Dukes of Hazzard Movie

Jerichoholic23

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this has had me pissed off for awhile.  I own all of the dvds so far because my entire family is a huge Dukes fan and we refuse to see this movie.  Willie Nelson isn't a good Uncle Jessie..Uncle Jessie wasn't skinny as a twig..they need to give him a fat suit or something to make him look at least similiar.  Same with Boss Hog..hell John Goodman could have been a better boss hog than Reynold.  Im fine with Sean William Scott, but instead of Knoxville I think Kutcher would have been a great choice him or Paul Walker.  Jessica Simpson as Daisy Duke just kills the entire movie..first off she isn't a blonde..2nd daisy wasn't a freakin slut.  I'm going to wait till this comes out on dvd then rent it if I feel like it.  I'd rather stick to my old dvds.

I can't believe half of you guys. If you've noticed by the portrayals of movies like S.W.A.T., Hollywood is never totally faithful to the shows so I don't know why'd you expect this would be any different. And in the case of S.W.A.T. as well, it was still rather kick ass.

If it's more of the show parody type of movies like Starsky and Hutch, it'll be good. Plus, I can support anyone casting Burt Reynolds. (Y)

You lost all credibility for liking S.W.A.T.

You fail.

Why do people trash Knoxville just because he hasn't been in some drama\bullshit blockbuster?

Because he's a shite actor who's only famous because of him and his moronic friends' lowest-common-denominator programming that's probably reduced the average intelligence of the 16-24 demographic by a significant amount?

If it's more of the show parody type of movies like Starsky and Hutch, it'll be good. (Y)

Those complaining about the cast not matching the series. Remember in Hollywood the movie doesnt always match old tv show or book. In Daredevil, Kingpin was black, in Charlies Angels they added a asian angel and in Honeymooners the whole cast was black, which is almost ironic since I dont they they ever had a black person appear on the show. Whoch reminds me that a few years ago before the finally cast was set for Dukes that Anthony Anderson was being considered for the Boss Hogg role. But also it was rumored that Britney Spears was wanted for the Daisy role.

So your argument is that I shouldn't complain because other films have bad casting too? Fuck that, I can complain all I like. I don't like the casting of Kingpin in Daredevil, nor did I like Charlies Angels or Starsky & Hutch. Just because that's the way Hollywood is doesn't mean it's the way Hollywood should be. If you're going to remake a franchise that a lot of people feel strongly about, you try and remain faithful to the original, otherwise a lot of people are going to be going home with bad tastes in their mouths, it's common sense.

Why do people trash Knoxville just because he hasn't been in some drama\bullshit blockbuster?

Because he's a shite actor who's only famous because of him and his moronic friends' lowest-common-denominator programming that's probably reduced the average intelligence of the 16-24 demographic by a significant amount?

Oh please, Johnny Knoxville is a decent actor and the things he did in Jackass weren't half as bad as what the others did, I found it to be a quite enjoyable show, but not in the "hey guys, lets try what they're doing" bullshit way. People will just always hate Knoxville\Kutcher\anyone else like them because they were in something that annoyed them for some generic reason.

I can't believe half of you guys. If you've noticed by the portrayals of movies like S.W.A.T., Hollywood is never totally faithful to the shows so I don't know why'd you expect this would be any different. And in the case of S.W.A.T. as well, it was still rather kick ass.

If it's more of the show parody type of movies like Starsky and Hutch, it'll be good. Plus, I can support anyone casting Burt Reynolds. (Y)

You lost all credibility for liking S.W.A.T.

You fail.

Guest fullhouse

So your argument is that I shouldn't complain because other films have bad casting too? Fuck that, I can complain all I like. I don't like the casting of Kingpin in Daredevil, nor did I like Charlies Angels or Starsky & Hutch. Just because that's the way Hollywood is doesn't mean it's the way Hollywood should be. If you're going to remake a franchise that a lot of people feel strongly about, you try and remain faithful to the original, otherwise a lot of people are going to be going home with bad tastes in their mouths, it's common sense.

You got it twisted.

I wasnt making a case for the casting, I never said you cant complain or shouldnt complain. Actually I even said I didnt like or agree with the casting job myself. I was just pointing out that this isnt the first time Hollywood did a remake and didnt remain true to the original.

No, you said:

Those complaining about the cast not matching the series. Remember in Hollywood the movie doesnt always match old tv show or book

Which to me sounds like saying not to complain, because that's the way Hollywood is, my argument was that just because it's the way Hollywood is doesn't mean it's the way it should be. I apologise if I misinterpreted you.

Oh please, Johnny Knoxville is a decent actor and the things he did in Jackass weren't half as bad as what the others did, I found it to be a quite enjoyable show, but not in the "hey guys, lets try what they're doing" bullshit way. People will just always hate Knoxville\Kutcher\anyone else like them because they were in something that annoyed them for some generic reason.

Johnny Knoxville is an incredibly sub-par actor, from what I've seen, only showing any signs of real talent in Grand Theft Parsons. Every role I've seen him in has been dire, and I don't expect this to be any different. And whether what he did in Jackass was as bad as what the others did or not is irrelevant, the fact is that it's a moronic show that never should have been aired, and that it's the only reason he's famous. He would never have got anywhere solely on his acting credentials, because he's just not good enough. Fair enough, everyone needs something to give them their big break, but when that "big break" comes from a show where the sole attraction is watching people hurt themselves and make fools out of themselves, you've got to question the guy's credibility.

And saying that the only reason people hate Knoxville/Kutcher/etc. is because they were in something that annoyed them is ridiculous. I don't hate them for specific roles, although my disdain for Knoxville is increased because of Jackass, I hate them because they have at no point in their career done anything to impress me. Whether that's their own fault or the fault of the film-makers who cast them, I don't know, but the fact remains: I don't like Johnny Knoxville, Ashton Kutcher or Sean William-Scott because I have seen nothing that makes me think "Wow, what a great actor".

Anyone can do mindless "teen comedy", when I see one of them in a well-made heartfelt drama or a subtle comedy...anything that requires emotion and integrity, and they impress me, then I'll eat my words and admit that I'd misjudged them, and it was all the fault of those who were casting them in the roles they are generally associated with. Until that day, I see no reason why I should consider them to be good actors when they've shown little or no evidence that they are.

I hate them because they have at no point in their career done anything to impress me.

Well, that's where me and you differ. I don't dislike actors based on prjects that they have done, I base it on how they entertain me. Maybe that means it's more in the casting than the actor themselves, but there's still look and delivery among other things that rely on the actors.

And as far as you denying that what he did in Jackass is irrelavent, to you liking him, you prove it's not by describing the show like that and continuing to trash it as a reason that he got into the business. I personally don't see how his role in Jackass could've really done anything to helf him get a role in Walking Tall but I digress.

I was planning on going out of interest but now... Now I refuse to go.

As for Knoxville, just like the rest of the assholes on MTV I despise him. He got a TV show not on acting talent, but on sheer stupidity yet I know tons of actors and actresses I work with who work their asses off to make it to the big time. Fuck you MTV. FUCK YOU.

Resfusing to go because you have some kind of Maddox-esque hate for anything off MTV, going as far as to call them assholes is stupid as hell, and you'll miss out on lots of things in life with such strong convictions as that.

And as far as you denying that what he did in Jackass is irrelavent, to you liking him, you prove it's not by describing the show like that and continuing to trash it as a reason that he got into the business. I personally don't see how his role in Jackass could've really done anything to helf him get a role in Walking Tall but I digress.

Ugh. If you honestly think Johnny Knoxville would have got anywhere without Jackass, you have no idea how the movie industry works. The only reason he gets any acting jobs is to draw in the plebs who actually found Jackass entertaining, as he has nothing to make him stand out of the crowd besides that.

Well, that's where me and you differ. I don't dislike actors based on prjects that they have done, I base it on how they entertain me. Maybe that means it's more in the casting than the actor themselves, but there's still look and delivery among other things that rely on the actors.

So me saying that I don't like them because they've never done anything to impress me is entirely different to you saying you base it on how they entertain you? Sounds like petty semantics to me.

Plus I heard they made Rosco a evil sheriff in this movie

I was planning on going out of interest but now... Now I refuse to go.

As for Knoxville, just like the rest of the assholes on MTV I despise him. He got a TV show not on acting talent, but on sheer stupidity yet I know tons of actors and actresses I work with who work their asses off to make it to the big time. Fuck you MTV. FUCK YOU.

Ugh. If you honestly think Johnny Knoxville would have got anywhere without Jackass, you have no idea how the movie industry works. The only reason he gets any acting jobs is to draw in the plebs who actually found Jackass entertaining, as he has nothing to make him stand out of the crowd besides that.

So me saying that I don't like them because they've never done anything to impress me is entirely different to you saying you base it on how they entertain you? Sounds like petty semantics to me.

Ok man, I am sorry tonight. I don't mean to argue, I knopw that you think different than me, lets kjust leave it at I like Knoxvilel and you don't. I like you as a poster and I don't want to get shit oging.