The Top 30 Greatest Punk Songs

Pander Opiate

For some reason every other week I seem to be saying "this is the dumbest list I have ever seen in my life."

And yeah. This is one of the dumbest lists I have ever seen in my life. "Basket Case" is a good song but no way does it deserve to be anywhere near the top spot. Jimmy Eat World, the Prodigy and At the Drive-In are not punk rock in any way, shape, or form (I mean, Nirvana is at least heavily inspired by punk, even if they shouldn't be here either). And "American Idiot" is an awful, awful song. Christ.

Ok enough Green Day bashing. Actually, enough Tre Cool bashing.

As a huge Green Day fan I can say they don't belong in the top spot. Top 10, maybe but not with Basketcase. Same with Alkaline Trio, love them, love Private Eye but its not their most "punk" song.

Secondly, Tre is one of the best drummers in Rock. Derek Grant, and this is coming from someone who loves Alkaline Trio, isn't that spectacular a drummer. He fits the part in Alkaline Trio well, but we can't even be sure he'll remain there. Plus he plays with Good Charolette and that's near inexcusable for me.

Have you listened to Jesus of Suburbia? Homecoming? Any Green Day song that involves drums? Tre is what makes the song's memorable. He's the driving force behind ever great beat and Green Day would never have been as big without him. He's not the best drummer in the world right now, Mr.Barker has that distinction, but he's certainly top 5, if not top 3.

Ok enough Green Day bashing.  Actually, enough Tre Cool bashing.

As a huge Green Day fan I can say they don't belong in the top spot.  Top 10, maybe but not with Basketcase.  Same with Alkaline Trio, love them, love Private Eye but its not their most "punk" song.

Secondly, Tre is one of the best drummers in Rock.  Derek Grant, and this is coming from someone who loves Alkaline Trio, isn't that spectacular a drummer.  He fits the part in Alkaline Trio well, but we can't even be sure he'll remain there.  Plus he plays with Good Charolette and that's near inexcusable for me.

Have you listened to Jesus of Suburbia?  Homecoming?  Any Green Day song that involves drums?  Tre is what makes the song's memorable.  He's the driving force behind ever great beat and Green Day would never have been as big without him.  He's not the best drummer in the world right now, Mr.Barker has that distinction, but he's certainly top 5, if not top 3.

Edited by Funk Odyssey

Yes I've seen the Trio live and Derek wasn't that impressive. He did his job, he did it well, but he left alot to be desired. He doesn't give it on the recordings because their isn't a whole lot to give. Alkaline aren't famous for complex beats.

Have you seen Green Day live? Tre, just like the rest of the band gives it all, every time, everywhere.

Yes I've seen the Trio live and Derek wasn't that impressive.  He did his job, he did it well, but he left alot to be desired.  He doesn't give it on the recordings because their isn't a whole lot to give.  Alkaline aren't famous for complex beats.

I'm still blaming Radio 1 for even attempting compiling the list.

And Green Day are an awesome band, and have been for over ten years. They changed their image and now everyone shits on them for being to 'pop'. They've had some great songs, and some shit ones, but none of the great songs are on that list.

It's pretty obvious too many 10-14 year olds who think Avril Lavigne is cool have been voting.

Well if their going for the influence the song/band had then obviously Green Day makes it into top 5 as they relaunched punk rock.

Guest Booker T & The MG's

He's not the best drummer in the world right now, Mr.Barker has that distinction, but he's certainly top 5, if not top 3.

You had a point until you said that. Granted, Travis Barker and Tre Cool are very, very good, but I'd venture these guys are better:

Vinnie Paul

Joey Jordison

Dave Lombardo

Dan Foord

Josh Freese

To name a few.

I even prefer Taylor Hawkins thinking about it, but maybe because he's so sexy.

Guest burton420

Basket Case definately shouldn't be the top ten, maybe not even on the list. Welcome to Paradise is probably their best "punk" song. Yeah and God Save The Queen should have been #1, and why the hell is Jimmy Eat World on that list, they're not even punk(though I never have heard that song)