Contraband

Gabriel

Well, the disc comes out today, and I know that at least one person here at the EWB will be getting it, so I thought I would post the topic that everyone has been waiting for...

Is the CD worth the $15-$20 that I would pay for it?

I've heard Slither and Set Me Free by VR, and I absolutely love both tracks.

EDIT: The CD will be $15.99 here, I get paid on Friday, and I buy one CD every paycheck (every two weeks)

I just want your opinions on whether or not it's worth it.

Edited by Gabriel

White Light Rock and Roll Review is out on the 9th I believe. I'd buy that.

No disrespect to Velvet Revolver.

Edit: Errrr... Velvet Underground? I need to read more.

Edited by SeanDMan

Never heard of it... doesn't have anything I know on it...would probably be a waste of my money.

I was asking about Contraband, because I have heard two of the songs on the disc, and know that I like the sound of those two songs, but don't know if the rest of the album follows suit.

Well, MatthewGood.net is streaming two songs for free off of the album. Go check it out, and watch the video for Weapon while you're there.

Come on and support Canadian music, or I'll have you deported.

I've got the album and frankly I'm not sure what to make of it. The whole album despite the fact I've only listened to it once seems quite mediocre not to mention effortless. I'll give it another proper listen before criticising it any further but at the minute I have alot better things to listen to...

Well, MatthewGood.net is streaming two songs for free off of the album. Go check it out, and watch the video for Weapon while you're there.

Come on and support Canadian music, or I'll have you deported.

Stop whoring that waste of talent here.... this wasn't even a thread asking about it ffs.

Stop whoring that waste of talent here.... this wasn't even a thread asking about it ffs.

I don't mind. I kinda like Matt Good... but back on topic, you can listen to the full album of Contraband online at MTV.com and VH1.com

I enjoyed what I heard, but it didn't exactly "blow me away"... in fact, it kinda reminded me of a slightly heavier version of the Stone Temple Pilots CD that I bought last paycheck. I will still get the CD, but I'll probably pick up another one off of my list as well.

I've had another proper listen to it and it seems alright, nothing special or out-of-this-world so to speak but something I could listen to nonetheless. There's no real stand-out tracks as alot of the stuff seems similar but there's some real Guns N' Roses sounding songs which are decent enough.