Post Your Madden 06 Franchise!

Toe

Talk about what team you are, who you signed, who beat etc., right here!

I chose to try and lead the New Orleans Saints to some sort of title. I had my team set with no big deals to speak of. First preseason game of the season...WHAM!

Deuce Macallister, who I had planned to carry the offense, was out for the whole season with a shattered hip. Oh well, I still have Aaron Brooks to carry the offense. WHAM!

Aaron Brooks suffers a broken vertebrae and he is also out of the season! I hired Quincy Carter because he would fit into my offense decently (ie, he could run) and went onto the season. Game one, against the Panthers, I lose 48-14, with Quincy throwing 3 interceptions and Bouman, my backup QB throwing three as well. Antwain Smith, my running back, was shut down for 50 yards and 1 TD. I just finished game two, beating the NY Giants 38 - 7. I threw alot of shorter passes, and Quincy ended the game with two passing TD's and 1 rushing TD to his credit. I shut Eli Manning down, sacking him 5 times and hitting him at least 15 times. After that game, the future looks bright for the Saints! Hopefully, my lack of a real starting HB and QB won't bite me in the ass.

Ya so during a discussion with LL I decided to create a 7'0 tall whiteboy with a mullet who throws left-handed and is a redneck from Alabama. I made him bomb the IQ test with only 20% then the Giants go and pick him in the 3rd round with the 10th pick.

Guess they ain't happy with Eli.

Ya so during a discussion with LL I decided to create a 7'0 tall whiteboy with a mullet who throws left-handed and is a redneck from Alabama. I made him bomb the IQ test with only 20% then the Giants go and pick him in the 3rd round with the 10th pick.

Guess they ain't happy with Eli.

all picks after round 1 are more or less random. You get picked by whatever team the CPU feels needs a player at the position you play. My created superstar was an 88 OVR quarterback. I got drafted round 2 pick 1 by the 49ers and played ahead of Alex Smith, 81 OVR, to start as QB

Guest Bluesman

Using the Vikings, I undid the major mistake of drafting Williamson at 7. I trade down with San Diego for the 12th and 28th picks that I use to take Derrick Johnson and Mike Patterson, and at 17 I take the best receiver in the draft, Mark Clayton. I also trade for Pac-Man, under the scenario that he pisses off his teammates enough to force a trade (what, it could happen :shifty:). I also trade for Ben Watson from the Pats to get some speed at the TE spot. But other than that it's the Vikes...

So far I've struggled a bit with passing, I seem to be forcing it at times. My running game has been pretty good, as Mewelde Moore is playing like he did last year giving me the receiver out of the backfield I enjoy. Derrick Johnson and Pac-Man (nickel back) have been huge this year, definately my biggest playmakers (I almost always play as Johnson). The last game Kenechi Udeze got me 4 sacks, which helps because Kevin Williams has been worthless thus far.

I wish we could use created playbooks in franchise, I designed an empty backfield formation that allows Culpepper to dominate in a number of pass/run (QB keeper) option plays. It makes good use of my team (Kleinsasser as a blocker or receiver, Moore as a receiver) and I enjoy empty backfield formations.

I just beat the Vikings 38-29. Quincy tied a NFL record that is held by a Manning...

Eli Manning. Quincy threw 6 interceptions and had a 0.0 QB Rating. He's gone for good, traded him to the Dolphins for a 3rd round pick. The only reason I won was that I picked off Culpepper 3 times, and each one I ran for a TD.

Talk about what team you are, who you signed, who beat etc., right here!

I chose to try and lead the New Orleans Saints to some sort of title. I had my team set with no big deals to speak of. First preseason game of the season...WHAM!

Deuce Macallister, who I had planned to carry the offense, was out for the whole season with a shattered hip. Oh well, I still have Aaron Brooks to carry the offense. WHAM!

Aaron Brooks suffers a broken vertebrae and he is also out of the season! I hired Quincy Carter because he would fit into my offense decently (ie, he could run) and went onto the season. Game one, against the Panthers, I lose 48-14, with Quincy throwing 3 interceptions and Bouman, my backup QB throwing three as well. Antwain Smith, my running back, was shut down for 50 yards and 1 TD. I just finished game two, beating the NY Giants 38 - 7. I threw alot of shorter passes, and Quincy ended the game with two passing TD's and 1 rushing TD to his credit. I shut Eli Manning down, sacking him 5 times and hitting him at least 15 times. After that game, the future looks bright for the Saints! Hopefully, my lack of a real starting HB and QB won't bite me in the ass.

Does anyone know why my NCAA race for the heisman player went from a skinny white guy with a buzzcut to a built black guy with an afro once I imported him to Madden? I've heard its happened to other people as well

The body type is selected at random. It only imports the stats to get a conversion from NCAA/Madden.

I just got it today, so I'm just starting. Carolina's the team, and I need to go up to All-Pro already as I was 8-10 with Delhomme and was up 21-0 at halftime against the Saints.

I finished the season with my Saints by going 9-7. I hired Tyrone Wheatly and decided I would mainly just grind up the middle, and pass on third down. It worked well, and lowered my number of turnovers greatly. I didn't make the playoffs because the Bucs went 11-5 and the Falcons also went 9-7. Damn me being in the stronger divison of the NFC!

I took the Lions to the Conference game with a 10-6 record. Harrington had a great season and tore up the field in passing. I traded up for some good picks and got some good rookies for the next season, some up and coming wrs and te's. Also I signed Law on defense to make sure I had a big playmaker up there. Next year they will be a SB contender.

Still haven't played franchise yet. I figure it's probably exactly the same as 2005, which I played to death, but i may still get into it. I prefer to do fantasy draft though because it let's me decide my entire team (and i do always pick nearly every player). Teams get kind of unrealistic this way in 2005 though (Once saw a team that had Randy Moss, Terrell Owens and Torry Holt).

Anyways, I'm still playing superstar mode.

I got tired of my QB who was supposed to be a wr because his lack of arm strength made it about impossible to get a first on third and long. Also it led to a lot of interceptions where the receiver was open, but I under-threw it.

So, I started a new career with a QB whose father was a hall of fame QB (Dual threat).

Now my QB has around the same speed (88), and has 89 THP and only like 78 THA, but that's not a problem. At least I can throw the ball deep decently.

Got drafted by the Tampa Bay Bucs and I'm playing second string behind Griese, but he has been injured twice already this year, causing me to play the majority of the games. Things are going well, I'm trying to not be too outspoken this time (last time I was labelled a disruption, compared to this time where my personality type is Team Leader) and I'm doing decent. (3-4 tds per game, 1-2 ints and 200-300 yards). My defense is not as good as it was in KC though. We give up a ton of long-balls. In fact, the Lions threw like 3 deep touch downs to Charles Rogers against me.

I've had some odd moments letting the cpu play defense too. Firstly, A pass interference call on a play where the ball went like 2 feet (qb released the ball into the ground as he was hit...basically dropped it). Secondly, there was a drive that the opposing team (Buffalo Bills I think) made that lasted like 4 minutes and went 17 plays before resulting in a field goal. Basically they drove down to the 1 yard line, and then the defense held them until third down where they got pass interference in the endzone: first down Buffalo, then they held again until third down before getting yet another pass interference before finally holding them on third down the 3rd time.

It was damn long.

Anyways, I figured I'd share my experiences with you. I personally would like to hear from even more people.

I did the randomly generated parents player in Superstar mode..dad was a backup running back, mom was a trackstar..I'm a QB with a speed of 89...

in Francise, i chose my team the Eagles..I traded TO away to the Redskins for Rod Gardner and Santana Moss. Going to trade Pinkston and a 2nd round pick to the Falcons for Price...signed tai Streets, Ty Law and Teddy Bruschi from free agency...Bruschi can stop the pass, Trotter can stop the run so I have my defense buffed up really well

I did the randomly generated parents player in Superstar mode..dad was a backup running back, mom was a trackstar..I'm a QB with a speed of 89...

in Francise, i chose my team the Eagles..I traded TO away to the Redskins for Rod Gardner and Santana Moss.  Going to trade Pinkston and a 2nd round pick to the Falcons for Price...signed tai Streets, Ty Law and Teddy Bruschi from free agency...Bruschi can stop the pass, Trotter can stop the run so I have my defense buffed up really well

Didn't you find that you didn't have enough throwing power (seeing as you were probably meant to be a rb)?  That was my problem.

Oh, I just started a second superstar game...this time as a FS and I started out rated 92 overall.  Kind of like not building a guy up at all.

Yea, my arm strength is low as hell. I'm not one to go deep very often though. I like short passes suplimented by a strong running game, which has been workin so far for me as QB

You can't do the option in Madden, which kind of sucks.

But in my franchise, I took the Packers, and did some wheelin'-dealin' and the D looks pretty strong. I traded Green (because I think he's the king of overrateds) and I'm using Najeh, I always do well with Najeh. And I've also signed Brock Lesnar and I'm trying to get him to a point where I can start him! :P

He's a free agent..think he's a right tackle or right end, 69 OVR...