The 2005/2006 Hockey Season Thread

Clawson

I've yet to see any games (thanks to some shitty satellite rule that says we don't get TSN or OLN) but from what I've seen in clips, it sounds pretty exciting. I do think the scoring will quiet down soon as the goalies get used to the new pads and rules, as well as the players getting used to the rules and not being penalized as often.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Losing Sundin didn't stop Toronto from beating Ottawa in the playoffs in 2003 or was it 2002. I can't remember which one was the sweep year.

Yea, but that was back when Toronto had depth and talent. This season they have no one to step up. Lindros doesn't have it anymore, 20 goals at most. Allison seems to have forgotten how to shoot. Oh, and O'Neil is hurt too. Regarless of that Toronto's blue line is what will kill them. No matter how you slice it Ottawa will be 1-2-3 and Toronto will be 7-8-9.

I've yet to see any games (thanks to some shitty satellite rule that says we don't get TSN or OLN) but from what I've seen in clips, it sounds pretty exciting. I do think the scoring will quiet down soon as the goalies get used to the new pads and rules, as well as the players getting used to the rules and not being penalized as often.

The NHL is offering a free month of the NHL network. Contact your service provider.

Losing Sundin didn't stop Toronto from beating Ottawa in the playoffs in 2003 or was it 2002. I can't remember which one was the sweep year.

Yea, but that was back when Toronto had depth and talent. This season they have no one to step up. Lindros doesn't have it anymore, 20 goals at most. Allison seems to have forgotten how to shoot. Oh, and O'Neil is hurt too. Regarless of that Toronto's blue line is what will kill them. No matter how you slice it Ottawa will be 1-2-3 and Toronto will be 7-8-9.

Lindros doesn't have it? Okay then explain why he scored a key goal in the third and was fucking knocking down everybody was massive hits. Ask Mike Fisher or Peter Schafer what they think about Lindros not having it.

Thank you. When he played in 03/04 Lindros was great. Look at his stats. Sundin being out does hurt, but the Leafs can deal with it. In goal is the problem, if Belfour goes out then we worry.

...did you actually just say that?

In 2002-2003, Eric Lindros had his worst year of professional hockey ever. In 2003-2004, it looked like Lindros MIGHT be back to form, but he only played 39 games and wasn't a PPG player. He finished with 32 points in 39 games, shy of his past dominant performances of 97 points in 65 games, 115 points in 73 games, and 93 points in 71 games. While Lindros was "good", he wasn't great, and on a terrible Rangers team that went nowhere, he was outproduced by Bobby Holik, Brian Leetch, and Matthew Fucking Barnaby. And no possible way can you justify 39 games as a GREAT campaign.

Wow. I didn't think it was possible for you to look any more imbecilic, but god, I was wrong.

What did I say?

WHEN HE PLAYED in 2003/04 Lindros looked great. 32 points isn't incredible, but it is pretty good, and I didn't say anything about 02/03. If he is healthy, he will be a huge help to the Leafs, especially if he can play like he did on Thursday.

It seems like your jumping all over me today, SeanDMan.

Edited by desiredtoe

It seems like your jumping all over me today, SeanDMan.

stop trying to post as if you know things.

Shit, Luongo is a beast so far this year. I guess we'll see how well the Leafs are able to deal without Sundin tonight when the Leafs play my beloved Tricolors.

A lot of teams are having suprising starts, specially Florida and Buffalo. Shit the last time those teams were contenders was mid-late 90's(unless I'm forgetting something.)

Shit, Luongo is a beast so far this year. I guess we'll see how well the Leafs are able to deal without Sundin tonight when the Leafs play my beloved Tricolors.

They dominated Ottawa, the supposed future Stanley Cup Champions without him.

A lot of teams are having suprising starts, specially Florida and Buffalo. Shit the last time those teams were contenders was mid-late 90's(unless I'm forgetting something.)

Guest Grapehead

Yet they still lost the game... (H)

Yet they still lost the game... (H)