Saddest video game moment

PkmnTrainerJ

Guest Crimson Nightmare

*Spoilers, though one's already been posted*

For me, it's Sniper-Wolf's death. I was a bit younger when I played MGS for the first time, and I remember trying not to cry, but I couldn't help but do so. I also found Psycho Mantis' death sad once you learned more about him..and I remember being downright pissed to the point of shrieking along with Snake the first time I saw Liquid crush Gray Fox with Metal Gear. Needless to say, Liquid got his that day.

What can I say, it's my favorite game.

Also, I lost Final Fantasy VIII when my game collection was stolen by the company who stored our stuff during moving (I built it back up via essentials and classics, but never quite snagged FF VIII yet), so I never got to see the end, so Robster or anyone mind PMing me or something as to why Squall prefers to be alone?

Edited by Crimson Nightmare

**FFX Spoilers***

FFX is the only game that put me in tears a number of times.

The end was just the saddest, by far. But in the end, it left hope, when you saw Tidus swimming. I never played FFX-I, so I don't know how that all went. Also, the "I hate you" to Jecht thing as well. Also, the scene where they're in the water that one night, but it was a happy crying.

Guest clintcasey

Eh, Chrono dieing in chrono trigger never bothered me. Why? Because if I wanted him back I'd just follow the short series of events nessary to keep his ass from being blown up in the first place which you can only do after his ass has been blown up. The scene where you save him is also fairly touching.

I'll spare you the details, but it takes about an hour of game time to do it, and thats if you know how and your trying to hurry.

Anywho all of the endings of X-2 where prety emotional, all 5 of them.

FF X-2 Spoilers: Skip the following paragaph if you don't want to know the endings.

The first ending comes when you beat the final boss, you get to see the world blow up starting from frightened people on the surface before panning out and watching as the whole world gets destoryed. The next ending is the sad ending, to get this you have push a button at the just the right momment just before the sequences that start the normal ending begin. At this point you'll Tidus will appear behind Yuna while they are in the far plane at which point Yuna says something along the lines that she misses him but it'll be okay as long as she can come back to far plane and see him. Then the normal ending occurs where of the world become unified after the near break out of civil war and near destruction of their world, and then the scene cuts over to Yuna riding on an air ship where she has a line where she accepts things for how they've happened and that everything will be alright no matter what happens. Then theres the happy ending, instead of seeing tidus when you push button you instead see Fayth for Bahamut. The kid asks if you want Tidus to be brought back, if you choose yes, the normal ending is extended after the credits, the airship starts to land at Yuna's home island and just as you get there Tidus swims out from the sea and Yuna goes off to him and everybody gathers together for a celebration, the end. And last, but not least, there is the 100% complete ending, which is a total bitch to get because not only do you have to do every little thing in the game, but you also have to beat an optional boss. This boss isn't any ordinary boss either mind you, this boss is ruffly 2 or 3 times more powerfull than the final boss of the whole game. The enemies in this game are balanced to have low HP but this guy is about the same as beating Tidus' Father as the Final Aeon only instead of having a whole party full of characters to work with your limited to just 3 girls and unless your just at level 80 (which you can easily beat the game with no problems at level 60) this thing can kill you with about one or two hits.

Guest Milk Man

So...yeah, I agree with you on those two.

Aeris' death didn't really affect me the first time, because I knew it was coming, and I didn't really like the character. The second time I played through, though, I understood what a vital character Aeris was and I cried at that, and it's moved me every time since. Just hearing her orchestrated music upsets me now.

Manly, me? Never.

So...yeah, I agree with you on those two.

Aeris' death didn't really affect me the first time, because I knew it was coming, and I didn't really like the character. The second time I played through, though, I understood what a vital character Aeris was and I cried at that, and it's moved me every time since. Just hearing her orchestrated music upsets me now.

Manly, me? Never.

lol

A witty and decisive argument you have there.