Kingdom Hearts

PkmnTrainerJ

Well, I like the Kingdom Hearts, but thought it'd be wierd to play a game with Final Fantasy & Disney characters. The storyline of the first game is good, Chain Of Memories is by far the best card based battling game I've ever played and I'm eagerly awaiting Kingdom Hearts 2.

I don't mind the cross over. Its definately strange seeing Sephiroth and Squall in a game with Donald Duck and Tarzan, but that doesn't really bother me.

The game itself though, I think is overrated. Its fun for a while but gets repetitive very quickly. Some of the areas are really annoying (Like the underwater level. My god that is so friggin frustrating) and I feel that overall, some of the level design is very basic and uninterersting.

The storyline and combat is fine though. Levelling up can be a bitch sometimes as it takes forever. Unless you abuse the Collisseum like I did.

Guest TheTokenWhiteGuy

I don't mind the cross over. Its definately strange seeing Sephiroth and Squall in a game with Donald Duck and Tarzan, but that doesn't really bother me.

The game itself though, I think is overrated. Its fun for a while but gets repetitive very quickly. Some of the areas are really annoying (Like the underwater level. My god that is so friggin frustrating) and I feel that overall, some of the level design is very basic and uninterersting.

The storyline and combat is fine though. Levelling up can be a bitch sometimes as it takes forever. Unless you abuse the Collisseum like I did.

I love Kingdom Hearts myself, it was some of the most fun I ever had playing a game. Nostalgia hit me like a ton of bricks seeing Disney characters I worshipped in the early 90's and Final Fantasy characters I worshipped in the late 90's as well as current FF characters. And then it had some fun gameplay to go with it. I cannot WAIT for the 2nd installment.

I thought it was one of the best games out there when it was first released.

Mainly due to nostalgia as damshow said. Seeing all the Disney characters was great, even if some of them didnt have the voices quite right (not like they'd get Robin Williams for the Genie anyways). I got a little giddy when I heard the Pooh theme for the first time in 100 Acre Forest even though I don't like the character much. Just sucked me into the game. Add on the Final Fantasy characters for some seriousness and grade A voice acting by almost all involved and it was a great experience. It also had a very emotional end, yet one that left room for a sequal. I couldn't ask for more...

Til I played through again last summer. I bought it again so my girlfriend could see what it was like since I thought it was great, and then the gameplay hit me. The story and all the extras wore off, I already knew what I was getting. So I was stuck with a subpar combat system with a horrible camera and some really awkwardly bad level design.

Right now I'm fairly indifferent to it. It has a wonderful and thoughtful world to escape into until completion but beyond that the game is mediocre with a limited lifespan on repeat playthroughs.

I borrowed it off a friend and I liked it, but I doubt I'd fork out the cash for it myself. It was a good fun crossover, but nothing spectacular. I marked out for Jack Skellington and Cid, and was shocked at the pronunciation of "Tidus", but other than that it was fairly unremarkable.