Alice in Chains

himmelfarht

I think you can't beat "Dirt" when it comes to thier albums, personally. "Facelift" is a little bland, and "Alice In Chains" is a good, but lacking a little something that "Dirt" has, which I can't put my finger on.

Although I love "Nirvana:Unplugged", I'd probably say AIC Unplugged is better, personally.

I have Lauryn Hill, Jay-Z with the Roots Band, Alice in Chains and Nirvana Unplugged. And I enjoy them in that order. The Nirvana one is strange, because, bar All Apologies, they're (especially Cobain's voice) better playing other people's songs.

Thats probably why I like the Nirvana one quite a lot, because although he doesn't choose many great Nirvana songs IMO, he does a great job of every cover he does on that CD.

Guest seattlebandfan9

Alice In Chains is one of the greatest and one of my favorite bands of all time.

They are so dark and haunting and mysterious all at the same time. Awesome vocals and riffs. Layne Staley had a voice that could stand on its own and power to match it. Jerry Cantrell is a riff machine. The music isn't completely complex but its rock n roll the way it was meant to be. The band could literally do anything they wanted and I'm pretty sure it would turn out amazing. They changed their sound from album to album. Jar of Flies is probably my second or third favorite record of all time.

This band started strong and ended strong. When the band got together to do "Get Born Again" in 2000 only proved they still had it, and there was a possiblitly of some sort of reunion tour which could have only been a dream come true for me. (I am to young to have actually seen them live when they were touring.) But of course Layne Staley's death put a complete stop to that train.

They left us with some of the best music ever written. Period.