RAW/Smackdown 2005

Jason.

user posted image

Smackdown results for 6-23-05

Smackdown opens up with Mr. Quick and Booker T standing in the middle of the Sucka Free set.

Vinnie: Before I let Booker T start Sucka Free and before I answer the question that everyone wants answered, I have some business I need taken care of. Now, on Velocity, MNM and Lenny and Lodi agreed to a match for MNM’s title rematch. Well, I’d like to change that a bit. The match is still on but it’s going to be one match out of an 8-team tournament. Which leads me to the news you all want to hear. Now, if you recall, I made the stipulation last week that if JBL or the Bashams interfered in the US title match that they’d be suspended. So on Sunday I came up with this idea. I had a meeting with JBL and Orlando, and I had a separate meeting with the Bashams. I offered them the same deal. I told them that they could either stay suspended or they could have the other two traded to RAW and they would be activated and entered in the tournament. Only one team accepted my offer. And that was...The Bashams! So, in the end, I traded JBL, Jordan, Chavo Guerrero, and Al Snow. Now, on to the other teams in the tournament. The teams are Lenny and Lodi, MNM, The Bashams, The Outsiders, Akio and Kidman, the newest tag team on Smackdown Justice League, and two other teams to be named later. Before I get too long-winded, I’d like to have Booker call his guest out here.

Booker T: Alright, please welcome my guest and Smackdown’s biggest acquisition, The Big Red Machine.

Kane comes out to a huge pop as Mr. Quick heads to the back.

Booker T: Kane, it’s great to see ya again man. How do you like Smackdown so far?

Kane: Well, it’s good to be away from Edge and that whore Lita but...

Kane is interrupted by RVD’s music and the European champion comes out.

RVD: Kane, I hate to interrupt you but I just wanted to welcome you back and ask you something. I got this idea backstage while Vinnie was talking. I remember when me and you were tag team champions. I think we should try to re-create those memories. So what do you say, me and you entering the tag team tournament?

Kane: I have one condition. After the tournament, I get a shot at that title belt.

RVD: Alright man. That’s cool with me.

Next up was Scotty 2 Hotty against Rey Mysterio. A video is shown of Scotty’s last two matches, which both ended with him winning by DQ.

Scotty 2 Hotty vs. Rey Mysterio

The match is dominated early by Rey Mysterio with Rey hitting all his signature moves including an incredible plancha to the outside. He was just about to hit the 619 when Scotty moved out of the way, pulling the middle rope with him. Rey fell violently to the outside, even hitting his head on the outside barricade. The ref began the ten count and at 6, Rey began to stir. At 8, it appeared Rey was going to make it into the ring before Scotty hit a baseball slide on Mysterio. The ref made the ten count as Scotty celebrated his third straight victory without a pin or submission.

Winner: Scotty 2 Hotty by countout

Next up was the first match of the tag tournament, MNM vs. Lenny and Lodi.

MNM vs. Lenny and Lodi (first round of tag tournament)

In a great match MNM were able to get an advantage before the match even started by attacking Lenny and Lodi on their way down the ramp. Their advantage didn’t carry over to the ring, though, as Lenny and Lodi quickly dumped them to the outside and Lenny hit a plancha on both opponents. Next was ten great minutes of action, highlighted by a four-man superplex move off the top. Near the end of the match, Nitro brought a chair to the ring and attempted a chair shot on Lodi. However, Lodi was able to duck the shot and Nitro hit his own partner, Mercury. Nitro then turned into a double DDT. Lenny headed up top for a Moonsault for the three count. Putting Lenny and Lodi in the 2nd round. And in the first match of the tag tournament for MNM’s rematch, MNM loses.

Winners: Lenny and Lodi by pin

With that, we cut to the backstage area where Shelton Benjamin is being interviewed by Josh Matthews.

Matthews: Shelton, you seemed to be the most upset of everyone who was traded on Monday. Now that you’re here, do you feel any better about the trade?

Benjamin: You’re right, Josh. At first, I didn’t want to be traded. I felt like I was being betrayed. But after meeting Mr. Quick, I’m excited to be part of this brand and I...

He’s then cut off by his former tag partner, Charlie Haas.

Haas: Shelton, I don’t mean to interrupt you, but I just wanted to welcome you back to Smackdown.

Benjamin: Well thanks man. How’ve you been doing?

Haas: I’m doing great. Hey, did you hear about that tag tournament?

Benjamin: Yeah, I did. I think it should be...hey. Wait a minute. You want to re-live our old glory, don’t ya?

Haas: Maybe. Do you want to enter the tournament?

Benjamin: Yeah, I’m in. Let’s go tell Vinnie.

The two head towards the GM’s office as we go to the ring for the cruiserweight title match.

Shannon Moore vs. Frankie Kazarian vs. Paul London (Cruiserweight title)

In a great triple threat match, all three men put on a show. Highlights included London hitting a double crossbody plancha, Kazarian hitting a tornado DDT/hurricarana combo move, and Moore connecting with a Moonsault on both of the challengers. Kazarian appeared ready to hit a superkick on London but London ducked it and Kazarian caught Moore instead. Kazarian then turned into a backflip dropkick. London climbed up top and signaled for the London Calling but Shannon Moore kicked the ref into the rope, crotching Paul London. Moore quickly hopped up and dropkicked London to the outside. Then, Moore climbed the turnbuckle and hit the Halo on Kazarian for the 3-count and a successful title defense.

Winner: Shannon Moore via pin

We cut to the backstage area, where Josh Matthews is with Kurt Angle.

Matthews: Kurt, next is your match against The Undertaker. It’s Taker’s first match in months. Do you think that will play to your advantage?

Angle: Of course it’ll be to my advantage. I mean #1 He’s not getting any younger. And #2 He’s got to be rusty from sitting at home watching me wrestle.

Matthews: Well, you are on a bit of a losing streak. So Taker’s been sitting at home watching you lose, huh? Hahaha

With that, Angle viciously attacks Matthews. Before walking away to the ring for his match.

Kurt Angle vs. The Undertaker

The match was hard fought right from the beginning. Angle got off to the best start, locking Taker in for 3 German suplexes before Taker powered out of an attempted 4th suplex and got a 2-count with a sidewalk slam. Taker set up for a chokeslam but Angle distracted the ref and got out of The Undertaker’s clutches with a low blow. The momentum shift didn’t last long though. As Taker hit a big boot on Angle and picked him up for a Last Ride. Angle was able to pick the ankle and locked in an Ankle Lock. Taker fought for half a minute and was about to get to the rope before Angle pulled him to the middle of the ring and locked his legs around Taker’s. Taker was about to tap for the first time in his career when the arena shakes with an explosion and then Kane’s music. Angle let’s go of the hold directs his attention to the TitanTron. While Angle is turned the other way, Taker sits up, gets up, and sets up for a Last Ride. Kane never appears and his music cuts. With that Angle turns around right into a kick to the gut and Taker sets him up for a Last Ride. But Angle reverses it with an Angle Slam for the 3-count.

Winner: Kurt Angle via pin

OOC Notes on the Show:

1. With one trade I got three new tag teams. I think that's enough bulking up of the tag division, don't you?

2. Stay tuned to the Scotty 2 Hotty storyline. I don't want to give too much away but I'm sure everyone can tell this is leading to something big.

3. I don't really have a third note for this show...uhhh...oh, I realize this took me FOREVER to post but I'll be more timely with my shows from here on out. Starting with Velocity tomorrow (I hope).

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

user posted image

Velocity Results for 6-25-05

We open with Heidenreich and Jindrak set to do battle.

Heidenreich vs. Mark Jindrak

The match opens with Jindrak keeping Heidenreich off balance with dropkicks and clotheslines. However, Heidenreich quickly shiflts the momentum with a spinebuster. From there on, it’s all Heidenreich. Finally, ending it with the Whiplash Powerbomb. However, after the match, Jindrak extends his hand to Heidenreich, who accepts. The crowd boos Jindrak, thus making him a heel.

Winner: Heidenreich via pin

We go backstage with Eddie Guerrero and Josh Matthews.

Matthews: You’ve got a US title match coming up against Rhyno. Your last match was for the European title against RVD. Which you lost. Why do you keep getting title shots?

Guerrero: Never mind the past homes. I’m Eddie Guerrrrrero. If anything, I should be getting shots at better titles like the World title, homes. And I’ll prove that with my win tonight.

Eddie walks away as we head back to the ring.

Funaki vs. Billy Kidman

In a high-flying match Funaki appeared set to win the match with a Japanese submission hold. However, Akio came down to the ring and distracted Funaki. Funaki turned around into a BK Bomb and Kidman sealed the deal with a Shooting Star Press for the win.

Winner: Billy Kidman via pin

A video hyping the Smackdown debut of Justice League on next week’s Smackdown is shown.

We go to Josh Matthews again, this time with the other half of the main event, Rhyno.

Matthews: Rhyno, in your first two matches since you came to Smackdown you’ve won a tag match and won that US title. This is your first title defense. Are you nervous about it being against a star like Eddie Guerrero?

Rhyno: No.

Matthews: OK..thank you for your time.

Rhyno stalks away toward the ring for our main event.

Rhyno vs. Eddie Guerrero (US title match)

In a tremendous match, Rhyno got off to a quick start with some hip tosses. Then he picked up a quick two count with a spinebuster. Rhyno sent Guerrero into the turnbuckle and hit several shoulder charges before setting him up top. He got him set up for the superplex but Guerrero pushed him off and went for an early 5-star but Rhyno rolled out of the way, sending Guerrero into the canvas. Rhyno picked Guerrero up and attempted a suplex but Guerrero blocked it and hit the Three Amigos instead. Guerrero then went out on the apron and flipped over the top onto Rhyno for a two count. Guerrero stomped away a few times before heading up top. Guerrero went for another 5-star but it was again reversed by Rhyno, this time by giving Guerrero the knees. While Guerrero was flopping around in pain, Rhyno set up for a Gore. As soon as Eddie turned around Rhyno exploded from the corner and snapped Guerrero in half with a Gore. He made the pin for the three and a successful title defense.

Winner: Rhyno by pin

user posted image

WWE Calls Up 2 Youngsters to Debut on Heat!

2 Young Superstars from WWE's development camp, Ohio Valley Wrestling have been promoted to the WWE Roster!  Ken Anderson and Deuce Shade will be making their debuts on the June 26h Edition of Sunday Night Heat!  Anderson will be going under the name "Kamikaze" Ken Anderson and Deuce Shade will go as Deuce Shade.  Not much information has been leaked about what kind of gimmicks these guys will be using but let's hope they don't get destroyed by the powers that be in the WWE.

user posted image

Sunday Night Heat

6-26-05

The Sunday Night Heat OPening Video Plays afterwards the camera cuts to Coach and Todd Grisham at the announce table.

-------

Coach: Welcome to Heat everybody and we are coming off a crazy week here int eh WWE!

Grisham: RAW GM, JD Lane sent over 4 top RAW Superstars to Smackdown!

Coach: That's right Todd, Shelton Benjamin, Kane, and former tag team champions, Justice League!

Grisham: And in return, RAW acquired JBL, Orlando Jordan, Chavo Guerrero, and Al Snow!

Coach: You know Todd, JBL is going to be a fantastic addition to the RAW roster! It's just another guy that can strip Batista of his title!

Grisham: Be sure to tune in to RAW tommorow night to see what kind of impact these 4 stars will have on the WWE! Right now we've got Chris Masters taking on Ken Anderson who is making his Sunday Night Heat Debut!

--------

"Kamikaze" Ken Anderson v. "The Masterpiece" Chris Masters

Sunday Night Heat kicked off witht he Debut of Ken Anderson who looks to be pretty decent in the ring. The match started with Anderson using his speed to get the slight advantage over Chris Masters. Masters tried lots of powermoves that Anderson was able to counter. The match didn't last all that long and came to an end when Anderson came off the top rope with a flying cross-body. Masters caught him and slammed him hard to the mat and then locked on the Masterlock for the Submission victory.

Here is your winner: Chris Masters

--------

Coach: The Masterpiece is unstoppable Todd! Nobody can get out of the Masterlock! Nobody!

Grisham: He certainly is one heck of a physical specimen but personally Coach his cocky demeanor could get him into some hot water here in the WWE!

Coach: Todd! You don't know what your talking about!

--------

Hype Video for RAW's Newest Workers!

A video showing Lane's confrontation with Kane, Benjamin, and Justice League is shown.  Then a clip is shown from Smackdown where Quick announces JBL, Jordan, Al Snow, and Chavo are going to RAW.  Then a picture is shown with the 4 former Smackdown stars and on the bottom of the screen says "Live Tommorow Night on RAW"

Edited by jason_daronlane

user posted image

Raw Preview for 6-27-05

- RAW's Newest Acquired Workers: JBL, Orlando Jordan, Al Snow, and Chavo Guerrero will all be in the house!

- Tajri will go one on one with Maven.

- Christian will take on one of RAW's newest superstars, Al Snow!

- Non-Title Match: Chris Jericho v. Muhammad Hassan

- Chris Benoit, Batista, HHH, The Rockers, La Resistance, and Carlito will all be in the house!

- Tune in this Monday, it's RAW you won't want to miss!

user posted image

Monday Night Raw

6-27-05

Live From Freedom Hall

Louisville, Kentucky

The RAW Video Package Plays and before any of the pyros or anything “Longhorn” hits over the PA and the crowd boos insanely. JBL and Orlando Jordan come from behind the curtain to a chorus of boos from the crowd.

Half of the Cabinet Welcomes Themselves to RAW

JBL and Jordan get into the ring and JBL tips his hat to the crowd who isn’t to fond of him. He grabs a microphone.

JBL: Well, this isn’t the welcome I deserve, but what do you morons here in Kentucky know? Last time I was on this Monday Night Show, I was stuck in the midcard ranks with an overrated undertalented loser, yeah, you all know who I’m talking about! But the fact of the matter is, I’m back wrestling on Monday Nights, and now I’m the spotlight, the main event. My main reason for coming out here, was to speak out a little bit on RAW’s World Champion…what a disgrace! Batista, if you think you even deserve to look at that belt you’re mistaken. Good god, Orlando Jordan could beat you blindfolded!

Just then Batista’s theme song hits and the crowd explodes. Batista comes down to the ring and climbs in. He stands right in the middle of the ring with the World Title over his shoulder, staring down JBL. Batista grabs the mic from JBL.

Batista: I’m not quite sure, if you’re the same JBL I know. The JBL I know, got his ass KICKED at Wrestlemania 21…The JBL I know said I QUIT at Judgement Day! You want to come out here and badmouth me when you’ve got nothing to on me John!

JBL: Whoa whoa, hold on a second. I was single-handedly dominating the Tag Team Ranks when you were sitting at home on your couch WISHING you could be half the Superstar I am.

Batista: Slow down cowboy, now I’m not much of a talker, but I can clearly see you’re out here looking for a fight. But tonight, it’s not your night, in fact, I would kind of like to take you up on your offer you said earlier.

Batista changes his vision to Orlando Jordan and locks on.

Batista: That’s Right OJ! You and me, tonight on RAW, after that JBL, I might think about wasting my time on you!

Batista drops the microphone and starts to head back up the ramp when JD Lane appears on the titantron.

JD Lane: You know what, that actually sounds like a good idea…let’s make it official, Batista versus Orlando Jordan, tonight…main event!

---------------------

JR: Good god King, JBL and Orlando Jordan didn’t kick off their first night on RAW by making friends!

King: That’s right JR! And I don’t know if I would want Batista as an enemy either!

JR: Certainly not King! We’re going to take our first commercial break, but stay tuned, when we come back Christian is taking on another debuting RAW star…AL SNOW!

----------------------

Commercial Break

Up Next: Al Snow v. Christian

Still to come: Muhammed Hassan v. Chris Jericho

ALSO: Batista v. Orlando Jordan

----------------------

Al Snow v. Christian (w/ Tyson Tomko)

Al Snow makes his way to the ring first and actually gets quite an ovation from the Kentucky Crowd. Next out comes Christian and Tomko to a chorus of boos. The match gets underway with Al Snow locking Christian in an armbar early. Christian and Al Snow exchanged arm drags and hip tosses for a good portion of the beginning of the match. The both of them worked pretty well together and the strings of moves were very smooth. Al Snow got a big advantage with a skull crushing DDT! Snow made his way to the top rope and set up for a moonsault. Meanwhiel the ref was checking Christian to make sure his neck wasn’t broken. Before Al Snow could execute the Moonsault Tomko shook the top rope causing Al to fall berries first on the top turbuckle. As he sat there Christian miraculously got up and then executed a HUUUGE neckbreak pulling Al Snow off the top rope. Christian went for the cover…1…2…NO! Snow barely kicked out! Christian stared at the ref like he was nuts for not counting to 3! Al Snow slowly made his way back up to his feet and then suddenly the arena lights flickered and a purple spotlight swirled around in the ring. Val Venis comes running down the isle and slides into the ring, before he can grab Christian he exits the ring and Tomko and Christian barely escape. Al Snow wins VIA countout. When Christian gets to the top of the ramp he finds himself a microphone.

Here is your Winnner: Al Snow by Countout

Christian: COME ON! I thought Chief Morley was over with! You keep poppin’ up Val! How many times do you need me and Tyson to beat ya’ up before you learn! Huh?!

Val: Shut…..YOUR MOUTH! It’s Weasels like you that piss me off Christian! I can’t remember the last time I saw you win a fight fair and square!

Christian: Come on Val, you’ve been in this business long enough, do you think I got where I am today by being “FAIR AND SQUARE” every week on Sunday Night Heat? Think about it Chief….

Christian drops the mic and him and Tomko walk off the ramp through the curtain.

-----------------

King: Val’s really upset JR!

JR: He said it best King, Christian is just a little weasel!

King: Wait…hold on a second…I’m getting word that, my god JR are you hearing this?!

JR: It’s official folks, next week, Monday Night Raw, Val Venis and Al Snow taking on Christian and Tyson Tomko!

------------------

Backstage with Tajiri and Regal

William Regal and Tajiri are backstage in their dressing room.

Regal: Tajiri, the last few weeks haven’t been running so smoothly for us and you know it. We haven’t won a match and it seems every loss has been your fault, so tonight, I’m just going to stay back here for your match, that way I can’t screw anything up for you.

Tajiri: but…Wii-yum…wait, Wii-yum!

Regal walks off and the camera fades to a commercial.

---------

Commercial Break

Up Next: Tajiri v. Maven (w/ Simon Dean)

Still to Come: Chris Jericho against Muhammed Hassan

----------

Tajiri v. Maven (w/ Simon Dean)

Maven and Dean come to the ring first and taunt the crowd. Next out comes Tajiri without William Regal. Tajiri gets into the ring and the match is underway. Immediately Tajiri ducks a clothesline from Maven and connects with a thrust kick that made a very disgusting thud against Maven’s jaw. Maven sold the move very well rolling around yelping in pain. Tajiri went over to Maven but he rolled out of the ring and Simon Dean check on him to make sure he was ok. When Mavem finally got back into the ring he caught another lightning quick boot to the chin and once again exited the ring. This went on until the fans got bored, then business started to pick up. Eventually Maven got the upper hand and dropped Tajiri hard to the mat with a high angle back suplex. Maven kep the pressure on Tajiri and tossed him into the turnbuckles. While Tajiri was in the buckles Simon grabbed him to hold him into the corner, Maven came forward with a high dropkick but Tajiri did a combat roll out of the way and Maven blasted Simon right off the apron. Maven then nearly got his head taken off with the Buzzsaw kick! Tajiri then made the cover for the 3-Count! Immediately after the match Simon Dean dove into the ring and blindsided Tajiri with an elbow to the back of the head. Maven then got back up and both Dean and Maven began putting the boots to him. This went on for some time and the tried breaking it up. After a while of dismantling Tajiri both Simon and Maven exited the ring and started head up the isle. When they were about halfway up the isle Regal comes out from behind the curtain, he just walks right past Maven and Simon Dean and slides into the ring. He goes over to Tajiri and helps him to his feet to see if he’s okay. Tajiri just holds his head and shakes his head at Regal giving him dirty looks. Once Tajiri is back up to his feet he rolls out of the ring and walks up the isle without looking at Regal. Regal just stands in the ring shrugging his shoulders.

Here is your winner: Tajiri

--------------

JR: Regal didn’t even make an effort to help out his partner King! What the hell is going on here?!

King: I don’t know JR but it looks like Regal and Tajiri are slowly drifting further and further apart.

JR: Seems to me, William Regal isn’t even making an effort to fix the problem.

King: You can’t blame it all on Regal JR, it takes two.

---------------

H and Naitch Backstage

After the Tajiri v. Maven match the titantron comes on showing Triple H and Ric Flair standing backstage in a hallway somewhere.

HHH: Who the hell does JBL think he is Naitch? He thinks he can just show up here on RAW and get a crack at Batista right off the bat.

Flair: Woo! He’s got a another thing comin’ H! Woo! Nobody deserves that belt more than you, I know it, WOO! You know it, WOO! Everyone here knows it…WOO!

Just then Chris Benoit comes into the picture and is standing right across from HHH and Flair, they both glare at Benoit.

Benoit: Excuse me guys, but I hate to interrupt your session of self-promotion, but if I remember correctly, since Badd Blood, I am still qualified as the number one contender. So before you start belly-aching about who deserves a shot, remember who you screwed 2 weeks ago.

HHH: Listen UP! You had your shot, and you couldn’t get the job done! I’m not going to let 2 Jackoffs like you and JBL stand in the way of me or the world title.

Flair: Woo! H is the most deserving man in the business Benoit, WOO!

Benoit: Flair, I know you’re a living legend and all, but I’m standing 3 inches away from you, the Woos are a bit over the top, the bottom line is, before you get a shot at that title, you’re going to have to go through me, and if my memory serves me correctly, I made you tap in the gold rush tournament, so Triple H, you just have to do one thing…PROVE ME WRONG!

Benoit shoots a dirty looks at Triple H and walks off. HHH and Flair just look at each other and chuckle.

----------------

Commercial Break

Up next: Muhammed Hassan v. Chris Jericho

Still to Come: Orlando Jordan takes on Batista in the Main Event

-----------------

Non-Title Match: Chris Jericho v. Muhammed Hassan (w/Daivari and Carlito)

Y2J came to the ring first to a standing ovation. Next out comes Muhammed Hassan who is accompanied by both Daivari and Carlito Carribean Cool. Before the match begins Referee Earl Hebner makes it clear to Carlito and Daivari that he wants absolutely no funny business. The match is underway and Jericho gets the upp hand by ducking a clothesline from Hassan and countering with a spinning heel kick. The match goes on and Jericho hits a couple of his signature moves to the approval of the fans, Running Enziguri, and the thing where he jumps off the turnbuckles to strike Hassan on the apron. As the match went on it seemed that Hassan’s streak was going to get broken. Jericho locked on the Walls of Jericho and Hassan screamed in pain. During this time, Carlito managed to get his hands on the Intercontinental Title. Jericho catches a glimpse of Carlito stealing the title and releases the hold. Carlito starts running up the ramp and Jericho goes after him. Daivari tried to cut off Y2J but got clocked with a forearm to the face. Jericho just kept chasing Carlito and was counted out.

Here is your winner: Muhammed Hassan by Countout

--------------

JR: Where the hell does Carlito think he is going with that title King?! It belongs to Y2J!

King: I think Carlito disagrees JR! He stole that belt and it looks like he isn’t going to stick around for Jericho to get it back!

---------------

The Rockers Backstage

The titantron comes on showing HBK and Marty Jannetty backstage.

HBK: Oh yeah, La Resistance…what the 2 of you did to Marty on Heat last night, real cute. The both of you now we’ve got a Tag Team Title Shot coming our way and there is absolutely no way you can avoid it. This 2 on 1 crap just ain’t gonna stop us.

Marty: Do you 2 think we’re dumb? Figure you can eliminate one of us so we don’t get our shot, it’s going to have to take a lot more than a measley 2 on 1 attack to keep us away from those belts! All I have to say after what happened on heat, watch your back…we’re comin’ for ya!

Camera fades away to a commercial

---------------

Commercial Break

Up Next: Chavo Guerrero makes his RAW debut

Still to come: The Main Event…World Champion Batista versus Orlando Jordan

----------------

Yo Essa! Chavo is Here!

”Ooo Chavo!” plays over the PA and the crowd doesn’t give him much of a reaction. He heads to the ring wearing jeans and a WWE RAW t-shirt with his stupid beanie type hat. He gets into the ring and grabs a microphone.

Chavo: Yo yo! Chavo Guerrero is now a RAW Supa-star homes. There’s a couple thing I need to get off my chest. I was pretty excited when I heard the news I was coming over to RAW because there is a certain couple that I have a few things to say to. First of all, you know, Kane and I never really became best of friends, but Edge, essa, what you did to him man, not cool homes. And Lita, that was your husband! I mean COME ON! Kane’s a pretty tough guy, but he still has feelings essa! Edge and Lita, I know you’re not in the building tonight, but I know for a fact you’ll be watching the tape of tonight’s broadcast so I want to make one thing clear…I don’t agree with your relationship, and next week on RAW I want to show you both how much it bothers me homes…I’ll be here so all you got to do is show up essa!

Chavo drops the mic and walks out of the ring. The camera cuts away to a clip of Batista warming up in his dressing room.

--------------

JR: I knew I wasn’t the only one who hates what Edge and Lita are doing!

King: Love is strange JR, and let me tell you, the love between Edge and Lita I think, is far beyond strange!

JR: To say the least King…but next we’ve got our main event! And here comes Orlando Jordan and JBL NOW!!

-----------------

Non-Title Match: Batista v. Orlando Jordan (w/JBL)

This match was nothing more than a glorified squash match. JBL didn’t get much involved in the match as it was extremely quick. Orlando Jordan didn’t have much of an offense at all, Batista floored him with a few viscous clotheslines, a spinebuster, and polished him off with the Batista Bomb! Batista made the cover for he 3-Count. After the match while OJ was laid out, JBL charged ring but ran into a HUUUUUUUGE Spinebuster. Batista played to the crowd and the camera fades off the air as JR was shouting his brains out.

Here is Your Winner: BATISTA

-------------

JR: Batista in an Animal! He’s unstoppable!

King: Orlando Jordan looks like he’s in a world of hurt JR!

JR: Bah Gawd King! What a night! What a night! We’ll see you next Monday FOLKS!

--------------

Fade to Black.

Raw Results

6-27-05

Freedom Hall

Louisville, Kentucky

------------

SEGMENT: Batista and JBL Confrontation (73)

SEGMENT: Lane books Batista v. Jordan in a Non-Title Match (82)

Al Snow def. Christian (Venis Interference) (73,67,80)

SEGMENT: Tajiri and Regal Backstage (70)

Tajiri def. Maven (Aftermatch Beatdown, No Help From Regal) (71,69,74)

SEGMENT: Triple H and Benoit Confrontation (80)

Muhammed Hassan def. Y2J (Countout, Carlito stole the IC Title) (82,85,78)

INTERVIEW: The Rockers (68)

SEGMENT: Chavo Debuts, Badmouths Edge (67)

MAIN EVENT: Batista def. Orlando Jordan (76,79,72)

user posted image

Preview for Smackdown 6-30-05

The tag tournament continues this Thursday with two first round matches.

The first is the reunited team of Kane and RVD against Akio and Billy Kidman. One can only wonder if Kane and RVD will be on the same page after so much time apart. Also, will there be any tension between them knowing that they'll face eachother for Van Dam's European title?

The second tag tournament match is the other reunited team of Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas against The Hurricane and Rosey in their Smackdown debuts. Haas and Benjamin (AKA WGTT) haven't had a match together in just over a year. Will this be a factor? Find out on Smackdown!

On this week's Sucka Free Booker's guest will be Latino Heat, Eddie Guerrero.

And John Cena makes his in-ring return against The Big Show on this week's Smackdown.

All this and much, much more on UPN this Thursday at 8 et.

Confirmed matches

Kane and RVD vs. Akio and Kidman (tag team tournament match)

WGTT vs. Hurricane and Rosey

John Cena vs. Big Show

user posted image

Smackdown Results for 6-30-05

Segment 1: Birthday extravaganza

Smackdown starts just as it had last week, with Booker T and Mr. Quick standing in the set of Sucka Free.

Quick: Two weeks from now is July 14th. They may not mean much to you now but after Smackdown ends on that date, it will. Because, I’m throwing myself a huge birthday extravaganza on July 14th. There’ll be title matches, new workers debuting...and speaking of workers debuting, that’s kinda why I’m out here. You see, there’s a worker I’m trying to sign for that show and, without giving away who it is, let me just say that if I can sign this guy, Smackdown will never be the same. It will be my greatest achievement.

Quick then looks directly into the camera.

Quick: I know you’re sitting at home watching this right now. I know you’ve been away from the game for a while. But if you come back here’s a taste of what you’ll hear.

Quick motions for the crowd to stand up and make some noise and everyone in the building does as they’re told. We go to a commercial as the camera pans around the arena. We come back with Booker in the set of his Sucka Free set.

Segment 2: Sucka Free

Booker: Without any further ado let’s give a big Sucka Free welcome to Eddie Guerrero.

Eddie comes out to a chorus of boos.

Booker: So Eddie, you’ve had two title shots and lost both meanwhile I haven’t had any title shots recently. I’m the 5-time, 5-time, 5-time, 5-time WCW champion. What’s up with that?

Guerrero: It’s because I’m better than you, homes. I deserve the shots more than you.

Booker: Obviously, you’re not, because you lost.

The two go toe-to-toe, nose-to-nose and appear ready to start a brawl before Mr. Quick’s music hits and he comes out for the second time in the night.

Quick: Whoa, Whoa, Whoa. That set is way to expensive to have a fight in the middle of. So we’re going to go to commercial, take down all of that, get a ref out here, and make this official.

We cut to commercial and come back with Eddie and Booker ready to get started as the ref signals for the bell to ring.

Segment 3: Booker T vs. Eddie Guerrero

In a pretty good opening match Booker T had control most of the match. With Guerrero hitting a thumb to the eye to turn momentum a couple times. The end came when Guerrero brought a chair into the ring and was about to hit Booker but the ref took the chair and went to take it back outside the ring. With the ref’s back turned, Guerrero hit a brutal low blow and then the Three Amigos. Guerrero ended it with a 5-Star for the three count.

Winner: Eddie Guerrero via pin

Segment 4: Interview with MNM

We cut to the backstage where Josh Matthews is with MNM.

Matthews: Mercury, next up you have a match with Scotty 2 Hotty. He’s been on a bit of a winning streak lately. How do you plan to end that streak?

Mercury: By not getting DQed. That’s pretty much the only way Scotty 2 Hotty can ever win. Well, the streak ends tonight!

MNM walk away as we head to the ring where Scotty awaits his opponent. MNM’s music hits and they walk out. Mercury gets into the ring and the action gets started.

Segment 5: Joey Mercury vs. Scotty 2 Hotty

Mercury dominates an OK match until Scotty mounts some offense and hits a bulldog. He goes for a Worm but as he’s hopping around the ring he trips over the ring apron. However, the ref thought Nitro tripped Scotty. The ref signals for a DQ, giving Scotty another win without a pin or submission.

Winner: Scotty 2 Hotty by DQ

Next up was the Kane and RVD match against Akio and Billy Kidman.

Segment 6: Kane and RVD vs. Akio and Billy Kidman (tag team tournament)

Akio and Kidman are able to hold their own pretty well by isolating Kane from making a tag. Kidman even hit a Shooting Star on the Big Red Machine but Van Dam was able to break up the pin. Kane finally made the tag and Van Dam was a house afire hitting all of his signature moves. The match soon turned to chaos as the ref lost control and all four men were in the ring at once. Kane took Akio to the outside and they disappear into the crowd leaving Van to fight Kidman. Kidman went for a BK Bomb but Van Dam reversed it and hit a Van Daminator. Van Dam capped off the match with a 5-Star for the three count.

Winner: Kane and Van Dam by pin

Segment 7: Interview with the Doctor of Thuganomics

We go backstage where Josh Matthews is with the World champ, John Cena.

Matthews: John, you have a match against the Big Show coming up. If he wins there’s a good champ you’ll have to defend that title against him. What are you thinking going into this match.

Cena: The Big Show is a giant, slow-moving, waste of space with no talent. He gets by on his size and his size alone. Well, he’s met his match because when I get his fat 500 pound frame on my shoulders and drop him with a F-U. There’s no chance he’s kicking out. The champ is here, and he’s here to stay.

Cena spins his title and then walks off. Next is a tag match between Hurricane and Rosey against Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin.

Segment 8: Justice League vs. WGTT (tag team tournament)

In a great match Benjamin attempted a Stinger Splash on Rosey but Rosey caught him and dumped him to the outside and followed Benjamin to the outside. Meanwhile, The Hurricane appeared to be set to hit Haas with a chokeslam but Haas ducked it and took The Hurricane down for the Haas of Pain. He held the hold for a few seconds before Rosey dove into the ring and broke it up taking Haas to the outside of the ring. The Hurricane gets to his feet just to turn into a T-Bone from Shelton Benjamin for the three count and the win for WGTT. After the match, the two teams shake hands and Justice League raise the arms of WGTT.

Winners: WGTT by pin

We go to commercial before coming back for the main event, John Cena against The Big Show.

Segment 9: John Cena vs. Big Show

Cena carries a great match dominating throughout with Big Show hitting a body slam or a big boot every once in a while. Cena tried to lift Show for a F-U several times but wasn’t able to get him up. Finally, Cena was able to get Show on his shoulders but as he was holding him, a large man jumped out of the crowd holding a steel chair. He slides into the ring and crushes Cena in the back with the chair before hitting Show over the head with it. As the man poses it becomes clear that it’s none other than Brock Lesnar. Lesnar hits a F5 on Cena and gives a couple stomps to The Big Show before posing some more.

Winner: No contest through interference

The camera shows Lesnar standing over the wreckage as Smackdown goes off air.

Quick Results

Eddie Guerrero d. Booker T

Scotty 2 Hotty d. Joey Mercury

Kane and RVD d. Akio and Kidman

WGTT d. Justice League

John Cena and Big Show wrestled to a draw

Velocity Results for 7-2-05

Segment 1: Interview with The Bashams

We open the show backstage where Josh Matthews is with The Bashams.

Matthews: This Thursday you two will take part in the final first round match of the tag tournament against The Outsiders. Tonight, Danny, you’ll face Scott Hall while your brother, Doug, faces Kevin Nash. In both matches the partners that aren’t taking part are barred from ringside. Does this change your strategy at all.

Danny: No, because we fight fair. We don’t cheat like Nash and Hall. We would rather fight fair and lose than cheat and win. That’s why we sold out JBL and Orlando. They always interfered in our matches. And that’s not our style. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I got to go beat Scott Hall...fair and square.

With the Bashams now faces Danny’s match against Hall was next.

Segment 2: Danny Basham vs. Scott Hall

In a very sluggish, boring match Scot Hall appeared to have the match well in hand when he set Danny up for the Outsider’s Edge. But Danny was able to fight out of it and rolled up Hall with a sunset flip for a suprise win.

Winner: Danny Basham by pin

Segment 3: Interview with Kazarian

We go backstage where Matthews is now with Frankie Kazarian.

Matthews: Next up you’re facing Rey Mysterio. Mysterio’s arguably the best cruiserweight on Smackdown...

Kazarian: Arguably? Arguably? Dude, I’m the best cruiserweight in the world. Undisputedly! Now get out of my way so I can prove it...AGAIN!

We head to the ring for the Kazarian/Mysterio match.

Segment 4: Frankie Kazarian vs. Rey Mysterio

A much better match than the first, Mysterio and Kazarian put on a show. Mysterio hit several spots including a somersault plancha to the outside. Mysterio seemed to have the match with a 619 but when he went for the West Coast Pop Kazarian caught him for a powerbomb. But Mysterio reversed that into a huge DDT to pick up the win.

Winner: Mysterio by pin

Segment 5: Mystery Man

A video is shown hyping the debuting worker that Mr. Quick had talked about on Smackdown. Signifying that he had made the signing. The video just shows darkness with some creepy music in the background. Then it says “He’s Coming.” Then we head back to the ring for the main event, Doug Basham vs. Kevin Nash.

Doug Basham vs. Kevin Nash

Another sluggish match but better than the first one. Nash pretty much dominated throughout. Inside and outside the ring. He hit a Big Boot which seemed like it would have won the match but at two Nash lifted Bashams head. Then he picked Doug up and dropped him with a Jack-Knife to end it. After the match Scott Hall came in and The Outsiders appeared to be setting up for a double team move but Danny ran in to make the save. A 2 vs. 2 brawl ensues and Velocity goes off air with chaos in the ring.

Winner: Kevin Nash by pin

user posted image

June Ends, WWE Wrestler Contracts Coming to an End

WIth June ending 3 of RAWs top stars have contracts that will expire in 3 months.  Those stars being, Chris Benoit, Randy Orton, and Maven.  It has already been made official that Benoit has agreed to and signed a 2 Year Extension with the WWE.  Randy Orton is yet to sign his contracts has him and the WWE are having troubles coming to an agreement.  Maven is somewhat in the same boat as Orton, WWE Officials think Raven has a great attitude and a lot of promise they are just having difficulty coming to terms on his contract.  We'll keep you posted on this situation.

user posted image

Heat Results

7-3-05

The HEAT Video Package plays then fades to the announce table with The Coach and Todd Grisham.

Grisham: Welcome to Heat everybody! After another wild week in the WWE the Coach joins me to bring the action of Sunday Night Heat!

Coach: First of all Todd, I gotta say, I'm really looking forward to seeing if Tajiri and Regal can co-exist tonight against the World Tag Team Champions, La Resistance!

Grisham: Well it's clear that for the last month Tajiri and Regal haven't exactly been on the same page, and you can point fingers Coach, but I think it goes both ways.

Coach: The way I look at it Todd, if Tajiri doesn't want to tag with Regal anymore, why can't he just come out and say it instead of blatantly screwing Regal, match after match!

Grisham: Oh Give me a break Coach! Before we get to that however, we're kicking off heat with Simon Dean and Maven taking on 2 wrestlers who made their TV debut last Sunday, Ken Anderson and Deuce Shade, tonight we'll see if they can work successfully as a team.

Deuce Shade and Ken Anderson v. The Simon System (Dean/Maven)

Anderson started the match against Maven and both of them put on an impressive performance. Anderson used his quickness to simply dumbfound Maven in the beginning of the match. Once Maven and Dean used their dirty tactics to slow Anderson down, the match became a whole different story. Anderson finally made the tag to Deuce who cleaned house for a brief time. While the referee was pre-occupied with Dean, Maven nailed a low-blow on Deuce and rolled him putting his feet on the ropes for leverage. Anderson couldn't break up the 3-count and the Simon System picked up the win.

Here are your winners: Maven and Simon Dean...The Simon System!

-------------

Pre-Match: Regal and Tajiri Backstage

The camera cuts to backstage where Maria is standing by backstage with William Regal and Tajiri.

Maria: Hi you guys! So I heard that you 2 were having some problems, are you like going to break up?

Regal: Listen up missy...the problems between Tajiri and I will remain between Tajiri and I, you don't need to pry. As for you Tajiri, you have no reason to still be mad at me for what happened on RAW, I told you I was going to stay backstage, and look what happened, you won.

Tajiri: You pay no attention, I jumped, Simon System beat me up!

Regal: Tajiri, relax, tonight I'll be there with you, and we're taking on those french blokes, La ReSistance! Let's just get through tonight with a victory...if we beat them, we'll deserve a Tag Team Title shot...understand?

Tajiri just rolls his eyes and Maria shrugs her shoulders. The camera cuts to a commercial break.

----------

Commercial Break

Up Next: Regal/Tajiri v. La Resistance

Still to Come: The Masterlock Challenge

----------

William Regal and Tajiri v. La Resistance (Conway/Grenier)

The mis-communication continued between Regal and Tajiri for this matchup. Throughout the match there were half-assed tag attempts where Regal wouldn't really stretch out to tag Tajiri which caused Tajiri to get ripped to shreds by the double-teaming from La Resistance. Tajiri finally made the tag to Regal who sluggishly faught off Conway. IN about 30 seconds of Regal being in, COnway locked in a submission move and Regal immediately tapped, almost as if he was just getting the match over. After the bell rang, Regal exited the ring without Tajiri.

Here are your Winners: La Resistance

This Week's Masterlock Challenge: Can You Stay Awake?

Masters came out and did his normal entrance and then made his offer to anyone in the locker room and to his surprise out came VISCERA! The crowd really didn't care. Viscera got into the ring and just stared down Masters. Masters locked in the Masterlock and Viscera just leaned forward picking Masters off his feet, masters released the hold and then gave Viscera LOW BLOW! Viscera dropped to his knees and then Masters put the MAsterlock on again and this time Viscera tapped. BOOOOOORING!!!!!

-----------

Commercial Break

Still to Come: Daivari v. Steven Richards

-----------

Daivari v. Steven Richards

Daivari and Richards put on a decent match for Sunday Night Heat. Daivari and Richards traded off performing quick cruiserweight style moves to the fans appreciation. The match came to an end when Richards was going for the Stevie-Kick but Hassan grabbed his foot from the outside, Richards turned around toe argue with Hassan and Daivari rolled him up from behind for the 3-Count.

Here is Your Winner: Daivari

-----------

Grisham: That's all we have for you tonight for Heat but be sure to turn into RAW tommorow night, as Chris Benoit and Triple H will be facing off int he MAIN EVENT! Good nigth Everyone!

Sunday Night Heat

Quick Results

7-3-05

--------------------------

- The Simon System (Maven & Dean) def. Deuce Shade and Ken Anderson (63,55,72)

- SEGMENT: Regal and Tajiri Backstage Interview (66)

- La Reisstance def. Regal and Tajiri (76,72,81)

- Masterlock Challenge: Viscera (46)

- Daivari def. Steven Richards (64,61,68)

user posted image

Raw Preview

7-4-05

Gund Arena

Cleveland, Ohio

Confirmed Matches

- Main Event: Chris Benoit v. Triple H

- Val Venis and Al Snow v. Tyson Tomko and Christian

Also

- The Christy Hemme Challenge: What Could This Be?

- Edge Will be in the house to answer to Chavo Guerrero

- Carlito, the Self-Proclaimed Intercontinental Champion, Will be in the House.

- RAW GM, JD Lane has a HUGE announcement regarding the WWE Raw Brand!

All This and More, this Monday on RAW!

user posted image

Monday Night Raw

7-4-05

Live From the Gund Arena

Cleveland, Ohio

RAW kicks off with the video package followed by a special 4th of Fuly firework show, the set is decked out in Red White and Blue. The camera sets in on JR and KING.

JR:Welcome everybody to Monday Night Raw! We’re coming to you live from the Gund Arena in Cleveland, Ohio, I’m here as always with Jerry “The King” Lawler, and ladies and gentlemen, like the 4th of July, this show is going to be explosive!

King: You said it JR! Triple H and Chris Benoit, ONE on ONE! Tonight in that very ring!

JR: It will certainly be quite a night King!

---------------------------

RAW Kicks off with The Champ, The Wrestling God, and the Boss

After the pyros Batista’s theme song hits over the PA and the crowd erupts. Batista makes his way to the ring carrying the World Heavyweight Title. He gets into the ring and grabs himself a microphone.

Batista: JBL…how’s your back buddy? I apologize if I broke your back with that spinebuster, I was trying to be nice about it! The funny thing is, you can’t even successfully cheap shot me! What make’s you think, you can handle me one on one, when I’m actually paying attention to you?!

Before Batista can continue “Longhorn” plays and the crowd boos. JBL comes onto the stage and tips his hat to the crowd. He makes his way to the ring and stares down Batista with his cocky smile.

Batista: What now? What could you possibly want?

JBL: Shut Up! You don’t understand Batista do you? You just don’t get it! You may be the current champ but I will always be a WRESTLING GOD! It’s easy for you to come out here and flap your gums, because no matter what you say, these fans adore you! It’s said when true talent like me comes out to the ring, and I get treated so poorly! The bottom line is Batista, I want you, and I want your title, I’m not going to let last week stop me.

Just then JD Lane makes his way to the ring. He enters the ring and stands between Batista and JBL.

JD Lane: Alright you 2, deep breaths guys…relax. JBL you’re in luck my friend. All week I’ve been on the phone with WWE Officials, higher-ups at Spike TV, and we’ve all come to an agreement. As you all know, Smackdown is the brand that will be having the Pay-Per-View this month, Great American Bash…contract states one brand extension may have a pay-per-view per month, unless it is a joint-production. So I’ve come up with a way to give RAW’s dedicated fans, a show they will not forget! Monday….July 25th, the day after Great American Bash…..starting at 8PM Eastern, 7 Central….Spike TV will be airing, WWE RAW Supershow Extravaganza! 3 Hours Long…All Titles on the line! Batista….JBL………You will be fighting for the World Title…July 25th, this very ring….MAIN EVENT!!!

The crowd is going nuts and JD Lane drops the microphone and heads up the ramp, Batista and JBL just stare at each other until the camera fades to a commercial.

--------------------

JR: Bah Gawd King! The equivalent of a Pay-Per-View on free Spike TV!

King: It’s going to be huge JR! JBL and Batista for the world title!

---------------------

Commercial Break

Still to come: Val Venis & Al Snow v. Tyson Tomko & Christian

Also: Chris Benoit v. Triple H

---------------------

Backstage Ambush: Marty Jannetty, Out of Commision

When they came back from the break the camera went backstage and showed La Resistance walking away from the camera laughing. The camera then panned across the floor and showed Marty Jannetty laid out cold, busted wide open. HBK comes running and gets on his knees to check on Marty yelling, get help! Somebody get help!

---------

JR: What a horrendous act King! La Resistance, those no good, dammit King! Jannetty is busted wide open!

King: I’m speechless JR! La Resistance has crossed the line this time, The Rockers’ title shot was scheduled for next week on RAW, I hope Marty is OK by then.

---------

Venis/Snow v. Christian/Tomko

Val Venis starts the match off with Christian and Christian has the clear upperhand for the beginning of the match. Christian kept Venis pretty well grounded with arm drags and headlocks. The tide turned in Venis’s favor when Christian tagged in Tomko. Venis took advantage and was able to tag in Al Snow. So the match went on, and it was pretty even. It all came to an end when Venis was tagged back in and Al Snow and Christian were fighting on the outside of the ring. Venis NAILED the money shot on Tomko for the 3-Count.

Here are your winners: Val Venis and Al Snow!

-------------

JR: Finally King! Val Venis has scored some sort of redemption!

King: Look at that JR! Fair and Square!

-------------

The Christy Hemme Challenge?

After the ring is cleared Christy Hemme music hits and the crowd cheers, mostly the men cheer, and we all know why their cheering. She enters the ring and grabs a micrphone.

Christy Hemme: How’s everybody doing tonight?! Yeah! Since my…..loss….at Wrestlemania 21 I haven’t been very involved in well…anything. So I came up with idea, so my fans can see me EVERY WEEK! The Christy Hemme Challenge…it’s very simple. What it is, is 4 superstars, ANY 4 superstars will fight tonight, and the winner, will get me as their manager…it’s simple. I don’t know who the 4 wrestlers are…so basically the first 4 to come down to the ring right now…will participate in the Christy Hemme Challenge!

Christy waits and the camera cuts to a commercial.

------------------

Commercial Break

Up Next: The Christy Hemme Challenge

Still to come: Chris Benoit v. Triple H

------------------

The Christy Hemme Challenge: William Regal v. Muhammad Hassan v. Orlando Jordan v. Maven

When they return from the commercial break, Muhammad Hassan, the 4th wrestler to accept is just making his way to the ring. The match finally starts. Immediately Regal goes after Hassan, and Jordan and Maven start battling it out. William Regal has Hassan trapped in the corner and is pummeling away. Meanwhile Maven and Orlando Jordan are using the majority of the ring with irish whips and such. As the match went on Maven was sent over the top rope to the floor and Hassan and Jordan put a 2 on 1 on Regal. Orlando Jordan went up to the top rope and Daivari shook the rope sending Jordan to fall crotch first on the top turnbuckle. With Maven and Jordan down, Hassan hit the STO on Regal for the 3 count! Immediately after the match Hassan grabbed Christy by her hair and she screamed as Hassan and Daivari made their way up the ramp.

Here is your winner: Muhammad Hassan

---------------

King: Why couldn’t I be in that match JR! I wouldn’t mind having Christy’s services!

JR: I’m sure she would enjoy that more, let’s see how long this relationship can actually last!

----------------

Commercial Break

Still to come: Chris Benoit v. Triple H

----------------

Edge Fires Back at Chavo!

When they return from the break, Edge’s theme hits and the crowd boos. Edge makes his way to the ring with his briefcase and Lita. Edge gets intot he ring and grabs himself a microphone.

Edge: So last week I was trying to enjoy my night off, but somebody had to open their mouth…Chavo! C’mon little buddy, are you sure you know who I am? I’m not some cruiserweight from Smackdown! I’m MR. MONEY IN THE BANK! So you disagree with the relationship Lita and I have? Boo fricken hoo! You see Chavo, the problem is, you don’t know what it’s like being in love, so I sense some jealousy. It’s hard to find a woman for you…I understand, it’s hard to find a woman that doesn’t tower over you! Ha! The fact of the matter is this Chavo, don’t come out here and waste my time, I’ve got waaaay bigger fish to fry than you, got me?

”Ooo Chavo” hits and the crowd kind of cheers for Chavo. He comes onto the ramp with a microphone.

Chavo Guerrero: Listen up essa! You want to come out here and talk trash, let’s see if you can back dem’ words up homes….you and me, right now…I got a referee waiting right behind the curtain, I got the OK from JD Lane…whaddya say tough guy?

Edge: I suppose I can spare a couple minutes to SHUT YOU UP!

With that being said Chavo charges down to the ring with Jack Doan trailing behind him. He slides intot he ring and the match is underway.

Chavo Guerrero v. Edge

Chavo slides in and starts pummeling away on Edge before he can even get his jacket off. Chavo then dropkicks Edge sending him through the ropes to the floor. Out there, Lita helps Edge regain his composure and hands him the briefcase. Edge slides back into the ring and swings at Chavo, Chavo ducks. Jack Doan then runs to Edge and tries to grab the briefcase. Edge shoves Jack Doan away and then takes another swing at Chavo, this time he connects and Doan calls for the DQ! Edge continued to put the boots to Chavo until a herd of Officials attacked the ring and dragged him off.

Here is your winner by DQ: Chavo Guerrero

---------------

JR: Bah Gawd King! That was uncalled for! What a despicable act from Edge!

King: I’m sure Chavo is regretting he ever opened his mouth JR!

JR: This isn’t going to sit well with Chavo…Edge got away this time King…just wait!

---------------

Commercial Break:

Up Next: Carlito’s Cabana

Still to Come: Chris Benoit v. Triple H

---------------

Carlito’s Cabana

When they return from the break the set for Carlito’s Cabana is all set up and ready to go. Carlito’s music hits and crowd boos. Carlito comes from behind the curtain wearing Jericho’s Intercontinental Title that he stole last week on RAW. He gets into the ring and grabs a microphone.

Carlito: Welcome to the Cabana! Tonight is a very special night for the fans and Carlito, tonight my guest is more special than any guest to ever grace the set up Carlito’s Cabana. Tonight, my guest is the NEW intercontinental champion, that’s right, ME! Carlito! Since becoming the Intercontinental Champion I’ve received nothing but praise and fan mail from all of my fans…this past week has been very special for me, and Jericho, the only way you can get this belt back, is if you pry it from my hands!

Just then, pryos shoot off and Jericho’s theme hits, Jericho comes onto the ramp and makes his way to the ring as he is talking.

Y2J: Listen up Junior! You may have the belt, but you don’t own the belt. Everyone from here to timbuktu knows who the REAL Intercontinental Champion is…all the Jerichoholics around the world know who the real Intercontinental Champion is. That belt belongs to me, the Ayotollah of Rock and Rollah! Y2J, Chris Jerichoooo! So you better set that belt down, and get THE HELL out of the ring, before I have to beat you senseless to get it back!

Jericho climbs into the ring and stands face to face with Carlito. Carlito puts his hands in the air and is mouthing an apology to Jericho. Carlito takes a step back and removes the belt from his waist. He then holds it out to Jericho, but right as Jericho reaches to grab it, Carlito pulls back and then smashes Jericho right in the face with the title! Jericho is laid out!

Carlito: You as the Intercontinental Champion? That’s not cool! Me as the Intercontinental Champion? Now that’s cool!

Carlito drops the mic on Jericho and exits the ring area.

-------------

King: Carlito is convinced that he deserves that title JR!

JR: Carlito certainly isn’t making friends with Jericho, you can only bet that it will get worse for Carlito from here on out.

-------------

Can you say….Stipulation?

While the Caban set is getting cleaned up, the camera goes backstage into JD Lane’s office, he is sitting behind his desk.

JD Lane: With the RAW Supershow Extravaganza only a few weeks away, I figure we need more matches…so tonight, Chris Benoit versus Triple H, is going to have a little MORE on the line than just Pride. See, I’ve already booked Triple H v. Benoit at the Supershow, sooo, whoever wins tonight, will get to choose the stipulation for their matchup at the Supershow…ANY stipulation!

JD Lane smiles and the camera fades to a commercial.

--------------

Commercial Break

Up next: Chris Benoit v. Triple H

--------------

Chris Benoit v. Triple H

Triple H makes his entrance first to a mixed reaction from the crowd. Next Benoit came out to a standing ovation. Benoit got into the ring and stood nose to nose with Triple H. They stared at each other for quite a while until Triple H struck first. Triple H stayed on top for most of the match using his knee lift and knee smash where more than he had to. Chris Benoit mounted a comeback a ways into the match when he ducked a clothesline from Triple H and hit 3 consectutive German Suplex. Benoit went for the cover but only got a 2-count. Benoit stay on top simply out-wrestling Triple H with armbar takedowns and suplexes. Benoit went up to the top rope to try the Kamikaze Headbutt but of course, Triple H moved. Triple H then ended up setting Benoit up for the Pedigree, but Benoit reversed and took Triple H’s legs right out from under him and then locked on the Sharpshooter. Before HHH tapped he made his way to the ropes to break the hold. Benoit released the hold and HHH was slow to get up. Benoit then irish whipped HHH into the ropes and on the rebound caught him with the Crippler Crossface! Benoit held the hold for quite a while and Triple H looked like he was going nowhere. Triple H managed to loosen up his arm that was between Benoit’s legs and gave him a shot to the “area” with his elbow. Benoit immediately released the hold and rolled around on the mat, with the referee seeing none of it. Triple H lifted Benoit up to his feet and then NAILED him with the Pedigree and got the 3-Count!

Here is your Winner: Triple H!

With Benoit out cold in the ring Triple H grabbed a microphone and stood over him.

Triple H July 25th….I Quit Match!

Triple H throws the microphone down onto Benoit’s chest and exits the ring.

------------------

JR: Bah Gawd King! An I Quit Match?!

King: This is going to be huge JR!

JR: We’ll see you next week folks! BAH GAWD WHAT A NIGHT!

--------------------

The copyright fades into the corner and the camera goes off the air.

Raw Results

7-04-05

Gund Arena

Cleveland, Ohio

---------------

SEGMENT: JD Lane Announces "RAW Supershow Extravaganza" for Monday July 25th (85)

SEGMENT: La Resistance hospitalize Marty Janetty (68)

MATCH: Val Venis and Al Snow def. Tyson Tomko and Christian (69,66,73)

SEGMENT: Christy Hemme announces "The Christy Hemme Challenge" (70)

MATCH: Christy Hemme Challenge: Muhammad Hassan def. Orlando Jordan, William Regal, Maven (72,73,73)

SEGMENT: Edge and Chavo (76)

MATCH: Edge def. Chavo Guerrero (via Briefcase) (74,75,75)

SEGMENT: Carlito's Cabana - The Newest Coolest Intercontinental Champion (88)

SEGMENT: JD Lane says winner of Main Event picks Stipulation for the Supershow (76)

MATCH: Triple H def. Chris Benoit (81,84,75)

Edited by jason_daronlane

user posted image

Smackdow Preview for 7-7-05

This Thursday's Smackdown will be the last one leading to Mr. Quick's birthday extravaganza. We're expected to get more news on the show as well as see some great action this week.

The tag tournament continues as the final first round match, The Bashams vs. The Outsiders, takes place.

Also, the first second round match, Kane and RVD vs. Benjamin and Haas, will occur.

Also set will be a rematch of last week, Eddie Guerrero vs. Booker T.

And speaking of Booker, his guest on Sucka Free this week will be The Big Show. Last week saw Show and John Cena's match disrupted by the returning Brock Lesnar. What will Big Show have to say about Lesnar? Will Brock attack again?

Tune in to Smackdown for the answer to all these questions and many more!

Confirmed matches:

Bashams vs. Outsiders (first round tag tournament match)

Kane and RVD vs. WGTT (second round tag tournament match)

Booker T vs. Eddie Guerrero

user posted image

Smackdown Results for 7-7-05

Smackdown opens with Booker T and The Big Show in the Sucka Free set.

Segment 1: Sucka Free

Booker: Welcome to another edition of Sucka Free. Tonight we have the biggest athlete in sports, The Big Show. Show, last week Brock Lesnar interrupted your match with John Cena...

Show: That’s why I’m out here. Brock, get out here right now!

Instead, Mr. Quick’s music hits and he comes out from the back.

Segment 2: News on the birthday bash

Quick: Show, Brock isn’t even here tonight, but I do have a way for you to face him. You see, next week at my birthday show we’ll have a World title match. The champ, John Cena, against you, The Big Show. And either way, Brock Lesnar faces the champ at The Great American Bash. Also, thanks to all of you, that signing I talked about last week WILL be here on Smackdown next week. But wait, I have one more announcement for next week, there will be a 10-man cruiserweight battle royale next week for #1 contendership of the cruiserweight title. And as a slight preview to that match, next up is a cruiserweight 3 on 3 match.

We go to commercial and come back ready for that match.

Segment 3: Akio, Kidman, and Kazarian vs. London, Mysterio, and Scotty 2 Hotty

A spotfest as expected. Mysterio, Scotty, and Akio were pretty much taken out of the match when Akio hit a plancha on the other two. London was left all alone and Kidman and Kazarian used their advantage as much as they could. The end came when Kidman had the ref distracted and Kazarian knocked out London with a chair shot for the three count.

Winners: Akio, Kidman, and Kazarian by pin

Segment 4: Open challenge for US title

After a commercial break we come back to the US champ, Rhyno, in the ring.

Rhyno: Since I need to put my belt on the line next week I decided to give anyone backstage a chance at it. First come first serve.

Kurt Angle’s music hits and the Olympic gold medallist walks out to the ramp.

Angle: Well, since I’m everyone’s American Hero I guess it’d only be fitting if I was the US champ. So next week, me-and-you big boy.

Segment 5: Interview with The Bashams

We cut to the backstage where Josh Matthews is with The Bashams.

Matthews: ...

Danny: Wait, before you ask us anything we want to introduce our new manager. He’ll answer any of your questions.

The Bashams step aside to reveal...Paul Heyman! As expected, he gets a huge pop.

Matthews: Uh, Uh...why did you become the manager of The Bashams?

Heyman: Isn’t it obvious? This is the best up-and-coming team in the WWE. All they needed was a manager like me to take the next step.

Matthews: Up next you have to face arguably the best team in the WWE, The Outsiders. How do you plan on beating such an experienced team?

Heyman: The same way these guys beat any team. The right way. I may be their manager but I’m not going to interfere in their matches like other managers do. These guys win fair-and-square.

The Bashams and Heyman head toward the ring for the last first round match of the tag tournament.

Segment 6: The Bashmas vs. The Outsiders (first round tag tournament)

A slow-paced, evenly fought match. The Outsiders began to take the advantage and Kevin Nash had Danny set for a Jack-Knife but Heyman gets up on the apron and distracts Nash towards the outside. Doug sneaks in and hits a Leg Lariat before taking Hall to the outside. Danny makes the pin for the three and the win.

Winners: The Bashams by pin

Segment 7: Interview with Eddie Guerrero

We head backstage where Josh Matthews is now with Eddie Guerrero.

Matthews: Eddie, you won the first meeting between you and Booker however you agreed to a rematch. Why did you agree to the rematch?

Guerrero: Because, Booker kept whining that I cheated, that I don’t play fair homes. Well, I decided to prove that I’m better than him again. And this time, essay, I’ll beat him so bad that there won’t be another rematch.

Eddie storms off for his match which is up next.

Segment 8: Eddie Guerrero vs. Booker T

A great match. Both men hit their finishers but weren’t able to get the three count. The match goes on for nearly twenty minutes before Guerrero hits the Three Amigos. He heads up top for a Frog Splash which he hits. However, when Guerrero hits it, Booker uses Eddie’s momentum for a small package pin for the three.

Winner: Booker T by pin

Segment 9: Hype video

The hype video for the new signing is shown and then we come back for tonight’s main event, the first second round match of the tournament, Kane and RVD against WGTT.

Segment 10: Kane and RVD vs. WGTT (second round tag tournament)

An incredible match highlighted by a somersault plancha from Van Dam on both opponents. Kane appeared to have both men set for a double chokeslam but WGTT were able to fight out of it and hit their double team move (little help on the name?). Benjamin went for the pin but Van Dam broke it up. Benjamin then took Van Dam to the outside with a clothesline. With the ref’s attention turned towards the outside, Haas locked in the Haas of Pain and Kane began tapping. However, before the ref turned around, the Undertaker came down to the ring and grabbed Haas around the throat. Taker lifts Haas up and drops him with a chokeslam. Taker slips back out of the ring and Kane crawls over to make the pin just in time for the ref to turn and make the three count.

Winners: Kane and RVD by pin

Quick Results:

Akio, Kidman, and Kazarian d. London, Mysterio, and Scotty 2 Hotty

The Bashams d. The Outsiders

Booker T d. Eddie Guerrero

Kane and RVD d. WGTT

Velocity Results for 7-9-05

Velocity opens with Spike Dudley and Funaki in the ring. Announcer Michael Cole informs us that it’s for a spot in the cruiserweight battle royale on Smackdown.

Segment 1: Spike Dudley vs. Funaki

Funaki carries a good opening match. A dive off the top rope to the outside by Funaki got a good pop from the crowd. Funaki eventually gets Spike to tap to an unidentified Japanese submission move by Funaki.

Winner: Funaki by submission

Segment 2: Interview with Lenny and Lodi

We head to the back where Josh Matthews has Lenny and Lodi.

Matthews: On Smackdown you two have a second round match against The Bashams. And next up Lenny, you have a match against Danny. How do you plan on defeating such a much larger team?

Lenny: We don’t worry about size. We worry about numbers. And with their new manager, Paul Heyman, they’re on the right side of a 3 to 2 advantage. They say they fight the right way but I bet The Outsiders would beg to differ with that. We, on the other hand, do fight fair. And I’m going to go prove that right now.

Lenny and Lodi walk off as we go to the ring.

Segment 3: Lenny vs. Danny Basham

A great match. With interference all around. At one point, Lenny hit an amazing plancha on both Bashams and Heyman. The Bashams were able to get momentum back by using the numbers game and Danny ended it with the Brain Damage for three. After the match a brawl ensues between both teams with Heyman directing traffic.

Winner: Danny Basham by pin

Segment 4: Hype video

The hype video for the new signing is shown and after it we go backstage where Josh Matthews is with The Big Show.

Segment 5: Interview with Big Show

Matthews: Show, next up you’ll face Rosey AND The Hurricane. Why would you agree to such a match?

Show: Ha, agree? Man, I asked for this match. If I plan on beating John Cena next week and then Brock Lesnar at The Great American Bash I need to warm up. And who better than some teenage comic book hero and a fat sack of...

Matthews: OK, thanks Show. You better get out there for your match.

With he Big Show now firmly a heel, we head to the ring.

Segment 6: Big Show vs. The Hurricane and Rosey

A slow moving match with Hurricane going for some high-flying moves to speed things up but Show would always catch him and drop him with a slam. Main highlight was a reversed double suplex from Justice league met with a double suplex by Show. Show appeared to have both men set for a Chokeslam when Brock Lesnar appeared. Show merely hit a big boot on Brock and then dropped both of his opponents and pinned both for the win. After the match, Lesnar and Show brawled. Velocity fades off air with the action spilling to the crowd.

Winner: The Big Show via pin

user posted image

Heat Results

July 10th, 2005

William Regal v. Chris Masters

An OK match as Masters is slowly getting better in the ring. William Regal picked up the win by DQ. Regal was giving Masters a run for his money so masters resorted to a steel chair. After being DQ'ed and knocking out Regal, Masters then locked on the Masterlock and it took quite a few officials to break it up.

Here is your winner by disqualification: William Regal

Pre-Match Interview: Deuce Shade

Maria: Hey Deuce, can I call you 2?

Deuce Shade: Umm, yeah...whatever you want sweetheart...

Maria: You're making me blush! Aaaanyway, tonight you have a match against Orlando Jordan, do you think he'll beat you?

Deuce Shade: Of course not! Orlando has been in the business a bit longer than me, but the fact of the matter is, he's to busy kissing JBL's butt, that's he's not going to know what hit him!

Deuce then points at the camera and winks at Maria and walks off.

Deuce Shade v. Orlando Jordan

Decent match, but the crowd wasn't digging it at all. Deuce had control for the most part but Orlando Jordan came up with the victory after reversing a somoan drop with a cruififix pin and grabbing the ropes for leverage. Jordan won by cheating and Deuce was irate!

Here is your winner: Orlando Jordan

HYPE VIDEO: Benoit...Triple H....I Quit Match

A video played from last monday showing Benoit v. Triple H and then HHH choosing an I Quit Match for the July 25th RAW Supershow.

HYPE VIDEO: Batista v. JBL for the World Heavyweight Title

A next a video played hyping the feud between JBL and Batista, promoting their match for the July 25th RAW Supershow.

PRE-MATCH INTERVIEW: Muhammad Hassan, Daivari, and Christy Hemme

The camera goes backstage with Hassan, Daivari, and Christy all in their dressing room. Chrisy looks less than thrilled.

Hassan: Daivari! Make her put this on! Christy, don't argue with me, you are wearing that to the ring! Daivari, I'm going ot fight my match, bring her out wearing that....or else!

Daivari leaves the dressing room and Daivari is holding up a traditional middle eastern outfit for a female.

Christy: Relax Daivari, I'll wear it...you know, Muhammad doesn't treat you very nicely...

Daivari just stands then and Christy rubs Diavari on the back and then the camera fades to the ring.

Muhammad Hassan v. Ken Anderson

Midway through the match, Daivari and Christy Hemme came out to the ring, with Christy wearing her outfit that Hassan demanded. In an OK match, Hassan beat Anderson with the STO and then left to go backstage, dragging Christy by her arm.

Here is your winner: Muhammad Hassan

Sunday Night Heat

July 10th

------------------

William Regal def. Chris Masters (DQ) (67,58,76)

PRE-MATCH INTERVIEW: Deuce Shade (38)

Orlando Jordan def. Deuce Shade (65,59,71)

HYPE VIDEO: I Quit Match (79)

HYPE VIDEO: World Championship (77)

PRE-MATCH INTERVIEW: Hassan/Daivari/Christy Hemme (68)

Muhammad Hassan def. Ken Anderson (55,56,53)

• 1 year later...