The 2005/2006 Hockey Season Thread

Clawson

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, it's always pretty much guaranteed a 7-seed goes to the second round. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was 2. Habs seriously could go to the Cup Finals, I just like what I see in them. But seriously anybody can win it this year, the NHL is so deep now more than ever thanks to the Salary Cap.

These NHL playoffs have been amazing so far, and Toronto isn't even involved! We have blowouts, double OT games, huge hits and amazing goals. I love it.

BTW, to critics of the New NHL, ask RJ Umberger what it's like to play in the No Hitting League.

I'll say this, I love watching the playoffs when the refs don't blow the whistle for every little tug. For fuck's sake it's the playoffs and the game is being slowed down more than usual by a fucking whistle every minute for a little tug on a guy.

Guest Grapehead

These NHL playoffs have been amazing so far, and Toronto isn't even involved! We have blowouts, double OT games, huge hits and amazing goals. I love it.

I so agree, this has been so exciting, and the best part is that Montreal is up 2-0 against Carolina :w00t: (Even though I predicted Carolina to win the cup :P ). The Sabres and Flyers series is brutal, and does anyone know if Montreal wins will they be facing the winners of the Sabres-Flyers series? Another series I'm loving is Oilers-Red Wings, and its so sad, because I love both teams, and Edmonton is playing their hearts out, and yet its the Red Wings! One thing thats surprising me is the early beating of NYR against the Devils, I know its far from over, but the Rangers playoff run looks to be running to a quick stop. I do hope the Rangers could pull through, I mean the Devils won the cup a couple of years ago anyway, whats one more year to them. :P As long as the Sabres or the Stars don't win the cup, I'm a happy camper.

I'll say this, I love watching the playoffs when the refs don't blow the whistle for every little tug. For fuck's sake it's the playoffs and the game is being slowed down more than usual by a fucking whistle every minute for a little tug on a guy.

The one thing that gets on my nerves the most is penalties in overtime. I don't want to see a key game decided on a powerplay to be frank, but if that's what floats Bettman's boat then I guess that is what is going to happen.

Guest Grapehead

On the topic of penalty calls... what the fuck is this goalie interference call on Smyth when Samsonov was about to score. It was bullshit, Legace comes out of his crease by a mile and Smyth tries to step around him, Legace wouldn't have made the save anyways, and he was OUT OF HIS CREASE. The point of the crease is like a safe zone for the goalie, if you are going to give a guy a penalty for touching a goalie anywhere on the ice, just get rid of the fucking crease, it's a bullshit call and I can't stand seeing it.

On the topic of penalty calls... what the fuck is this goalie interference call on Smyth when Samsonov was about to score. It was bullshit, Legace comes out of his crease by a mile and Smyth tries to step around him, Legace wouldn't have made the save anyways, and he was OUT OF HIS CREASE. The point of the crease is like a safe zone for the goalie, if you are going to give a guy a penalty for touching a goalie anywhere on the ice, just get rid of the fucking crease, it's a bullshit call and I can't stand seeing it.

Guest Grapehead

But it makes sense not to ever call that, I wouldn't mind if they never called something like that. The goalie wants to come out that far, then he can take the risk of being knocked over, if he wants to get into the dirty zones in front of the net, he's gotta pay for the advantage. I have seen goalies get run over all season, and yes, they need to protect goalies inside their crease, but players can't be expected to give up that ice to the goalie for free, if the goalie wants it he can take it, but it's ridiculous for the player to look "Oh, he's coming out to challenge my teammates shot, I better give him appropriate room", no he should be allowed to get in the goalies face.

Edit: Ryan Smyth gets his revenge, wrap around goal, w00.

Edited by Grapehead

The Edmonton game has been amazing to watch. There has been physical play and tons of scoring opportunites. Seeing Edmonton up 3 to 1 is really blowing my mind, but it is such a close game. GO OIL!

Grape, I am with you. That disallowed goal was stupid. Legace just came out, and Smyth really couldn't get out of the way. But it's ok, because it is 3 to 1. If the Red Wings tie and win in OT though, some people are gonna be pisssssssed.

Guest Grapehead

Scary moment, that shot by Williams that went under the net. I knew something was up though because it didn't look like it was even possible for Rolosson to let that in, not to mention the angle Williams was at. This is a really good game, I'm pumped for 2nd OT.

I had to wake up at 7 in the morning, but I still stayed up past 2 to watch the end of that game. The game winner was just awesome! I turn the channel to check the time, and then when I go back - BOOM! Edmonton wins!

And now, I will be watching Montreal and Carolina tonight! Joy!

Wow, is it just me or do the Wings seem to lose to an 8-seed very often in the playoffs lately? Not that they'll lose the series, but I seem to remember them getting upset in the first round a lot.

And the Flames, Avs, and Oilers are showing that the Northwest was in fact the toughest division in the NHL this year. The only thing that comes close is the Northeast.

Edited by damshow