IWA: New England

Yitzy

6/1 - New IWA Promotion to be based in New England

Today, it was announced that another promotion will be added to the IWA family. This one being based out of New England (Vermont to be exact) and it will be owned by former New England/North East independant referee, Earl Bernstein.

IWA: New England will join IWA: Mid-South (based out of Indiana) and IWA: East Coast (out of West Virginia) and the recently formed IWA: California.

"IWA-NE will not only showcase the great talent out of New England," says Bernstein, "But also the great talent around the northeast as well. Not to mention, with the IWA relationship, be sure to look for wrestlers from the Mid South region as well."

IWA-MS Owner and member of the IWA Board of Directors, Ian Rotten said, "Having an IWA affiliate in the New England/Northeast region will help with the overall growth of the IWA in general thanks to all the great talent up there."

IWA-NE's first show's date is yet to be determined, but keep checking iwanewengland.com for more info.

-nei.vze.com

Guest Keeping it Country

Or IWA (which ever was in Japan). I always thought that IWA:PR & IWA:MS had as much in common with each other as apples & oranges.

Anyway, as for the diary. So far I like the concept and will be waiting patiently for the roster and shows.

Well I'll defentally check this out. I look at everything that's not WWE or TNA on these boards, mainly because that stuff bores me. Anyways, this looks like a good start, something that really hasn't been done before. Hopefully you don't use just established stars, I'd like some known guys and unknown guys in the tournament. I think that you know what your doing though, so I'm not really worried. Good Luck man, I'll be reading.

OOC: As Fitzy said, IWA-MS, IWA-PR and IWA-Japan have nothing in common with eachother. IWA-MS is the Independant Wrestling Association, while IWA-PR is the International Wrestling Association. I belive Japan is also International, and I think I remember reading that Japan and Puerto Rico have nothing in common. Also, there's another IWA in Reading, PA (As seen in Chikara's TWGP) but that's different too.

The only other Independant Wrestling Association fed (in real life) is IWA: East Coast.

First wrestlers announced for TLC Tag Match and Tournament Announced!

At The Beginning on June 11th, a 4-way TLC match will be taking place for the IWA New England Tag Team Titles and two teams have already been announced.

First, from 'Straight Outta Philly,' CZW's CKNY (Cory Kastle and Niles Young) they are trying to make a name for themselves, and they figure that there's no other way then to become the first ever IWA-NE Tag Team Champions.

The second team, although young, are "veterans" of the independant tag circuit. Wrestling all over the northeast and then some. They are the Ring Crew Express (Dunn and Marcos). To all the fans who have not seen The Ring Crew Express before, they'll be sure to "Rock You Like A Hurricane."

Also at The Beginning an eight man tournament for the IWA-NE Heavyweight Title will be happening. We already know four of the eight competitors.

First, we have a wrestler who is a veteran of the New England independant scene, and was trained by Killer Kowalski, He is the "Deranged Freak" Ron Zombie Ron said that at The Beginning he's bringing the blood and the barbed wire!

Second, We have "The King Of Diamonds" Eddie Kingston who has wrestled in promotions such as IWA: Mid South and Chikara. He told me that he "garuentees" that he will win the gold.

Third, former RoH Pure Champion, "Hurricane" John Walters! John has wrestled for promotions such as RoH, and Chaotic Wrestling and even has had matches on WWE television!

And the final wrestler announced, former ECW "Extreme Referee" and one-half of the Carnage Crew, HC Loc. In addition to wrestling in ECW he also has wrestled in RoH and JAPW.

All this and more to come! 

Be sure to check out The Beginning live at the Bernstein Hall, Saturday June 11th

• 2 weeks later...

OH CANADA!

Two wrestlers from the land up north will be featured in our title tournament at, The Beginning.

First from the IWS and former MWF National Champion we have Fred La Merveille ! The only words that Fred gave us at this time was some crazy babble in French

The second wrestler from Canada is none other than Canadian funny man, Beef Wellington. Beef has wrestled in promotions such as CZW and JAPW in the states and IWS in his home country. Where ever Beef goes, people are sure to be entertained.

Edited by Yitzy

<center>IWA: NEW ENGLAND PRESENTS:

THE BEGINNING

IWA: New England's Debut Show

Featuring:

THE IWA-NE HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE TOURNAMENT!

1st Round Matches:

"KING OF DIAMONDS" EDDIE KINGSTON vs. BEEF WELLINGTON

"HURRICANE" JOHN WALTERS vs. "SPYDER" NATE WEBB

FRED LA MERVEILLE vs. HC LOC

RON ZOMBIE vs. ???

4-WAY TLC MATCH FOR THE IWA-NE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS:

CKNY vs. THE POWER COMPANY (w/Dewey "The Dew" Donovan) vs. PERFECT STRANGERS vs. RING CREW EXPRESS

LIVE AT THE NEW BERNSTEIN HALL IN SOUTH BURLINGTON ON JUNE 11TH!</center>

Edited by Yitzy

If this is a New England promotion, I sure hope some of our boys get some face time. Cmon now...a Canadian for the first IWA-NE champ? No way! At least Eddie Kingston is from a New England border state. ;)

I hope for the possible intro of Connecticut regulars like Slyk Wagner Brown, Matt Striker, Anthony Michaels, or J-Busta at some point. That'd be pissah.

• 4 weeks later...

IWA: NEW ENGLAND: THE BEGINNING (LIVE REPORT)

So here we are at the old K...er... Bernstein Hall (named after the owner of IWA-NE) in South Burlington, Vermont. It seems they are changing this old K-Mart into more of a wrestling arena. They already started work on an upper balcony. This is IWA: New England's debut show and the card looks stacked so far. At around 8:05 PM EST, the lights dim and AFI's Miseria Cantare (The Beginning) begins to play. IS CM PUNK COMING TO IWA-NE!!!!! Oh wait, it's just the ring announcer, I guess they just used that because it's called The Beginning, like the event name. Anyway, the ring announcer runs down the rules for IWA-NE events, and then introduces Eddie Kingston as Jack of Speed by Steely Dan begins to play. Kingston gets in the ring and grabs the mic from the ring announcer. Kingston says that he has to wrestle in CZW next week and Chikara tomorrow, and he says he has no idea why he's "wrestling some clown in an old shitty K-Mart in front of some Vermont rednecks." He says that he's seen better girls at transvestite night at the strip club. Wait... would that even make them girls? And why the hell does Eddie Kingston go to tranny night at the strip club? Kingston goes on to say "Actually, you know what, I'm not even going to wrestle tonight." Hangin' Tough by the New Kids on the Block hits and Beef Wellington comes to the ring, and at this point, I can tell that the crowd is split in two groups of people, the internet smark indy fans and the casual WWE fans who are just here because it's wrestling. Beef grabs the mic and says that "Vince Russo booked us together in this Alaskan Death Match for WWECWCWWFAWANWA North Coast Title, at WrestleMania 500 and by god, they're going to do it!" Kingston looks perplexed at Beef, before grabbing the mic from him and saying, "Listen to me! I only wrestle, you know, wrestlers, not faggot comedians named after food." He drops the mic and begins to leave the ring, until Beef says "You know, I always heard the men from Yonkers get PMS this time of year." Kingston, stops looks at Beef and yells "YOU NEVER MAKE FUN OF YONKERS! RING THAT DAMN BELL!" And finally the match starts.

BEEF WELLINGTON vs. 'THE KING OF DIAMONDS' EDDIE KINGSTON

This match was nothing special in particular besides a few comedy spots, and Beef missing the Ass Punch every time he tried for it. One of the comedy spots had Beef hitting the Bionic Elbow, covers for the pin, Kingston kicks out at one, and Beef shouts "Hey, it worked for Dusty Rhodes!" And also there was the RoShamBo contest with Manhattan drops. That lasted for quite a bit actually, till Kingston finally hit one and gave Beef one of the stiffest kicks to the face I have ever seen in my life. Kingston dropped immediately after that holding his groin. The finish had Kingston having Beef in a Full Nelson, Beef gets one arm out and tries to elbow Kingston, but Kingston moves and the elbow goes straight into the ref as we get the first REF BUMP EVER in IWA-NE history. Beef follows up with a kick to the groin to get Kingston down and he's in the infamous position for the ASS PUNCH! Off the second turnbuckle! AND HE HITS IT!!!! And Beef follows it up with an E. COLI DRIVER!!! Pinfall attempt, but the ref is out! Beef goes to get the ref up, Kingston starts getting up, but he realizes what's going on so he quickly lies back down again. Beef finally gets the ref up and goes over to Kingston, but Kingston rolls Beef up with a schoolboy and he's pulling the tights!!! Ref makes the count 1-2-3! Kingston is moving on!

Winner: Eddie Kingston

'SPYDER' NATE WEBB vs. 'HURRICANE' JOHN WALTERS

Nate Webb has one of his great long entrances going through the crowd and climaxing in a giant wave at the end and this makes Webb the fan favorite among the casual fans. The whole "story" to the match is that Webb and Walters have the same finisher (Soylent Green and Hurricane DDT which both are a Canadian Backbreaker to DDT) so whoever hits that first would win. Lots of clowning around by Webb, but Walters was in control for the majority of the match. Although Webb did lock Walters in some crazy submission move midway through the match. The end saw Nate Webb almost hit The Soylent Green (is people) from out of nowhere, but Walters got out of it and hit the Hurricane DDT to which Walters yelled "IS PEOPLE!" meaning that he didn't hit the Hurricane DDT at all and in fact hit the Soylent Green. But whatever it was, it got the three count and Walters will be moving on.

Winner: John Walters

FRED LA MERVEILLE vs. HC LOC

Fred comes to the ring waving a Quebec flag and shouting at the crowd in French, they are obviously Anti-American things because he ends it with "DE USA SUCKS!" High Rate Extinction by Crowbar hits and out comes HC Loc and the entire crowd goes nuts! This match was more or less a squash. With HC Loc just going to work on Fred, busting him open early in the match, Fred tries to escape the beating by rolling out to the outside but HC Loc follows and in fact throwing him through the first four rows of chairs! HC Loc picks him up off the ground and throws him head first into the ring post which made a horrible "thud" noise, he rolled him back into the ring and covered for the easy three count.

While HC Loc was going back to the locker room, Marc Le Grizzly came out (to no reaction at all) and tried to beat up HC Loc, but HC Loc just shrugged them off, before hitting a DDT on the floor.

Winner: HC Loc

RON ZOMBIE vs. ???

Scum of the Earth by Rob Zombie played and out came Ron Zombie complete with a trashcan of various items such as lighttubes, barbed wire, street signs and more. Zombie took the mic and said that he didn't care who he was facing, but whoever it was he was ready with his arsenal. Actually, a deathmatch between Ron Zombie and the IWS' The Arsenal would rock. But all of a sudden, BREAK IT DOWN AGAIN BY TEARS FOR FEARS HITS AND COULD IT BE MIKE QUACKENBUSH!? HOLY SHIT! IT IS MIKE QUACKENBUSH! MIKE QUACKENBUSH IS IN IWA-NE! The smark crowd is going nuts and chanting "Quack" over and over again, while the casual crowd just kinda sits there. Quack picks up the trash can and throws it out of the ring, grabs the mic and says that this is a wrestling show, not a "hit-your-opponent-with-random-items show" DIVE IN THE BUNKERS KIDS BECAUSE SOMEBODY IS SHOOTIN'! They ring the bell and this match is underway.

The whole "story" of this match is that Quack is a great "lucharesu-style" wrestler, while Ron Zombie is a "hardcore-style" wrestler and can't even spell "submission" much less lock one on. So Quack has control of most of the match, clearly out wrestling Zombie, and Zombie keeps trying to get out of the ring so he can get one of his weapons that are now scattered on the ground. Eventually, Zombie counters Quack's mad skillz (with a Z) and with shades of Kriss Sprules, he locks on a very sloppy Sharpshooter. Zombie lets go of the hold and runs to the outside to pick up the trashcan but Quack counters with a baseball slide into the trashcan and Zombie's face! Quack throws Zombie back in the ring and locks on the LIGHTNING LOCK! AND ZOMBIE TAPS! Quack somehow got a decent match out of Ron Zombie.

Winner: Mike Quackenbush

INTERMISSION: During intermission, Beef was at his merchandise stand so I talked to him for a bit he's a pretty cool guy and he convinced me to buy a Beef Wellington T-Shirt. I also met the announcer for IWA-NE, Mike Stevens (They are doing the IWA-MS thing and having random wrestlers join him on commentary). The ring announcer tells us that Round 2 and the Finals of the title tournament will be coming after the intermission plus the Fatal Fourway Tag Team TLC Title Match.

JOHN WALTERS vs. EDDIE KINGSTON

Kingston comes out and gets HEAT! He yells at some fans before getting in the ring. In this match Kingston's cowardly heelness comes out, running to the outside any time Walters tries to lock a submission on him or attempting a German Suplex and such. Kingston was also hitting some STIFF Strong Style kicks on Walters that I have never seen him do before. The finish came when Kingston hit a YAKUZA KICK~! on Walters, but Kingston did the heel thing and decided to yell at the fans instead of covering and announcers all over the world are busting a nut over it, this allows Walters to lock in the Sharpshooter and Kingston taps.

Winner: John Walters

MIKE QUACKENBUSH vs. HC LOC

Both Quack and HC Loc get quite big pops on their entrance. And this is a good time to mention that Quack has only won one tournament in his entire wrestling career (CZW's BOTB 5) out of, like, 782. Despite an obvious styles clash, Quack carried HC Loc to a pretty good match. The crowd was split, and thus we got dueling chants. Quack sold an HC Loc lariat as if God himself came down and gave Quack a lariat. The finish came when both men were on the top rope, HC Loc signaled for a Sunset Flip Powerbomb! But NO! Quack counters it, he turns around AND HITS A QUACKENDRIVER FROM THE TOP ROPE! HOLY SHIT! 1-2-3! QUACK IS MOVING TO THE FINALS AGAINST JOHN WALTERS!

Winner: Mike Quackenbush

TLC MATCH FOR THE IWA-NE TAG TEAM TITLES: PERFECT STRANGERS (Trik Davis & Emil Sitoci) vs. CKNY (Cory Kastle & Niles Young) vs. THE POWER COMPANY W/ DEWEY "THE DEW DONOVAN (Dean & Dave Powers) vs. THE RING CREW EXPRESS (Marcos & Dunn)

Perfect Strangers came out to the Perfect Strangers TV Theme to almost no pop, except me, who was cheering Trik. Next came CKNY, with no pop as well. Then came The Power Company who got a smattering of boos. Now the Power Company as they are these two big bald guys I've actually seen them before on some Classic Wrestling TV show, they wrestled in the mid-90s and sadly, they had mullets then but they were the type of tag team that squashed other tag teams so I have no idea how they'll do in a spotty TLC match. Finally, the Ring Crew Express came out to the biggest pop (Both Marcos and Dunn have wrestled in Vermont and New York State).

This match was one big spot fest so I'll recap the big spots.

-Dunn tries climbing the ladder but Cory Kastle missile dropkicks the ladder and the result is the ladder falling backwards but Dunn falling forward... the result wasn't pretty.

-Marcos and one of the Powers They are identical twins so we'll call this one Dean) are on the top rope and there is another ladder laying across the second rope in the corner, Dean counters Marcos' move and POWERBOMBS MARCOS FROM THE TOP ROPE THROUGH A TABLE ON THE OUTSIDE! Paramedics rush over to Marcos and it seems that he's done for the night.

-Niles Young is climbing the ladder but Emil Sitoci pushes the ladder down so Young lands RIBS FIRST on that ladder lying across the second rope in the corner. Young rolls out of the ring after.

-Everyone (except Young and Marcos) are on the outside of the ring, until Dave Powers hits a suicide dive between the 2nd and 3rd rope, taking out everyone.

-Niles Young finally gets to his feet (albeit holding his ribs) and gets a chair of some sort after a few weak shots to Dunn, Dunn takes the chair from him and throws it to the ground and then gives Young A MOTHERFUCKING BURNING HAMMER ONTO THE CHAIR!

-After the Burning Hammer, Dunn gets back in the ring with the chair and tries to hit Dave Powers with it. But Dean Powers comes out of nowhere and steals the chair from Dunn, and gives him the hardest chair shot I have ever seen to the head. Dean picks up Dunn and proceeds to give him a vicious LARIATOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~! That possibly sent Dunn's head to Maine.

-An already busted open Trik Davis gave Cory Kastle a Tornado Unprettier onto a ladder lying on the ground. This leaves only Perfect Strangers and The Power Company standing which brings us to our finish...

-Dave Powers gave Trik a Powerslam from the ring apron to the concrete floor, meanwhile, Emil Sitoci and Dean are brawling on the top rope, until Sitoci gets the upperhand and GIVES DEAN A TREMENDOSITY FROM THE TOP ROPE! Emil begins climbing the ladder and it looks like Perfect Strangers are going to win this! But NO! The Dew comes and knocks over the ladder, sending Sitoci through a table at ringside! The Dew sets the ladder back up and in comes Dave Powers who climbed the rope to get the titles!

After the match, Trik Davis was on the apron, Dave Powers picked the ladder up and swung the ladder like a golf club into Trik Davis' face! That caused a chorus of boos.

One by one, the teams got up to a standing ovation.

Winner (And IWA-NE Tag Team Champions): The Power Company

IWA-NE HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH: MIKE QUACKENBUSH vs. JOHN WALTERS

It seemed that New England boy, John Walters was the favorite to win. Throughout the whole match they were pretty much even. Neither hit any big moves throughout the match and any submission move was countered or the other person came back with a submission move. This was one of the only matches in the tournament where both wrestlers were evenly matched. The finish came when Quack was about to hit the Quackendriver, but Walters got out of it and hit a German Suplex, Walters doesn't release and hits another German Suplex, tries for the third but NO! Quack with elbows to the face, Walters ducks the last elbow and Quack spins around via momentum and WALTERS HITS THE HURRICANE DDT! 1-2-3! WALTERS IS THE CHAMP! This was by far match of the night.

After the match Quack offered his congrats with a handshake.

Winner (and IWA-NE Heavyweight Champion): John Walters

The ring announcer thanks us for coming and says that this show, along with all other IWA Promotion DVDs, will be sold on SMV. He also shilled the IWANewengland.com site.

I would pick this show up, if only for the Quack/Walters and to see the warzone of a match that the TLC match is and if you are a fan of any of the other wrestlers this is worth the $20.

OOC: I realize that the results are kinda short, but that's the way I do things, I always try long results but I always get burned out too soon and I realize that this was posted a month after I started the diary, but I left for a week and I had some other stuff I needed to take care of. The main point is that it's up... so there :shifty:

Edited by Yitzy

IWA WORLD TITLE TOURNAMENT ANNOUNCED

The four owners of the four IWA promotions reached an agreement today concerning an IWA World Title. "As soon as the IWA had four banner promotions," IWA: California owner, American Wild Child, said "The idea had been floating around ever since the start." And now finally, they figured out how it would work. "It would work much like the old NWA World Title did," IWA: Mid-South Owner, Ian Rotten, explained, "In addition to each territories own title belts, there will be one big IWA World Champion who will defend his IWA Title in each of the 4 promotions and they will represent the IWA in events not sanctioned by the IWA."

"The first champion will be decided in a 16-man tournament on July 9th at the center of independent wrestling, the Old ECW Arena, Viking Hall, the New Alhambra Hall, whatever you want to call it." Rotten explains.

The wrestlers in the tournament will be decided by the promotion themselves, however, each main champion for each promotion is already in. "Each promotion will have four wrestlers in the tournament, the champion, and we pick the rest by anyway we want." IWA: New England owner, Earl Bernstein said.

The four wrestlers already in the tournament are Chris Hero (IWA-EC Champion), John Walters (IWA-NE Champion), Jimmy Jacobs (IWA-MS Champion) and Scorpio Sky (IWA-CA Champion).

Two other picks were announced during the meeting as well, "Necro Butcher won the King of the Deathmatch Tournament this year, so as a reward, he will be in Philadelphia." announced Ian Rotten.

The other pick caused some controversy, "I told everyone that my first pick for IWA: East Coast would be none other than me," IWA: East Coast owner, Mad Man Pondo, said, "I don't see why I can't be in the tournament, we didn't make any rules against it, so I too will be in Philadelphia."

The other picks will be announced soon

IndependentWrestling.com - IWA's main website

Edited by Yitzy

IWA WORLD TITLE TOURNAMENT: QUICK RESULTS

Samoa Joe def. Charles Mercury in an absolute squash

Chris Bosh def. Dunn by grabbing the tights in a school boy

Chris Hero def. Joey Ryan

Scorpio Sky def. Mickie Knuckles

Mad Man Pondo def. HC Loc

Necro Butcher def. Eddie Kingston by count-out

John Walters def. El Drunko

Jimmy Jacobs def. Danny Daniels

Samoa Joe def. Chris Bosh in another squash

Chris Hero def. Scorpio Sky

Necro Butcher def. Mad Man Pondo

Jimmy Jacobs def. John Walters

Samoa Joe def. Chris Hero

Necro Butcher def. Jimmy Jacobs

Samoa Joe def. Necro Butcher to become the first ever IWA World Champion in a match as stiff as their last match in Philadelphia.

"BRING BACK BEEF! BRING BACK BEEF! BRING BACK BEEF!"

Ahem. Good shows, and I like the somewhat unpredictable booking. I think things will work better now that the title situation is dealt with. Sad to see the IWS boys lose.

PUSH QUEBEC DAG NABIT :shifty:

It's Showtime!

It's indeed Showtime! Live at the Bernstein Hall, Saturday, July 23rd.

In the IWA-NE Title Tournament, after HC Loc defeated Fred La Merveille Quebec wrestling legend, Marc Le Grizzly attempted to attack HC Loc after the match, however, his attempt was met with a DDT. At Showtime! Marc will meet HC Loc in the ring, one-on-one, however, Fred could be lurking at any moment.

After the brutal TLC Tag Team Match at The Beginning, Trik Davis suffered a major head injury at the hands of Dave Powers. Trik and his teammate, Emil Sitoci were supposed to face in a match for the belts, however, doctors would not clear Trik to wrestle, so as a result, it will be Emil Sitoci vs. Dave Powers at ShowTime!

In a match for the IWA-NE Heavyweight title, Champion 'Hurricane' John Walters will take on RoH Trainee Davey 'Da Animal' Andrews in a match for the heavyweight title. Andrews got the shot after winning a match in our Champlain Valley Exposition exhibit.

IWA-NE is proud to report that IWA World Champion, Samoa Joe, will be coming to Vermont to defend his IWA World Title at Lakeside Mayhem in August. Commissioner Smoothe will be announcing who will get that shot at ShowTime!

Lakeside Mayhem is a special outside day show, at the waterfront in Burlington. More information on this show will come later, stay tuned to IWANewEngland.com in the coming weeks for more information.

Also at ShowTime!: Eddie Kingston, Nate Webb, Beef Wellington, The Outcast Killas, CKNY, The Ring Crew Express and more!

See ShowTime, Saturday, July 23rd at the Bernstein Hall. Doors open at 6:30, Show starts at 7:00.