USA soccer fans

9 to 5

What channels do you use to watch the game? Doesn't matter what league really (English preferred). A friend of mine wants to get into the game but without coverage it will be hard for her to do so.

There are a few upcoming World Cup qulifier games for the US Mens team, the next one is Wednesday June 8 but it wont be on till 1 am on Espn 2, kinda sucks but I will still probaly watch it since school will be out. Here are pretty much the rest of there games for the rest of the summer mostly qualifier and a friendly if you care if you care: US Mens Schedule

Edited by Green Demon

I would love to have that channel.

Same here. Argentinian football (or should I say Futbol?) and Brazilian football are hard to come by, only rarely is there a game or highlights, its a shame. Altho I think they still do show Argentinian football at something like 4am.

Like said before, Fox Soccer Channel and Gol TV cover soccer most of the day. ESPN does some rare soccer. And not to mention the Regional FSN channels that have occasional MLS games. MLS Direct Kick and English Premiership have DirecTV packages where you see all the games legally alloted to your address.

I would love to have that channel.

Same here. Argentinian football (or should I say Futbol?) and Brazilian football are hard to come by, only rarely is there a game or highlights, its a shame. Altho I think they still do show Argentinian football at something like 4am.

South American football is always on Channel 5 at about 3-4am. tongue.gif

It was on Channel 4 last night too.

Is it? Damn, I thought they stopped showing it. I was looking for it in the tv guide the other day. They also used to show Argentinian football on one of the sky channels, one of the betting ones.

Yeah the Espns and ABC play all of the US games and Spanish channel plays the Mexican games. They threw in some other games I think also.

Edit: Anyone see yesterdays qualifier against Costa Rica. It was a pretty close game and Keller had some great saves in the secound half. Donavon has been playing really well in the qualfiers with 11 points in 12 games with 2 goals yesterday.

Edited by Green Demon

Guest TheTokenWhiteGuy

The only channels I've seen soccer games on are, ESPN 1 and 2, and I think superstaion once.

Have any of you seen any games of the MISL (Major Indoor Soccer League)? It's exciting but pretty much the equivelent of arena football and such.

Yeah I used to go to lots of the Cleveland Force game when I was younger and they were winning championships but I really havent watched it recently. I did see the Finals on Espn 2 though since Cleveland was competing, altough they may have to fold after this year.

Guest TheTokenWhiteGuy

I saw the finals as well, I think it's pretty exciting, and I can see that easily beiging more popular than "real" soccer in America, because of the high scoring. I still prefer "regular" soccer by a long shot though. But I wouldn't mind playing Indoor soccer, less running :P

I say it is probably on the down side now and it was at it peak back in the late 90's atleast here in Cleveland that how it was. As soon as the change over from the old NPSL to MISL the league began to crumble seemly from finacial troubles. It reach its peak at cult level status and as of now I think that is going to likely be as far as it makes it, even though I do like it.