A sad day for all...

gunnar hendershow

http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=5424

News - Zelda: Twilight Princess Delayed Until '06

Posted by Ian G. Pueschel at 09:25:20 AM EST on 8.16.2005.

Earlier today it was confirmed by Nintendo themselves that The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess has been delayed until April 1st 2006, at the very earliest.

"After much discussion, the Zelda development team has requested extra time to add new levels, more depth and even higher quality to Zelda: Twilight Princess. Consequently, we're announcing a new global launch in 2006, after the conclusion of this fiscal year (March 31). We'll provide a specific date at a later point in time. While this may come as a disappointment to many eager fans, it will absolutely enrich the game and make it a multi-million seller."

Suffice it to say this news comes as quite a shock to all concerned; the next Zelda title was looking more than ready for release at this past E3 and few would have thought that such a major delay would be in the works. More on this as it develops.

In an attempt to make the news slightly less sucktactular, seven new screenshots were also released detailing among other things a busy town scene and a snowy area. Try to enjoy.

*Darth Vader voice* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Grapehead

I doubt it's a joke, it's being reported by Gamespot, so it's not just some internet guys idea of a joke, and Nintendo isn't going to try to pull something of that nature.

I doubt it's a joke, it's being reported by Gamespot, so it's not just some internet guys idea of a joke, and Nintendo isn't going to try to pull something of that nature.

Yeah, that would be a marketing disaster. And if anyone knows how to market stuff it's Nintendo! [/sarcasm]

Yes, this news story is the unfortunate truth...

I don't mind, because no matter what this is Zelda, and Nintendo never screws up Zelda. Wasn't Ocarina of Time delayed too?

That not to say I expect it to fail at all, but please remember that this was the same mistake which caused the failures of Conker's Bad Fur Day and Paper Mario on the N64 back in '01.

Conker wasn't a big name franchise though, as good of a game as it was it also had a limited audience. Paper Mario though, I will not dispute. Was that a deal of them delaying, or just putting the idea into motion too late?

That not to say I expect it to fail at all, but please remember that this was the same mistake which caused the failures of Conker's Bad Fur Day and Paper Mario on the N64 back in '01.

Conker wasn't a big name franchise though, as good of a game as it was it also had a limited audience. Paper Mario though, I will not dispute. Was that a deal of them delaying, or just putting the idea into motion too late?