The 2005/2006 Hockey Season Thread

Clawson

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Roloson played great, Edmonton made it to the Stanley Cup finals!

I haven't posted here for a while, but I am glad. I'd much rather the Oilers play this far than the Flames, plus I am a fan of Roloson (I am a big fan of Minnesota).

The game was quite well and scary at the end. Anaheim had a 5 on 3 (only for about 20 seconds) with like two minutes left and the goalie pulled. Scary.

Good game, though.

I am glad the Oilers won as it eliminates one team that doesn't deserve to be there. Once Buffalo finishes off Carolina then we will have a final with 2 teams that should be there. When Anaheim and Carolina can't sellout a playoff game they shouldn't be there. Atleast its not the Leafs in the final

I am glad the Oilers won as it eliminates one team that doesn't deserve to be there. Once Buffalo finishes off Carolina then we will have a final with 2 teams that should be there. When Anaheim and Carolina can't sellout a playoff game they shouldn't be there. Atleast its not the Leafs in the final

I am really trying to figure out what gives you the right to say a team doesn't deserve to be in the finals.

Duh, the fact that the fans matter over the players. Sure it annoys me that some teams can't sell out playoff games, but I'm not going to base everything on that. If their players are good enough to get the team to the finals, they absolutely deserve to be there.

Also, Carolina and Anaheim sold out all the playoff games they had this year, I believe. In fact, Carolina had pretty strong attendance last season and have been selling out games and such all year long.

So yeah, stop being a douchebag. These "Undeserving" teams need to win at some point, or they are never going to build a strong fanbase. Who the hell are you to judge which fans deserve a title more? The Oilers have alreayd won 4 Stanley Cups, why should they get more than the three other teams that have NEVER won it?

Idiot.

Also, Carolina and Anaheim sold out all the playoff games they had this year, I believe. In fact, Carolina had pretty strong attendance last season and have been selling out games and such all year long.

So yeah, stop being a douchebag. These "Undeserving" teams need to win at some point, or they are never going to build a strong fanbase. Who the hell are you to judge which fans deserve a title more? The Oilers have alreayd won 4 Stanley Cups, why should they get more than the three other teams that have NEVER won it?

Idiot.

Anaheim actually didn't sell out some of its first round playoff games I think. But Carolina did. Carolina's fans are fair weather fans (look at the attendance in their bad years as opposed to their good ones) I think we all know. But Carolina has a strong fanbase, just the other day I was driving to Philadelphia and saw a car with a big Hurricane logo on the rear window. Anaheim does too. I remember when I was 6, thanks to the movies and their name "Mighty Ducks", they were the hockey team we all adored.

As I said before, this is all a testament to the new NHL. If the new rules and the cap were not in place, I would expect Toronto, New Jersey and Dallas to still be playing. But now, we have equality, and it makes for great hockey.