Post Your Madden 06 Franchise!

Toe

Defensive tackle, near the bottom of the list.

And in other Franchise news, Cedric Benson's career is finished thanks to a torn Achilles tendon. Grossman's out 3 more weeks with knee bursitis, and Muhsin Muhammad comes off the disabled list juuuuuuust in time to play my Panthers.

Edited by oldskool

Well, I decided that I wanted to play WR and so I was looking for the one where the father is a Hall of Fame WR who was a burner (the top line says he was a burner). However, I passed one that I thought would be an interesting combination, and just had to see how good of a player it produced.

Father: Hall of Fame D-Lineman (Defensive End)

Mother: College Track Star (Description at the top says one of the world's fastest women).

The end result was a defensive end that's rated 96 overall right at the beginning of the game, with 93 speed.

Too bad he looks nothing like me (wrong skin color)...I may play it out anyways though.

Got drafted in the 4th round though. I'd say that was a steal. The funny thing is, he got drafted by the Cowboys who had drafted two defensive linemen in the first round.

EDIT - Actually one they turned into a linebacker. Shows how much I follow the cowboys

Edited by jase12881

my webmaster keeps saying I'll make a good backup quarterback..despite taking the Bills to the superbowl and getting Rookie Of The Year, MVP and Offensive Player Of the Year...I'm doin good with a 79OVR QB...80 speed but 70 arm strength..I wonder how my NCAA 06 guy would do if I actually played that game..got drafted 2nd round to the 49ers...88OVR pocket passer, 89 arm strength

Well, I decided that I wanted to play WR and so I was looking for the one where the father is a Hall of Fame WR who was a burner (the top line says he was a burner).  However, I passed one that I thought would be an interesting combination, and just had to see how good of a player it produced.

Father: Hall of Fame D-Lineman (Defensive End)

Mother: College Track Star      (Description at the top says one of the world's fastest women).

The end result was a defensive end that's rated 96 overall right at the beginning of the game, with 93 speed.

Too bad he looks nothing like me (wrong skin color)...I may play it out anyways though.

Got drafted in the 4th round though.  I'd say that was a steal.  The funny thing is, he got drafted by the Cowboys who had drafted two defensive linemen in the first round.

EDIT - Actually one they turned into a linebacker.  Shows how much I follow the cowboys

You probably would have been a good running back with those parents as well. Someone with speed, but the strength to run over the defence.

Like my guy..weak assed QB with good speed cuz dad wa a backup running back and mom was a track star...

I just had the worst 2 min drill of my life...

My revamped Packers secondary lets up one TD, which is ok because I'm up by 21....well, 14 now. They kick an onside kick with like 1:24 to go, and get it back....damn. Then they score again, 37 seconds to go. Kick an onside kick.....get it back. DAMN! Drive drive drive they go, and I'm clinging on to my 38-31 lead which used to be 38-17 less than a minute to go. They're down to the 25, no FG because they're down by 7. Cullpepper drops back, rockets it to the middle.....

INTERCEPTED BY NICK-FREAKING-BARNETT!!!

Favre takes a knee to end it.

Nick will be a Packer for life in this franchise.

I just had the worst 2 min drill of my life...

My revamped Packers secondary lets up one TD, which is ok because I'm up by 21....well, 14 now.  They kick an onside kick with like 1:24 to go, and get it back....damn.  Then they score again, 37 seconds to go.  Kick an onside kick.....get it back.  DAMN!  Drive drive drive they go, and I'm clinging on to my 38-31 lead which used to be 38-17 less than a minute to go.  They're down to the 25, no FG because they're down by 7.  Cullpepper drops back, rockets it to the middle.....

INTERCEPTED BY NICK-FREAKING-BARNETT!!!

Favre takes a knee to end it.

Nick will be a Packer for life in this franchise.

My parents were a high school football coach and a team physician. I ended up as a QB with a lot of agility but 77 arm strength which sucks. I'm currently at 78-79 but at game time im always 82. I was drafted round 3, pick 3 by the Browns. Played 2 games splitting time with Dilfer before demanding a trade. I ended up in Detroit (my home team) and am in a 3 way battle for the starting QB job until next season when I blow em both away in TC because I now know how to get big boosts on stats.

Superstar mode's OK, but I'm really wishing they'd gone old-school with the drills to determine stats. It sucks that you get all these great stats and find out you're a black guy and you have to try again if you happen to be a white guy <_<

It also sucks that no matter what position you pick, you're not good enough to start ANYWHERE. I tried being a K and I'm the fourth-string Ravens kicker ending my 4th season behind a retiring Jason Elam and two other rookies. I make myself play though :shifty: Otherwise it's just pointless.

Superstar mode's OK, but I'm really wishing they'd gone old-school with the drills to determine stats. It sucks that you get all these great stats and find out you're a black guy and you have to try again if you happen to be a white guy <_<

It also sucks that no matter what position you pick, you're not good enough to start ANYWHERE. I tried being a K and I'm the fourth-string Ravens kicker ending my 4th season behind a retiring Jason Elam and two other rookies. I make myself play though :shifty: Otherwise it's just pointless.