Euro 2004 Prediction League

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just editted my score for Czech Vs Germany game, or is that not allowed now? If not I'll go change it back to what it was in the first place, I just felt the result would be different that's all.

Yeah that's fine. Just so I know what it was, to be sure against any possible underhanded dealings. In fact, it would have been an idea for me to copy down everyone's predictions into my own word document, which I am doing now.

Speaking of possible underhanded dealings, I've just noticed that one other person has edited his predictions post. TheArsenal made an edit at 6:29pm on Wednesday the 16th of June, which would have been in the last 10 minutes of the Greece vs Spain match. Coincidentally or not, TheArsenal scored a perfect prediction for that game.

Now I'm not one to throw out accusations on only circumstancial evidence but...explain yourself bitch. :angry::shifty:

Edited by stokeriño

I need super predictions for the next four days otherwise I am screwed  :angry:

The points allocations for each match will be increased in the knock-out stages, so it's still possible for you to run wild. ;)

Edited by stokeriño

The madness!!

This is the craziness that predicting the qualifiers from the group will do for you! In fact, the craziness is SO extreme, that I'm amending the rules. If you only got one of the teams right and they're in the correct position, you get two bonus points. I haven't worked out what effect this has before I've decided it, so this isn't some kind of manipulative plot and I don't know exactly what it'll do. What I do know is that pens66, was not only the only person to predict Greece would qualify, but he also did so in the right order. This means he jumps right up to the top of the table! Just shows you that anything can happen...

Right, *now* I've worked out the points properly, with the amendment to the scoring system. In fact the only people who didn't benefit from it in this group were TheGame3000uk, JohnnyPerfect, J-Rod, UmpireAJS, and, uh, me. But hey, it's only 2 points. The only effect they had table-wise was that evertonfan moved up one place. Still, I think it helps.

For the first time ever no-one's on equal points, and the board is actually spread out quite evenly. I think that this is a good sign.

HailtotheKing scores his first points...yay. :P

Stay tuned, more major points jumps tomorrow. ;)

CURRENT TABLE

(1) 53 pens66

(2) 48 UmpireAJS

(3) 47 stokerino

(4) 45 TheArsenal

(5) 42 pigeon

(6) 41 Jam

(7) 38 fineintent

(8) 36 AntPaulseno

(9) 34 J-Rod

(10) 30 britneyspearsisgod

(11) 27 evertonfan

(12) 26 TheGame3000uk

(13) 25 JohnnyPerfect

(14) 12 HailtotheKing

Speaking of possible underhanded dealings, I've just noticed that one other person has edited his predictions post. TheArsenal made an edit at 6:29pm on Wednesday the 16th of June, which would have been in the last 10 minutes of the Greece vs Spain match. Coincidentally or not, TheArsenal scored a perfect prediction for that game.

Now I'm not one to throw out accusations on only circumstancial evidence but...explain yourself bitch. :angry:  :shifty:

The honest truth.

I had Switzerland down to beat France 4-0.

I had Latvia down to beat Germany 3-0.

All because the fixtures were "Switzerland vs France" and I just put "4-0" but meant "0-4" and likewise for the Latvia vs Germany game.

All I did was switch those scores round to read 0-4 and 0-3.

The honest truth.

I had Switzerland down to beat France 4-0.

I had Latvia down to beat Germany 3-0.

All because the fixtures were "Switzerland vs France" and I just put "4-0" but meant "0-4" and likewise for the Latvia vs Germany game.

All I did was switch those scores round to read 0-4 and 0-3.

Explanation accepted. :smug:

I did remember seeing some pretty crazy predictions but I thought they must have been JohnnyPerfect's.

I do distinctly remember the Latvia 4-0 Germany actually. That made me laugh at the time. ;)

Well, everyone scored lots of points today. In fact most people (10 out of 14) scored 29 points (2 each from the matches for predicting the winners but not the score, and then 25 points for France and England in the right order). The only person who scored anything *significantly* different was pens66 who only scored 14 points. Predicting Croatia to qualify? What were you thinking?! :P

So now UmpireAJS creeps up into first place, with pens66 dropping back all the way into 7th. The table's still quite close, overall. Except for HttK of course...

Group C tomorrow. Come on Sweden...

CURRENT TABLE

(1) 77 UmpireAJS

(2) 76 stokerino

(3) 71 pigeon

(4) 70 Jam

(5) 69 TheArsenal

(6) 68 fineintent

(7) 67 pens66

(8) 65 AntPaulseno

(9) 63 J-Rod

(10) 59 britneyspearsisgod

(11) 56 evertonfan

(12) 55 TheGame3000uk

(13) 54 JohnnyPerfect

(14) 32 HailtotheKing

Edited by stokeriño

I had this all written out until when I clicked to Add Reply the board went down. Bastards.

Today's top scorer was JohnnyPerfect with 17 points, which moves him up from 13th to 12th. UmpireAJS extends his lead at the top of the table, and fineintent makes the biggest jump, moving up two places from 6th to 4th. Meanwhile TheArsenal's glory days at the top continue to slip away... :P

Even though technically there's only one team left to qualify, predictions for the Quarter Finals will start after tomorrow's games end at about 10pm BST. Since you'll only have 1 day before the England/Portugal match, I'll PM you all to remind you. This is so that you don't get irritated for forgetting, not because I'm being like a pathetic puppy vying for your attention. So there. ;)

CURRENT TABLE

(1) 93 UmpireAJS

(2) 88 stokerino

(3) 86 Jam

(4) 84 fineintent

(5) 83 pigeon

(6) 82 pens66

(7) 81 TheArsenal

(8) 79 AntPaulseno

(9) 75 J-Rod

(10) 73 britneyspearsisgod

(11) 72 evertonfan

(12) 71 JohnnyPerfect

(13) 70 TheGame3000uk

(14) 42 HailtotheKing

Edited by stokeriño

Make Your Quarter Final Predictions Now!

(I'll calculate the points and table for today's mathes in a few minutes)

In the meantime make your predictions on the following matches:

Thursday 24th June, Luz, Lisbon

Portugal v England

Which side to score first:

Friday 25th June, Jose Alvalade, Lisbon

France v Greece

Score first:

Saturday 26th June, Faro-Loulé

Sweden v Holland

Score first:

Sunday 27th June, Dragao, Porto

Czech Republic v Denmark

Score first:

Do not write down a draw. If you predict the match to be a draw and resolved by penalties, give the winning team one extra goal. e.g. Sweden v Holland draw at 2-2, with Sweden winning on penalties. You predict: 3-2.

Because it's the Knockout Stage now, let's amp up the points a bit shall we...

* Predicting the correct winner: 5 points

* Predicting the correct goal margin: 10 points

* Predicting the correct scoreline: 15 points

And as a little bonus:

* Predicting which team will score first: 5 points (if it's 0-0 and goes to penalties, this will be counted as whoever wins the entire shootout)

See, like this even JohnnyPerfect might get up the table. ^_^

**Current table and my match predictions following shortly**

Edited by stokeriño

Say what you wany my man Stock but its clear that I predicted EVERYTHING right today, full points, yes I am the greatest :P

Portugal 1-2 England

France 2-1 Greece

Sweden 2-1 Holland

Czech Republic 3-1 Denmark

Portugal 1-2 England - England to score first

France 2-0 Greece - France to score first

Sweden 2-3 Holland - Holland to score first

Czech Republic 1-0 Denmark - Czech Republic to score first

Portugal 1-2 England (Portugal score 1st)

France 2-0 Greece (France)

Sweden 2-1 Holland (Sweden)

Czech Republic 3-1 Denmark (Czech)

Wahey perfect score on Holland/Lativia and correct goal difference from Germany/Czech...

EDIT - Missed out who'd score 1st.

Edited by fineintent

It is indeed correct, as JohnnyPerfect just said, he scored PERFECT (hence the name) points today, giving him a grand total of 35pts to add to his collection.

But he wasn't the only person to score well today. fineintent, pens66 and TheGame3000uk all scored in the upper 20's. All of these points have moved the table round quite a bit. UmpireAJS is knocked down to joint third place while fineintent takes his place at the top. What? JohnnyPerfect is in 5th?!? Guess that shows the rest of us what we get for picking Germany. :P

CURRENT TABLE

(1) 112 fineintent

(2) 109 pens66

(3) 107 stokerino

(=) 107 UmpireAJS

(5) 106 JohnnyPerfect

(6) 105 Jam

(7) 104 AntPaulseno

(8) 97 pigeon

(=) 97 TheGame3000uk

(10) 96 evertonfan

(11) 95 TheArsenal

(12) 89 J-Rod

(13) 87 britneyspearsisgod

(14) 54 HailtotheKing

DON'T FORGET pick who you think will score first in the Quarter Final games. I'll edit that in above for people to copy and paste, but Johnny you might want to add that in to yours. ;)

Edit: My predictions...

Portugal 2-3 England (Portugal score first)

France 3-1 Greece (France score first)

Sweden 2-0 Holland (Sweden score first)

Czech Republic 2-0 Denmark (Czech score first)

Edited by stokeriño

Portugal 0-2 England

Which side to score first: England

France 2-0 Greece

Score first: France

Sweden 1-2 Holland

Score first: Holland

Czech Republic 3-0 Denmark