The 2005/2006 Hockey Season Thread

Clawson

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Ottawa Senators win the series 4-1 tonight. I was on the edge of my seat for the final one minute as Tampa Bay went on the powerplay and it was 3-2 Ottawa but the Sens prevailed and won the series.

Now I await the John Tortorella post game press conference as they are quite entertaining. :D

Edited by CKN

I'm still not sure Edmonton can pull through. They are down 2-0 so far, and I think they need to win this one to take the series. If Detroit wins this game, I don't see the Oilers winning in Game 7.

I'm still not sure Edmonton can pull through. They are down 2-0 so far, and I think they need to win this one to take the series. If Detroit wins this game, I don't see the Oilers winning in Game 7.

The Oilers have taken 2 games in Detroit already. I think it's likely they can take another one. As long as they don't have a morale killer in this game they're in as good shape as Detroit is for Game 7.

Damn!

Flames lost 1-2 while Oilers pull off 4 goals in the third period to send the Wings home and quite possibly Yzerman to retirement. Tough game to lose.

Flames go back home for Game 7, wonder if Sutter is thinking about the next game or the Oilers just ahead but just once it'd be nice to see Calgary win a series that doesn't go to seven games.

BUF@PHI next.

Montreal absolutely has to win tonight to avoid elimination. 21,273 desperate fans and 20 or so desperate hockey players should hopefully give the the kick in the ass they need to square things up.

I was following the series in sports bars in Europe, has been fucking exciting as all hell. Cam Ward is pure fucking evil. He's so incredibly solid. Huet is class as usual, but we don't score, and don't defend well. We also lost Bouillon for tonight.

Bon Jovi's Livin' on a Prayer comes to mind right now...

The Flyers have to send a message tonight. If they can't win, they need to expose the Sabres softness up front, because they haven't challenged them enough and it's embarassing.

Habs going out in the first wouldn't be an upset. They're seeded 7th. :P

Anyway, after Manny Legace's purely standard playoff numbers (.89 save percentage), and the debate after who was the guy with Osgood faltering down the stretch, I think we all know who will tend net for Detroit next season.

Liv has chosen not to renew his contract with HV71 after the season 2005-06. According to the Red Wings director of European scouting Håkan Andersson, the club is planning to sign Liv for the season 2006-07.

I think I just got into a semi-argument with CKN over whether or not Chara and Redden are worth max.

Odd thing is, I was saying they were and he was saying they aren't. What the fuck is going on? :(

Ottawa has a ton of questions, for now and later. For now, Dominik Hasek. If he says he can play, would you put him in, or would you keep Ray Emery in the net after his solid play?

I think Hasek is a goaltender that, despite his years in goal, still throws off shooters with his strange style and is a one of a kind goalie. Emery has proven he is the future for the team, but I jump at the opportunity to have Hasek in net.

As for resigning Chara and Redden, I think Chara is the must sign. He is a dominating, bruising defender with a great shot like Chris Pronger and, to a lesser extent, McCabe. Chara is a game changer. Redden is good too, and he has been one of the teams leaders for a long time now. Signing both should be a priority for the Sens, but I would say Chara is the one to sign if you can only afford one.

Ottawa has a ton of questions, for now and later. For now, Dominik Hasek. If he says he can play, would you put him in, or would you keep Ray Emery in the net after his solid play?

I think Hasek is a goaltender that, despite his years in goal, still throws off shooters with his strange style and is a one of a kind goalie. Emery has proven he is the future for the team, but I jump at the opportunity to have Hasek in net.

As for resigning Chara and Redden, I think Chara is the must sign. He is a dominating, bruising defender with a great shot like Chris Pronger and, to a lesser extent, McCabe. Chara is a game changer. Redden is good too, and he has been one of the teams leaders for a long time now. Signing both should be a priority for the Sens, but I would say Chara is the one to sign if you can only afford one.

Chara deserves max money for sure. He is one of the biggest and most dominant physical presences in the league, and is a great shut down guy.

Redden... I'm not so sure about. Redden has spats where he is genius and spats where he is invisible. The best thing about Redden is that even when he's struggling he's not noticable because he never really truly stands out. He's just there.

If you're going to keep one or the other, I'd keep Chara, especially with Meszaros back there too. Reddens is definitely a top defensemen in the league, but a max money guy? I dunno.

As for Jovo he is a max money guy for sure. He will likely turn down max money from shit teams to play for a cup contender. Right now it's my hope that he does exactly what Naslund did and come back. My only worry is the Canucks offer him max money before he goes, when likelihood is that any team with a shot at the cup won't have max money around for Jovo, so he would have come back to the Canucks for 4/5 anyway.