Where Are They Now?

Dr. Rated-R

I remember this premise being used in The Ring many months ago, so I'm going to steal it and apply it to the entertainment industry. The purpose of this thread is to ask the rest of us "where are they now?", in reference to your favorite musicians, actors, and so on that aren't... 'around' anymore.

I'll get things started by asking what Jerry Cantrell of Alice in Chains is up to, if anything? Also, what about Zack De La Rocha's promised solo career? And are the guys from Soundgarden (excluding Chris of course, as we all know about Audioslave :wub:) making music nowadays?

I heard a rumour that the new Zack stuff will be out in time for Christmas. Trent Reznor said on the Access section of nin.com that the stuff he produced for Zack probably won't see the light of day, since he said something like when working for someone of Zack's stature and ability, it needed to be great, and just wasn't.

Cantrell recently reunited with the members of Alice In Chains and did a benefit show for something and had Maynard of Tool and some other people do some shows. I thought I heard that AIC were going to record a new album with a new singer, but that could be my brain playing tricks on me.

Guest seattlebandfan9

Yeah, I have heard Zach's album will be coming out really late this year if not next. Who knows..

Anyway, Matt Cameron the drummer for Soundgarden has been Pearl Jam's drummer for a few years running now.

Jerry Cantrell is also in a covers band called Cardboard Vampyres with Billy Duffy from The Cult.

Zack De La Rocha was working with DJ Shadow last I heard of him, but that was a LONG time ago. I don't think we'll see any solo material from him for a while, and it will only disappoint when we do, in my opinion. It's on record that Audioslave have written more songs since they've been together than Rage ever did, which I'm assuming is primarily down to Zack, so I'm guessing he's a perfectionist. I'll still be interested to hear it, though.

Also, just to add some information about Cardboard Vampyres, they are a covers band at the moment, just touring and playing songs by AIC, The Cult, and other bands that Cantrell and Duffy like.....there are no plans to record anything, as far as I remember.