The 2005/2006 Hockey Season Thread

Clawson

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The reason that there is not a rivalry between all Canadian teams is that a lot of them are located so far away. For example, yes, I am going for the Oilers because they're a Canadian team which Ottawa does not have a rivalry with, but I doubt Flames fans are going for them. Had the Sens made it to the conference finals, western Canadians would probably be going for them but Leaf fans would want to see their season come to an end as soon as possible.

I root for all the Canadian teams in the playoffs. But I would rather not see Ottawa or Montreal win the Cup. Vancouver, Edmonton and Calgary I am fine with, as they aren't really our (Toronto) rivals.

The reason that there is not a rivalry between all Canadian teams is that a lot of them are located so far away. For example, yes, I am going for the Oilers because they're a Canadian team which Ottawa does not have a rivalry with, but I doubt Flames fans are going for them. Had the Sens made it to the conference finals, western Canadians would probably be going for them but Leaf fans would want to see their season come to an end as soon as possible.

I'd think that patriotism would override all that myself. Well, at least for some fans.

Edmonton starts the series off right, beating the Ducks 3 to 1. Roloson was impressive, and hopefully the Oilers can keep the momentum rolling and win the next game to take the commanding lead in the series.

It's truly a testament to how competitive the teams are this year. I look at the team the Oiler's had going into the season, and I had them anywhere from 4th in the West to last in the West. Every team has looked good, even teams like Columbus had some moments of greatness despite there poor finishes to the season. I love the new NHL, and the Oilers, Sabres, Hurricanes and Ducks must be loving it too.

Man it sure has gone quiet in here since Ottawa and Montreal have got knocked out. One thing I know is that most Leaf fans aren't hockey fans at all. The few that I know haven't watched a single playoff game because the leafs aren't playing. I thought most of you would be cheering on the Oilers since they are the only Canadian team left. I thought a few of you would have commented on the game last night between Edmonton and Anaheim. The good news now is that the saturday afternoon games are done. Hockey should be played at night. Leave the afternoon for football and baseball. The players have said they really don't like it and the ratings prove that it doesn't work.

Man it sure has gone quiet in here since Ottawa and Montreal have got knocked out. One thing I know is that most Leaf fans aren't hockey fans at all. The few that I know haven't watched a single playoff game because the leafs aren't playing. I thought most of you would be cheering on the Oilers since they are the only Canadian team left. I thought a few of you would have commented on the game last night between Edmonton and Anaheim. The good news now is that the saturday afternoon games are done. Hockey should be played at night. Leave the afternoon for football and baseball. The players have said they really don't like it and the ratings prove that it doesn't work.

The only reason I don't post in here more often is I don't want to post right after one of my posts, even if it's a week old.

And Dwayne Roloson rocking at 36 is great.

Edited by desiredtoe

Guest Grapehead

Not true at all. If Buffalo was out I would be cheering on the Oilers just like I was cheering on the Flames last season. All I am saying is that some of you say you are cheering on the oilers but don't seem to post much about the games lately.