The 2005/2006 Hockey Season Thread

Clawson

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll take a look at the incident on the PVR tomorrow, but it would be helpful if somebody else could post a video of the incident because honestly I'm too busy watching the election.

I still think that Varada just looked up in time to avoid being another Colio victim. He's going to be a clean version of Scott Stevens. Ain't that right KFC? :shifty:

Another road loss for the Canucks. Canucks take way too many penalties, some of them debateable and some of them legit, and it costs them the game. Alex Auld makes 82 saves but still gets the loss.

I don't understand how anyone can call that Cola injury "dirty". HE MISSED A HIT. Had Varada been one stride forward, it would've been BOMBASTIC. But he wasn't. That's not dirty.

As for ther est of the game, the Leafs and Sens played very even for the whole game. The Leafs had prolonged periods where they were in control, as did the Sens. That "blown call" may or may not have been blown, HOWEVER the fact that Redden was IN the box, the ref had blown the whistle to continue play, and the penalty had been announced by both the ref AND the PA announcer - and THEN was overturned was complete bullshit. The fact that they scored on what would've been a penalty kill was just bad luck for a Leafs team which is seeing a string of it.

At least Tie showed a lot of balls, with a Howe Hat Trick. Congrats, Tie, you had one good game left in you after all!

And Ovechkin is the fucking man. If he played on a real team, I might be inclined to purchase a jersey. But alas.. he's on Washington.

Tie, as much as I hate him, was the best player in the game last night, on either team. And I'm considering getting an Ovechkin jersey even with him being on Washington, that's just how insanely good he is.

I've debated the same. But unlike most of you guys, the NHL is the only league where I root for players instead of teams. So it wouldn't be too awkward for me. I've already got a Flames shirt to voice support for Kipper and Iginla. As well as a man I think is one of the best coaches in hockey. I'm looking at an Ovechkin jersey and the mustard yellow Preds jersey, just because I love the mustard.

Guest Grapehead

Sens were much more dominant tonight than the score showed, and Theadore might be on his way out of MTL if Huet keeps playing like that. Oh, and I'm lovin this 7 game losing streak for the Leafs (had to bring it up).

Hey kids, my name is John Ferguson Jr. and I'm here how to teach you how to make a crap team.

Okay what you need are:

A coach who doesn't coach and puts useless shits in instead of goal scorers

A defense that is based around one man

No speed on offense

No heart

No goaltending

If you put these ingredients then you too can be the maker of a crappy team.

Okay what you need are:

No speed on offense

No heart

No goaltending

Hey kids, my name is John Ferguson Jr. and I'm here how to teach you how to make a crap team.

Okay what you need are:

No speed on offense

No heart

No goaltending

If you put these ingredients then you too can be the maker of a crappy team.

Chara is a great stickhandler given his size.

I found a great Ovechkin video on Google Video. Not sure if it has been posted.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=37...7567&q=ovechkin

I'm not a Caps fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I tune in to just about every game to see this guy play. It's surreal to think he's only 3 years older than me... and kind of depressing. But seriously, did anyone expect him to be THIS good already? He's got 34 goals this season, that's insane.

Edited by damshow

Yeah, that was really nice. I think that's why he scored too, probably suprised the fuck out of Huet. That was an embarassment of a game though. 12 shots? 12 fucking shots?! For a team that has been moderately sucessful against Ottawa that was pitiful, hell even Hasek said he was embarassed to take that shutout.

At least Montreal showed up in Toronto last night. We should have taken the game in regulation if it wasn't for a hugely missed call by the ref which set up the game tying goal. But Kovalev and the Cancer Kid made up for it in OT, hopefully a step to stop the bleeding and handing Toronto it's 8th straight loss is always fun even if your team sucks just as bad.