Hard-Fi

K

Any good? I've never heard them, someone told me they were alright, but he likes pretentious wank music like Mars Volta. Also they're getting a lot of media attention which means they'll probably sound like Kaiser Chiefs.

Compare them to another band.

They're part of the whole indie wave still swarming after Franz Ferdinand's success. Part of the new breed with The Futureheads, Maximo Park etc. (Only not from Newcastle or Sunderland). I don't rate them. Though i don't rate any of these 'new' bands besides Arcade Fire and possibly The Futureheads. Then again i've only heard 2 songs, but I don't rate them.

And Mars Volta aren't wank, they're just very much an aquired taste.

Edited by Funk Odyssey

I'm going to see them soon. (Y) Thought I'd better bone-up.

The pits for Trivium are dangerous. At Download, they had atleast 6 going, just on the one side of the stage - first thing in the morning really. Looked painful.

The pits for Trivium are dangerous. At Download, they had atleast 6 going, just on the one side of the stage - first thing in the morning really. Looked painful.

I'm seeing them on the 6th of August at Ozzfest. It's going to one hell of a day, as well as one hellacious one to boot.

They are good live, can really get the crowd going. I saw them at Download fesitval, so I know they're good with big crowds. When the lead singer puts his hand to his ear though, it annoys me.

I'm more Headbanger Thrasher than Headbanger Mosh, but I'll see.

Bwahahaha. That's brilliant.

Side note, if only I knew what being Headbanger Thrasher entailed, as opposed to Headbanger Mosh. "Trashing" always confused me.

Back on topic, Stars of CCTV is an absolutely shit hot album. Try to imagine the Dead 60's but not shit. Nicely varied too from the funkiness of Got a Reason to the laid back coolness of the title track.

Buy Maximo Park! They aren't from Newcastle! (that really should be my sig)

Dude, Maximo Park formed in Newcastle but the most Northerly band member is singer Paul Smith, from the great little Teesside town of Billingham.

<============

The rest are from daaaaarn saaaaarf. Well, Huddersfield, Wigan and assorted others.

Which uni, thats another kettle of fish. All but the keyboard player went to Newcastle, he went to the Poly (aka Northumbria). Maximo at the Empire in Boro was more hometown. Grafitti "This song is about Billingham". Massive crowd roar since half the towns indie population was in attendance.

I WAS THERE MAN, I...WAS...THERE!!!!! Fucking awesome. Love Trivium.

Hard-Fi have that really annoyingly cheesy song on Kerrang at the moment rate? I'm not too keen, but my mate likes them.

Me too man, me too.