Pro Wrestling X

Gene Kiniski

PWX pre orders now open!

...so I've been sitting here starting at my monitor for the last ten minutes totally at a

loss for what to write. One one hand I'm off the charts excited to finally be able to

accept pre orders for PWX. I've been turning guys down for well over a year because I wanted

to make absolutely sure we could deliver PWX and everything we promised it would be. I

didn't want to accept pre orders until the prototype and market research phase proved on

every level that PWX would be a reality. Well over the last few months we proved we

could make a wrestling game and the market research told us beyond a shadow of a doubt that

what we knew in our gut was right: people want something new and different.

And on the other hand, I'm kinda terrified. What if we build it and nobody comes? What if

nobody cares and pre orders are dismal? What then? How do I tell the crew and investors that

we only got two pre orders and they were from by brother and mom? Ok I'm being a drama queen.

How about I just give you the link and hold my breath?

http://www.prowrestlingx.com/preorder.php

Before you pre order though, hear this: we owe you guys everything and we know it.

Thats why PWX pre orders will have a 100% money back guarantee at any time if you feel like

we're dropping the ball in any way. You will always have the power over keeping us on the

right path because even after you give us your order as a show of confidence we know that

you can ALWAYS take it back if we let you down at any point. All lot of people we told about

this think we're crazy for offering a money back guarantee but that's their problem right?

I guess maybe they don't understand what it's like to actually WANT to answer to the fans

and be responsible for our project.

How do you like the special packaging for the Limited Edition of PWX? It's an awesome metal

case. Same one they used for Halo2 I believe. It will ship with a bonus DVD of all kinds of

behind the scenes stuff, interviews, fan videos, etc. And it's priced below what you would

pay for a regular new release in any store. We knew we had to charge more than a few bucks for

PWX but we also knew we didn't have to gouge people so the price we choose seemed right.

You can either put down a $10 deposit and reserve your pre order of PWX Limited Edition

(THANK YOU!) or you can pay the full price in advance (THANK YOU!!!) if you really want

to give us that extra support. All the money is pumped right back into developing more

moves, more caw parts, and testing and tweaking the gameplay. Not one dime of your money

is wasted. No robot caw parts, promise.

I can't stress enough how much pressure we have on us to generate a fair amount of these

pre orders. Not enough and it might make Telefilm and other investors back out in

uncertainty. But if we get enough pre orders we can guarantee the power stays with the

fans who support us because they will be funding the project through their

faith in us to get the job done. Man, is it too early for a beer?

I don't know what else to say guys. Some of you already tell me you're going to pre order

with the full price option. That kills me, thank you, it means so much to the crew and I.

We haven't decided exactly how we're going to do it yet but we're talking about letting

those people contribute characters to the roster, design move animations, or something

similar. But I know the full price is still a good chunk of change for most people and

some of you will opt to pre order with a $10 reservation instead. That is also unbelievably

amazing! At the very least we want to show our appreciation to all the people who pre order

at the $10 level with their name in the "thank you" credits, both in the game and in the

manual. Ten bucks is less than most of us spend on junk food in a few days and ten bucks

is all it will take to ensure PWX keeps marching forward and the crew working their asses off

just for you, for all of us who want something much much better.

Well, time to cross our fingers and hope for the best. It's in your hands now...

http://www.prowrestlingx.com/preorder.php

Guest Future Shock

I'd like to see more gameplay videos, to be honest...

And I'm assuming that since AJ is supporting it (and he's a big gamer), that this is going to be the first video game appearance of AJ Styles?

10 bucks is nothing. I might preorder when next I have some scratch.

And I SOOOOOOOOO need to the enter that poetry contest.

It does seem a bit of a "Give us money so we can like...start making it and stuff. Then if we screw up we'll give you your money back. Err...the money we spent making the game...hmm...oops" type of deal.

Not to say I don't trust that they'll give it their best shot, just to say that I'm not parting with any money until they've at least got a working alpha demo or something.

I think the idea with the pre-ordering was to appeal to those who'd been following the project for ages (including myself), mainly to prove to their investors the number of sales they could achieve at the very least (hence the low $10 figure) rather than randomly begging sceptics to part with their money. I'd advise you to sign up to the newsletter, if nothing else its a pretty interesting bit of following a games company trying to get started.