Extreme Makeover: Home Edition

PkmnTrainerJ

This show is the best makeover show in the world.

Basically a team of people watch a video from a family that has or did have sevre problems, such as their father being blinded in both eyes by gunfire, and then the design team send the family on vacation for a week, completley tear down their home and rebuild it. They have a fucking huge budget and give the people cars, scholarships, loads of things. It's amazing and I must admit certain episodes have bought tears to my eyes because of the things they have done.

On another note does anyone know when/if this show is coming out on DVD in the UK.

Edited by PkmnTrainerJ

Funnily enough, I was going to post about this myself. I only recently started watching it, but I've seen about 7-9 episodes now. It's truly amazing, and I have to agree with you that a lot of the shows have made me well-up. Have you seen the....I think it was the Vitalli family? Widowed guy - cop, three young kids. That nearly made me cry.

The reason I was going to make a topic though, was to ask how Ty Pennington is so famous? What does he do?

Funnily enough, I was going to post about this myself. I only recently started watching it, but I've seen about 7-9 episodes now. It's truly amazing, and I have to agree with you that a lot of the shows have made me well-up. Have you seen the....I think it was the Vitalli family? Widowed guy - cop, three young kids. That nearly made me cry.

The reason I was going to make a topic though, was to ask how Ty Pennington is so famous? What does he do?

I've seen the one with the Mexican guy, and I've also seen the episodes with the son who was paralyzed after getting shot accidentally in a drive by shooting, and the one with thge Gothic Family.

It's a good show, much more helpful and rewarding compared to likes of Changing Rooms and crap.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

I must be thinking of the wrong thing, in the one I saw they turned a whole house into a cinema, which would be much less helpful than changing rooms because it'd tear the house value in half.

I must be thinking of the wrong thing, in the one I saw they turned a whole house into a cinema, which would be much less helpful than changing rooms because it'd tear the house value in half.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

No, this was on Discovery Home and Leisure, it was definitely american, there was some woman in a wheelchair, they took her away and turned her house into a cheap looking movie theatre.