsteps! Crowbar leaves him laying, then climbs up to the ring apron. Crowbar leaps off the apron with a legdrop to the back of Demon's head! Crowbar lands awkwardly but the damage is done. Crowbar manages to roll Demon into the ring, but he's slightly limping after the legdrop. Crowbar bounces off the ropes, looking for a crossbody but Demon catches him then brings him down with a rib-buster. Demon slides out of the ring again, this time coming back with a chair in his hand and laying it in the middle of the ring. He picks Crowbar up for a piledriver, looking to piledrive him right onto the chair but Crowbar keeps moving and uses his momentum to make Demon stumble backwards. Crowbar ends up getting out of the move and lands on the apron outside of the ropes. He springboards off the top rope and bulldogs Demon onto the steel chair! Crowbar makes the pin and somehow escapes with the win.

Winner: Crowbar

Scene shows the ever lovely Midajah walking by herself down the hallway, a site that's relatively odd anyway. She reaches the dressing room door and opens it up, finding her man Scott Steiner with his arm on the wall, leaning in on Pamela, whispering into her ear. He sees Midajah and quickly backs up, upset.

Scott Steiner: What are you doing?! I told you not to come in without knocking goddammit!

Midajah: And now I see why.

Midajah storms off, closing the door while Steiner opens it and goes after her as the scene fades to commercial.

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~.

Kanyon vs. Buff Bagwell

Kanyon and Bagwell locked up, but from the early goings, you can tell Bagwell's heart just isn't into it. He's half-selling moves, barely completing others. He did control the match though, relying on wear down holds and yelling at the crowd for cheap heat. Buff missed with a dropkick and Kanyon took over, backhanding Bagwell in the chest twice, stiff looking shots too. Kanyon sends Bagwell into the corner, following and sandwiching him with a clothesline before lifting Buff to the top and climbing up with him. Kanyon goes for a superplex, but Bagwell changes in mid-air and comes down hard on Kanyon's chest with a modified crossbody. Bagwell gets a two count out of it, but then went for the Blockbuster from the second turnbuckle. Kanyon ducks, stops Bagwell, then brings him down with a reverse neckbreaker that got the three count.

Winner: Kanyon

Cameras go backstage where Shawn Stasiak is standing with Mean Gene Okerlund.

Gene Okerlund: Shawn Stasiak, you're next opponent in this Television Title round robin tournament is Dustin Rhodes. You're both second generation superstars, how do you win this match?

Shawn Stasiak: Both second generation superstars? I am a superstar Gene. My father, was simply The Man. But the Rhodes'? Dusty danced around in polka dots and Dustin struggles to know his own gender. Both superstars? Ha, don't insult me.

Gene Okerlund: What would winning the TV title mean to you?

Shawn Stasiak: It means that I'm about two steps away from where I should be, competing for the World Heavyweight Championship. But at least I'd be better than the rest of these chumps in the tournament.

Stasiak walks off towards the ring while Thunder fades to commercial.

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

Shawn Stasiak vs. Dustin Rhodes

Stasiak motions his hand over the length of his body, looking to the crowd for approval. He then points to Rhodes and makes a disgusted look. Stasiak then turns and gets popped with a right hook from Rhodes, who follows with other quick punches before raking Stasiak's eyes across the top rope. Stasiak clutches at them in pain and Rhodes forces his throat over the rope, trying to choke him out. Charles Robinson forces the break and Rhodes drops to the canvas, snapping Stasiak's neck on the top rope and sending him back into the ring. Rhodes pulls Stasiak out by his knees, but Stasiak manages to get the first blow in, then rams Rhodes back first into the apron. Stasiak slides Rhodes in, sliding in behind him. Stasiak with a side suplex, then makes the cover but only gets a two. Stasiak locks in a front facelock, then drops to the mat, keeping Rhodes locked in the facelock on the mat. Rhodes twists and turns, freeing himself, then kneeing Stasiak in the midsection as they both got to their feet. Rhodes with a snapmare takes Stasiak down, then drives an elbow into his chest, looking for the pin himself but not able to get the three count. Rhodes sends Stasiak into the corner and charges but Stasiak moves out of the way, running Rhodes head first into the turnbuckle. Stasiak spins around behind Rhodes and locks in a full nelson. Stasiak drops Rhodes back with a dragon suplex, again not bridging out and instead releasing it, but the damage is done and Stasiak emerges with the win.

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

Chavo Guerrero Jr. vs. Kay Hayashi

Chavo holds the belt out for the fans to touch, then yanks it away, taunting them and laughing. He finally hands it to Mickey Jay and looks over at Kaz Hayashi, smirking. He struts over to him, running his mouth and Hayashi takes him off his feet with a double open hand chop. Chavo hurries back to his feet and Hayashi takes him down with another double open hand chop to the chest. Chavo to his feet again and this time Hayashi elbows him in the face, spins around and elbows him in the back of the head! Chavo rolls to the outside to re-coup. Hayashi's not having that, leaping through the ropes with a diving shoulderblock that knocks Chavo into the guardrail. Hayashi quick to hop back up on the apron, then delivers a brilliant asia moonsault, getting a standing ovation from the crowd. Hayashi slides Chavo back into the ring, then climbs up to the top turnbuckle. He comes off with a seated missile dropkick, but Chavo sidesteps him and Hayashi lands seat first in the middle of the ring. Chavo to his feet and plants a right kick into the back of Hayashi, then lifts Hayashi to his feet. Chavo lifts Hayashi into the air for a vertical suplex, but instead drops him down headfirst with a brainbuster. Chavo only gets a two count out of that, so he tried a back suplex, but that didn't get him a three count either. Chavo sets Hayashi up for a northern lights suplex, but Hayashi changes the momentum and drills Chavo with an implant DDT for a surprise two count. Both men get to their feet and Chavo with a tilt-a-whirl head scissors takedown. Chavo takes full advantage and heads to the top turnbuckle, delivering the frog splash to retain the title.

Winner: Chavo Guerrero Jr.

Backstage, Jimmy Yang is disappointed after watching his partner lose the chance to become Cruiserweight champion. His mood isn't lifted when Jamie Knoble walks up to him, one half of the WCW Tag Team titles hanging off his shoulder.

Jamie Knoble: Tough loss, huh?

Yang looks at Knoble.

Jimmy Yang: What you care? You leave us.

Jamie Knoble: But I became a champeen.

Jimmy Yang: You no show loyalty Jamie-san.

Knoble ignores him, trying to walk away but Yang stops him by putting his hand on Knoble's shoulder.

Jimmy Yang: You owe Jung Dragons. We want belts.

Knoble smiles.

Jamie Knoble: You'll get your shot when we think y'all is ready.

Knoble again goes to walk away but this time Yang nails him with a stiff side kick, connecting with Knoble's face and knocking him down. Scene fades to commercial.

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

In the back, Lex Luger is talking things over with Ric Flair.

Lex Luger: Ric, you know you don't need this US Title. This match isn't gonna do anything for you.

Ric Flair: Whooo. Lex, I gotta do it. It's not about the title, it's about the respect of the title and the value of the belt, you know that.

Lex Luger: Well I got ya back then.

Ric Flair: That's all I need to hear. Whoooo!

Disco Inferno vs. Curt Hennig

Hennig took the initiative, putting Inferno in a side headlock before getting side suplexed backwards. Getting back to his feet, Inferno popped Hennig with a right hand, then ran him chest first into the corner, Hennig hitting and stumbling out backwards. Inferno bounced off the ropes and used a clothesline to drive Hennig into the mat. Inferno steps towards Hennig and drops an elbow to the chest of Hennig. Inferno goes for another, but Hennig moves out of the way. Inferno gets up and tries to connect one more time, but again Hennig rolls out of the way, this time getting to his feet and ducking a right hand from Inferno. Hennig pulls Inferno's feet from under him, then stomps the inside of his thigh twice before going to work on the knee with various weardown tactics. Hennig goes for a figure four, but Inferno is too close to the ropes and stops Hennig from putting it on. Hennig lifts Inferno to his feet but it's Inferno kicking Hennig in the midsection, then delivering the chartbuster. Inferno made the cover and got the win.

Winner: Disco Inferno

Backstage, United States champion Shane Helms is standing alone, belt around his waist.

Shane Helms: Ric Flair. Wow. All week, I've been saying it over and over to myself. Ric Flair and Shane Helms in the same ring, one on one. This right here is a dream match for me, something I've thought about and hoped about since watching Ric in Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling. And while I may be a fan of yours Ric Flair, make no mistake about it. I am coming to win this match and by beating you, I will solidify myself as the United States champion. Like you said, to be the man, you gotta beat the man. Tonight Ric, I become the man.

Scene fades to commercial.

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

Jeff Jarrett opens a door and finds Pamela standing by herself, putting things into her gymbag. She turns to look at Jeff, who pushes her back against the wall. Pamela screams out but Jeff quiets.

Jeff Jarrett: Shut your mouth, I'm not here for that. I wanna know what happened earlier.

Pamela: Wh-wh-what do you mean?

Jeff Jarrett: Steiner likes his freaks, that's why he's got Midajah. You may be easy, but you're not a freak, so what really went on?

Pamela denies that anything was going on, and Jarrett grabs his guitar, pulling it back behind his head, which causes Pamela to finally confess.

Pamela: Ok ok, I'll tell you! I'll tell you.

Jarrett smirks as he takes a seat, ready to listen and the scene goes to the ring.

Wall destroys Simon Jacobs

A man in generic black tights and a mediocre build is announced as Simon Jacobs. Today's not a good day for Simon Jacobs. The Wall made quick work of him, slamming him to the mat, stomping him, and in less than two minutes, delivered one chokeslam. Wall laughed as he picked Jacobs up again, telling him welcome to WCW. Wall destroyed him with another chokeslam, then put his foot on Jacobs' chest for the three count.

Winner: The Wall

Footage rolls from Monday Nitro with Awesome and Shane Douglas outside of their dressing room door. Awesome opens the door and walks right into a huge right hand from Sid, who pulls Awesome in and shuts the door, making sure to click the lock and leave Shane on the outside. All you hear is a lot of crashing and a lot of grunts. A few moments later, the door opens again and Sid walks out, looking at Douglas, then walking right past him as Douglas hurries to check on Awesome. The tape ends and it's Shane Douglas now standing with Mike Awesome, who's got a band-aid above his right eye, watching the tape on a monitor.

Shane Douglas: He won't get away this. If I have to take care of him myself, then I will, but he won't get away with this.

Mike Awesome just grunts a little bit and cracks his knuckles.

Shane Douglas: We'll get him.

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

Jeff Jarrett's watching the show on a monitor and there's two knocks on the door. He opens it and you see Midajah standing there, looking emotionally upset. She invites herself in.

Midajah: I can't be with Scott anymore.

Jarrett just looks at her, listening.

Midajah: The way he treats me, I just can't do it.

No change from Jarrett. Midajah turns her back on Jarrett, trying to play coy as she continues.

Midajah: I want...I want to help you beat him Jeff. I want...I want you.

Jarrett's got a smirk on his face and when Midajah turns around to say it face to face, Jarrett shatters the guitar over her head. He looks over her body and finally responds.

Jeff Jarrett: Tell Scott, the next one's for him.

Scene fades to the ring for the main event.

Shane Helms vs. Ric Flair

Shane Helms watches his idol as he tugs on the ropes, then lets out a whoo for the sake of whooing. They go to lock up but Flair says he's not ready, putting his hands up. Helms does the same and gets a boot to the stomach followed by a shove to the ground. Flair gives another whoo, celebrating his dirty play, then grabs Helms in a side headlock when he gets to his feet. Flair drives closed fists into the forehead of Helms, over and over until Nick Patrick warns him not to. Flair gives Helms one final right hand, knocking him back to the ground, then struts around the ring, satisfied with his actions. Flair stomps Helms, keeping him prone on the mat, then puts the heel of his boot into Helms forehead and twists around, grinding into Helms' skull. Flair does it one more time then adds a stomp to the side of the head for a little extra. Flair runs his hands through his hair while watching Helms get to his feet. Flair backs Helms into the corner, then delivers the infamous chop to the chest, the whole crowd whooing in unison with all four chops. Flair goes for an irish whip to the opposite corner, but Helms reverses it and Flair hits hard back first, stepping out towards the middle of the ring and right into a back body drop, Flair twisting his body and landing on his side. Helms grabs Flair again, sending him hard into the corner. Flair flips over the top turnbuckle, landing on the apron, then runs over to the other turnbuckle and climbs to the top. Helms copies thousands of others before him and grabs Flair, pausing for anticipation, then tosses him halfway across the ring. Helms then heads up to the turnbuckle himself, stopping at the second. He comes off with a double axe handle, but Flair grabs him out of the air and changes the move to an atomic drop followed by two more severe chops to the chest. Flair with a vertical suplex, then goes for the pin but only gets a two count. Flair with another chop, backing Helms into the ropes, then uses another vertical suplex to put him down. This time, Flair follows up with a knee to the forehead of Helms before going for the pin, still not quite getting the three count. Flair goes to his old fall back, working over the lower half of his opponent. He plants at least half a dozen kicks to the inside of Helms knee, then wraps it around his own leg, trying to use the leverage to break it. Helms is in a lot of pain, but still hanging in there. Flair stands at Helms' feet, lifting his legs up for the figure four. As Flair starts to put in the figure four, Helms reaches up, grabs Flair, and rolls him up in a small package. Flair's caught off guard and Helms gets the quick three count for the huge upset!

Winner: Shane Helms

Scene fades to black.

Quick Results

Crowbar d. Demon

Match Reaction = 53.4%

Match Quality = 69.0%

Overall Rating = 55.8%

Kanyon d. Buff Bagwell

Match Reaction = 58.2%

Match Quality = 69.8%

Overall Rating = 68.2%

Shawn Stasiak d. Dustin Rhodes

Match Quality = 76.2%

Overall Rating = 80.2%

Chavo Guerrero Jr. d. Kay Hayashi

Match Reaction = 74.8%

Match Quality = 85.8%

Overall Rating = 83.2%

Disco Inferno d. Curt Hennig

Match Reaction = 71.0%

Match Quality = 77.0%

Overall Rating = 78.8%

Wall d. Simon Jacobs

Match Reaction = 68.6%

Match Quality = 72.4%

Overall Rating = 67.0%

Shane Helms d. Ric Flair

Match Reaction = 85.6%

Match Quality = 80.3%

Overall Rating = 90.6%

Overall Rating of 75.7

Edited by Typical Phenom

Monthly Wrap-Up

WCW (72.2 popularity rating with a current bankroll of $21,824,260)

World Heavyweight Title- 81.4

Champion: Booker T

WCW United States Title- 76.3

Champion: Shane Helms

WCW World Tag Team TItles- 70.7

Champion: Chris Candido/Jamie Knoble

WCW Cruiserweight Title- 73.3

Champion: Chavo Guerrero Jr.

WCW Hardcore Title- 44.8

Champion: Crowbar

Notes: WCW allowed their contract for WCW Saturday Night to run out. They will focus on just Nitro and Thunder for the time being.

WWF (90.0 popularity rating with a current bankroll of $27,384,323)

World Title- 92.6

Champion: Undertaker

Intercontinental Title- 79.0

Champion: Chris Benoit

European Title- 63.8

Champion: Molly Holly

Hardcore Title- 55.5

Champion: Vacant

Lightweight Title- 62.9

Champion: Dean Malenko

Tag Team Titles- 78.8

Champions: Raven/Mr. Aguila

Womens Title- 44.6

Notes: WWF hot shotted the World Title around this month. Chris Jericho won it on April 3rd, Eddie Guerrero on April 17th, and the Undertaker on April 24th.

ECW (67.1 popularity rating with a current bankroll of $1,633,038)

World Title- 71.7

Champion: Justin Credible

Television Title- 62.9

Champion: Danny Doring

FTW Title- 42.0

Tag Team Titles- 67.6

Champions: Tommy Dreamer/Masato Tanaka

Notes: ECW took a risk by putting on a pay per view, called Dirty Livin', on in Puerto Rico. Tickets didn't sell as they expected and because of that, ECW took a financial hit.

NWA: Wildside (6.3 popularity rating with a current bankroll of $-5,021)

World Title- 0.0

Notes: WCW has been in negotiations to purchase NWA:Wildside and run it was it's own promotion, openly exchanging talent whenever necessary.

CZW (8.0 popularity rating with a current bankroll of $592,319)

World Title- 28.6

Tag Title- 17.6

Champions: Vacant

Ironman Title- 15.1

Notes: None

I don't think I haven't read anything you've written since you did your WCW '98-99 diary, I'll leave my thoughts on the diary as I read.

The first meeting was pretty good, I always liked the way you wrote the backstage stuff. (damn you for not using alot of them in '98 ;) I did not like the current champions get put into the tournament. Sure, It would have made sense if they still held their titles, But since all the belts were stripped, The tournament had losers like Knobbs, Harris', etc. The stuff with Russo/Sullivan was good too.

Nitro 4/10/00

- I liked the Bischoff/Russo segment. Is Bischoff a face? I kinda saw Sting beating Dustin a mile away. Hopefully the Stinger makes it to the finals or something. He was still pretty decent back in 2000. Good way to make Sid seem crazy in his interview. He does not stand a chance of becoming champion though. I pretty much gave up on WCW a few months before this, But Harlem Heat 2000 was Stevie Ray and Ahmed Johnson? Shitty team, But atleast you had them win over two cruiserweights. I kinda sense you're giving Kidman the Edge screwed gimmick so to speak. I think with a better manager you can get him over big. Holy shit! The Wall over Hogan? I knew Kidman was gonna do something, But I never thought he'd like cost Hogan the match. I thought he'd get The Wall disqualified or something. Nice shocker there Phenom. The Jarrett interview was all right, Nothing special, But I don't think it was intended to be. Jarrett versus Knobbs on Thunder? That ain't gonna be pretty. Despite beating Vampiro, I still think Sid won't win the tournament. Atleast he won. If Vampiro had beaten the guy who had the belt like a week before the show, It would have made the title look bad in my opinion. Kidman and Hogan feuding is cool, I just hope it doesn't lead to Hogan squashing Kidman. The TV title is being brought back? Personally, I think you should have just forgotten about it. It was worthless after Booker T lost it to Rick Steiner in '99. Another problem is, I can't really think of anything on your current roster to hold the title. But you're a solid booker, I'm sure you'll make the title look good again. I suggest defenses every show like they used to do. Booker T beating Flair kind of surprised me. I knew Flair wasn't winning the belt, But I thought he'd advance. So, Flair and Hogan are gone from the tournament? Weren't they both Bischoff's picks? I was thinking after the meeting, Like one of the guys picked by each guy would advance while the other lost. The first show was pretty much focused on the World title. Only problem I had with it other then the ones mentioned, Was that there wasn't too many shockers. I mean, This is Russo booking as well. I remember when WCW restarted, They had like a bunch of wild brawls and even Mike Awesome came in. I was hoping for some to debut. I just don't think the tournament would keep people all that interested. My pick for the tournament is sadly Double J, I hope I'm wrong and someone like DDP, Booker or Sting win it. Good show, Nothing too special though.

Thunder 4/12/00

Bischoff's announcement was a nice way to open up the show. What in the heck is a round robin challenge though? Lets see if you can bring back the prestige(sp) to the titles. Personally, I think Juventud Guerrera would make a great Cruiserweight Champion :D As for the other titles, I honestly don't know. As long as the 40 year old club doesn't own half of them when it's over with I'll be happy. Heh, Steiner is so gonna kill The Artist. I liked Steiner's interview, It sounded like his usual roid raged self. Damn, I was hoping you'd forget all about the Harris'. I see them pulling the old switcharoo in the tournament and still losing. Damn, Ron vs. Duggan? I would have atleast paired them off against some semi talented. I didn't really care for this one at all. Neither one of these losers are legit contenders for the World title. Good little segment with DDP and Jarrett, I don't know the way the brackets are set up. But maybe they'll fight each other? It was obvious Jarrett was going over, But I don't like him having to cheat to beat Knobbs. I mean, It's fricking Brian Knobbs! I know you can't have clean finishes all the time, But I think it just made Jarrett look bad having to use the guitar on Knobbs. Had Skipper or Romeo even debuted at this point? Them with Hancock could work out. Wooooo! Juvi, Good to see him picking up a win. Poor Shannon, Jobbing twice in the week. I guess Romeo and Skipper doesn't get miss Hancock. I liked the team of Flair/Crowbar from what little I saw of them. Maybe they'll be the next tag champs? Nevermind, Hancock seems to have changed her mind. That could make a good pairing. DDP wins, Not a big shocker there. I have liked all the guys who've made it in the tournament thus far, Except the Harris'. Good show, I thought this was actually better than Nitro :D

Spring Stampede 4/16/00

Good angle with Shane Douglas at the beginning by having him out there and mentioning how he tried to leave WCW. I'm sure could old Dean will get involved somehow. DDP wins, Good. I wonder who'd want DDP less than a hundred percent? *cough* Jarrett <_< I think Douglas is bringing in Storm or Candido possibly. Nice interview with them by the way. Bizarre booking by having Steiner versus Jarrett. Steiner's a heel isn't he? Then again, He did wrestle The Artist. Crap, Jarrett wins. I seriously hope he doesn't win the tournament. I didn't mind him cheating to beat Steiner, But seriously, He needed a guitar to beat FN Knobbs? Good stuff with Kidman. I liked how he brought up Hogan turning on WCW at BATB '96. I didn't like how he kept calling himself BK though. "BK" just sounds goofy. I was 50/50 going into Wall/Booker T. Glad the Book won. I don't see him winning this tournament though. I don't think he's ready for the World title yet. Jarrett came off well in the interview. Maybe Steiner will show back up and cost him his match or something? I'm already getting sick of Mean Gene though :pinch: I can't believe Sid beat Sting. It makes Sid look good, But I was hoping Sting would win the tournament. I still don't see Sid winning it. Bizarre stuff with Vampiro and Sting. I hope you don't have them feud. Everyone who does a diary of this time period does Sting versus Vampiro. I'd like to see something new. Yes, DDP beat Jarrett! Excellent, I hope Page wins the tournament now. Mike Awesome! Holy shit, I didn't see that coming! Nice to see him with Douglas. I only wished this had happened after Booker/Sid so the match would have happened. It would have made Booker look like a true contender if he beat Sid. Before I check out the main event, My prediction is DDP winning. :( I was wrong, Booker T won. I don't like Booker winning, Don't get me wrong, Booker T is great and all. But what had he done prior to April of 2000? He beat Flair, The Wall and DDP. Two of which are former World Champions. I think he should have gone over Sid and then the Awesome beat down could have happened. I just don't think Booker T is a true legit champion yet. Hell, I would have liked to see him get a run with the US title first. Booker T winning definitely was a shocker and it's someone young who certainly deserves it. But I would have waited awhile atleast till the Great American Bash to give him the title. To make him like a credible contender. I just got a huge underdog feeling from Booker. And he definitely needs a new finisher, A missile drop kick to win the title? I liked Spring Stampede, Especially the Awesome debut. But I didn't like the end result with Booker T winning.

Hogan being out sucks. Not like I wanted to see him fight for the title, But I wanted to hear his announcement. I have no idea who Booker T's opponent is gonna be.

Nitro 4/17/00

Kidman is Booker's opponent for Slamborre? Nice, Since Hogan is out and it gives Kidman something to do. Lets just make Kidman seem like a real threat to Booker. I still hate "BK". Booker's line about the Cruiserweight title kind of came off the wrong way, It just made it look like the Cruiserweights aren't in the same league as the top dogs in WCW. The Wall versus Lash as the first match? Come on, Gotta do better than that to compete against Raw. Atleast the big hoss won. Good interview with Awesome and Douglas. Can't wait to see who Awesome's next victim is gonna be. Dustin was put into the world title tournament so people could take him seriously, And you job him to Hugh Morrus? Candido and Noble are a good team. But I don't like them coming in and winning the titles just like that. I would have liked to see Flair and Crowbar win it. Damn, The Artist beat Rey Mysterio. In a way it's good since he was just CW Champion. But I don't like seeing someone like Rey lose to the fucking Artist. I actually kind of liked the Vampiro/Sting stuff. Maybe Sting can come back as a new bad ass heel or something? Again, I did not like the new champion crowned. It makes the US title look bad in my opinion by having Shane Helms win it just out of anywhere. Makes Jarrett look bad too since he was just fighting for the World title, Now he's jobbing to Helms? Sure, Steiner interfered. But it just makes both men look bad in my view. It's a nice shocker but I think someone else like Kanyon, Or someone a bit more over could have won the title. I think Helms is just going to be a transitional champion. I didn't really like this Nitro too much. Too many big names were left out.

I loved the meeting with Bischoff and Russo, Lets see if what you'll do with those titles.

Thunder 4/19/00

Good way to try to get Helms over. Right now I just don't buy him as a legit champion. Hopefully that's change. I hope he beats Flair cleanly. That's the only way he'll be taken seriously right now as champion. Finally, A champion being crowned that I have no problems with. If this gets Chavo a solid push I'm all for it. I was worried you'd have The Artist win it, But Chavo makes a good champion even though he's not as over as someone like Juvi or Rey, But hey, Fucking Prince Iaukea held the title, So why not Chavo? Nothing to say about Hammer/Wall. Decent interview with Candido and Noble. Maybe this pairing will work. I just don't agree with them being champs yet. Damn, Morrus wrestling twice in the week? With another win? I'm sure I said this alot of times in your old diary, But push Alex Wright :) Nice sleezy stuff with Hancock. Good christ, Clark vs. Stevie Ray? Atleast Clark won. I can't wait to see Sid's return. I love Crowbar as the hardcore champion. The main event was Stasiak vs. The Cat? :puke: I understand not putting your main eventers on TV for every show, But after the big title tournament a week before this, I think the fans would have been disappointed with Thunder. I hope you turn Thunder around like WCW attempted to do at this time.

Nitro 4/24/00

I'd love to see Sid take out Awesome behind Douglas' back and then go after him. Kanyon! I hope you push good old Kanyon. Maybe feud him with Shane Helms? I'd also like to see Disco get into a good feud. Or reunite him with Alex Wright? Kidman versus Rhodes is great booking, Since Kidman is bitter at being left out of the tournament, Why not have beat the faces involved in it to make him seem like a true contender for Booker? Stasiak versus Hennig was good for what it was. Hennig wasn't anything special in 2000, But maybe he'd make a good manager for someone. More Russo fun with the Daffney/Awesome/Douglas segment eh? A Jarrett/Steiner feud could be good. Good tag match, Big win for Candido and Knoble, Not that HH2000 are setting the world on fire, But two hosses losing to two guys the size of Candido/Knoble should get the champs over. Good win for Kidman, I hope he keeps going after the guys who were in the tournament. Good stuff with Awesome and Shane backstage, As well as the Parka/Awesome match. I hope Sid isn't raping Awesome back there........... :shifty: I liked Booker beating Luger, A former WCW Champion. Sure, Luger wasn't much in 2000 but he's still a former champion. I still think Booker needs a better finisher. I'm continuing to like the stuff with Vampiro/Sting, It does seem a little Undertakerish but hey, Undertaker was about to return as the American bad ass at this point anyways. I think Helms and Flair should have been on Nitro this week just to hype their match for Thunder a bit more. Good show though, Probably my favorite thus far.

Thunder 4/26/00

I totally forgot about The Demon, For some reason I liked the guy. Might be cause I'm a Kiss fan or something. Anyways, Crowbar seems to be making a great hardcore champion. Maybe after Awesome is done with Sid, We'll get him Vs. Crowbar? Why would Midajah mind Steiner trying to get another woman? Didn't she use to share him with another chick? Another win for Kanyon. I'm seriously hoping for him to fight over the US title. Stasiak totally owned Dustin's ass in that interview. I guess competiting in the tournament for the World title did nothing for Dustin as he continues to lose. I still don't get what a round robin tournament is. I like how the titles are being defended more frequently. I hope Chavo keeps the title for awhile. Candido/Knoble vs. Jung Dragons could be a great match. Luger having Flair's back is a good way to make Helms seem like a legit champion, What's better than beating Flair with his muscled up statue backing him up all in one night? Nice to see Disco with a win, Hennig seems to be in some kinda losing streak just like Dustin. Maybe team them up as "The Losers" :shifty: Good Helms interview, The segment with Flair/Luger and now the Helms segment is making me look forward to their match. The Jarrett/Pamela/Steiner thing has me interested. The Wall seems to be getting a pretty big push, I can't wait to see him fight someone like Steiner or DDP to see if he'd beat them. Then again, He did beat Hogan. Jarrett is the man after this segment with Midajah. Looks like Steiner's little plan didn't work on Jarrett. Great way to put Helms over. I didn't mind the small package ending either. This weeks worth of shows were great.

My thoughts right now? I'll admit that I don't like some of the booking. Especially some of the champions crowned. But it seems like you're trying to make them seem legit. I can't wait to see how you'll handle Booker, Helms, Candido/Knoble with their titles. I like Chavo and Crowbar with the belts they won, But I thought the other champions were weak. But like I said, You seem to be booking them strong.

Also, I think the matches are too long for the TV shows. I don't mind it since I skip to the ending, But do you think you can put the ending to the matches like in bold or something?

One thing, Where's DDP? I don't think he's wrestled since Spring Stampede?

Started off kinda rough, But I'm digging this. Hopefully you'll keep this going for as long as you had your 98/99 diary going. Keep it up Phenom, Looking forward to the next shows and Slamboree :D

5/1 Edition of Monday Nitro live from Birmingham, AL

The cameras focus in on the entrance door to the building. It swings open wildly and in storms Scott Steiner, glasses over his eyes, gymbag on his shoulder, and walking with a purpose. He shoves some guy with a clipboard out of the way and storms off down the hall. Definately not a night to mess with Steiner. At least that's what our announce crew of Tony Schiavone and Mark Madden tell us.

Tony Schiavone: I'm not getting in his way, that's for sure.

Mark Madden: I would, but I'm much more of a lover than a fighter.

Tony Schiavone: We'll have plenty of fighting tonight anyway, including Mike Awesome in the main event against The Cat!

Mark Madden: I hear BK's got a special challenge too, since Booker's taking the day off.

Tony Schiavone: Booker's got a family situation to attend to, but he says he will be back next week and will be defending the World Title, so how bout that?

Mark Madden: Good, he'll finally be doing his job.

Tony Schiavone: We've also got three more round robin matches for the TV Title tournament and as a matter of fact, we're starting off with one of them, right now!

Disco Inferno vs. Dustin Rhodes

Dustin Rhodes isn't even looking like himself anymore. He's let the beard grow in, his hair is looking longer and scraggly and he's even moving slower. Inferno, on the other hand, looked more aggressive than ever in this one. After suplexing Rhodes to the mat, Inferno stood over him, shouting at him to get up. Rhodes sluggishly obliged and once he did, Inferno turned him upside down and drove him into the mat with a piledriver. Again, he shouted for Rhodes to get up, but Rhodes seemed ok with staying on the mat. Disco dropped down to the mat himself and connected with six straight right hands to Rhodes' forehead, then stood up and again told Rhodes to get to his feet. The crowd wasn't entirely sure of how to act, they just stared at Inferno while he continued to lose it in the ring. Inferno yelled at Charles Robinson to leave him alone, then pulled Rhodes to his feet. Inferno kicked him in the midsection, then nailed the Chartbuster and made the cover. As soon as Robinson's hand hit for the three count, Inferno rolled out, not even bothering to get his hand raised.

The cameras go back now to the familiar scene of Vampiro's lair, for lack of a better word. The dark room has a barely visible red light covering it. Vampiro's laying on a table, his arms folded across his chest. A bigger man stands next to the bed, looking down at him. Without opening his eyes, Vampiro begins to speak.

Vampiro: I am still weak, but am only getting stronger. The process is completing itself but we must still get stronger as a group. You, North, are key to this. You know who's on the list, you know where to find them. Now go, bring them to me, bring me my followers!

The bigger man nods his head, then turns and heads off while the scene fades to commercial.

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

Buff Bagwell vs. Curt Hennig

Hennig locked up and quickly put Bagwell in a side headlock. He wasted no time in shoving Hennig off into the ropes, then knocking him down with a standing shoulderblock. Buff goes for the quick cover but doesn't even get a one count. Bagwell sends Hennig into the ropes, then takes him down with a forearm to the face. Bagwell sends Hennig into the corner, following him in with a splash. Bagwell puts his arms around the waist of Hennig, perhaps looking for a northern lights suplex, but Hennig uses elbows to the side of Bagwell's head to fight out of it, then connects with what can almost be described as a spinning vertical suplex. Hennig with a dropkick to Bagwell, knocking him back into the corner then delivers a european uppercut, sending spit flying through the air. Hennig took Bagwell down with a snapmare, then kicked Bagwell in the back and hit a flipping neckbreaker. Hennig got a two count, but Bagwell re-gained control with a poke to the eye followed by a double underhook suplex. Bagwell went up to the second turnbuckle for the Blockbuster, but Hennig ducked out of it and Bagwell landed behind him on his knees. He stood back up but was in perfect position for the Hennig-plex which got Curt the three count.

Winner: Curt Hennig

Backstage, Mean Gene Okerlund has caught up with Disco Inferno.

Gene Okerlund: Disco, I gotta say, I've never seen you with an attitude quite like that.

Disco Inferno: Yea, well, get used to it. I'm tired of being laughed at Okerlund, now I'm the one that's doing the laughing.

Gene Okerlund: I don't think anyone's laughed at you. You are a former champion around here and pretty well respected-

Disco Inferno: Respected? I go out there and shake my ass, that's not respect Okerlund. That doesn't strike fear into any of my opponents. But it's all gonna change, just you wait and see.

Inferno again walks off before Okerlund can ask any other questions and the scene fades to commercial.

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

Chris Kanyon vs. Shawn Stasiak

Shawn Stasiak does his normal routine, looking over his opponent, then looking over himself, but Kanyon's ego is just as big and he stopped the looking with a right hand to the jaw of Stasiak, getting a pop from the crowd. Kanyon kept up the offensive attack with right hands, then sent Stasiak into the ropes, flapjacking him to the mat facefirst. Kanyon rolled him over, but Stasiak easily kicked out. Kanyon went to lift Stasiak to the air, but Stasiak hopped over and came down behind Kanyon, shoving him face first into the turnbuckle, then dropping him back with a release german suplex. Kanyon got back to his feet and walked right into a jumping knee from Stasiak. Stasiak made the cover and only got a two count. They went back and forth, exchanging wear down holds and reversals, neither man really gaining an advantage but each one gradually moving slower and slower. Stasiak sends Kanyon into the ropes, attempting a powerslam, but somehow Kanyon manages to land on his feet and DDT's Stasiak. Stasiak gets up slowly and ends up the victim of the Flatliner, which is followed by Kanyon covering him for the win.

Backstage, Chris Candido is with his tag team partner, Jamie Knoble. The belts are on display in the background.

Jamie Knoble: But he kicked me in the jaw!

Chris Candido: Knocked ya out too.

Jamie Knoble: So why can't I go get him?

Chris Candido: That's now we handle things. We take care of our business in the ring and that's exactly what we're gonna do.

Jamie Knoble: What do you mean?

Chris Candido: On Thunder, I'm going one on one with Jimmy Yang.

Jamie Knoble: Oooh...ok. Just watch his feet.

Candido can't help but chuckle as the cameras fade to commercial.

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

Coming back from commercial, Scott Steiner is entering the ring and everyone's getting the hell out of his way. He picks up the mic that was left in the ring and demands his music be turned off.

Scott Steiner: Jeff Jarrett, you son of a *beep*, bring your ass out here.

Steiner's literally pacing the ring in circles, the crowd looking a little uneasy about what he might do.

Scott Steiner: You put my freak in the *beep* hospital Jarrett, I'm gonna *beep* *beep* you. Get the *beep* out here now!

He half gets his wish. The jumbotron lights up and Jeff Jarrett's seen in a room by himself, guitar over his shoulder and a smirk on his face.

Jeff Jarrett: Scotty, Scotty, Scotty. Now you didn't think I was actually going to do something as dastardly as break my guitar over your little freak's head and then be dumb enough to show up tonight, did you?

Scott Steiner: You're *beep* dead Jarrett!

Jeff Jarrett: Even if I was there Steiner, I'd just beat you like I did at Spring Stampede. But since you're so ornery and are in such a mood to fight tonight, I did arrange a special match for you...if you're man enough.

Steiner mouths something to Jarrett, but doesn't say it into the mic so it doesn't get picked up.

Jeff Jarrett: Since I just couldn't make it tonight, I figured I'd give you the next best thing. You just stay right there because you're opponent for tonight is Ron Harris!

The crowd boos the mention of Ron, but Jarrett's not done.

Jeff Jarrett: And! Don Harris!

Scott continues to shout things at Jarrett, but without him using the mic, it's not getting picked up. Doesn't appear to be more than his usual tyrade though.

Jeff Jarrett: Enjoy Steiner, then maybe you can earn the match with me.

The Harris Bros. make their way down to the ring.

Scott Steiner vs. The Harris Bros.

Steiner stares at both Harris Bros., then decides not to wait and slides out of the ring, meeting them halfway up the aisle with a flurry of right hands. He trades off between brothers, but soon, the numbers overcome him and both Harris' are rolling him into the ring. Don stays on the apron and Ron backs Steiner into the corner, driving a knee into his midsection, then hammering down on his back.. Ron sends Steiner into the opposite corner, then charges but Steiner charges out of the corner at the same time and nearly flips Ron with a clothesline. Steiner doesn't stop there, suplexing Don over the top rope and into the ring, then using a belly to belly suplex on Ron before bodyslamming Don. The fans can't help but cheer the performance by Scotty Steiner. He goes to put the Steiner Recliner on Ron, but Don comes back and kicks him in the back of his head. Of course, Ron gets up and the double stompjob starts up again. Ron sends him into the ropes and both Harris' take him down with a big boot. Don doesn't even attempt a cover, their only job is to hurt Scott. Again, they send him into the ropes for a double clothesline, but Steiner ducks there's and connects with a double of his own, taking both men down! Steiner runs Ron Harris over the top rope and plants Don with another belly to belly suplex. Scott slaps on the Steiner Recliner and within seconds, Don is tapping out.

Winner: Scott Steiner

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

Crowbar vs. Berlyn

Berlyn attacked Crowbar right away, kicking him to the ground, then dropping to the mat himself and literally ramming Crowbar's face into the canvas repeatedly. Berlyn stood Crowbar up in the corner, lighting up his chest with a chop, then lifted him into the air with a press, dropping Crowbar jaw first on the top turnbuckle. Berlyn was in control when he went to the outside, looking under the ring. He stood up and had a stop sign, but Crowbar slid under the bottom rope with a baseball slide and sent that stop sign right into the face of Berlyn. Crowbar reached under the ring and grabbed his namesake. Crowbar placed the stop sign over the chest and face of Berlyn, then nailed it three times in a row with the crowbar, the impact and vibration doing damage over Berlyn's body. Crowbar stands Berlyn up against the steel pole, driving the crowbar into his midsection, prompting him to bend over. Crowbar then puts the stop sign on the floor and climbs to the apron. Crowbar leaps off with a legdrop to the back of Berlyn's head driving him face first into the stop sign on the floor. Crowbar stands up and the lights go off in the arena. A dark red, barely visible, light covers the walkway from the back to the ring. Crowbar rolls in the ring, ready to fight. A big man who you recognize as North from earlier with a long, black cloak on makes his way down to the ring slowly, lifting his head once he gets to Berlyn. He stares at Crowbar in the ring, then picks up the limp body of Berlyn and turns around. He carries Berlyn to the back while the ref has no choice but to declare Crowbar the winner.

North disappears behind the curtains and the lights in the arena come back on. Scene fades to commercial.

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

Back from commercial, Billy Kidman's in the ring by himself, Torrie Wilson mysterious by her absence. He's got jean shorts on and a black wifebeater, plus a mic in his hand.

Billy Kidman: They tell me that that coward of a champion, Booker T, isn't in the building tonight. Doesn't surprise me really. Look at me, would you show up knowing I was coming after you? Exactly. But since Booker's not here, and since some of you morons keep doubting me, I'm here to make an open challenge. Anybody in the back, any former champions, anyone with any credibility at all, come on out and learn how to wrestle the BK way. I don't care what belt you've held, I don't care how long ago it was, I want any former champion to come out here and get in this ring.

Kidman's interrupted by the music of Rick Steiner, who gets a good pop from the crowd. Kidman drops the mic and welcomes Steiner into the ring.

Billy Kidman vs. Rick Steiner

Kidman smirks to himself when Rick rolls into the ring. It may not be his top choice, but I'm sure Rick will at least put up a fight. Kidman didn't want to get into a battle of strength, so he kicked Steiner while he was still on all fours, putting the boots right to Steiner's back and neck. Kidman was relentless with the boots, putting nearly two dozen into Steiner's tough but aging body. Finally, Kidman backed off and raised his arms to the crowd, getting booed for his actions. As Steiner starts to get to his knees, Kidman plants the bottom of his foot into the side of Steiner's head, knocking him onto the middle rope, throat first. Kidman steps through the ropes out onto the apron, then delivers a standing legdrop to the back of Steiner's head, adding pressure to his throat. Kidman rolls back in the ring, smiling as he puts his knee into the back of Rick, then pulls back on his shoulders in a modified surfboard. Steiner screaming out in pain, but Kidman shows no mercy, yanking back harder with every shout from Rick. He finally lets go of the move, letting Rick Steiner get to his feet, but keeps him locked in an armbar so as not to lose control. Kidman backs himself up to the corner, then backs up to the second turnbuckle before delivering an elbow to the extended arm of Steiner. Kidman follows that with a kick to the midsection of Steiner but Rick catches his foot. Kidman goes for the insiguri, but Steiner ducks that and slams Kidman knee first into the mat. Kidman gets back up but walks right into an overhead release suplex from Rick, nearly tossing Kidman completely out of the ring. Steiner continues his comeback with thunderous right hands and then a stiff clothesline that knocked Kidman over the top rope, slammed him to the apron, then finally he hit the floor. Steiner wanted to go out and stay on the offensive, but Mark Johnson wasn't having any of it, pulling Steiner back in and turning him around. That allowed Kidman on the outside to pull him by his feet and cause Steiner to crash face first. Kidman wasted no time in heading to the top rope and delivered the shooting star press to the back of Rick Steiner. After a roll over, Kidman had the win.

Winner: Billy Kidman

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

Shane Douglas walked Mike Awesome down to the ring, but senior official Nick Patrick, aware of Douglas' contract troubles with WCW, bannished him to the back.

Mike Awesome vs. The Cat

Awesome's main event debut and he was ready for it. He took the fight right to the Cat, hammering him with right hands, backing him into the corner, then raising multiple knees into the ribs of Cat, then veils him out of the corner, tossing him to the middle of the ring. Awesome watches as Cat gets to his feet, then runs him over with a charging shoulderblock. Again, he waits, then again Awesome runs over Cat with a shoulderblock. Awesome picks Cat off the mat this time, leaning him against the ropes. Awesome opens his palm and slaps Cat on the chest, the sound resonating around the arena. Awesome sends Cat into the opposite ropes, but Cat ducks a clothesline, bounces off the ropes, ducks another clothesline, bounces off the ropes and is able to take Awesome down with a running front kick! Awesome up quickly but Cat with a leg sweep puts him right back, then follows that with a quick leg drop across the throat of Awesome. Cat with a pin, but Awesome benchpresses him off. Cat goes for a side suplex, but Awesome's able to maneuver himself and puts Cat in a full nelson then drops him with a full nelson slam. Awesome catches his breath while watching Cat get back up. Awesome goes to lift Cat into the air, but Cat's able to turn his body and kicks Awesome in the ribs. Cat on his feet now and delivers another rib kick, then spins and jumps looking for a head shot, but Awesome catches him, turns him upside down and drives him headfirst into the mat with a piledriver. Awesome pulls Cat to his feet slowly, then lifts him up into the air and delivers the Awesome Bomb! The three count quickly follows.

Winner: Mike Awesome

As soon as the three count goes down, the jumbotron lights up showing Shane Douglas in the back. Standing behind him is Sid, which prompts a huge pop from the crowd. When he grabs Shane by the head, they get even louder. Awesome sees what's going on and slides out of the ring, running up the aisle. Sid drills Douglas with a right hand and tosses him into a pile of miscellaneous items just as Awesome bursts through the curtains. Sid turns to Awesome and the two immediately start slugging it out as Nitro fades to black.

Quick Results

Disco Inferno d. Dustin Rhodes

Match Reaction = 70.6%

Match Quality = 78.9%

Overall Rating = 76.3%

Curt Hennig d. Buff Bagwell

Match Reaction = 73.0%

Match Quality = 74.1%

Overall Rating = 77.2%

Chris Kanyon d. Shawn Stasiak

Match Reaction = 74.6%

Match Quality = 77.1%

Overall Rating = 82.6%

Crowbar d. Berlyn

Match Reaction = 69.8%

Match Quality = 75.2%

Overall Rating = 76.3%

Scott Steiner d. Harris Bros.

Match Reaction = 49.8%

Match Quality = 65.0%

Overall Rating = 57.4%

Billy Kidman d. Rick Steiner

Match Reaction = 62.2%

Match Quality = 73.6%

Overall Rating = 72.5%

Mike Awesome d. The Cat

Match Reaction = 79.4%

Match Quality = 68.6%

Overall Rating = 76.0%

Overall Rating of 68.4

Good show, Kidman seems to be getting pushed well. I just hope he beats someone a little more established than Rick Steiner on the next show. I guess Vampiro is starting a stable? Alex Wright/Berlyn could fit in well with Vampiro. I actually think Crowbar could fit in well with Vampiro too.

With Disco's new found mean streak, I hope that leads to a push? Maybe he'll be TV Champion once again?

Keep it up Phenom (Y)

• 3 weeks later...

May 3rd Edition of Thunder from Memphis, TN

Thunder starts off inside the ring where "Mean" Gene Okerlund is standing with a microphone and the undivided attention of the crowd.

"Mean" Gene Okerlund: Ladies and gentlemen, my guest at this time is the current WCW United States champion and just last week defeated legendary Ric Flair....he is....Shane Helms!!!

Very nice pop for Helms as he comes out in his black jean shorts and no shirt, the United States title around his waist. He steps into the ring, shaking hands with Okerlund, then raising the belt to the fans.

"Mean" Gene Okerlund: I'm sure these last two weeks have been a crazy ride for you young Mr. Helms, take us through it all.

Shane Helms: That's putting it lightly. When Mr. Russo gave me the opportunity, I knew that I probably wouldn't get another one so I went out there and left every ounce of sweat I had on the canvas and I made the most of that opportunity. Then, to be challenged by the greatest wrestler of all time, Ric Flair. I was blown away.

"Mean" Gene Okerlund: Not just challenged, you actually beat him...

Shane Helms: Yea, but there's no way I'm going to say I'm better than Ric Flair. I'm sure if we did it again, the results would be different.

"Mean" Gene Okerlund: I wouldn't be so sure about that. The talk in the back says you can more than handle your own, some are saying Flair may as well pass the torch....

Before Helms can respond to that, the music hits and the fans are on their feet, watching Ric Flair in his custom made armani suit, strut out from behind the curtain. Helms has a smile on his face and when Flair steps through the ropes, Helms is quick to bow to him, bringing out a smile in the Nature Boy, who is handed the microphone by Okerlund.

Ric Flair: Meeeeeaaaaaaaan, whooooo, Gene!

A slight pause to let the crowd do their own whoos.

Ric Flair: This kid right here, he's the real deal. You're the real deal Shane Helms. To be the man, you gotta beat the man and brother, you beat the man.

Flair stops, looking around the arena.

Ric Flair: I mean, it was right here in the middle of the ring that you went one on one with the Naitcha Boy and came out the better man. It was right here....

Flair's face turns serious as he stands next to Helms, his arm around Shane's shoulder.

Ric Flair: It was right here...that you made a damn fool out of me.

Flair drops to his knees and raises his arm, lowblowing Helms, who instantly drops to his knees, clutching his sensitive region. Okerlund asks Flair what the hell he's doing and Flair tells him to get lost. Okerlund leaves the ring and the booing crowd has their eyes fixed on Flair standing over Shane Helms.

Ric Flair: Do you know who I am? I'm Ric Flair. I don't lose to flash in the pan snot-nosed punks like you, I wipe the mat with you with my eyes closed!

Flair rips the United States title off of Helms, holding it up.

Ric Flair: You don't deserve this belt. This belt has been around the waists of some of the true greats in this business, it doesn't need to be disgraced by some kid who just happens to get lucky.

Helms is stirring, so Flair drills him with the belt, then lays it across his chest. Flair stomps the belt into Helms chest, then drops the mic and heads out of the ring while Thunder fades to commercial.

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

Coming back from commercial, Mike Tenay and Bobby Heenan are seated at the announce booth, welcoming you to Thunder.

Mike Tenay: What a way to start off Thunder Brain. Ric Flair showing signs of jealousy.

Bobby Heenan: That's not jealousy Tenay, Flair's just staking his claims. He has the right to be the best and just because some punk gets lucky, that doesn't mean he can replace Flair.

Mike Tenay: Flair lost fair and square, there's no reason for Flair to attack him like that.

Bobby Heenan: This is wrestling, this isn't checkers Tenay. Things get physical.

Mike Tenay: They're going to get physical tonight as our Television Title round robin tournament continues with three more matches. Plus The Wall, the debut of Chuck Polumbo, and Chris Candido all in action!

Bobby Heenan: And a shark?

Mike Tenay: In the ring right now is Sharkboy, who's set to take on the Wall.

Bobby Heenan: I don't envy him.

The Wall vs. Sharkboy

Sharkboy got an alright pop, but I don't see how people can take him seriously. This one didn't last long at all. Wall with some right hands followed by an irish whip and a huge big boot. A chokeslam later and The Wall continues his dominance over WCW.

Backstage, Chris Candido is lacing up his boots when in walks his tag team partner, Jamie Knoble, with his half of the World Tag Team Titles around his waist. Candido looks up at Knoble.

Jamie Knoble: You sure you're ready Chris?

Candido looks perplexed as he stands up.

Chris Candido: Ready?

Jamie Knoble: Yessir, for your match tonight.

Candido lets out a laugh as if Knoble's worrying too much.

Chris Candido: Oh, that. I thought you meant something important. As far as I'm concerned, Jimmy Yang's already history.

Knoble doesn't look convinced, Candido notices.

Chris Candido: You don't think so?

Jamie Knoble: I don't doubt you Chris, but Jimmy Yang, he's very unpredictable.

Chris Candido: I'm sure he is, he's a great athlete...

Jamie Knoble: Plus, the martial arts....

Chris Candido: Right, right, the martial arts too.

Jamie Knoble: And he's a high flyer...

Chris Candido: Yea, he jumps around, I know. Look Jamie, I know all about Yang, I know how good he is, but let's remember one more thing.

Knoble looks at Candido for the answer.

Chris Candido: I'm not exactly a rookie ya know.

Candido grins at Knoble, pats him on the shoulder, and walks past, headed towards the ring for his match.

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

Chris Candido vs. Jimmy Yang

They lock up with Candido getting the advantage, backing Yang into the ropes. He went to send Yang across the ring, but instead held on and pulled Yang back in for a clothesline. Candido pulled Yang back to his feet, then repeated the move. Candido pulled Yang up for a second time, but this time pulled Yang in for a spinning belly to belly suplex, planting Yang on the mat. Candido gets to his feet and heads up to the second turnbuckle. He measures Yang with his eyes, then falls forward, driving the point of his elbow into the chest of Yang. Candido goes for the cover, but Yang kicks out. Candido pulls Yang to his feet, but Yang kicks him in the side of the ribs with three straight kicks, then pulled Candido's head down and DDT'd him. Both men got back to their feet and Yang dropkicked Candido into the corner. Yang charged, but Candido dropped down. Yang hopped to the second turnbuckle and nailed Candido with a flying back elbow. Candido back to his feet and he sidesteps a sidekick, then hip tosses Yang into an armbar into a legdrop. Candido goes for the pin but again Yang kicks out. Both men to their feet and Yang goes for a spinning wheel kick. Candido ducks and Yang knocks Robinson out with the move. Candido checks on Robinson and Yang comes up from behind, kicking Candido in the back of the knee, then driving him down with a reverse DDT. Yang shakes Robinson awake, then rolls over on Candido. The crowd voices their frustration as Robinson's hand slaps the mat three times!

Winner: Jimmy Yang

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

Dustin Rhodes is in the back by himself, black jeans and a black WCW t-shirt. His head's hanging down and he's not really paying attention to where he's walking, which is why he walks smack into Shawn Stasiak, who couldn't be more of the opposite. He's boasting a huge smile and wearing a skin tight orange shirt, showing off his physique. Stasiak notices Rhodes mood and asks him if he's alright. Rhodes, barely lifting his head to acknowledge Stasiak, responds.

Dustin Rhodes: What's it matter? Not like anyone really cares...

Before he can even finish, Stasiak is smiling, looking at himself in the reflection of a nearby aluminum cabinet.

Shawn Stasiak: Yea yea. Listen, do you think my right arm's a little larger than my left?

Rhodes doesn't answer and Stasiak doesn't care, shaking his head at the thought of his own imperfection, then walking off, oblivious to Rhodes still being there. Meanwhile, "Mean" Gene Okerlund is standing by backstage with a newcomer to WCW Television. The nameplate on the screen flashes the name Chuck Polumbo. He's a tall man, well built with long curly hair and short, tiger print trunks.

"Mean" Gene Okerlund: Chuck Polumbo, how nervous are you, just moments away from making your WCW Television debut?

Polumbo looks down at Okerlund with a sly grin.

Chuck Polumbo: Nervous? Nah, not nervous at all.

"Mean" Gene Okerlund: You're going against a second generation superstar in David Flair. Surely, his bloodlines can be intimidating.

Chuck Polumbo: Dude...seriously, it's cool. I mean, yea, his dad is Ric freakin Flair, but what's the worst that could happen?

"Mean" Gene Okerlund: Well, I suppose you could lose.

Chuck Polumbo just shrugs his shoulders.

Chuck Polumbo: Eh, whatever.

Polumbo gives that "I don't care" look and walks off as Okerlund watches surprised.

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

Chuck Polumbo vs. David Flair

Flair started things off with some less than thunderous right hands. Polumbo absorbs the punches, then winds up and delivers one of his own, Flair falling to the mat. Flair scurries back to his feet, charging at Polumbo, who picks him up and slams him down with a sideslam. Flair again gets to his feet, slower this time but goes right at Polumbo again, this time chopping him in the chest, then tries to send him into the ropes. Polumbo reverses, Flair comes off the ropes and steps right into a snap powerslam from Polumbo, who waits til Flair starts to get to his feet, then starts spinning. Flair stands and Polumbo comes out of the spin, unloading with a huge tornado punch ala Kerry Von Erich! Flair falls straight back and Polumbo, dizzy as can be, makes the cover for the win.

Winner: Chuck Polumbo

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

Disco Inferno vs. Shawn Stasiak

Stasiak looks Inferno up and down, then laughs, pointing at Inferno's hair and asking him what it's supposed to be. Of course, Inferno responded with four straight right hands and the laughing subsided. Inferno, however, must have heard the laughter in his head because his all out assault continued as he dropped to his knees and kept driving right hands into the face of Stasiak until Nick Patrick had to physically pull Inferno off of him. Inferno damn near struck Patrick, but managed to maintain himself and walk towards Stasiak, who grabbed him by the tights and pulled him face first into the top turnbuckle, then followed that with a clothesline,knocking Inferno to the mat. Stasiak watched Inferno get to his feet, then delivered a swinging neckbreaker, making the cover on Inferno but only getting two. Stasiak sent Inferno into the corner, slowly following him in. When he was in striking distance, Disco lifted his leg and kicked Stasiak straight in the jewels, dropping Stasiak instantly to his knees where Inferno drove his boot into the face of Stasiak. Stasiak's laying on the mat, but Inferno doesn't stop, dropping down to his knees and pounding Stasiak with closed fists to the head. Patrick pulls Inferno off but Inferno shoves Patrick and goes back to Stasiak, again with closed fists. Nick Patrick finally disqualifies Inferno, awarding the match to Stasiak.

Inferno looks at Patrick like he's crazy, then grabs him by the shirt. He yells something at him, then kicks him in the midsection and delivers the chartbuster to Nick Patrick! Inferno rolls him out of the ring with a sneer, then slides out of the ring, walking to the back as the crowd looks on speechless.

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

Scene shows the dark dungeon like room that Vampiro's notorious for being in. Again, the lights are extremely dim and tinted red and as the camera zooms out, the only thing that becomes visible is Berlyn strapped to the wall, his eyes just starting to open. He looks around groggily but can barely even get the words out of his mouth.

Berlyn: Wh-wh-ere am I....

The cracking of a whip is heard and Berlyn's head snaps back in reaction. North steps into the picture, putting his hand on Berlyn's jaw and looking into his eyes.

North: You are almost ready.

Berlyn looks up and again, barely gets the word out.

Berlyn: Ready for what?

North lets out an evil laugh as he looks right at Berlyn.

North: Ready to give yourself to Vampiro.

Berlyn opens his mouth to speak, but no sounds come out. Berlyn starts to struggle around, choking now as North just watches. Berlyn stops choking, but falls into a state of unconsciousness, nearly falling forward. North steps up to him.

North: Now, you are ready.

North steps forward as the scene fades to the ring.

Buff Bagwell vs. Dustin Rhodes

Dustin's eyes looked like they could close at any minute and the way he moved, you wouldn't be surprised. Bagwell didn't much care about his opponent's mood though, he was there to do one thing...make himself look good. He posed after everything, even a simple bodyslam got the double bicep pose. The fans showed no interest in this match at all and you could see them walking towards the concession stands. Rhodes showed no offense and didn't even do a good job of selling as Bagwell hit the Blockbuster for the win.

Winner: Buff Bagwell

In the back, "Mean" Gene Okerlund is trying to catch up to Disco Inferno, who is stomping his way towards the parking garage.

"Mean" Gene Okerlund: Disco....Disco Inferno, just one moment!

Disco finally stops, turns, and comes right up to Okerlund, grabbing him by his sportcoat.

Disco Inferno: Don't EVER....call me that....again.

Inferno releases Okerlund and heads out to the parking garage.

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

On the jumbotron, a video package rolls showing Rey Mysterio's career highlights, him taking Blitzkrieg down with a head scissors, him pinning Kevin Nash with a hurricanrana, all the fast paced action that Mysterio fans have become accustomed to. Words pop up on the screen and they read:

"The Mystery Returns at Slamboree"

The video package fades to black and is replaced by Chavo Guerrero Jr., Cruiserweight Title over his shoulder, watching on a monitor. He looks upset that Mysterio is getting attention despite his injury. Chavo just rubs the Cruiserweight title, staring at the monitor and the image of Rey Mysterio Jr.

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

Chris Kanyon vs. Curt Hennig

Kanyon locks up with Hennig, but Hennig twists around and puts the Innovator of Offense into a hammerlock, pushing him chest first into the corner. Hennig hooks him for a german, but Kanyon uses an elbow to stop that, then another elbow sends Hennig stumbling back a step where Kanyon gets full extension on his leg in a weak looking sidekick that knocks Hennig down. Kanyon turns and backs up to the second turnbuckle, coming off with an elbow drop, but Hennig moved and all Kanyon got was the mat. Kanyon up, holding his elbow, and Hennig goes to work old school style, putting Kanyon's arm over the top rope and pulling on it, using the rope to put pressure on the elbow. Hennig lifts Kanyon's arm up and snaps it down over the top rope, then tucks the arm behind Kanyon and bodyslams him onto it. Kanyon rolling on the mat now, clutching his arm as if legit damage has been done. Hennig stops him and extends Kanyon's arm, then lifts himself into the air, coming down with his knees into the elbow of Kanyon. He repeats the move, then goes for a pin but Kanyon kicks out with his good arm. Hennig kicks Kanyon in the chest, keeping him on the mat, then grabs his arm, twisting it as he locks in a code red armbar submission. Kanyon tries his damndest to get out but all he can do is reach the ropes, forcing the break. Kanyon back to his feet now and when Hennig grabs his arm, Kanyon kicks him in the back of the knee, then grabs hold and plants Hennig with a rock bottom maneuver. Kanyon goes for the pin but he's not able to get the three count and pulls Hennig back to his feet. Kanyon with a firemans carry, but Hennig lands on his feet. When Kanyon turns to him, Hennig tries to hook his leg, but Kanyon turns it all around and delivers the Flatliner! Kanyon with the pin and gets the victory.

Heading back to the locker room, Shane Helms is sitting in the trainer's room. A slight imprint of the United States title image is on his chest and the trainer is looking at his head. The trainer places and icepack on him and Helms looks up at the camera.

Shane Helms: A legend. I expected more from a legend. Flair, you're embarassed that I beat you? What are you gonna be when I do it again? Rather than lowblowing me and hitting me with my own belt, why not step in the ring again at Slamboree? I'll put the title on the line, you just show up.

Helms squints in pain as he adjusts the icepack and Thunder fades to black.

Quick Results

Wall d. Shark Boy

Match Reaction = 36.8%

Match Quality = 63.6%

Overall Rating = 46.6%

Chris Candido d. Jimmy Yang

Match Reaction = 68.4%

Match Quality = 80.2%

Overall Rating = 78.2%

ChChuck Polumbo d. David Flair

Match Reaction = 49.0%

Match Quality = 64.2%

Overall Rating = 54.0%

Shawn Stasiak d. Disco Inferno

Match Reaction = 73.9%

Match Quality = 72.8%

Overall Rating = 82.1%

Buff Bagwell d. Dustin Rhodes

Match Reaction = 57.3%

Match Quality = 65.1%

Overall Rating = 65.3%

Chris Kanyon d. Curt Hennig

Match Reaction = 71.8%

Match Quality = 82.2%

Overall Rating = 81.5%

Overall Rating of 71.0

Edited by Typical Phenom

Good Thunder, Flair's turn was nicely done. I wasn't expecting it at all. Looks like Dustin Rhodes is suppose to be all depressed now or something? I'm liking the stuff with Disco. The Vampiro stuff gets weirder and weirder, But hey, Alex Wright is in a storyline, So it's all good to me (Y)

Slamboree is looking good, Maybe you'll add Chavo/Rey to it? I think Chavo should keep the title on him for a little longer and not job it right away to Mysterio though.

Keep up the good work Phenom (Y)

• 2 months later...

TheWire.com

Sunday Catch Up With Damian Rolls

-The problems continue with Stevie Ray. Apparently at the Saturday Night tapings, he was venting to everyone he could find about how he's stuck on Saturdays while his ex-partner is main eventing pay per views. He feels he was just as much a part of Harlem Heat as Booker T, so he should be getting that same treatment. Kevin Sullivan, never short on words, just short in stature, spoke up and told Stevie Ray that if he spent half as much time training as Booker does, he might get that chance. The two continued to exchange words until Doug Dillinger calmed Sullivan down and convinced him to let it go.

-Also at the WCW Saturday Night tapings, Mark Jindrak was injured in his match with Lash LeRoux. The report from the doc says it's herniated discs in his back and we won't see him til at least September. What that means for his power plant tag team partner, Sean O'Haire, is unknown. As of right now, there is no intention of either going singles.

-Bret Hart appeared on the LAW Internet radio show, talking about his status and whether or not he'd ever be able to wrestle again. He says it doesn't look good, but he does plan on factoring into WCW in other ways. He also said we'll see him on television very, very soon.

-Confirmed for Monday Nitro is Chavo Guerrero Jr. defending the Cruiserweight title against Shark Boy. The Wall will be in action plus Kidman has a challenge for one special opponent tomorrow night.

-Ratings news for last Monday

-WWF Raw is War with Triple H beating The Rock drew 927,391 viewers

-WCW Monday Nitro with Mike Awesome beating The Cat drew 487,984 viewers

-WCW Saturday Night Quick Results

-Jimmy Yang beat Alan Funk

-Stevie Ray beat Jim Duggan

-Mark Jindrak beat Lash LeRoux

-Don Harris beat Big Vito

hey man, interested to see you carrying this on. I'm very interested in watching how mine, yours and boulders WCW 2000's pan out differently. Most noticable I think is your keeping of the saturday show and thus arrival of the young talent on the scene whilst i'm slowly weeding through, hamstrung by Bischoffs need for ratings and only 2 tv shows. No style is better than the other, but the results are deffinetly interesting!

Go Helms, I love how Helms is your Billy Kidman Circa 2000 (or maybe your BK is BK? lol) getting the big time feud. I think Flair will treat him better than Hogan too.

But damn, you stole my efed charecters come back video for Rey Mysterio!!! (The Mystery Returns... my guys called The Mystery Man Chris Michaels and is being dragged back into wrestling after a 2 month campaign by a heel) The Commonality of ideas, as we say in the writing business, sure is funny.... <_< Or maybe I got the idea from you....

EDIT: My one query is I cant figure out who "North" is. Ah, the excitement of the mystery. Even if its somebody working a different gimmick than they did could you jot once in brackets his real name so I can picture him? Ala Javert used to do? I keep thinking Kevin Northcutt, but then thats wrong. must be, I dont think he was wrestling then...

Edited by EZE

5/8 Edition of Monday Nitro from Transworld Arena in St. Louis, MO

The standard opening video for Monday Nitro plays, followed by an explosion of pyro, then a scan of the semi-packed arena before settling in on Mark Madden and Tony Schiavone, who get us ready for the evening.

Tony Schiavone: Hello folks and welcome to another week of Monday Nitro. We're just two weeks away from Slamboree an what an event it's shaping up to be.

Mark Madden: We already know Kidman's going to be in the main event against World Champion Booker T.

Tony Schiavone: Not to mention, Ric Flair and Shane Helms are set to go one on one for the United States championship.

Mark Madden: Talk about an un-even match up. Helms doesn't stand a chance against a legend like Flair.

Tony Schiavone: That remains to be scene. Helms' former group, Three Count, is in our opening match as we get things underway, right here on Nitro!

Three Count (Shannon Moore/Evan Karagias) vs. Jung Dragons (Jimmy Yang/Kaz Hayashi)

The fans weren't sure how to react to the Dragons, a problem they've had for a while, but the crowd was definately not behind Three Count, who tried doing a dance before the match but couldn't get past the booing. Once the match started though, these two teams did what they do best, put on a show of aerial moves. Back and forth for ten minutes, it was Moore with a top rope hurricanrana to Yang, it was Yang with a swanton onto Karagias, or Karagias's leg drop from the top rope to the back of Yang's head. The move of the match though may have been when Kaz Hayashi hit a corkscrew plancha off the top turnbuckle all the way to the outside, taking out the other three members. It was all over the place and the crowd was totally into it. With Yang down on the outside after a Karagias diving shoulderblock, Moore rolled Hayashi up from behind and held the tights, unbeknownst to Mickey Jay, who made the three count and gave the match to Three Count.

Winner: Three Count

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

Standing in the ring is Billy Kidman, the soon to be challenger for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. Torrie, the oh so lovely Torrie, stands next to him in her skin tight latex pants and a lowcut red top. Kidman is definately more focused on the business at hand than on her as he takes the microphone from the timekeeper.

Billy Kidman: All I heard last week was how my victory over Rick Steiner was un-impressive....UN-IMPRESSIVE? Did you glorified fanboys even watch the match? Now I can't help it if the only former WCW titleholder that had enough of a set to come out and accept my challenge was Rick Steiner, that's not my fault. But what I did with Rick as my opponent was nothing sort of magical. Tonight will be no different. Except tonight, I'm not taking any chances on getting another mediocre opponent. Tonight, I'm going to prove once and for all that I deserve the World Title opportunity that Hulk Hogan has been keeping to himself. I'm going to go one on one with the former World Champion himself, Sid.

The crowd pops for Sid and Torrie looks at Kidman, concerned.

Billy Kidman: Yea, I gave up some size, but I guarantee it will...not...matter. When that final bell rings tonight, it will be my hand getting raised and Booker T, you'll know that your days as champion are numbered.

Kidman heads to the back while they play a video hyping Slamboree. After that, Nitro fades out to another quick commercial, must be a high-sell week.

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

The darkness is nearly overwhelming except for the faint dark red light in the back that illuminates the room enough to let you know what you're seeing. Vampiro, laying on the table, arms crossed across his chest. Next to him stands North and as the cameras fade back, Berlyn's body hangs limp on the wall.

Vampiro: Did you think this would satisfy me? Did you think I would be pleased?

North stands there with his head hanging low.

Vampiro: I told you to stick to the list. This...this...Berlyn has nothing to offer me. He's nothing more than a common follower, a lackey, he's just...like...you.

Vampiro still hasn't moved, nor has he opened his eyes, but his tone suggests that North stay listening.

Vampiro: Tonight, you will stick to the list. You will bring me the ingredients I need so that I can begin the process of perfection. You will do this, or you're finished. Do you understand me North?

North nods his head and quietly responds that he does understand. Scene fades to the ring.

Buff Bagwell vs Shawn Stasiak

He's Buff and he's the stuff and he got a great reaction from most of the fans, especially the females in attendance. In the ring, he took it right to Stasiak with right hands, then a clothesline that knocked Stasiak to the outside. Bagwell, instead of following up, chose to pose in the middle of the ring, then went to get Stasiak and recieved a legsweep for his trouble. Stasiak stayed on the offensive, using an ankle lock to try and ground Buff, then delivered a bodyslam before trying his first pin attempt that failed. Stasiak stood Bagwell up and Bagwell managed a quick scoop slam followed by a knee to the forehead. Bagwell went for the cover but he only got two as well. Bagwell missed a clothesline and Stasiak took him down with a charging elbow. Stasiak never looked back after that, eventually ending it with the dragon suplex.

Scene fades to commercial

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

Backstage, a chair goes flying into a wall and Scott Steiner can be seen storming around, opening every door he sees, throwing things out of his way, screaming for Jeff Jarrett. What he gets is Eric Bischoff coming out of one of the rooms instead.

Eric Bischoff: Whoa whoa whoa!

Scott Steiner: Get out of my *beep*in way.

Eric Bischoff: Why don't you calm down Scotty, relax.

Scott Steiner: Where the *beep* is Jarrett?

Eric Bischoff: He should be on his way to the ring for his match...

Steiner turns, but before he walks away, the words of Bischoff stop him in his tracks.

Eric Bischoff: You interfere with that match and you can kiss your match against Jarrett goodbye.

Steiner stops and turns back towards one half of the bosses.

Scott Steiner: What'd you say?

Eric Bischoff: It's all about the investment Scotty. I can't have you jeapordizing my pay per view. But what I can do, since you have all this built up hostility, is give you a match tonight.

Scott Steiner: Who the *beep* against?

Eric Bischoff: Why don't you tryout Big Vito, the hardcore belt not on the line, and see how you do.

Scott Steiner: And I get Jarrett at Slamboree?

Eric Bischoff: As long as he makes it there one hundred percent.

Steiner looks at Bischoff. He may not like it, but he's going to deal with it. Scene fades to the ring.

Jeff Jarrett vs. La Parka

La Parka got a good pop, but what else is new. He locked up with Jarrett, but Jarrett raised a knee and took the early advantage. Jarrett runs La Parka's head into the top turnbuckle, then does it three more times before planting La Parka with a back suplex. Jarrett goes for the cover and La Parka kicks out. La Parka gets to his feet and when Jarrett tries to whip La Parka, La Parka hits the ropes, but slides between the legs of Jarrett, hooking Jarrett's ankles and causing him to fall face first into the mat. La Parka drops a legdrop to the back of Jarrett's head, then goes for a pin himself and only gets a two, barely even that. Parka sends Jarrett into the corner, then charges. Jarrett sidesteps him and Parka hits hard. Jarrett hooks his feet and drives La Parka into the mat with the Stroke. The three count was easy.

Winner: Jeff Jarrett

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

Scott Steiner vs. Big Vito

Vito barely has time to roll in the ring before Steiner put the boots to him on the mat, stomping him down, then rolling him under the bottom rope with his feet. Steiner steps through the ropes and joins Vito on the outside, slamming him face first into the apron. Steiner turns and tells the fans in the front row to back up, then grabs Vito and sends him back first into the guardrail, the structure moving a few inches on impact. Steiner drives two straight forearms into Vito's chest, then raises his arms to the crowd, allowing Vito to counter with a kick to the midsection. Vito hammers Steiner in the back, then puts his shoulder into Steiner's gut and drives him back first into the ring apron. Vito rolls Steiner into the ring, but celebrates with the fans before rolling into the ring himself. Steiner was able to get to his feet though and puts the boots to Vito. He stands him up, putting Vito in the bearhug that leads to a spinning belly to belly suplex. Steiner rolls Vito over and slaps in the Steiner Recliner for the win.

Winner: Scott Steiner

Backstage, Kidman with Torrie by his side, approaches Shane Douglas, who's on a payphone.

Shane Douglas: As soon as you get here, just come get me...

Douglas hangs up the phone and looks Torrie up and down with a smile. He realizes Kidman's there too and puts his eyes back in his head.

Shane Douglas: Well if it isn't our very own braveheart. Didja need somethin?

Billy Kidman: You know what I'm here about Shane, let's just figure out how to make this happen.

Shane Douglas: Alright, alright. Any thoughts on throwing Torrie in?

Douglas again looks Torrie up and down with his usual look of desire. Kidman pulls her back.

Billy Kidman: Your fee's already been discussed, now let's go talk about making this happen.

Kidman grabs Torrie and heads down the hallway, Shane following close behind, eyes on Torrie's ass the entire way as the scene fades to commercial.

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

Wall vs. Van Hammer

Van Hammer was all smiles as he watched the Wall step into the ring. Van Hammer matched up with the Wall heightwise and rocked him with a few right hands. His mistake was going for the bodyslam. Wall countered it with some forearms to the shoulderblades, then Wall picked Hammer up and dropped him face first onto the top turnbuckle. Hammer stumbled around the ring and walked right into the chokeslam for the three count.

Backstage, "Mean" Gene Okerlund is standing with the WCW World Heavyweight Champion, Booker T.

"Mean" Gene Okerlund: Booker T, in just under two weeks, you'll be defending your World Title against a bit of a surprise challenger, Billy Kidman. How do you prepare for that?

Booker T: Ya know, I hear cats talking about how Billy Kidman's not the typical challenger, how he's never been a main eventer, but neither was I. I spent years in the tag division, in the TV Title division, but I got my shot and I'm running with it. Kidman's getting his shot and I have to make sure he doesn't do the same.

"Mean" Gene Okerlund: What about the Hulk Hogan factor. There is a possibility that he'll be back before the pay per view and that he's going to demand his title shot.

Booker T: If Hulk Hogan wants a shot, that's fine by me. I'll take on Kidman, I'll take on Hogan, I'll take on any fool that wants to step in that ring and try to take my belt Okerlund. That's how we do things. Now can you dig that?

Booker heads off camera and Nitro fades to commercial.

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

Curt Hennig vs. Dustin Rhodes

Rhodes again gets nearly no reaction as he slumps to the ring, looking more and more down every week. Hennig looks at the ref, then back at Rhodes, wondering if he's really in any shape to wrestle. After that, it was all Hennig as he put on a clinic of basic wrestling moves and holds, Rhodes barely even trying to fight back. A Hennig-plex ended this one after a few minutes of essential practice for Curt.

Winner: Curt Hennig

As Curt made his way to the back, the lights cut out in the arena, causing everything to go pitch black. When they came back on, North stood over a fallen Curt Hennig. He picked him up off the floor and draped him over his shoulder, turning and disappearing to the back. A video package rolls on the jumbotron. You see a good looking guy in his early twenties wearing jeans and a button up shirt. He's standing in a gymnasium watching the gymnists in action. There's a girl on the sawhorse, others doing flippy things on the mats, and some using the rings. He just watches, shaking his head in disgust. Then he turns to the camera.

Guy: Look at them, flippin around like a bunch of freakin monkeys. Remind you of anything? No? How about the WCW Cruiserweight division? Guys jumping over ropes, bouncing off turnbuckles, flipping, flying, et cetera et cetera et cetera. That may be all fine and dandy...for an average cruiserweight. But for me, "Above Average" Mike Sanders, I expect more. I expect wrestlers, no matter what division, to actually know how to wrestle, not just jump around like a twelve year old gymnist. When I make my debut in WCW, you'll see the difference between me and the other Cruiserweights. I'll be the one winning, they'll be the ones begging for mercy. I'm "Above Average" Mike Sanders....Technically, the best cruiserweight on the planet.

The scene fades to commercial.

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

Chavo Guerrero Jr. vs. Shark Boy

Shark Boy got a great crowd reaction, though it seemed mostly to be for his costume than anything else. Chavo wasted no time in going right at Shark Boy, sending him into the ropes, tossing him up and bringing him down with a gutbuster. Chavo followed that with a sliding legdrop across Shark Boy's throat but only managed a two count. Chavo put Shark Boy in the corner, then looked out to yell at a fan. That gave Shark Boy an opening and he connected with a couple quick right hands. Shark Boy ran Chavo's head into the turnbuckle, then climbed up the turnbuckles, going for the ten punch but before he could get through all ten, Chavo lifted him up into the air, then stepped out of the way as Shark Boy's face came smashing down into the top turnbuckle. Chavo grabbed him from there and climbed up to the second turnbuckle, delivering the tornado DDT to retain his title.

After the match, Chavo grabs the Cruiserweight title and holds it up to the camera closest to him. He then puts his face right into the camera and shouts to everyone at home about wanting Rey Mysterio to hurry up and come back, hurry up so Chavo can kick his ass. Chavo seemed quite angry, that's not a healthy thing.

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

Kidman vs. Sid

Kidman kept running his mouth, taunting Sid, then when it came to lock up, Kidman ducked under Sid's arms. Sid turned and grabbed for Kidman, who again dodged the big guy. Kidman kicked Sid in the midsection, then did it again but attempted to hook Sid for a suplex and got laughed at. Two failed attempts later and Sid finally hammered Kidman, dropping him to his knees and then continued to assault BK before finally tossing him into the corner. Sid went for a clothesline but Kidman dropped down to the mat and crawled past Sid. Torrie hopped up onto the apron, pulling at Sid's hair when he turned around. He turned to smack her, but that allowed Kidman to run and knee him in the back, sending him chestfirst into the corner. Kidman kicked out the back of both his knees, then repeatedly rammed Sid's head into the second turnbuckle. He ended the tirade with a kick to the back of Sid's head, then watched as Sid's body turned itself over and he lay limp in the corner. Kidman pulled him to the middle of the ring, stomping three times at his midsection before bouncing off the ropes and connecting with another stomp. Kidman went up to the top turnbuckle, but took a tad too long in his legdrop attempt. When he finally went for it, Sid was able to sit up out of the way. Both men got to their feet and it was Sid's bodyslam that gave him the advantage. He followed that up with back to back backbreakers before going for a pin attempt and only getting two. Sid sends Kidman into the ropes, taking him down with the big boot but again Torrie's up on the apron and she's managed to get Sid's attention. He leaves Kidman laying, choosing instead to walk over to Torrie, this time grabbing her by the hair before she can leap down. He drags her through the ropes and into the ring, the crowd cheering him on. Before he can do anything to Torrie though, Kidman lowblows him from behind. Torrie escapes to the outside and Kidman gets to his feet, pulling Sid up. Sid, in what seems like a desperation move, grabs Kidman first, turns, and fires him into the corner. Only problem is Billy Silverman's in the way and Kidman sandwiches him against the turnbuckles. Sid struggles to get to his feet, still feeling the effects of the lowblow but is aware enough to see Mike Awesome coming down the aisle. Sid stares right at him, waiting, but Awesome doesn't step into the ring. On the other side, after coming through the crowd, Shane Douglas does slide into the ring and nails Sid from behind, knocking him to the mat. Awesome slides into the ring and together, him and Douglas put the boots to Sid before standing him up. Douglas helps lift Sid up into a piledriver set-up for Awesome, then Shane heads up to the second turnbuckle. He grabs Sid by the feet and drives him headfirst into the mat with a spike piledriver! Awesome and Douglas roll out of the ring while Kidman heads to the top turnbuckle. He leaps off, connecting with the shooting star press! Silverman manages to crawl over to where Kidman has Sid pinned for the three count!

Winner: Kidman

After the match, Awesome and Douglas both slide back into the ring but before anything else can transpire, "Can You Dig It?" is heard over the loud speakers, followed by the music of the WCW World Champion, Booker T. The fans explode as he hits the ring, steel chair in hand. Awesome, Douglas, and Kidman all take off, sliding out of the ring while Booker stands next to a fallen Sid and Nitro fades to black.

Quick Results

Three Count d. Jung Dragons

Match Reaction = 72.7%

Match Quality = 80.9%

Overall Rating = 79.0%

Shawn Stasiak d. Buff Bagwell

Match Reaction = 59.7%

Match Quality = 72.0%

Overall Rating = 69.6%

Jeff Jarrett d. La Parka

Match Reaction = 76.3%

Match Quality = 74.8%

Overall Rating = 85.0%

Scott Steiner d. Big Vito

Match Reaction = 70.5%

Match Quality = 77.7%

Overall Rating = 77.9%

Wall d. Van Hammer

Match Reaction = 63.2%

Match Quality = 61.8%

Overall Rating = 66.3%

Curt Hennig d. Dustin Rhodes

Match Reaction = 72.2%

Match Quality = 76.6%

Overall Rating = 74.0%

Chavo Guerrero Jr. d. Sharkboy

Match Reaction = 45.3%

Match Quality = 77.0%

Overall Rating = 55.3%

Billy Kidman d. Sid

Match Reaction = 79.6%

Match Quality = 74.8%

Overall Rating = 76.3%

Overall Rating of 75.2%

Note: Yes, North is Kevin Northcutt.

Edited by Typical Phenom

A very enjoyable edition of Nitro but it seemed to be lacking that 'big time' feel which is probably due to the lack of big stars on the show. I have to admit, you are doing a really good job of establishing some of the 'younger' guys. It's cool to see Kidman get the big push that the real WCW only teased. Kidman is definitely coming off as a great heel who talks big but needs others to help him back it up. Kidman v. Booker at Slamboree should be interesting. Though I'd kind like to see Hogan arrive before the show and see Kidman feel he got screwed out again (ala Edge circa last year). Or it could always turn into a 3 way. The addition of Hogan would help give the rub to both guys unless of course Hogan has creative control.

Good to see Mike Sanders debuting. So far, I'm enjoying his gimmick where he feels he can offer more then the 'flying' cruiserweights. I've got a feeling he has a big push in his future. It will be good to have another style put into the division.

Steiner v. Jarrett is progressing rather nicely. Especially with the story where Steiner basically can't touch Jarrett if he wants the match for Slamboree. I'm always a sucker for those type of stories and it'll make the eventual match that much sweeter.

The Vampiro story seems a little far out there. It doesn't seem to mesh nicely with the other things going in WCW. It also reminds me too much of the Ministry of Darkness angle. I'll give it a few weeks to win me over because I do enjoy Vampiro.

All in all, not a lot of big plot developments on this Nitro. Mainly just a lot of matches used to put over certian stars. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I'm looking forward to the continual build to Slamboree.

Good Nitro. I appreciate Hammer getting jobbed out since you're building up The Wall. And Hammer just sucks. The rest was good, I'm glad to see you hyping up Kidman. Even though he stands no chance against Booker, He'll give the champ a tough fight in my opinion. I was hoping Jarrett would face someone a little higher up the food chain though. Maybe Hennig or someone instead of La Parka? Good to see Sanders coming in. Chavo retaining is good and you're building up the eventual match with Mysterio quite well. I can't remember, But in the Mysterio promos, You had the mask on him? I think that's the best way to bring back Mysterio since he looked like a little kid without the mask. As for Dustin, I think he'll join Vampiro and his crew. Good stuff Phenom (Y)

May 3rd Edition of Thunder from Springfield, IL

Backstage, Knoble and Candido are getting ready in their dressing room when the door burst open and Shannon Moore leads Evan Karagias in.

Chris Candido: What the hell do you think you're doing?

Shannon Moore: No, what do you think YOU'RE doing?

Chris Candido: What are you talking about?

Shannon Moore: What are you doing giving the Dragons a title shot tonight?

Jamie Knoble steps up.

Jamie Knoble: We're just defending the belts like we always do.

Shannon Moore: But me and Evan, we beat the Dragons on Monday. Ain't that right Evan?

Shannon looks at Evan, who doesn't say a word.

Shannon Moore: Exactly. So how come they're getting a shot and we're not?

Jamie Knoble: You want a shot? You name the time and place and we'll give you a shot.

Shannon Moore: Monday Night then.

Chris Candido: So you two lightweights want a tag team title shot on Nitro?

Shannon Moore: That's right.

Jamie Knoble: Then you've got it. Now get out of here so we can get ready.

Chris Candido: Yea, get the hell out of here.

Moore seems happy as he grabs Karagias and leave the champs to get ready and the cameras fade up to the announce crew of Mike Tenay and Bobby Heenan.

Mike Tenay: What a way to start Thunder. Apparently, there's some controversy in the tag division.

Bobby Heenan: Three Count's just looking out for their best interests, you can't blame them for that.

Mike Tenay: Candido and Knoble aren't likely to back down from anyone. We've got a lot on the plate tonight Brain.

Bobby Heenan: You're telling me. I thought Slamboree was here early.

Mike Tenay: We may have to re-name this Wednesday Night Title shot. Chavo defends the Cruiserweight belt, Crowbar defends the Hardcore Belt, we have TV Tournament matches, and Booker T is even in the house to defend his World Title against Johnny the Bull.

Bobby Heenan: Plus, I hear the so called US Champ, Shane Helms has something to say to Ric Flair.

Mike Tenay: This could turn out to be a huge night for WCW and we're going to get right to it with another match from the round robin tournament. If Chris Kanyon picks up a win, he moves onto Slamboree!

The camera heads to the ring for the opening match.

Chris Kanyon vs. Dustin Rhodes

Kanyon, much like Hennig on Nitro, looked hard at Rhodes, even asked him if he was ok. Rhodes responded with a stiff, but weak, right hand to the jaw of Kanyon, who in turn threw Rhodes into the ropes and executed a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker. Kanyon deposits Rhodes on the mat,then dropped a ;eg drop across the chest of Rhodes. Kanyon didn’t go for the pin, instead opting for a scoop slam followed by an elbow drop to the chest. Kanyon did go for a pin there, but got nothing. Rhodes never tried to fight back, allowing Kanyon to dominate the entire match. Following a falcon’s arrow, Kanyon hit the Flatliner and ended it.

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

On the jumbotron, the same video package rolls showing Rey Mysterio's career highlights, him taking Blitzkrieg down with a head scissors, him pinning Kevin Nash with a hurricanrana, all the fast paced action that Mysterio fans have become accustomed to. Words pop up on the screen and they read:

"The Mystery Returns at Slamboree"

The screen fades to black and the fans are on their feet, excited by the future return. They're also excited about the fact that Crowbar's in the ring, ready to defend the Hardcore Title.

Crowbar vs. Brian Knobbs vs. Meng

Knobbs and Meng both went right after Crowbar, pummeling him in the corner til he was in the fetal position, then Knobbs went to the outside and Meng watched with curiosity as he tossed random items such as trash can lids, trash cans, a rake, a stop sign, a chair, and a chain into the ring. Meng had picked up the stop sign and when Knobbs slid back in, the stop sign got bent in half over his head. Meng completed the folding process, then hit Knobbs on top of the head again. Crowbar, getting to his feet, saw Meng charging at him with the stop sign and kicked him in his kneecap. Meng went down headfirst into a trash can and Crowbar grabbed the chair and drove it into the back of Meng. Knobbs came at Crowbar with a trash can lid, but Crowbar moved out of the way and picked up a rake, dropping the chair. They played swordsman for a minute before Knobbs grabbed the rake out of Crowbar’s hand and nailed him with the lid. Knobbs then took the rake and broke it over the back of Meng, who was getting up. Knobbs kneeled next to Meng, but before he could do anything, Crowbar wrapped the chain around his neck and was strangling him in the ring! Knobbs tried to fight it off, but Crowbar kept it on and Knobbs’ face started changing colors. He dropped to the mat from lack of oxygen and eventually passed out, the ref awarding the match to Crowbar.

After the match, Meng went to attack Crowbar, but Crowbar slid under the bottom rope and was able to get away without additional harm.

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

Wall vs. Lash Leroux

Lash stepped into the ring and seemingly knew it wasn't going to be pretty. With a look of fear in his eyes, Lash attacked Wall, hitting him with right hands that just bounced off. Wall shoved Lash to the ground, then ran him over with a big boot when Lash got to his feet. Lash got up a lot slower that time and walked right into the chokeslam from Wall.

Winner: Wall

On his way to the back, Wall was stopped by "Mean" Gene Okerlund and he didn't look happy about it.

"Mean" Gene Okerlund: Wall, for the last few weeks you've just destroyed everyone you've come in contact with, opponents and even people in the back. What is this destruction all about?

Wall cocks his head to the side and looks at Okerlund, then reaches out and puts his hand around Gene's throat. Okerlund's trying to get help, but things aren't looking good until "It's Me, It's Me, It's DDP" hits and Diamond Dallas Page comes rushing out from behind the curtains. Wall releases Okerlund just in time to meet Page with a right hand. Page has the momentum though and lands multiple right hands of his own, backing Wall down the aisle towards the ring. Wall and Page are trading blows and the crowd is loving it. Apparently someone in the back isn't loving it and security floods the scene, seperating both men apart. Page is smiling and telling Wall to bring it as this scene of madness fades to commercial.

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

Chavo comes out much to the shagrin of the fans, who have nothing but boos for the Cruiserweight champ. He doesn't care, showing off the belt every step of the way and making sure every fan knows that they wish they were as good as him. He slides in the ring, grabbing the waiting microphone as he does. Putting the belt over the top turnbuckle, he addresses the crowd.

Chavo Guerrero Jr.: A week and a half away from Slamboree and you know what...still no Rey Mysterio Jr., no hero to come steal my title. Where are you Rey? Just as I thought, you're scared. I don't blame you. I mean, look at me, I'm easily the most intimidating cruiserweight in the World. And you Rey, you don't exactly "measure up" to the standards I've set as champion. Then again, nobody does. Don't take my word for it though, watch this...

A clip rolls on the jumbotron, showing highlights of Chavo's career, him tornado DDTing opponent after opponent after opponent. The clip ends with Chavo winning the Cruiserweight title. In the ring, Chavo's all smiles.

Chavo Guerrero Jr.: Now that's what being champion is all about.

Chavo drops the mic as La Parka's music hits for the next match.

Chavo Guerrero Jr vs. La Parka

Another great pop for La Parka, who used his size to his advantage in this one, utilizing a tilt-a-whirl sideslam and even a spinning piledriver to try and keep Chavo down. There's a reason Chavo has the belt though and his resiliance shone through in this one. No matter what La Parka threw at him, Chavo kept going and eventually, an opportunity opened up. La Parka took to the air from the top rope with a flipping legdrop attempt, but Chavo easily moved out of the way. La Parka got back up, stumbling around and ended up near the corner. Chavo lifted himself to the second turnbuckle, then delivered a tornado DDT to La Parka for the win.

Chavo stood over La Parka after the match and wiped his hands clean while the show faded to commercial.

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

Formerly Disco Inferno vs. Buff Bagwell

Disco cut off the ring announcer as he was introducing him as Disco Inferno and told him not to call him that anymore. He also came out just in some jean shirts and no shirt. The match started off with Bagwell mocking the Disco dancing, only to get punched in the mouth, tackled, and punched some more. Disco finally let up and pulled Bagwell to his feet, sending him into the corner and following it up with a clothesline. Disco climbed up for the ten punch, but Bagwell lifted him into the air and brought him down with an inverted atomic drop, altering Disco’s original plan. Buff went on the offensive with his usual onslaught of moves, attempting a pin after each one, but failing each time. Buff finally thought he had it taken care of when he went up top for the Blockbuster, but Disco ducked underneath that and Buff landed on the seat of his pants. Disco hit the chartbuster and got the win.

Gene Okerlund, always on the grind, stops the former Disco Inferno on his way to the back, but Gene's choice of words wasn't the greatest.

Gene Okerlund: Excuse me, excuse me, yes you, I don't know what to call you anymore...

He comes over to Okerlund, still breathing slightly heavy from the match.

Former Disco Inferno: It doesn't matter right now. All that matters is I just won another match and I deserve the tv title shot.

Okerlund seems hesitant, but comments nonetheless.

Gene Okerlund: Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it seems as if Shawn Stasiak and Chris Kanyon are the two men moving onto Slamboree.

Former Disco Inferno: What? Shawn Stasiak? What the hell has he done?

Gene Okerlund: Well, he did-

Former Disco Inferno: Shut it bigmouth. If everyone's so impressed with Shawn Stasiak, then I guess what I have to do is obvious. Next week, I want Stasiak one on one in the ring. We'll see who should move onto Slamboree.

He looks at Okerlund, then storms off as the scene fades.

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

Jung Dragons vs. Candido/Knoble

Candido started it off against Hayashi with some good ol fashioned chain wrestling that brought the crowd to their feet. Then Candido took Hayashi down with a clothesline and got a quick one count. Candido sent Hayashi into the ropes and Hayashi took Candido down with a head scissors takedown, sending him to the outside. Hayashi dives through the middle ropes and takes Candido down with a flying shoulderblock! Hayashi rolls back into the ring, tagging in Yang, who dropkicks Candido in the back, sending him face first into the ropes. Yang bounces off the side ropes and meets Candido with a kick in the middle, just like the Fe-Liner from Cat. Yang heads up to the top rope, but misses a flipping senton, allowing Candido to bring in Jamie Knoble. Knoble ducks a chop from Yang and ends up behind him, delivering a full nelson slam. Hayashi comes in and gets a tilt-a-whirl gutbuster for his troubles. Hayashi stays in the ring, somehow becoming the legal man again but has his hands full with Knoble, who nails a gutwrench powerbomb for two on Hayashi before tagging in Candido. Candido comes off the top rope with a missile dropkick. Yang comes in and delivers a running front kick to Candido. That brings Knoble in and both teams are going at it full strength! Yang up on the top turnbuckle and he hits a swanton on Candido! Knoble has Hayashi with a bridged german suplex and Charles Robinson is making the three count! He calls for the bell and calls this match a draw due to a double pin!

Winner: Nobody

The fans seem completely unhappy about that result and the boos fill the arena. Robinson tries explaining himself to both teams as the scene fades to commercial.

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

Shane Helms makes his way out to the ring, getting a very good pop from the crowd and proudly sporting the WCW United States title around his waist. He hits the ring and grabs a microphone.

Shane Helms: Ric Flair! Last week, you took the low road and attacked me from behind. You couldn't handle a simple loss, so you attacked me. The Legendary Ric Flair, 42 time World Champion or whatever it's up to, and you have to attack me from behind? Me? Lil Shane Helms? Well thanks Ric, that makes me feel good. Like I said last week, I look forward to Slamboree. I'll put the belt on the line, you just make sure you show up.

Helms pauses and looks around the arena.

Shane Helms: But why wait? Why not settle things right here tonight? I mean the belt's here, I'm here, and somewhere back there, I know you're here. C'mon Ric, you wouldn't back down from lil ol me wouldja?

Right on cue, the horns hit and Ric Flair steps out on stage in a custom tailored suit, hair perfect, and a confident smirk upon his face. He's got a mic and the attention of the arena.

Ric Flair: Ya know kid, you're getting mighty brave out there and I'm not sure you understand what you're getting yourself into. I'm the sixteen time World Champion, wooooo! I'm the dirtiest player in the game, wooooo! And kid, I'm coming for you at Slamboree, woooooo!

The crowd can't help but wooo along everytime Flair does it.

Ric Flair: But not tonight. You want to wrestle so bad tonight, I've got someone for ya. Wooooo! I've got someone for ya.

Flair drops the mic and out walks Lex Luger, getting boos from the crowd and a shocked look from Shane Helms. Once Helms gets over the initial surprise, he motions for Luger to bring it and takes the belt off, showing he's ready to go.

Shane Helms vs. Lex Luger

Shane looks around at the crowd with a look of hesitance, then locks up with Luger, who, with one mighty shove, tosses Shane across the ring. Another lock up, same result. Finally, Shane dodged the lockup and sidestepped Lex, then hit him with a right hand to the jaw that surprised everyone. Shane reached up and connected with a couple more right hands, then kicked Luger in the back of the knee, following that with a bulldog, driving Luger’s head into the mat. Helms waits and when Luger’s up to his knees, he goes for a kick to the head, but Luger grabs his foot and stands up, then knocks Helms down, still holding the knee, driving his own knee into the upper thigh of Helms. Luger continued to work on the leg of Helms with a series of kicks and elbow drops to the knee. Luger took complete control at this point, delivering consecutive kneebreakers to Helms and even running him knee first into the corner. Luger didn’t even try to pin, it was obvious he was out there purely to set Helms up for Flair. He did eventually go for the torture rack, only to have Helms slither his way out of it and shove him face first into the turnbuckle, following that with a tornado DDT that caused more pain to the knee of Helms than anything. Helms tried to come off the top rope, but the knee gave way and he tumbled to the mat. Luger, tired of playing games, slid outside and grabbed a steel chair. As soon as the chair made contact with Helms, Billy Silverman called for the bell and it ruled a DQ.

Winner: Shane Helms

That didn’t deter Luger though, who placed the chair on Helms’ knee and continued to stomp away at it until security flooded the ring and was able to pull him off while medics looked over Shane Helms.

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

Booker T vs. Johnny the Bull

Booker locked up with Johnny the Bull, instantly putting him in a side headlock. Bull tried to push Booker off into the ropes, but Booker managed to squeeze tighter and keep the headlock on. He finally freed Johnny the Bull, but only to back him into the corner and hit him with a back elbow. Booker delivered another back elbow, then pulled Bull out for an irish whip, instead holding on and pulling him back in for a clothesline. Booker followed the clothesline with an elbow drop and went for the pin, only getting two. Johnny reversed an irish whip and sent Booker in, then caught him offguard with a quick powerslam. Johnny picked Booker up, sending him back first into the corner and drilling him with a running knee to the midsection. With Booker bent over, Johnny picked him up and delivered a gut wrench powerbomb, then went for the pin. Booker got his foot on the bottom rope so Johnny dragged him to the middle of the ring. Johnny then got the bright idea to go to the second turnbuckle, where he lept off with a diving elbow attempt that caught Booker square in the chest. He went for the pin again but again was denied the three count. Johnny held Booker for a hanging vertical suplex, finally letting him fall to the mat, but still couldn’t get the three. It was obvious Johnny was getting frustrated at this point and even made some comments to Nick Patrick. He sent Booker into the ropes, picking him up with a gorilla press, but Booker kind of floated over and caught Johnny by surprise with a crescent kick to the jaw. Johnny fell straight back and Booker took advantage, going up to the top rope. He hit the Harlem Hangover and made the cover for three.

Winner: Booker T

After the match, Booker raised the World Title in the air and talked into the camera, telling Kidman he didn't want none and that Kidman wasn't on his level. Booker celebrated as Thunder went off air.

Quick Results

Chris Kanyon d. Dustin Rhodes

Match Reaction = 73.5%

Match Quality = 70.9%

Overall Rating = 86.1%

Crowbar d. Brian Knobbs & Meng

Match Reaction = 71.2%

Match Quality = 60.7%

Overall Rating = 68.4%

Wall d. Lash Leroux

Match Reaction = 64.4%

Match Quality = 70.2%

Overall Rating = 68.5%

Chavo Guerrero Jr. d. La Parka

Match Reaction = 73.4%

Match Quality = 80.2%

Overall Rating = 76.6%

Former Disco Inferno d. Buff Bagwell

Match Reaction = 72.8%

Match Quality = 80.8%

Overall Rating = 77.3%

Candido/Knoble draw Jung Dragons

Match Reaction = 67.6%

Match Quality = 81.4%

Overall Rating = 72.4%

Shane Helms d. Lex Luger

Match Reaction = 72.3%

Match Quality = 81.2%

Overall Rating = 82.0%

Booker T d. Johnny the Bull

Match Reaction = 75.4%

Match Quality = 80.0%

Overall Rating = 79.1%

Overall Rating of 75.7%

Edited by Typical Phenom

Another decent episode of Thunder that still seems to lack that 'sizzle'. It stayed a very busy episode and lots seemed to be happening. Enough plot development happend to allow one to eagerly anticipate the future. I have to say that Slamboree is building up to be a really solid show. I'm looking forward to the build towards it.

I'm liking your use of cruiserweights in your shows. You treat them like legitimate players and not JTTS's to the heaveyweights. That is proven when you have Cruiserweights as tag champions and United States champion. Of course, the top challenger for the world title is a Cruiserweight too. I defiitely appreciate how competitive you are making the 'smaller guys'. I'd probably say that is the Russo influnce of your bookers since he seemed to always want to amalgamate the Cruisers in with the heavies though I don't think he did it as well as you are.

I'm liking the Kanyon the push but I'd rather him higher up the card like US Title contention but a push is a push nonetheless. I'm interested to see where the Dustin story goes. I'm assuming he'll end up with Vampiro as this point.

Hardcore match was decent. It came off more like character development since it proved how dangerous Crowbar can be. Choking a man out with a chain is low and heelish. The match served it's purpose I suppose.

I'm liking the monster push of Wall. He will make a good indestucitble heel type. I look forwrad to his program with DDP. I win over Page would catapult him into the upper card scene for sure.

You're doing a great job of hyping the return of Rey. I am really looking forward to his match with Chavo. I'm enjoying the conceited Chavo gimmick. His feud with Rey should be a really good one.

I don't like La Parka being nothing more then a jobber. Especially since your reports are saying he is quite over with the crowd. He should be given a story.

I don't like Buff personally but I also don't think he should just be jobbed out. He was a big name for WCW during this time period. He must be bitching up storm on EWR to take so many losses to mid card guys. It is odd to just see him job so often.

Not sure how I feel about the Disco character yet. I'll give it a few more shows to play out. It just seems so different then the typical Disco that Glenn played for so many years. It definitely could end up being cool.

I never like the double pin in tag matches because it is so unrealistic. Shouldn't only the legal man's pinfall count? I know it's been done in WCW before but I personally think it's one of the stupider finishes. I realize, this is progressing the Yung Dragon v. Noble/Candido program. I'm guessing this leads to a 3 way at Slamboree with Three Count joined in.

I dug the Helms/Flair angle. That was classic Ric Flair there. He brought in one of his goons to soften up Helms a bit. I like how Luger went to work on the knee so that it lends Helms to be weakened for the firgure four leglock. All in all, a very good old school angle. I'm loving the Helms and Flair stuff at this point.

Booker v. Bull was pretty anticlimatic. Bull isn't a credible challenger. It didn't make Booker look any stronger. There was absolutely no storyline advancement. It's was pretty 'meh'. I think Kidman should have at least come out to commentate to spice things up.

I am enjoying this diary. I'm looking forward to the next set of shows.