Stevie's Hitchhiker's Guide DVD Cover!

Guest Jackson

It's really fucking good is what it is, lol.

I like the back as it is very realistic. I can imagine myself when looking for the film picking up that box if you know what I mean? It is very attractive and the front is simple. Good use of fonts, basic background and stays true to the film/book/tapes. 9/10. A very good, simple.

Guest Jules

Make a custom Star Wars: RotS cover for me, Stevie. :P

But yeah, it's another great piece. I'm guessing you have some layout that you stick to all the time and edit it? That's a good road to go down anyway dude. Cover looks realistic and professional, just like the WotW one you made earlier.

damn man thats a tight cover , are you using a predefiened layout for the sizes and box ? if so mind linking me to it ;) I could use a good dvd template

They arn't hard to recreate lol, just make your own boxes and lines etc.

I make different covers different depending on what film company makes the film. I try and make them look as official as possible.

With regards to Revenge of the Sith a little dickie bird says that a cover might be in the works :P

Here's the details about the DVD cover templates. Thanks go to Buckdawg from the WCF

First, download the file HERE!

w00t, now put it in "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop CS\Presets\Photoshop Actions" it will be different depending on your photoshop version and if you installed it to a different directory / drive wink.gif

- Start Photoshop

- Open the .jpg file of the cover you want to use

- Go to "Window" at the top of the screen and make sure "Actions" is ticked

You should now have an actions window (right hand side)

- Click on the little ">" at the top of the actions window and go down to "CoverMakingEngCS" or something similiar

The action should now appear in the action window

- Click on "Amaray Single - 3D" (for DVD) or VHS (for VHS), and click the play button at the bottom of the action window.

(If "Amaray Single - 3D" isn't visible, click the down arrow on "CoverMakingEngCS")

Then bobs ur mums brother, sit back and watch as the magic unfolds!

Be aware it's set to work for DVD covers that measure exactly 3250x2175, so be sure to resize ur cover before hitting the play button, otherwise it wont work.

The VHS version i did was based on a 973 x 737 template too, so ur vhs covers might need to match those dimensions.

Any probs with dimensions, check out Bacon's edit of the dvd one, which from the sounds of it, bypasses all measurements. Only prob, i dont think his has a vhs version bult in like the one above.

Bacon's Edit

Edited by Psicosis