Euro 2004 Prediction League

Well it's only the first day, but I should post the current standings anyway. Of course NO-ONE scored anything on the Portugal/Greece game...but everyone predicted Spain were going to win. So huzzah, we're all off the starting blocks. Except HttK, who decided to "screw calling scores for the damned games". :P

I am actually going to make an amendment to the point scoring system here. I think it's still early enough for me to do so, and it wont happen again.

Therefore now youy will get:

2pts for a correct result

5pts for a perfect score

AND

3pts for a correct goal margin (i.e. for Spain v Russia = 1 goal)

That should make it a little more interesting. Hopefully. And congratulations to TheArsenal and Jam, for making the first perfect predictions:

CURRENT TABLE

(1) 5 Jam

(=) 5 TheArsenal

(3) 3 britneyspearsisgod

(=) 3 fineintent

(=) 3 pens66

(6) 2 AntPaulseno

(=) 2 evertonfan

(=) 2 J-Rod

(=) 2 JohnnyPerfect

(=) 2 pigeon

(=) 2 stokerino

(=) 2 TheGame3000uk

(=) 2 UmpireAJS

(14) 0 HailtotheKing

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated Table: Sunday 13th June

Results (as if you didn't already know):

Switzerland 0 - 0 Croatia

France 2 - 1 England

Well...on the plus side, I scored full points on my England/France prediction. <_<

Jam and TheArsenal do well again...although TheArsenal made the fatal mistake of predicting an England win. Geez, like that could ever happen in any 91 minutes of football.

I'll be stopping the bitterness now.

CURRENT TABLE

(1) 12 Jam

(2) 10 TheArsenal

(3) 8 pens66

(4) 7 AntPaulseno

(=) 7 pigeon

(=) 7 stokerino

(=) 7 UmpireAJS

(8) 6 fineintent

(9) 5 J-Rod

(10) 4 JohnnyPerfect

(=) 4 TheGame3000uk

(12) 3 britneyspearsisgod

(13) 2 evertonfan

(14) 0 HailtotheKing

Therefore now youy will get:

2pts for a correct result

5pts for a perfect score

AND

3pts for a correct goal margin (i.e. for Spain v Russia = 1 goal)

Say England win 2-1.

You can now get five points for predicting a 2-1 win or a 3-2 win, because a 3-2 win is the correct score (2pts) and the correct goal margin (3 pts)

Say England win 2-1.

You can now get five points for predicting a 2-1 win or a 3-2 win, because a 3-2 win is the correct score (2pts) and the correct goal margin (3 pts)

The points aren't culmulative. The large 'AND' is just indicating the new rule that's being added.

I could apoligise for being unclear but...don't try to squeeze points out of me bitch! *smack*

:shifty:

Yes update this you little moron  :P

Sumimasen...yesterday I took a break from the whole football thing, and this afternoon I was away from my computer. ^_^

The one with the biggest gains over the past two days was fineintent, predicting all four results correctly including one correct scoreline (Holland v Germany), to give him a total of 11pts. This shoots him all the way up into 2nd place with 17pts, but Jam managed to score 6pts which was just enough to hold onto his lead.

The lowest scorers (besides HttK) were pens66 and TheGame3000uk who only scored 2pts from the four games (both from predicting a Czech victory over Latvia). Then again, it's not like anyone predicted anything different...

CURRENT TABLE

(1) 18 Jam

(2) 17 fineintent

(3) 16 UmpireAJS

(4) 14 J-Rod

(=) 14 TheArsenal

(6) 13 AntPaulseno

(=) 13 pigeon

(=) 13 stokerino

(9) 10 pens66

(10) 8 JohnnyPerfect

(11) 7 britneyspearsisgod

(12) 6 evertonfan

(=) 6 TheGame3000uk

(14) 0 HailtotheKing

*cough*

Ten points please.

Indeed.

And thus TheArsenal is the first person to score maximum points in any single day of matches. BUT Jam also managed to score 7 points, meaning that he retains his 1pt lead at the top of the table. Ooh, the tension...

Alternatively, unlike his excellent performance yesterday, fineintent scores NO points today. For shame... There definitely seems to be a gap developing towards the bottom of the table, cutting off TheGame3000uk, BSIG, JohnnyPerfect, evertonfan, and, of course, HttK from everyone else. Still, maybe they can mop up when I increase the points allocation for the knock out stages...bwahaha.

CURRENT TABLE

(1) 25 Jam

(2) 24 TheArsenal

(3) 21 UmpireAJS

(4) 20 AntPaulseno

(=) 20 pigeon

(6) 18 stokerino

(7) 17 fineintent

(=) 17 J-Rod

(=) 17 pens66

(10) 11 TheGame3000uk

(11) 10 britneyspearsisgod

(=) 10 JohnnyPerfect

(13) 8 evertonfan

(14) 0 HailtotheKing

Well, that's the first time no-one scored any points on any one match...ah those crazy Croats.

So not a very interesting set of results today - everyone scored 2 points for predicting the England win except for evertonfan and JohnnyPerfect. who predicted the score correctly. But hang on, they were at the bottom of the table anyway...nevermind.

CURRENT TABLE

(1) 27 Jam

(2) 26 TheArsenal

(3) 23 UmpireAJS

(4) 22 AntPaulseno

(=) 22 pigeon

(6) 20 stokerino

(7) 19 fineintent

(=) 19 J-Rod

(=) 19 pens66

(10) 15 JohnnyPerfect

(11) 13 evertonfan

(=) 13 TheGame3000uk

(13) 12 britneyspearsisgod

(14) 0 HailtotheKing

Edited by stokeriño

Lots of points today - mainly due to the sheer number of people who predicted Bulgaria 0-2 Denmark. That said, BSIG, JohnnyPerfect, and TheGame3000uk still managed to come away with zero points. ;)

Both myself and UmpireAJS scored a full 10 points with two correct scorelines - w00t!

But perhaps most significantly of all - Jam has finally been knocked off the top spot after only scoring 2 points today! We now have TheArsenal and UmpireAJS equal on 33 points each! See, it's already more exciting than the Scottish league...

CURRENT TABLE

(1) 33 TheArsenal

(=) 33 UmpireAJS

(3) 30 stokerino

(4) 29 Jam

(5) 27 pigeon

(6) 24 AntPaulseno

(=) 24 fineintent

(=) 24 J-Rod

(9) 21 pens66

(10) 15 evertonfan

(=) 15 JohnnyPerfect

(12) 13 TheGame3000uk

(13) 12 britneyspearsisgod

(14) 0 HailtotheKing

Man, don't we all suck.

I scored 2pts for predicting the Czech win, while pigeon, pens66 and TheGame3000uk all scored 3pts for predicting a one goal winning margin, but not getting the exact scoreline.

That's a total of just eleven points scored across the entire board.

ELEVEN.

Actually it's getting even closer at the top, and it's still extremely close in the middle (four people each with 24pts ffs!). As for the bottom of the table...well the same people continue to suck. :shifty:

Although the Czech Republic did technically qualify today, points for predicted qualifiers will not be alloted until all games in the group have been played. So, uh, that'd be starting tomorrow then.

CURRENT TABLE

(1) 33 TheArsenal

(=) 33 UmpireAJS

(3) 32 stokerino

(4) 30 pigeon

(5) 29 Jam

(6) 24 AntPaulseno

(=) 24 fineintent

(=) 24 J-Rod

(=) 24 pens66

(10) 16 TheGame3000uk

(11) 15 evertonfan