Donnie Darko London

K

Stella (The Beer) Are putting on an open air screening of Donnie Darko on Saturday, August 6 at 6:00 PM, It's taking place in Kensington Gardens and it only costs £5 a ticket, this includes the movie, a free beer, and a performance of the Donnie Darko Score, as performed by the National Sympony Orchestra.

Now I think Donnie Darko is pretentious and over-rated, but this should be really good, I never got to see it on a big screen, maybe it will be better.

The show will go on rain or shine, so bring a jacket.

Tickets can be ordered online at http://stellascreen.co.uk/

So yeah, should be good.

If anything, I think Darko will be worse on a big screen. Big screens only tend to enhance big action blockbuster type movies, whilst if anything taking away from the more introspective arty stuff.

Maybe that's just me.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

The only annoying thing will be the pretentious fans who'll sit there ranting on about how good and intelligent it is. Wetherspoons pubs do these things every now and then.

Donnie Darko is my favourite film. It is very good, cleverly done and isn't like anything else. Unfortunately, the Darko geeks spent hours and came up with an explanation for everything which - from the sounds of it - is the right answer AND SHALL NOT BE CONTESTED OR ELSE!!!!!!!, which ruined the oppotunity for casual guys like me to come up with theories.